Beachfront Property

From Ferris to Madragar
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Beachfront Property

Post by klakxor » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:22 am

The group gathers there possessions and continues their trek through the woods. As they move through, the woods start to clear more and more, allowing for more free movement. Within 3 hours you have reached the beach and the sun has just set. The weather has held and the skies look clear over the calm of the waters.

Is the group going to make camp or continue on travelling through the night? You have roughly travelled half a day to make it to the beach. You most likely have another days travel to where you believe the boat should be at. Since you started right out from the gate, you still have 2 days before the boat leaves.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:34 pm

"It's almost dark. Should we make camp or keep going? I don't mind since my sight won't be hindered by darkness."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by draconas » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 pm

Sammuel shook his head, "no point exhausting outselves during the night if we don't have to. Andrea, do you have a rope trick?"

She smiled, "of course. Problem is Mar." Turning to him she stopped smiling, "I can open a hidden pocket for us to sleep hidden in, but I think you are going to be a bit too big to fit."

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Flinx » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:29 pm

"I know that I have put on a little weight, but I sure hope that you are referring to Mal. Oh, and resting is good for me, as I have used all but my weakest magic."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:08 am

My vote is to rest. As long as no one disagrees, that is. Now how does everyone want to split up the watch?

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:23 am

"I'll take first watch since my abilities doesn't need to be recharged and I can see in the dark."

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Catalyst » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:54 am

"I can keep watch the entire night as I do not need rest. If anyone would care to join me in shifts, they are more than welcome to."
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6185
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by patransom » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:00 pm

Samara says, "The princess likes her beauty sleep, so resting is fine. But we can see in the dark, too, so wake us up if someone needs a watcher while they take a bathroom break or something."
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Flinx » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:03 pm

"All I ask is that I have first or last watch, as I need eight hours of uninterrupted sleep to get my spells back."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:29 am

"Mar, you can take last watch. It's better for the party for you to fully prepared instead of trying to watch us while not at full strength."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by draconas » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:46 am

Andrea giggled, "yes, sorry. Within the pocket we are almost totally hidden, I need my rest and Sammuel needs all the beauty sleep he can get."

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by klakxor » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:14 pm

Please let me know what the final decision to do is. Seems like the consensus is to rest the night.

I will need to know who Andrea will be helping with the Rope trick, who will be out, and what type of watch is going to be set.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Catalyst » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:38 pm

Andraes opts to stay out of the rope trick. It would be useless for It to take up the space others could use.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Phoenix512 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:14 pm

Armite will stay out of the rope trick as well since he doesn't really to rest recover his abilities.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by klakxor » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:04 am

The group rests through the night easily enough, some of you resting in the hidden protection of Andrea's rope trick while others relax under the moonlight. There is a slight breeze from the ocean that puts a small chill over the beach through the night.

During the morning, as you prepare to depart, you notice a group of humanoids a small ways east up the beach from you (you are heading west and will not need to deal with them most likely).

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:49 am

OOC: Thanks for assuming I would rest. Spring Break happened.

Malsvirirlym will rest outside for two hours, and then take flight in the moonlit night, keeping an eye out for any sources of light nearby.
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6185
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by patransom » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:46 am

Samara asks, "Should we take a minute to see what that group of humanoids is up to? I mean, they might have seen us and reveal something about what we're up to ... and they might have something valuable."
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Flinx » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:37 pm

"I agree. And, if they are hostile, I'm not sure that I want them behind us where they could catch us between themselves and another foe."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:16 pm

While I'm not opposed to fighting, we are on a time schedule here. But if everyone else wants to check it out, I'm all for it.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Catalyst » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:37 pm

"I have no opinion on the matter. As long as our current mission is not delayed, that is."
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Phoenix512 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:19 pm

"We shouldn't all go to check them out. One person should be enough to scout them out."

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by draconas » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:16 am

Sammuel considered "We have anopther way, Andrea can scry on them for us, nobody needs to go at all, now lets vacate the beach before they spot us." He would lead people back into the tree line.

Andrea will cast magic eye and send it to go look at the humanoids.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 pm

"That's an excellent plan. Let's continue on. The ship isn't going to wait for us."

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Mal will continue flying, staying aloft waiting for the party to move out, rising into the sky as day breaks to about 900 ft
Last edited by TheGreenLabrador on Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6185
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by patransom » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:00 pm

Samara says, "Magic makes life so much easier ... The princess will have to get herself an official, magical assistant like you have, Sammuel, when she gets around to it." She waits to hear what Andrea has to report.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by klakxor » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:17 pm

Andrea scrys on the group just down the beach. It appears to be a group of fisherman enjoying an early morning catch.

You continue down the beach for most of the day. The early summer sun warming you and the fresh breeze over the ocean making the walk quite enjoyable.

Around mid day you spy a group of elves, armed with with bows and longswords along the beach. (This information is from the 2 birds flying ahead as well as Mal seeing them in the distance from his vantage point in the sky).

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Flinx » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:35 pm

"Hmmm... Do you really think it is elves? Or more shapechangers?
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Catalyst » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:48 pm

" That's a tough call. The shapeshifters we fought before also carried bows and longswords and were disguised as elves... Then again, the bow and longsword are very typical weapons for that race. I must say, I am at a loss."

Had Andraes a face, it would look slightly confused.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:29 pm

"Does anyone have a spell or ability to tell if they are shapeshifters?"

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:08 pm

Well, apart from the spell, are not all the elves in this region under the command of King Aerondell? If so, should we not just announce, or at least one of us announce, our presence to them under the name of King Aerondell? If they do not respond in kind, perhaps they are not elves.
Image

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 1”