Into the Caves

Aros' Army
User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Jaamus will walk the perimeter of the room searching for concealed doors/passages.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Search using stonecunning/search without stonecunning (1d20+2=7, 1d20=14)Actually, I'm realizing that if stonecunning does not apply to this search just deduct the +2 resulting in a 5. The second roll is not needed. Either way, I'm thinking neither will find anything. Jaamus would thus be confident that there is nothing here and thus a dead end. He will then allow the others some time for whatever they think they can find. After that, he will be ready to leave.

 

There seems to be no other way out other than the doors below us. I'm ready to return there when you are.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3133
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Into the Caves

Post by CGM3 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:55 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Does the stairwell continue up, or is this truly the end of the stairs?

 

"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:34 pm

Were too now my friends

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:06 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
My thumb drive holding all my character information died on me today. I need to scour through several computers to try to see what I can recover. Will validate posts once I get things together

 


User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:17 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
no hurry take your time. i know how sucky this can be

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:48 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Luckily enough I found my back up of my usb drive from Jan 5, this is starting to move slowly so I am going to fast forward you a bit

 

The stairs do not go any further up then the third area. Going back down to the second floor, Ween checks the 4 doors again. All the doors are still locked and untrapped. Listening very carefully, he is able to determine that there is a windy sound coming from the North door. He easily unlocks the door and moves through into the darkness.

Jaamus can tell that the area they are in is living quarters. Most likely right below these quarters are the mines, which is the area that was blocked off in the lower library. Checking the rooms of the living quarters shows nothing of importance, mostly destroyed or overturned beds and dressers.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I will post a map when I have it completed in case you want to do any further exploration of the area.

 


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Jaamus looks about the room searching for anything that might indicate what happened; weapons of invaders, any sign of scuffle. If nothing is found and he spots no sign of immediate enemies, Jaamus will look for the next door to move on. He'll suggest that nothing of worth is here and for the others to just pass through, reminding them of their objective and the time they have to complete this by.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:48 pm

let us be off and find our way out of this mine and out again in open air

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3133
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Into the Caves

Post by CGM3 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:41 am

Ethan nods agreement. Our goal is on the surface, so we need to find a way there. Shall we venture through the east door, or the west, in search of our route?
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:01 am

Fast forwarding a little bit....

Finding nothing of note in the living quarters, you return to the library room with three doors left unchecked. They lead east, west, and south.

Listening to the doors, through the west door you can hear a wind howling. This is similiar to the sound you heard earlier when you first entered the caves.

Ween is easily able to open the west door and you can feel a breeze billowing out from the corridor that is before you. Walking through the corridor, it twists and winds. There are torches lining the walls, although they are not lit. Occasionally along the walls there are small coves in which dwarven staues can be seen. These look like they could be worth something, if they were not too heavy to move.

It seems that you follow this corridor for hours, travelling far enough that it is hard to determine which direction you are actually heading and whether you have been getting higher in the mountain or deeper.

As you get to the end of this tunnel, it opens up getting higher and wider and you come to a door. Not just a door, but a large steel double door standing twenty feet high. The frame of the large door is encrusted with jewels and the door radiates a light of its own. Large letters adorn the door, written in dwarven.

Jaamus translates

Welcome to the Arena.
This masterwork of dwarven work amongst clan's shows our strength.
Those who enter here are welcome to participate or to watch the action.


OUT OF CHARACTER
I am curious as to who is still here playing. Please reply to let me know.

 


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:35 am

Jaamus examines the door closely to try and test the aura that illuminates the door. Shall I open? This would not be a door trapped, since this seems to be an arena for competition. Access would be freely granted.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:42 pm

Yes you shuold be correct but it does not seem this has been used for some time.
OUT OF CHARACTER
im still with you in the game

 


User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Benji » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:20 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm still in.

 

Kaht listens to Jaamus' translation. Er... Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't an arena be a dead end? Aren't we trying to get out of this place? He thinks for a moment. Then again, showing all of you what I'm really made of on the field of competition should be just the pick-me-up I need... He thinks for a moment more before chuckling at nothing and scratching one of his eyelids vigorously.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3133
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Into the Caves

Post by CGM3 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Assuming entry doesn't automatically put us into the role of competitors, Ethan opines, it's conceivable there are other exits. I kinda doubt they'd have all their spectators come troopin' in through their library; if nothin' else, the librarians would complain somethin' fierce. So let's give it a try.
OUT OF CHARACTER
"Still lurking about." :mrgreen:

 

"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Nargath » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:39 am

An arena? Really? Hope that there is no-one in there using it at the moment. Well, if we are going to do this, we may as well get going.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm still here too, although the TOS boards being blocked @ work makes it harder for me to post, or at least remembering to post when I get home. Feel free to nudge me if I drop out :)

 

Image Xandos

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:31 am

Majority vote seems to be yes. After hearing enough yeses, Jaamus studies the door for the direction it opens and handles or knobs to turn or pull or push against. He'll then try opening the door.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:31 am

There is a large ring on each door. Pulling the rings, the door creaks, as though the weight of the door is fighting against the dirt and grime that has held it shut for many years.

With a little bit of effort, Jaamus is able to get the door open. Inside the door is a large open corridor running left to right which appears to be an entranceway to the seating area of the arena inside. The slanted roof reaches far above you. The corridor runs far down and seems to curve in to a corner.

Along the opposite wall there is an opening about every thirty feet.

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3133
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Into the Caves

Post by CGM3 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:46 am

Ethan will step to the nearest opening in the opposite wall and look through it.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6854
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:01 pm

Jaamus enters the hall and walks to one of the openings into the arena to see what is there. He readies his weapon just in case.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Nargath » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Ween will step through the opening next to Jaamus.
Image Xandos

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Domnick will go invisable and also step in next too ween

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Benji » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Kaht follows the others, not showing as much stealth as them, but still trying to remain wary.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:20 am

Game continues in a new Thread

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 2”