Taking the Fight Home

Aros' Army
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:39 am

In the deserts on Aristar is a large group of tents. These tents house the Army of Aros. They are the forces that are pushing back the armies of the brothers in hopes of stopping the coming of Pyraxus.

Their leader is an old armand by the name of Aros. He used to run a caravan throughout Madragar and has traveled all the lands. After the Armies of the Brothers started invading, Aros used his network of contacts to find a home in Aristar that they could hide in until things blew over.

Learning of the coming of Pyraxus, Aros started recruiting his army. Now a strong force, they are awaiting word from the island of Ferris for a joint effort to weaken the enemy’s armies.

In the meantime, he has collected a small band of his fighters to go into Northern Solace to recover what he believes to be a valuable artifact that could be key to stopping Pyraxus. There are rumors about who could possibly be in this group running through the camp, but nothing has been confirmed, yet.....

In his tent you await your orders. There is a group of six of you. Some of you have seen each other or even worked together but this is the first time the six of you are together as one. Aros is not in the tent, as all of you know he likes to make those he is about to send out get to know each other before he makes his presence known.

OOC: I figured I would give you all a chance to introduce your characters to each other.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Standing apart (as much as such a small space allows) is an exceptionally tall (relatively speaking), and distrubingly thin gnome. Nearly 4'2" and 42lbs his slender body is almost sickly looking. He has dark circles around his eyes and appears to not have slept in weeks. Long black hair, pulled back, lines a gaunt face and large dark grey eyes. Something appears to be troubling him; his frown increases to a scowl as he scans the room. "If we're needin' to be stealing somethin', why so many? Big and noisy. *SIGH* brilliant, bloody brilliant", Ween mutters to himself.
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9

Post by CGM3 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:48 pm

Ethan Goode stands by himself near one "wall" of the tent, regarding his companions with unabashed interest (especially those who are not human). He is a human male about 30 years old, standing six feet tall, with a fair complection, green eyes, light brown hair cut short, and a lugubrious face; he reminds some people of a friendly, oversized puppy. He wears a peculiar garment of an unfamiliar khaki cloth that seems combine trousers and tunic into one piece with what looks like a metal seam running from crotch to throat, with a pack slung over one shoulder; he carries a dagger and a light mace on his belt.

When he speaks, it is with a distinct and unfamiliar accent, as well as a cheery manner.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:27 pm

Standing directly in the middle (as much as possible) stands a dwarf(Jaamus) with long red hair and a long red beard braided down both sides. Standing 4'4" he makes up for his lack of height with a fierce aura and a stern look. In a holster at his side is a gleaming war axe and strapped to his back is a well sharpened bastard sword. He acknowledges everyone with a nod of his head and a grunt, seemingly intent on getting on with the mission.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:57 pm

in a corner stand what you think is a man. we are completely covered from head too Toe no eye slots seem to be visible. it is a silver color skin. While watching then the part on his head Melts away and it looks like a Dragon like head. Purple in color standing about 6 feet in height and gold eyes.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:50 pm

OOC: Sorry for any delay here. I have 2 players that will not be joining us, so I would like to try and fill their spots. If any of you know someone interested, let me know or have them pm me.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:58 pm

Kaht grinned in a disturbing manner. Completely unaware that he looked like some sort of infant with an ice cream, his darting eyes looked all around the tent at the others in here. They never focussed for long, only really long enough for him to realise just how many people were here. There were more people in this tent now with him, than he had ever been in close proximity to in his entire life. He failed to suppress a giggle, then quickly slapped his hand over his slackjawed mouth as if he had said something rude.

