Taking the Fight Home

Aros' Army
User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by LinusMundane » Mon May 05, 2008 5:34 pm

The left is the kitchen, the right is the dining hall. I do not know which way Ween went, we should go the way he did though.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Mon May 05, 2008 9:51 pm

RIght in the spot were ween is Lets go this way. Dominick will point to the left and start walking that way

User avatar
MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Tue May 13, 2008 1:23 pm

MonkeyAlpha wrote:From the darkness The wind calls us this way, lets keep moving... he hesistates, then continues does the sign say anything important? His voice has a calm, cool, almost tranquil tone as if Ween is much more at ease separated from the party, smoothly gliding along unseen, in silent dark underground tunnels.
Ween's voice is coming from the right...
Image
Image
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Tue May 13, 2008 2:17 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Moving on and assuming everyone is playing following the leader

 

Ween continues to move off in the dark, obscured to Jaamus' sight and staying just at the edge of Dominicks blindsense. You follow the cave off to the right. As the rest of the group finds the T, they too see the sign. Those who read dwarven can see that to the right lies the dining area and to the left is the kitchen area. Following along to the right behind the lead of Ween, a cold wind blows through the tunnel, coming from up ahead.


For Ween
SpoilerShow
Ween enters an extremely large chamber that opens up and out past his line of vision. The wind in here is fast and cold, almost as if a winter storm had opened up inside the caves.
Everyone hears a loud shrieking echoing through the hallways.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Tue May 13, 2008 4:06 pm

Domnick will follow ween

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Sat May 17, 2008 9:30 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
whats going on. anyone moveing here :D

 


Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Sun May 18, 2008 11:39 am

Kain will continue to follow along the path with the rest of the part.

THINKING: Crawling about through caves and has never been my idea of a good time, but at least it's not windy or snowing down here.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by LinusMundane » Mon May 19, 2008 9:05 am

Jaamus will head the ssame way that Ween went.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Benji » Mon May 19, 2008 9:09 am

Kaht will follow the rest of the party along.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:37 am

Ethan continues to follow after Kaht, scanning the walls and ceiling and floor for possible anomalies.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Mon May 19, 2008 1:32 pm

Ween, very slowly, moves just to the right of the entrance to the large cavern (+12 Move Silently, +14 Hide). And attempts (+14 Listen) to pinpoint the location of the shrieking, at least if if is coming from inside this cavern. Also looking for anything out of the ordinary (+14 Spot). He continues listening and looking until the next two in the group arrive.
Image
Image
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Mon May 19, 2008 3:18 pm

IM still around but i think stelth is better with that Domnick will go insivable

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Wed May 28, 2008 11:26 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I am moving forward so everyone is in the cave.

 

The cave is immense, so much so that even with the torch you cannot see fully across to the other side. The air is cold and filled with dust and grit. Scattered around what you can see is a lot of broken tables and benches. This appears to at one time been a giant hall for feasts. Now it looks only like the end of a really bad party.

The wind is strong and whips at you a cold rush of air. Ethan, Kain and Ween can all hear shuffling coming from south of where you are by the doorway.

On the outskirts of the light, approximately 120 feet south, several small figures are gathered around a larger figure. You cannot make out exactly what the creatures are however.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Wed May 28, 2008 12:17 pm

move silently along a wall too the creatures

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Benji » Wed May 28, 2008 1:31 pm

Kaht's eyes narrow at the creatures. He steps back a step away from them and looks to somebody else to make the first move, keeping his hands free and ready.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Readying an action to cast a spell if the newcomers attack

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:34 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I didnt forget you guys, just have a little patience and I will be with you as soon as I can

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:56 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Anyone other then Dominick and Kaht going to do anything?

 


Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Kain readies himself if things turn hostile.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:05 am

Esias approaches the group of creatures cautiously, staying away from the wall (and Dominick) and watching them intently. His mind blade is active and currently in "default" mode (short sword form, with +1d4 psychokinetic damage bonus and a +1d8 psychic strike primed.)
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:18 pm

As the others move into the room, Ween advances toward the group as quietly as possible (Move Silently +12), stopping when he can see them. Using whatever cover is available to hide (Hide +14 ) in case his Ring of Darkhidden (invisible to darkvision ONLY) is insufficient.
Image
Image
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Benji » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:30 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm gonna be away until sometime next week. If any actions are needed from me then DM can do them in my stead or I'll just do nothing.

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:22 am

Ethan (since Esias is stuck somewhere in the future on another world) starts to move towards the creatures while Kaht and Kain both prepare for any trouble. Jaamus seems confounded by the disaster that has befallen his brethren and does not move at all. Dominick and Ween both move along the wall towards the south to get a good look at what it is that they are about to encounter.

The creatures come from the darkness into the light shambling towards the group.

There are 6 dwarves, but their hollow eyes, pale skin, and shambling steps makes it obvious that they are no longer what they were. They continue to move towards the group by the doorway.

The large creature stays hidden in the shadowy darkness
SpoilerShow
For those of you close enough to see it with Darkvision, the creature resembles a minotaur but it too has the hollow looking eyes.


W= Ween
E= Ethan
K1= Kain
K2 = Kaht
D= Dominick
J=Jaamus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Benji » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:33 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Knowledge: Arcana +7 or Knowledge: Religion +10 to see if I know what has happened to the dwarves that Kaht can see.

 

Kaht keeps a cautious distance from the creatures, sensing that something isn't quite right. Keeping his hands free and ready, he raises his voice to the oncoming dwarves.

W-what has happened to you?
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:40 pm

domnick will move to flanking the creatues with the rest of the party.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:42 pm

rednetra wrote:domnick will move to flanking the creatues with the rest of the party.
Please provide numbered square that you plan to move too

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Ethan moves to 0215 (he has a 40-foot movement) and stands ready watching the dwarves. If attacked, he will use his reserved standard action to strike back. (And if they're zombies, the psychic strike primed in his mind blade won't affect them.)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Here's Ethan's character file configured for TOS+ v1.431

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:58 pm

0917 is were i move too

User avatar
MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:55 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Is 0019 a corner of the cavern?

Assuming that it is not a corner...

 

Ween continues to move as quietly as possible to 0019 and waits to see what the dwarfs do.
Image
Image
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:14 am

MonkeyAlpha wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Is 0019 a corner of the cavern?

Assuming that it is not a corner...

 

Ween continues to move as quietly as possible to 0019 and waits to see what the dwarfs do.
No, it is not the corner of the cave

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:58 pm

Ween quickly moves out of the light without making a sound, it does not appear that the creatures noticed him.

Kain seems unsure what to these creatures are and what they want, so he keeps his gaurd waiting for them to do something

Dominick (who is invisible) moves around the creatures into the darkness near the large creature.

The sickened looking dwarves continue to shamble forward at the group at a very slow pace while the large creature behind them continues not to move.

Kaht calls out What has happened to you?, but almost immediately he realizes what is standing in front of them.
SpoilerShow
Zombies, but these look different then ones you have seen or heard of before. Their movements seem co-ordinated and the large one should be moving with them, not just standing and watching
Jaamus still seems unable to come to terms with his ancestors home being in such disrepair.

Ethan quickly moves past the creatures, taking with him the torch. This brings Ween back in to the light but leaves Kaht just on its outskirts. As he moves down the room, the large creature that was previously in shadows becomes apparent. The Minotaur standing there looks towards Ethan with the same hollow eyes that the dwarves have.


**Forgot the map. Sorry guys**
***Updated Map to Correct size for ZM***
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 2”