Taking the Fight Home

Aros' Army
Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Benji » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:29 pm

I can summon a celestial earthworm, perhaps? Kaht said. Completely seriously.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:12 am

MY Bad, it is Reef's Edge

The group continues to discuss their options as the noise and commotion continues outside the tent. If anyone actually checks, it appears there is a frantic move to break down the camp for travel.

Soon enough, someone comes in and asks if you can leave the tent so they can break it down. If anyone is going for supplies, or looking for Aros or one of his deputies, now would be the time.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:04 am

Ween will slip quietly out of the tent.

If time permits he attempts to find maps of the Dwarven mines that cut under the mountain, or at least where such maps (if they exist) could be procured.
Perhaps starting with Jaamus?

Gather Information +5
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'd prefer not to have to spend the standard amount of time and delay the party, but if Ween feels that it will be a fairly time consuming endeavor, he would notify someone of the reason for his absence.

Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:22 pm

It seems we are going under the Mountin. this is not the wise answer but so be it. here" Dominick will touch each person and use his invocation.

CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by CGM3 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:40 pm

Ethan will try to locate a supply of sunrods, rope, and climbing kits, as well as cold weather gear (it'll be cold when the group gets to Reef's Edge, even if they go through the dawrf tunnels.) He'll also try to find out who in the party will need rations (he doesn't) and see about getting enough for the estimated trip.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:02 pm

"I will not need Food or water as i have things to help me with that."

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:12 pm

Kain will locate cold weather gear and a climber's kit.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:16 pm

Kaht wasn't quite sure what a trek of this size would require. His longest journey so far had been with a comfortable rest stop at the end of every day. So, looking around at everyone else, he decided to just look for some cold weather gear and leave it at that, trusting in his spells to keep him safe.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:19 pm

Jaamus will go and buy enough rations and water for the trip, anxious to get this over with.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:24 pm

Supplies such as Cold Weather Gear, rations and sunrods are easily enough available to those who need them and can carry them. Ween, although searching can only find a handful of dwarves that are from the northern mountains.

Most of them tell ween that the pass would be safer for them but to find the dwarven mines they need to enter the start of the pass and head into a crag on the righthand side about 2 hours travel into the pass.

Unfortunately, most of the dwarves from the northern mines only did mining and did not know the routes through the mountains, or even out of the mountains. They spent almost all of their time digging and refining the metals they mined.

They let you know that the crag is a secondary entrance that was probably not found. It leads into a stable and storage area for the eastern section of the mines.

CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by CGM3 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:18 am

Ethan will acquire cold weather gear and 3 sunrods.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:59 am

Before I send you guys off to die, I need to nkow what everyone is doing.... other then Ethan that is

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:13 am

klakxor wrote:Supplies such as Cold Weather Gear, rations and sunrods are easily enough available to those who need them and can carry them. Ween, although searching can only find a handful of dwarves that are from the northern mountains.

Most of them tell ween that the pass would be safer for them but to find the dwarven mines they need to enter the start of the pass and head into a crag on the righthand side about 2 hours travel into the pass.

Unfortunately, most of the dwarves from the northern mines only did mining and did not know the routes through the mountains, or even out of the mountains. They spent almost all of their time digging and refining the metals they mined.

They let you know that the crag is a secondary entrance that was probably not found. It leads into a stable and storage area for the eastern section of the mines.
"..." After 'thanking' the Dwarves, Ween returns to the group "well we 'ave to start our way up the pass to reach the entrance to the mines... but we don't know the way through... looks like it'll be a cold one regardless." He sulks and mumbles continuously and picks up some cold weather gear.
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:33 am

Dominki will just get ready as he does not need the cold gear and let someone else take it that needs it.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:41 pm

Jaamus is waiting for the group to be ready, as he is, to go. Once they start to move, he will fall in.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:52 pm

Kaht grabs some cold weather gear and enough rations to last him before sitting down on the ground near everyone else.

CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by CGM3 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:27 pm

OOC: After glancing at the character sheets for the party, I was startled to discover that, going by the equipment listings on the Back sheet, only two of us are wearing clothes! :shock: Two others have armor (or an equivalent), but the remaining three are apparently doing the Full Monty! :oops: (Having a scholar's outfit tucked in your bag of holding doesn't count as 'equipped'. :roll: )

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:30 pm

CGM3 wrote:OOC: After glancing at the character sheets for the party, I was startled to discover that, going by the equipment listings on the Back sheet, only two of us are wearing clothes! :shock: Two others have armor (or an equivalent), but the remaining three are apparently doing the Full Monty! :oops: (Having a scholar's outfit tucked in your bag of holding doesn't count as 'equipped'. :roll: )
These are tough times. Not everyone can afford the luxuries in life. :shock:

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:31 pm

I never said Kain had any shame or self respect, did I?
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:22 pm

OoC: Clothing's for chumps! And rich people! And people with modesty! And people who don't like people seeing their jubblies! And people with self-respect!

...Yeah, Kaht's a weirdo... :?

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:35 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Ween wears a black cloak, a black vest, black gloves and a belt, but nothing on his legs or feet. What's the problem with that?
Really though, I've updated him to reflect the clothing and extra travelling gear he's picked up for the trip.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:14 pm

So, the half naked group watches as the last of Aros' Army finishes packing tents and setting off. What should have taken a full day to do has been done in a matter of hours.

You head north to where you were told the pass would be. The travel is slow and takes nearly 3 full days. As you get farther north and closer to the mountains, the weather starts to get colder, however with the cold weather gear and Dominick's abilities it does not seem to hinder your travels.

It has been a quiet trip, and on the third it starts to snow. Again the weather does not seem to chill you, however as the snow accumulates, you are slowed down. When you finally make it to the start of the pass, snow is piled up to your knees. (which means it is at Ween's waist)

CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by CGM3 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:57 pm

Ethan regards the drifts ahead with a wry expression. "From what I understand, the entrance to the dwarven tunnels is two hours' travel into the pass, though I suspect it may take us longer than that in this circumstance to get there," he opines amiably. "I suppose we'll have to decide whether or not to continue through the pass, or take the subterranean alternative, when we reach that point. By then, we'll at least have an idea about the difficulty of passing through the snow."

The human looks at the gnome. "Ween, why don't you follow after the rest of us; that way, we can break a trail and make it easier for you to get through the drifts."

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Kaht grumbled to himself but nodded to Ethan's words. What he wouldn't give to be back in his rotted out tree trunk again...

Knowing that he probably wouldn't have the strength to barge through the larger snow drifts, Kaht slowed down until he was near the end of their small procession before picking up his speed again.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:41 pm

Ween, mumbles quietly to himself as he allows the others to clear the way, "Gladly... thank you." He keeps an eye and an ear out for anything out of the ordinary as they get farther into the mountain pass.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:01 pm

"I can clear the snow faster if you like but it will melt it and make things a lot wetter then it is"

He give a littel puff of Fire from his mouth the size od a flame

"I can do that but a lot more"

CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by CGM3 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:31 am

Ethan shakes his head at Dominick's suggestion. "Best not, I think," he opines. "Even if the water doesn't freeze into ice before we're past, it'll likely drench us all and make us even more miserable in this cold. Save that trick for an emergency, an avalanche or the like; we'll just have to plod through the snow like ordinary mortals." :D

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:10 am

Jaamus agrees but mumbles under his breath "Some of us are ordinary mortals" He is a little leary of the flames that Dominick produced.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:46 am

"Trudge through snow or trudge through mud... Wonderful."

Kain manifests psionic levitate and raises himself about a foot above the snow.
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:00 pm

Kaht watches Dominick breath fire, quickly followed by Kain levitating above the snow.

"It would seem that 'Ordinary' is no longer the cool thing..." He remarks sourly.

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 2”