Taking the Fight Home

Aros' Army
User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Benji » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Kaht pipes up I think we all guessed it, but we're dealing with Zombies here... Something's odd though, it's almost as if they have some kind of purpose...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Kaht continues to hold his readied action. Once one of the zombies attacks, he will cast a Rapid Summon Monster II (using Divine Metamagic feat) to bring in 1d3 Celestial Badgers

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:00 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Forgot to attach the Map. It is there now.

 


User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:57 pm

once antything attacks domnick will let out a cone of Fire from his breath weapons and since i used my one envocation on each player before we started they are all immune to my weapon.
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Ethan decides that fighting the undead means doing more damage has the edge over accuracy, so he takes a 5-foot step to 0116 and uses a full action to re-shape his mind blade into its longsword configuration.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Kain will manifest Telekinetic Thrust on Zombies 3 and 4 He will expend an additional 4 PP to boost the max weight of the thrust to 350lbs, for a total of 9 PP. They will be launched up 80 ft, pushed back 25, having them arc, and land on ZM.

Ranged attack rolls are required to hit ZM with the dwarves. BAB + INT = 5+6= +11

And for giggles, He'll declare his dodge on Zombie 2.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Catalyst wrote:Ranged attack rolls are required to hit ZM with the dwarves. BAB + INT = 5+6= +11
OUT OF CHARACTER
Ah, but does Kain have the Wield Zombie Dwarf proficiency? :mrgreen:

 

Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:24 pm

After seeing that someone attacked Domnick will let the breath weapon fly
Image

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:03 pm

CGM3 wrote:
Catalyst wrote:Ranged attack rolls are required to hit ZM with the dwarves. BAB + INT = 5+6= +11
OUT OF CHARACTER
Ah, but does Kain have the Wield Zombie Dwarf proficiency? :mrgreen:

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Yup, plus weapon focus and specialization!

 

Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:32 am

Ween makes a double move to 0619 continuing to Move Silently and Hide...

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:50 am

Kaht calls out the warning that these are zombies, but different.

Ween slowly creeps along completely un-noticed by the zombies.
Kain manifests his powers attempting to throw zombies 3 and 4. Number 4 goes flying through the air slamming into the large Minotaur behind him.
Dominick calculates his breath weapon and lets loose a cone of fire that catches zombies 1, 2 and the Minotaur.
Kaht starts a rapid summon and 3 Celestial Badgers appear infront of some of the zombies. (B1, B2, and B3)
The badgers attack but only B1 seems to do any damage, clawing and biting Z3.
The zombies in turn attack the badgers back. Z2 and Z6 both miss but Z3 slams a fist down on B1 crushing the life from it.
Z5 and Z1 move towards Kaht and Kain. The Minotaur, with a speed that a zombie should not possess, swings around a Large Greataxe to bear down upon Dominick (20 points of damage after DR)
Ethan steps back and his mind blade reforms.
SpoilerShow
Initiative
Ween
Kain
Dominick
Kaht
Zombies
Jaamus (if Linus decides to return)
Ethan

Damage:
Domick (20)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:00 am

Ethan moves to 0915 (40 ft speed just makes it) and takes a swing at the Zombie Minotaur with his mind blade (+10 to hit, damage is 1d8+2 plus 1d4 psychokinetic; AC is 22, and if this zombie can do an attack of opportunity, it gets one).
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:00 pm

Kain manifests telekinetic thrust again, this time targeting Z5. Direction: Straight up.
OUT OF CHARACTER
5pp spent.

 

Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Benji » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Kaht shrieks a little as one of his badgers is pounded to a puddle. Backing off slightly, he mutters the words to a spell and lets it fly at one of the zombies coming at him.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Moving back five feet to 0204, then casting Magic Missile at Z1

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Domnick will go invisable and then move away from the Menitor a fast as he can
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Ween seems stunned by the Minotaurs action against Dominick

Kain again manifests his powers attempting to throw zombie 5. It resists the pull of his powers (Dice don't like the use of this power I guess, rolled 20 for the save again).

Dominick turns invisible and moves away from the Minotaur.

Kaht casts and a 5 bolts of force fly from his fingertips into the side of Z1. The zombie collapses on to the ground and stops moving

The badgers attack but again only B1 seems to do any damage, clawing and biting Z3.
The zombies in turn attack the badgers back. All 3 zombies fail to connect with the lithe little badgers.

Z5 continues to move towards Kain, advancing right up to him.

The Minotaur starts to move, following the direction that the invisible Dominick went. It stops and reaches out with a swing of his greataxe, just barely missing the top of Ween's head.

Ethan charges to 0516 (seemed to make more sense considering that the zombie moved) and attacks with his mindblade also just missing the creature.
SpoilerShow
Initiative
Ween
Kain
Dominick
Kaht
Zombies
Jaamus (if Linus decides to return)
Ethan

Damage:
Domick (20)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Benji » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:20 pm

Go badger's go! Slash 'em and Mash 'em! Kaht cries out, hopping with insane glee. He then murmurs a few words and casts a spell. Finishing with some movement.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Casting Shield of Faith on Kain and then moving to 0010

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:53 pm

Domnick will take to the air and straif with a Acid Breath on Z2 Z3 and Z6 since it is a Cone affect
Image

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:27 pm

Kain takes a stab at Z5 with his spear.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:49 am

Ethan slashes at the BHZM (Big Honkin' Zombie Minotaur) in a full attack action with his mind blade (+10/+5 to hit, 1d8+2 slashing damage [Crit 19-20 x2] plus 1d4 psychokinetic damage, AC 22) while shouting, "Where's Milla Jovovich when we really need her?"
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:57 pm

I decided to NPC Jaamus and Ween until I have replacements and/or someone to take them over

Ween takes a five foot step and attacks the Zombie Minotaur, Slashing at it multiple times with his dagger.

