A Call to Arms [Group 1]

From Ferris to Madragar
Locked
User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:05 am

"I was not able to see them clearly... I only saw the shapes moving seperate from the leaves when I was coming down from the winds. The distance was only a few hundred feet within the forest, but as I said, it is very possible that they have moved from where I saw them. Also, my position is agreeable."

Malsvirirlym nocks an arrow and begins moving silently behind the group while watching and listening behind the group for movement. Also he watches each humanoid of the group every few minutes or so as they move along.

Active spot and Listen checks, taking 10. Also, Move Silently at half speed.
Image

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:35 pm

"If you would like, I can cast a spell that will allow us to all move perfectly quiet, and yet has no effect on our spell casting."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:40 pm

"That might not be a bad idea, however I think it may be fruitless. They've already been scouting us. They are aware of our presence."
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:54 pm

"quite possibly. However, I've never been one for stelath actions, without the spell I'll clank so loud they will know exactly where we are. At least with it they will have to put some effort into finding us, but it's up to you."

Not even worth putting the stealth bits, Sammuel really isn't. Both he and Andrea are actively trying to spot though. Sammuel at +0, Andrea at +6 and Cachi (hawk familar) at +14

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:11 pm

"I agree. While they may know where we are, no reason to make it easy on them. Plus, if we aren't making a lot of noise, then we may be able to hear them better. Everyone gather around, so that I can get everybody."

I will cast Sculpt Sound on everybody, dampening the sounds of movement.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:12 am

The woods are thick and overgrown as you travel north from the camp. At points you seem to lose Cachi and Thraehysvear in the overgrowth of the forest canopy.

After the first hour of travel through the forest, it starts to thin a little. The trees become less clustered and if you look carefully you can see animal tracks, although none of them seem like they are fresh. The travel starts to become easier.

Cachi and Thraehysvear fly down from the skies to their respective owners (pm's sent to draconas and tailor).

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:32 am

Andreas walks in the lead, to the right of Armite. It scans the surrounding area to spot anything that could cause them harm.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:50 am

Doc stays a few steps behind Andreas within distance to reach out and touch him. [/b]

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:05 am

Samara continues scouting out front, hiding and moving silently. Every now and then she stops to allow the party to catch up and make contact. On these occasions, she reports with some annoyance that she hasn't noted any danger, then moves off to begin scouting again.
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:37 am

Andrea signalled Sammuel and held up an arm for Cachi to land on. She conversed briefly with the hawk then gave his plumage a tickle. "Good boy." She let the hawk take off again before relaying, "He saw a clearing up ahead - about 15 minutes away at our speed. He says it's filled will humanoids that look like pigs - about 10 of them he saw. But he is not one for big numbers. He doesn't think they are friendly."

Sammuel nodded. "Going around would be folly, this is our home ground and I don't want to be backstabbed. Given we know they are there we hit them hard and finish them quick. Move forward until they are in range of one of your scrying spells so you can figure out what they are. You have a fly today?" Andrea nodded, "Get me above these trees, I drop a fireball on them then we hit the survivers in melee before they can recover. Retreat off a distance and see if anyone comes to see what happened."

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:56 am

Andraes nods in approval.

"Sammuel, you have a mind for tactics. I am impressed."

With a flick of the wrists, both blades are deployed and ready to go.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:41 pm

Mar reaches into her empty quiver and draws out a composite short bow.

"Ready whenever you are."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:21 pm

The medium sized Golden Eagle swoops down a few moments after the hawk, and begins speaking with Malsvirirlym in Sylvan, Sylvan:"The falcon is correct, about 10 hoggish two-feet. They are lightly armored, and I see no bows."

Malsvirirlym's wings unfold, and shudder as he speaks, "Indeed, Cachi was correct. Also, there appear to be no ranged weapons with them. Hit and run tactics would be very apt here. I can provide flanking, in addition to the height advantage from your spells. Also, we might want to minimize the damage if we cannot find out through the scrying spells their intentions, I do not want to harm possible allies."
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:16 pm

Unless anyone objects the plan is thus: Continue moving to about 3 minutes away from the clearing. Andrea will cast Arcane Eye and send it to the clearing to see exactly what is there and whether they are likely to be hostile.

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:30 pm

"What exactly does this Magic Eye do?"
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:38 pm

Andrea explained "It creates an invisible magic eye that I can control. I can send it to the clearing and see through it so I can tell how many things there are, what they are, and if they are likely to be hostile. It takes me a little while to cast."

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:02 pm

"I'll be willing to distract them while you guys get into position. I can take a little pain before returning right back at them."

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:29 pm

Malsvirirlym listens, then grins, his bright white teeth gleam, and then he looks to the outsider, "I think the point of such a brilliant spell is to make it so we don't have to provide any type of diversion. How close do you need to get?"
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1037
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Post by draconas » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:47 am

Sammuel nodded "That is the plan. If they are hostile I want the first thing for them to know about us is when I drop 2 fireballs on their heads. Andrea, how close do you need to be?"

She considered, "I can hold the spell for a bit under 10 minutes and it can move as fast as we can. So lets get to a few minutes away - we'll be far enough to still be hidden while I take a looksee."

Sammuel indicated in the direction of the clearing, "best stealthy feet forward till we are closer"

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:15 am

Sounds good to me. I have some spells of a sort that might useful but anyone who wants to benefit must hand over their weapons for a few moments once we get closer. If we can figure out what these things are exactly, I can make weapons more potent against them, but I'd rather not use up all my abilities for the day so probably just one or two people. Unfortunately, my abilities take a few moments to use. Andreas,if you could come over here for a moment I can make you able to reduce the amount of damage you take right now. Doc casts Stone construct on Andreas as long as he's willing.

Stone Construct (Artificer 3) provides touched construct with DR 10/ adamantine for up to 100 minutes or 100 pts of damage. Casting Time 1 round. Material Components Granite and 250 gp worth of diamond dust.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:59 am

"As it sounds like I am the only one with healing magic in the group, I will try to conserve my spells to be used for first aid."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:35 am

"Thank you, Doc. That is most useful."
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:15 am

Marsali, I have this (holds a wand up) and can easily make another if this one is used up. Use your spells however you choose.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:10 am

I am working on the setup for the ensuing encounter. It will be a day or two before the next validation

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:49 pm

As you get closer, Andrea uses her Arcane eye spell to search ahead at what is in the clearing. She indeed sees a number of Orcs in the clearing ahead around a campfire.

There are 2 that are clearly giving direction to the rest.

Image is the layout of the clearing and what Andrea is able to get from Arcane Eye
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:59 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Where are we iin conjunction to the clearing? And was there a defined marching order?

 

Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post by Flinx » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:23 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Here is our marching order:

[quote="draconas"]Sammuel nodded, If you would like to scout then Princess? Armite you have point, with Andraes, Then myself, Mar, Doc and Andrea. Malsvirirlym, if you take the rear guard you should be able to shoot over most of our heads.[/quote]

 

R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Post by Catalyst » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:25 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Thanks, Flinx. Somehow I missed that.

 

Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:36 pm

"I suggest that the fireball should be focus on the leaders of the group. Then we should get into position to take out the leaders. That way the rest of the orcs will be confused and won't have any tactics to deal with us."

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:37 pm

You are heading North towards the Ocean, so your group is coming up from the bottom, remember you are probably a good 10 minutes from the clearing

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 1”