He had briefly introduced himself as 'Summoner Kaht' upon entering the tent, but hadn't really heard any of the others if they did likewise. A metallic symbol hangs from his neck, showing everyone that he was a worshipper of Wee Jas, Mistress of the Dead, but if he held any duty to that title, it was lost behind his excited eyes and the nervous tic that spread across the left side of his face.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

Sunbolt
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Sunbolt » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:31 am

Bolt entered the tent last, of those of us now in the tent. You all recognize him at once. He is, after all, one of the few wealthy men who has been financing this war. As a Xeph, he's not particularly imposing - standing unarmed and only 5'5" at 100 lbs. His stance is casual, and his sapphire eyes scan the room, easily taking everything in. With his tan skin and black hair in perfect contrast he strides towards Ethan. "Goode, you're here. I guess that means the shield has finally taken an interest in keeping the Brothers from taking over this half of the world." He extends a warm hand to the human.

CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9

Post by CGM3 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:51 pm

Ethan grasps Bolt's outstretched hand in his and shakes it firmly. "I'm sorry I'm the only one the Shield could spare for now," he tells the Xeph, "but I'll do whatever I can to help avert Pyraxus' rise." Glancing at the others in the tent, he adds, "We certainly seem to have a varied set of teammates."
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:35 am

Kaht stood up from his spot in the corner. He didn't even try to hide his glee at being even remotely included. Grinning in a childish way, he cleared his throat and recited the speach that he had been practising over in his head.

Greetings! He exclaimed. My name is Kaht, I am a summoner and a mostly former priest of Wee Jas! I look forward to working with such esteemed notables such as yourselves!

He wiped a bead of sweat from his brow and took a deep breath.

Erm... Why are we here?

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:30 am

A few moments after Kaht walks in, a tall, dark-haired man enters carrying a fine looking spear and with a strange glint in his eyes. He wears plain travellars clothes with a black, heavy, collared cloak.

"Sorry I'm late."
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:15 am

"Ahem!" The sound startles you, coming from the front of the tent, where Aros is standing. No one noticed him enter or how he got to where he is. Aros is a short and well muscled armand. The exterior plating of his skin bears many scars, almost seeming to make him look more dangerous. Those that have met him before know that he is friendly most of the time, but the look in his eyes today is all business.

"I suppose you know why you are here. I have selected this ragtag group to head in to Northern Solace. The short of it, there is a temple to Bahamut near the ruins of what used to be Reef's Edge. Supposedly, they held an item of power there that may be able to stop Pyraxus if the Brothers are successful in bringing him back." Aros stops and looks at each of you.

"I don't know what the item is, nor what it does. My goal is just to recover it. It was hidden in the catacombs under the temple. I can only hope that none of the Brother's forces have found it yet." You all hear a ruckus arising outside of the tent, but Aros does not seem to notice or care about it. "The warband leaves this afternoon to face the enemy along the Glendell Pass over the Northern Ironroot Mountains south of here. I want you to head north to the Arist Pass to cross over to Northern Solace."

Aros simply stops talking at this point and looks at you, waiting for responses.

OOC: It is currently the cold season in the north. Most of Aristar is a desert and is warm, however the northern reaches, where the pass you are heading to will be snow and ice covered. The warband is currently along the Aristar side of the Northern Ironroot Mountains about mid-country.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:01 am

From the shadows, a gnome with sunken feature and dark circles under his eyes speaks in a gravelly voice, "Sounds cold, exposed and dangerous to me... Is there any chance of going under the mountains instead of over them?" He pulls his hood to cover more of his face as eyes turn to him. "The less attention the better, besides it's not like this group is sneaking past anyone undetected."
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:06 pm

"Short, simple, to the point. Sounds good to me. You wouldn't happen to have a map handy, would you?"

Kain leans on his spear and waits for a response.
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9

Post by CGM3 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:36 pm

"Sounds like we'll need cold weather gear," Ethan opines, tugging thoughtfully at his lower lip. "And some idea of the layout of the old temple and its catacombs would be nice, if possible. Any chance a native guide is available to help us out?"

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:53 pm

Kaht simply nodded along calmly to everyone else's suggestions and comments. He didn't really care how they got there, just as long as there was a chance for some small amount of vengeance. He didn't ask any questions or raise any opinions, but instead he looked curiously outside, through whatever opening was left in the tent, to see if he could find any sign of the noise that was being made.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:52 pm

At the name of Bahamut Domincks head perks up

"We will go there and Bask in Bahamut glory and retrive this iteam from the Dragon God."

