Trinity Port

From Ferris to Madragar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Trinity Port

Post by klakxor » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:49 pm

The morning light is drowned out by the dark clouds overhead. The ship rocked uneasily in the waves of the ocean. Captain Fredericks had ordered all stop and anchors down early last night and insisted that you wait until morning before departing towards the shore. The ship was far enough out that the shoreline was not visible, but the captain knew where they were and dared not to take his ship much closer.

Andreas and Malsyv did not need assistance getting to shore, since they each had their own way to get there. Captain Fredericks hands Sammuel a compass, We are due south of the Trinity Port. Just keep going north, and even if you get knocked around by the waves, you should end up at least somewhere near the port.

He looks to the rest of you, Good Luck. The ocean can be very dangerous for a small crew as yourselves, so get to shore as quickly as you can.

There are two small boats loaded with supplies waiting for the group. Each one has oars and a small sail that could be opened up if the wind was friendly enough, although it was not at the moment.

As the group loaded into the boat, the splash of the water against the ship caused a cold mist to spray back at the group. The air was still.

I am allowing time for interaction from the group before I continue......

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Re: Trinity Port

Post by Catalyst » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Andraes looks to the captain Thank you much for the ride. Safe voyages to and your own.

It takes a moment to get It's bearings and steps up on the railing, waiting for the rest of the group to start paddling off.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:12 pm

Sammuel thanked the captain. Andrea, have your firend do some ariel scouting, once we are closer to sure you can do some magical recon for us.

Andrea smiled and rolled her eyes, Concentrating in a rocking boat... I can't wait.

Stow armour until we are ashore. Too much chance of being knocked overboard by a wave. Sammuel will stick his armour in a trunk for the voyage.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:01 pm

The Princess curtseys demurely to the Captain, We thank you for your hospitality and continuing devotion to duty in these troubled times. Our best wishes on your own journeys...

Then she cackles, drops the diguise, and scurries down the rope ladder to one of the smaller boats, shouting, See ya' Weasel! Keep your feet dry!

Samara does not remove her armor, as the supple leather poses no obstacle to swimming, although she looks at the water and waves with sceptism.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:46 pm

Armite was a bit disgusted with Samara's act towards the captain as he makes his way to the boat. He refuses to take off his armor especially if they get attack on shore. It was too much of a hassle to put the armor even though it is mithril.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:23 pm

Captain, thank you for your hospitality, and may your skies always be clear.

Being a non-swimmer, Mar also looks nervously at the water, but makes her way down to one of the boats.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:00 pm

Mal, nodding to the captain, begins speaking to Andrea, I will watch over the birds, and scout a bit myself.

With that he finds a suitably empty spot on the boat and takes off from a standing position, rearing up on his hind legs first.

Mal will scout with Thrae, and Andrea's hawk.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:04 am

As Andraes becomes sure the group will be travelling fine, It gives a final wave to the crew and steps off the railing, landing in the water with a splash.
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:43 am

Doc grumbles Another damn boat. I'll be happy to be back on solid land. as she climbs down to the waiting landing craft.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:22 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I haven't forgotten you guys. I have something ev...I mean special planned for you. :evil:

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:50 pm

The trip to shore is quiet, the tide pushing you along quite nicely. Mal and the birds do not notice anything unusual.

As you row the small boat into the harbor, you see the destruction that is evident from the armies the Brothers had put together. Trinity Port, a once thriving community of trade for the kingdom, is now ruins. There are no more tall buildings lining the skyline. You see semblances of half walls where buildings once stood. The harbor itself has planks from docks floating in the water. Most of the docks you see are torn apart and damaged. There is one dock that looks as if it can support weight still.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:31 pm

Samara says, Let's head for the dock that's still intact... You know, it looks vaguely familiar. If it's the same one I remember, watch out for ogre corpses... She chuckles.

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:36 pm

This is another good reason to build with stone. It stands up better than flimsy wood. Glancing at the ruined buildings, Well, most of the time at least.

Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:07 am

I don't think the building supplies were the problem here.
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:58 am

Yeah, not even stone could handle an attack by an army of whatever. Let's quickly dock before there will be nothing left to save.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:45 pm

We're not here to save anything. We dock, unload, hide the boats as best we can in the debies

Andrea didn't like the sound of that, but what about any survivors there?

