Beachfront Property

From Ferris to Madragar
User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by draconas » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:12 am

Andrea chuckled, "My turn again I guess. Hang on while I listen to them."

She will cast Clairaudience and see what the elves are saying amungst themselves which should give a better idea of whether they are friend or foe.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by klakxor » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:57 am

As you discuss the group ahead of you, Andrea uses her magic to listen in on them.

As far as any of you can tell, the group is completely oblivious to you coming up the beach. Somehow they didn't even notice a halfdragon centaur flying in the air.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by draconas » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:17 am

Andrea giggled, "they're complaining about being stuck on beach patrol and not seeing anything to shoot at."

Sammuel cosidered, "So either they are legit and just useless or an ambush who were aware that you are scrying on them. I suggest we approach caustiously. Samara, sneak round through the trees so you can suprise anything waiting in there for us. The rest of us approach cautiously and say hi - if it goes bad the first thing I will do is drop the biggest fireball I can cast on them."

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Catalyst » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:48 am

Andraes crouches down at the tree-line, shifting It's appearance to something more to fit the area (think a chameleon) and waits, ready to rush the party of haphazard ambushers.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by patransom » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:39 am

Samara disguises herself to look like one of the "elf" archers they fought yesterday, except that she has a bright blue feather in her cap. "Is this what they look like, Andrea? And Samuel, if you see one with a bright blue feather, don't fireball me, please." She salutes overdramatically and heads for the trees and cover (hide +18, move silently +16)
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:12 pm

Mal will walk up calmly, making no attempt to hide himself, but separating himself slightly from the general party.
Image

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Flinx » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:14 pm

Mar hums quietly to herself, hoping that she isn't walking into a trap, and will continue forward to meet the group of elves.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by klakxor » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:04 pm

As the group approaches, one of t he elves catches notice of you. Before you know it, 4 of the elves are down on one knee with their bows drawn aimed down the beach towards you. One of them calls out "In the name of King Aerondell, stop where you are and tell us your business?"

The sight of the group of you would concievably make the smaller group of elves nervous, however these elves seem steady and calm.

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Flinx » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:55 pm

[Elvish]"Greetings, please stand down, we mean you no harm." [/elvish] "We are but a group of traveling adventurers, searching the world for wrongs to rights, and monsters to slay. I am Marsaili, a humble dancer and songmistress, here to tell the tale of these great and noble warriors."

Diplomacy: +16
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by patransom » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:13 am

Samara remains disguised and hidden, waiting to see how Marsalli's diplomatic efforts turn out.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:50 pm

Since everyone who has decent hearing could hear Armite coming, he will act as a bodyguard for Mar.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by draconas » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:09 pm

Inwardly Sammuel cursed, these were soldiers. Now he was up closer he would see if he recognised any of them or any unit insignia.


Andrea stood just behind him, so she coudl actually duck behind him if need be, he wore a nice metal breastplate to stop arrows, she didn't.

There isn't really a knowledge military. Basically seeing if sammuel can recognise anything about them he can use to talk about from his years serving in the war.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Catalyst » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:51 pm

Andraes stays poised and waiting. At the first sign of trouble, It'll make a mad dash to kill the offending party.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by klakxor » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:35 pm

"We do not accept travelling adventurers on our shores unless they have come to join the armies of Prince Cavellon. There is plenty of adventure and wrongdoing on the shores of Madragar to be had."

The elf who is speaking has lowered his bow and stood up. The others are still knelt down and have their arrows knocked.

"We can escort you to the prince, but your group is larger then ours and we would need to wait for re-enforcement to arrive. Otherwise we request that you return to your boat and leave at once."

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by patransom » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:21 pm

Samara remains hidden ...
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 1144
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO USA

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Flinx » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:42 pm

"Truth be told, we were already on our way back to meet up with our ship, as there is too much political intrigue in the area, and not being from around here, we thought it would be best to avoid both sides."
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
Image
Image

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Catalyst » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:22 am

Andraes remains hidden. Trying to get a grasp on the situation at hand, It remains still, gauging the distance between itself and the nearest archer.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:00 pm

Doc Is standing off to the side, her hand resting on the handle of her axe.