Kain stabs the zombie in front of him with his spear.

Domick flies into the air (although he is invisible so you cannot see him do it). He becomes visible and you see a cone of acid melt Z6 and damage Z2 and Z3. Unfortunately, the badgers are also caught in the cone and are destroyed.

Kaht starts to encourage his badgers as Dominick lets loose his blast and casts his spell as he moves into the light some more.

Zombie 5 attempts to slam Kain but his swing goes wide.

Zombie 2 and 3 change direction and start moving right up to Kaht.

The Minotaur Zombie Swings his greataxe down into Ethan, slicing him severely (17 Damage).

Jaamus seems to wake up from his daze and charges Z3, slashing it down before it can attack Kaht.

Ethan starts shouting what seems like nonsense as his blade slashes through the minotaur twice more.

SpoilerShow
Initiative
Ween
Kain
Dominick
Kaht
Zombies
Jaamus (if Linus decides to return)
Ethan

Damage:
Domick (20)
Ethan (17)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Benji » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Kaht shrieks at the loss of his beloved badgers. In retribution, he hops backwards, shrieks something unintelligible and lets loose a volley of energy at the zombie in front of him.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Five foot step away from the Zombie, then Magic Missile at it

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:17 am

Ethan lets loose with a sizzling string of heartfelt epithets that essentially translates as "Gosh, that really hurt!" (but with more spice :mrgreen: ), takes a five-foot step to 0615 (which may give him and Ween a flanking bonus, depending on the nice, friendly, admirable GM's interpretation :roll: ) and flails away at the BHZM with his mind blade once again.
OUT OF CHARACTER
+10/+5 to hit (or +12/+7 if flanking the zombie), 1d8+2 slashing damage plus 1d4 psychokinetic damage, AC 22

 

Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:05 am

Kain takes another stab at the zombie in front of him.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:47 pm

Dominick will use lighning BReath on the Zombie Minitor.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:29 am

**Bonus Validation**

Ween continues to attack BHZM, assualting it heavily with multiple dagger cuts.

Kain Stabs the zombie in front of him again

Dominick breathes out a bolt of lightning, but the minotaur is able to move his axe into the way and absorbs a good portion of the blast.

Kaht shrieks from his badgers destruction and moves away from the Zombie that approached him. He lets loose a couple of magic missiles which strike the zombie hard.

Z5 tries to hit Kain but misses again, as does Z2 as it moves to attack Jaamus

The Zombie Minotaur apparently does not like Ethans tone of voice, as it bears down with its axe on him, inflicting more damage. (15 Damage)

Jaamus finishes off the zombie in front of him with a mighty swing of his Bastard Sword

Ethan slashes at the BHZM. His first hit is a spectacular display as the energy blade slices deeply across its massive chest. Unfortunately, he seems amazed at the damage by the first swing causing his second swing to miss completely (Max Crit on the first swing, followed by a 2 on the second swing)
SpoilerShow
Initiative
Ween (NPC)
Kain
Dominick
Kaht
Zombies
Jaamus (NPC)
Ethan

Damage:
Domick (20)
Ethan (32)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:52 am

HOls still you spawn of a Lich.DOmick will agian let loose a Cone of fire this time.
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Benji » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:13 pm

Grrrr... Kaht snarls, drool falling from his mouth. He barks something randomly then points his hand at the BHMZ, releasing several balls of energy.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Magic Missile again this time at the BHMZ

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:19 pm

Surprised to discover that this undead is vulnerable to critical hits, Ethan will stay put if Ween moves to 0618, otherwise he'll move to 0715; in either case, the two characters will be flanking the BHZM, and Ethan will full attack once again, shouting, "Theseus always said you were a push-over!"
OUT OF CHARACTER
+12/+7 to hit (flanking the zombie), 1d8+2 slashing damage plus 1d4 psychokinetic damage, AC 22

 

Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:26 am

Kain again takes another stab at the zombie in front of him.

Die, again.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:41 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
My bad on the slow encounter, and you guys will probably hate me for this but.......

 

Ween starts a full set of slashing against the Zombie Minotaur, getting 2 nice slashes in with his first dagger, but then losing his grasp on the second dagger and having it fly across the floor. This damage is still enough to bring the Minotaur down to the ground with a thud.

Kain then begins to stab at the zombie in front of him, piercing it yet again but not being able to stop it.

With the Minotaur Zombie no longer a threat, Dominick changes his attack towards the remaining zombie with Kain. The cone of fire catches the zombie full force, practically disintegrating it into ashes.


Looking at the dead bodies of the zombies shows very little in the way equipment. The only thing of any value is the large greataxe carried by the Minotaur Zombie.

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 2”