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:28 pm

Aros looks at you all in what almost seems bemusement.

"Yes, I know it will be cold. You can try going through the old dwarven mines instead of the pass if you want, but the dangers will far outnumber you there. As far as a map goes, you can get an old map of Northern Solace but who knows what may have become of anything that is actually there."

He thinks a moment. "We should be able to suit you all with cold weather gear, to at least break the chill. Unfortunately, the closest we have to a Northern Solace survivor is Dominick and he does not know much about the lay of the lands. And the temple is near Reef's Ridge. I travelled to the temple once or twice in my youth, but never inside or down into the catacombs. I am afraid we do not have anything to help you inside there."

He walks down to Ethan and hands him a small white sphere. "If you return from Northern Solace, this will help you find the warcamp. But I must leave now and help prepare for our upcoming battle. Fare the well and good luck."

You see Aros move faster then any armand should and before you can say a word he is out of the tent.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:41 pm

Kain nods, "I hate the cold. So who is up for going which way? Freeze to death going over or slaughtered going under...?"
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:04 pm

"hrmmph, dangers outnumbering us underground that we've been warned of... or freezing to death, snow slowing us down, inclement weather exasperbating existing problems and who knows what else, this is getting better by the minute...", Ween's voice trails off as he realizes that he was mumbling louder than he'd initially thought and pulls his cloak tighter in perperation for the journey.

CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9

Post by CGM3 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:15 pm

"Presumably, neither Reef's Ridge nor Reef's Edge has moved from where they were before, and the temple is still near one or the other," Ethan muses. "A map of Northern Solace will at least get us to our proper starting point, though I suspect it will mean traveling above ground in the cold and snow." He gives Kain an apologetic smile, then while examining the small white sphere asks absently, "Anyone here know the ways of trailblazing and pathfinding? I'm afraid my talents lie in other areas."

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Jaamus stirs impatiently, obviously wanting to say something but holds his tongue on that thought. He does get out a grunt of agreement with the gnome and when he does, a look of surprise overtakes him.

"Aye, going under the mountain may serve our cause the best here lads."
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:29 pm

"I am not a tracker sorry. I would like every Am when we wake to give you all a gift that will let us Deal with this Cold Weather as if it was a lot warmer. I think the spell is called Endure Elements it will also if thing need to go to the way of Combat my Breath Weapon will not affect you in anyway. I also carry with me a Magic Item that will let us stay warm at night and in shelter."

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:32 am

Meph scratched his head. I'll be able to protect some of us from the cold, but I don't think I can help everyone... At least if we go underground, then we can all participate rather than relying on a few spells...

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:36 am

Kain nods to Meph, "I agree with you. If I'm going to risk my life, I'd rather it be against something I can kill and not the weather."
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:52 am

"the ablity i have to help protect us from the weather i can use as many times a day as i wish and it last 24 hours."

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:17 am

"If going under the mountains turns out to be a bad idea, then on our way back we head over them. If going under is a terrible idea then we turn around and go over them..." Ween starts preparing his small pack, glanging up watching the reactions of this new company, and making note of the things he may need to find before leaving or pick up on the way.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:29 am

"then it looks like we go under but still Let me give you the ablity to not fear my breath weapon every day when we start our day. "

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:46 pm

Kaht briefly wondered what sort of humanoid might have a weapon like that of a Dragon. He eventually decided not to ask for an explanation. If Dominick wanted to give one, then he would in his own time.

So I think it's settled that we're going under. Right? Kaht scratched his head again. Does anyone have anything for dandruff?

CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9

Post by CGM3 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:51 pm

"But does anyone know the way through the tunnels to Reef's Whatever," Ethan asks. "The map of North Solace will let us get there aboveground; what sort of guide do we have for subterranean travel?"

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 2”