Taking the Fight Home

Aros' Army
User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:01 pm

Hearing the dwarf's remark and watching Kain's feat of levitation, Ethan laughs and declares breezily, "Friend Jaamus, I do not think any of us can be dismissed as ordinary!" He then offers Kain a handhold for transportation (levitation being only up-and-down; horizontal movement requires some other motive power, such as being towed by a companion.)
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:10 pm

"Ethan, while I appreciate the offer, I have a few experiments I would like to try, as I have always wondered..."


Kain sits cross-legged and begins to paddle himself along by digging his spear through the snow to the ground and pushing himself along.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Catalyst wrote:Kain sits cross-legged and begins to paddle himself along by digging his spear through the snow to the ground and pushing himself along.
OOC: Ah, the Venetian Gondolier approach; but shouldn't Kain be singing in Italian? O solo mio... :mrgreen:
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:52 pm

Dominick forms Spectral wings and flys above the snow as well.


OOC is it really that cold for the party since i touched them with the power.
Image

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:46 pm

CGM3 wrote:
Catalyst wrote:Kain sits cross-legged and begins to paddle himself along by digging his spear through the snow to the ground and pushing himself along.
OOC: Ah, the Venetian Gondolier approach; but shouldn't Kain be singing in Italian? O solo mio... :mrgreen:
OUT OF CHARACTER
The world's first landbound gondolier :-D

 

Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:50 pm

Again, your travel is slow and cold. You reach an area of the pass where there appears to be a small crag to the right. It was almost missed with the snow coming down so hard.

Most likely you will not make it through the pass easily, as the snow seems to be getting deeper and depper as you move up it. Currently, if Ween were to take the lead he would just barely see over the snow, and visibility is difficult through the falling snow.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I am gonna open a Poll for this validation to have you guys decide which path to take. You can continue discussion in this thread though

 


User avatar
MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:52 pm

"hrmph, dark and dangerous wins out to freezing and dangerous," Ween seems to be mumbling to himself, "looks like a lose-lose situation, if anyone asks me".
Image
Image
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:39 pm

"Better to be in a cave then left out in the elements. Feels like home lads!"
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:49 am

"Look on the bright side: At least we'll be able to walk, and sleep, and do the various bodily functions we do... only now it won't freeze before it hits the ground."
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:58 pm

You make your way into the crag, squeezing at parts that are very thin. Even Jaamus wonders why the dwarves would not have cleared this path out more.

You come upon a large stone door that is closed. From appearance, it is very old and by the looks of the area around it, it has not been opened in a while. The snow here is not quite and you are protected slightly from the chill wind.

User avatar
MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:28 pm

Ween approaches the door, not expecting much, he quickly examines the door for trickery (i.e. locks, traps, illusions, spells, or other such... trickery) Search check (1d20+12=18)

If the door is locked:
SpoilerShow
Ween becomes more cautious, he searches the door very carefully (takes 20, +12 search = 32) before attempting to pick the lockOpen Lock check (1d20+16=29)
Image
Image
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Benji » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:53 pm

Kaht brushes some snow off of his shoes and hugs himself as he waits for the all clear.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:38 pm

Dominick will land on the ground and await entering the cave
Image

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:13 pm

Kain sits, waiting patiently while the sneaky one does his work. While he waits, he takes a ration from his pack and has himself a snack.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Jaamus will take a look at the door as well, trying to note anything out of the ordinary.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:58 am

Ethan will activate his mind blade and keep watch in case something else decides to seek shelter in this nook. (+12 Listen, +12 Spot)
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:49 pm

Dominick will be ready to breath on anything on the other side of the door that is attacking
OUT OF CHARACTER
Since i touched each of you with my one invocation you all take no damage from the breath weapon

 

Image

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:57 pm

Jaamus will ready himself defensively.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:02 am

Kain simply waits to fall in line and get moving.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:52 am

MonkeyAlpha wrote:Ween scowls at the sunrod, and pulls his cloak tighter around him.

Nothing says "HERE WE ARE!" like a torch in a cave.
"Except maybe stumbling in the dark and falling on the ground so whoever's behind you gets to trip and sprawl on top of you, to the accompaniment of clamorous clanging and sulfurous cursing," Ethan observes amiably. "Not to mention the jolly fun of taking that first step into the old bottomless pit you can't see and trying to compose a fitting final prayer before you find out if it does have a bottom."
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:59 pm

Jaamus takes the lead and urges the group to move on into the hallway.

Enough bickering, let's get a move on.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:07 pm

I will go Second as i can see with out a problem in this kind of darkness
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Thu May 01, 2008 10:01 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Marching order, correct me If I am wrong:
Ween
Jaamus
Dominick
Kaht
Ethan
Kain

 

Ween moves ahead out of the light and disappears from sight.

The corridor runs straight for about 100 feet and turns left. The hallways are quiet except for the sound of your movements. The walls seem to have very little markings on them.

Spoiler for Ween
SpoilerShow
Ween comes upon a T after about another 200 feet down the next corridor. There is an old beat up sign on the wall at the T but Ween either cannot make out what it says or does not know that it says anything.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:47 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Catalyst » Thu May 01, 2008 10:48 am

Kain closes his eyes a moment and begins to manifest a power.


Inertial Armor: 1 pp, +8pp for an addition +4 to AC. Total bonus: +8. Duration: 10 hours.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by CGM3 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:31 am

His mind blade still manifested, Ethan will keep watch for danger (+12 Listen, +12 Spot) as he walks behind Kaht.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 471
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Berlin, NJ
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by LinusMundane » Thu May 01, 2008 11:38 am

Jaamus begins down the hall at a moderate pace, listening and searching as he goes.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by Benji » Thu May 01, 2008 12:24 pm

Kaht will keep one hand near his spell components relying on an early warning to allow him some casting time.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by rednetra » Thu May 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Dominck will keep a keen eye out for any problems. as he has darkvision out to 60 feet

Dominick will follow Ween leaveing the party he will wisper too Jammus I am still here i just do not like haveing our comrad so far up with out backup

I am right on ween trail makeing sure to let him go first so not to trip any traps. with my blindsense i can see him even with out my darkvision
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by klakxor » Mon May 05, 2008 4:05 pm

Assuming that the people with light are staying behind enough so that Ween, Jaamus and Dominick are not in the light directly.
SpoilerShow
Jaamus and Dominick move up to the T in the corridor. Although Jaamus cannot see Ween, Dominick senses that he is there. Jaamus looks at the sign in front of him. There is writing on a plaque against the wall that has an arrow poiting right and an arrow pointing left. Dominick cannot read the walls, but Jaamus clearly sees in dwarven the left arrow says Kitchen and the right arrow says Dining Hall

User avatar
MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 417
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Re: Taking the Fight Home

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Mon May 05, 2008 4:12 pm

From the darkness The wind calls us this way, lets keep moving... he hesistates, then continues does the sign say anything important? His voice has a calm, cool, almost tranquil tone as if Ween is much more at ease separated from the party, smoothly gliding along unseen, in silent dark underground tunnels.
Image
Image
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 2”