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:02 pm

Malsvirirlym, crosses his muscular arms and allows the bard to speak for the party.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by klakxor » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:52 pm

The only ship this far west belongs to the Prince. The elf now gets back down to his knee and knocks his bow again.

We will need to stop you if that is your path.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Catalyst » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:23 pm

THINKING: This was not what I was hoping for. However, if these creatures believe they can hinder our progress, I will gladly show them otherwise. Stupid fleshlings, always eager to draw blood.

Andraes remains crouched. The first violent action towards the party will result in Andraes charging headlong and tackling the offender.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by draconas » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:27 pm

Sammuel managed not to swear. "Precisely you stupid idiot. Where do you think we have come from? I am Sammuel Mohegdon from the army, we are on a mission that requires the boat and the only reason we didn't wipe your blind party of guards out when we spotted them is that we happen to be on the same side. Now I am ordering you to Stand Down, and go and practice being on watch somewhere before you fail to spot something less friendly."
OUT OF CHARACTER
Military commander style I am incharge intimidate check at +20

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by klakxor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:16 am

Sammuel starts tearing into the elven commander, however he holds his position. Until.....

From the woods behind the elves walk Prince Cavellon, in the same exact attire you saw him in before with a blue feather in his cap.

“Please, both of you, stand down!”

To the elves: “I applaud you on your devotion to your duty, but this group is under my command. Our mission is one of utmost importance, and you must let us pass. King Aerondell and I are in full agreement on this. I apologize for the need for subterfuge at first, but we recently encountered shapeshifters disguised as devoted servants of the King.”

The elves at once back down and look at the group. The lead elf bows in respect, Sire, we will gather the garrison and escort you to the ship.

Spinning around on his heel he commands one of the other elves. Jozeen, return and tell General Il'ludra that Prince Cavellon and a squad of men are here on the beach to be escorted to the ship.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Catalyst » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:10 am

At this, Andraes stands and returns It's weapons to where they belong and heads over to Sammuel.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:08 am

Satisfied, Mal will begin following the king, and in doing so lay a hand on Sammuel and squeezes it slightly.

Excellent use of words.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by klakxor » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:12 am

Prince Cavellon holds up a hand to Jozeen and speaks to the lead elf, Our mission is one of urgency and we would prefer as few know of it as possible. We cannot delay awaiting an escort, although if you and your men wish to guide us, your company would be welcome.

The elf replies, We must at least check in and let General Il'ludra know that we are escorting your highness to the ship.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by klakxor » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:00 pm

Send a man to notify the General if you must, but let the message be for his ears only. The secrecy of this mission must be maintained. And we cannot delay for a response. Prince Cavellon waves to the party to follow and starts moving onward, not waiting for the elves.

Jozeen, you heard the man. Be fleet of foot The lead elf motions for the rest to stand and falls in line behind Prince Cavellon. The one elf, Jozeen apparently, gets up and bows and runs off in to the woods.

User avatar
draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 1040
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:33 pm
Location: UK

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by draconas » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:54 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry meant to post last night, then got swamped by soulmelds

 

Sammuel nodded to Mal and whispered, "it was either that or toast them. Can you keep an eye in the air for us?"

He turned to andreas, "Take point, I'll cover you. He will put himself behind Andreas but infront of the prince. "Andrea keep your eyes to the sea. Doc, Mar, take the inland side."

Directed back to the elven squad, "Try to scream if something sneaks up behind you"

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:19 am

"Aye aye cap'n. Under her breath Well don't this bring back some memories. With that she brings her crossbow to her her hands and readies it.
Last edited by marine7312000 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Beachfront Property

Post by Catalyst » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:34 am

Andraes nods and drops both rapiers from It's wrists and into It's hands.

I will manage.

And proceeds to head where directed.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 1”