Sammuel had none of it, are not our problem. This is enemy territory, we want to be away from here and somewhere hidden as quickly as possible leaving the least amount of evidence of our arrival.
Last edited by draconas on Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:01 pm

Samara nods her agreement with Sammuel, Your boss is right, Andrea. Anyone who's still alive here must have gotten pretty good at hiding themselves to survive this long. They probably don't need our help. If anything, we could probably use their help.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:40 pm

Armite did not like what Sammuel said earlier. Typical human thinking. You sacrifice everyone else but yourselves. That thinking was why no one would help them. It doesn't surprise me that the fake princess thinks the same way.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:18 pm

Samara flashes Armite a winning smile, It's called pragmatism, my Celestial friend. I don't imagine the human race would have lived long without it. She then shifts briefly into her princess disguise to add, Indeed, sometimes we in power must make difficult decisions for the greater good. It is unfortunate that too often these decisions involve the sacrifices of good or innocent folk. It saddens us that in this instance, we must neglect the plight of our humble subjects so that our mission might one day ensure a better future for them and their children.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:53 pm

As you banter and make your way to the dock, the water almost seems to move you towards where you want to go. As you make it to dock, Andreas the metal man surfaces nearby.

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:29 pm

I'm pretty sure we're nae gonna find anything useful around here so I suggest we get on our way. Doc will carry her crossbow loaded until they reach the outskirts of town.
Last edited by marine7312000 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:53 pm

Samara climbs carefully out of the boat onto the dock, happy to be on dry land, and begins looking around cautiously, Keep your eyes open, everyone.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Spot and Listen +2

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:41 pm

Andraes shakes the water free of it's body and begins to make it's way toward the party.

The bottom is quite interesting... provided the ships haven't been completely pilfered, there's more than likely a fortune to be found there. Then again, I did see two rather large shadows moving through the water, though I could not see what creatures they were. Perhaps getting out of the water might be a prudent plan.
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:44 am

Samara's eyes glitter and her tail starts to twitch like a cat's, A fortune? she looks around at everyone, Don't you think it would be wise to have Andraes go back down for a closer look? I mean there could be something down there that would be useful in helping us complete our mission...

What do you say, Andraes? A quick trip back down to pick up something shiney for your princess? she bats her eyelids at the construct.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Of course, I expect the answer to both questions to be a resounding NO, but Samara can't help herself

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:22 am

I say we need to get moving. I still don't like the looks of this town.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:25 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Just to give everyone an idea of where Andraes is in comparison to the group and what the scene looks like. If you would like a closer look at the area that you are at (i.e. zoom in to more easily read grid numbers) let me know. Mal is still in th air as far as I know, let me know where he plans on landing.

SpoilerShow
And yes, this is a battle map. Wonder what that could mean........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:17 am

To the princess: I do not think it would be mission critical to venture back down there. Besides, I dislike seaweed lodged in my joints.

Andraes wanders up onto the dock from the beach to square 1420 and deploys both wrist-mounted rapiers.

This place is not friendly, it would be best to keep ourselves armed and at the ready at all times.
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:21 am

Actually...... (sorry about this Catalyst)

Sammuel jumps from the boat, running across the dock. As he gets to the edge, a blast of cold shoots across the water from him directly at Andraes. (63 damage, you failed your reflex save)
SpoilerShow
Damage totals
Andraes 63

Initiative
Sammuel Mohegdon
Doc Cleveland
Andraes Grey
Andrea Lefar
Armite Goodwind
Malsvirirlym Tor
Marsaili
Samara Zires
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:42 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Samara had attempted to climb up onto the dock before this happened (see previous posts). Did she make it up there before Sammuel? Action will depend on whether she's up there already. Also, does Sammuel have a weapon in hand?

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:48 am

patransom wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Samara had attempted to climb up onto the dock before this happened (see previous posts). Did she make it up there before Sammuel? Action will depend on whether she's up there already. Also, does Sammuel have a weapon in hand?

Sammuel had that action set as soon as the ship hit the dock and he won the initiative (surprisingly). Drac, it was not stated whether Sammuel was wielding his weapon or not.

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 1”