Into the Caves

Aros' Army
User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:52 pm

Jaamus looks around taking in the scale of the room observing the occasional breaks between bookshelves up the wall. That's a bit better! he says fists to his hips and chest puffed out. THINKING: I wonder how deep we are?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Jaamus will use intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:31 am

Still listing too see if i can hear and try and see anything from the floor above.
Last edited by rednetra on Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:22 am

Bah! It's clearly obvious that we have to go up. Jaamus heads for the spiral stair taking advantage of his stonecunning and cautiously climbs the first five steps. Are we going to stay here, or get to doing what we came her to do? He waits at the fifth step for a reaction from the others.

He looks up to Dominick still aloft. What do you see from up there?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Benji » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Kaht grumbles and closes his book after reading a few parts from it. He takes another look at the various titles in front of him, looking for anything interesting or possibly out of place that's there.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Nargath » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:16 am

Ween moves back to the spiral stairs.
Dammit, this is too bright, gonna take me ages to get my "night" vision back again

Ween will start searching up the stair case, and also scouting out (stealthily) what is up there.

Search check on the rest of the spiral staircase (1d20+12=20)
Hiding while going up the staircase (1d20+14=18)
Moving silently while going up the staircase (1d20+12=22)
Image Xandos

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:50 pm

The "glass ceiling" that Dominick is at seems to show that the floor above him has the same exact look as the one that he is on.

Jaamus moves up the steps carefully and they are strong and sturdy. Ween's searching also brings nothing of interest.

Kaht finds mostly the same type of books in the rest of the room, not much of interest there either.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:28 pm

Jaamus precedes up the stairs heading for the first landing.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Stonecunning +2

 

1d20 2=10
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:13 pm

Domnick will go up to the next level and stay inviable till his party get there Im going up to the next level to scout

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3153
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Into the Caves

Post by CGM3 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:16 pm

rednetra wrote:Domnick will go up to the next level and stay inviable till his party get there Im going up to the next level to scout
Ethan will watch to see if Dominick bumps into the "invisible ceiling", or if it has dissipated with the lights (unlikely, but who can truly fathom the workings of the dwarven mind? :lol: )
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Jaamus acknowledges Domnick's attempt to scout ahead, but when he looks to where he last heard Domnick, all he sees is empty air. He mutters something in disgruntled dwarven after figuring he went invisible. He looks around to the rest of his companions and notices Ethan looking to the transparent ceiling. When he looks to where he thinks Ethan was looking at and again see nothing Jaamus mutters some more. He continues up the stairs with his warhammer in hand both to be ready for attack and to feel for any invisible solid object in front of him.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:59 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
hello can anyone see me throw the floor :evil:

 


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:22 pm

rednetra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
hello can anyone see me throw the floor :evil:

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Being as you're invisible, I doubt it. Just patiently waiting for us to pick back up again.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:33 pm

For those who move up through the "ceiling" by the stairs
SpoilerShow
As you move past the barrier, the next room is another library. However it looks nothing like the library below. There are no tables and the shelves are set up completely different. Looking through the floor, the room below seems to mirror the room you are currently in. It looks as if you continue up the stairs there is another room. There are closed doors on all 4 walls. I will put up a map when everyone makes it up. :D
For those below, as your comrades move up the stairs they seem to disappear on the next floor.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:47 pm

If Jaamus sees no threat he'll call down to the others "All safe", without yelling, otherwise he'll take action accordingly. If no threat though, after calling for the rest to join him and, presumably Domnick by his last words, Jaamus will begin searching this floor for anything that will aid him in reaching their needed destiny.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Stonecunning, +2
Using Stonecunning Racial Trail (1d20+2=12)

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Benji » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:41 am

Grumbling, Kaht will shove a few of the more interesting looking books into his pack and start climbing the stairs.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3153
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Into the Caves

Post by CGM3 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:53 am

Ethan will wait for his companions to begin ascending the stairs, then follow them, bringing up the rear and keeping an eye on the room below.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:08 am

once DOminick will go visable he will start looking around the room and searching for anything out of the norm.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:32 pm

Hay anyone else comeing up here

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:59 am

I don't know what they're doing down there, Dom. Have you found anything yet? I'm going to have a look for any signs of where we may be at in here. Maybe they have directional signs?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:20 am

Here is the map, since it appears everyone has moved up to the next level. (open areas along the outside are the doorways)

As you move past the barrier, the next room is another library. However it looks nothing like the library below. There are no tables and the shelves are set up completely different. Looking through the floor, the room below seems to mirror the room you are currently in. It looks as if you continue up the stairs there is another room. There are closed doors on all 4 walls.

The doors seem to be simple wooden doors, although they do not have the appearance of aging to them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3153
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Into the Caves

Post by CGM3 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:27 am

Ethan will move to 1610 and examine the books on the adjacent shelf while keeping an eye on the door to the east.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:54 pm

I'm at 1909 listening for activity on the other side.
Untrained Skill Check East Door (1d20+1=2)
Seems all quiet here. Jaamus look to the top of the door for any writing and does the same at each of the remaining three door going to the south door next.

Untrained Skill Check Listen South Door (1d20+1=21)
Untrained Skill Check Listen West Door (1d20+1=16)
Untrained Skill Check Listen North Door (1d20+1=16)
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Benji » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:38 pm

Squeaking with barely contained glee, Kaht rushes over to the nearest bookshelf and begins looking for more interesting titles.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:04 pm

We never really explaned what each of us can do. i am not able too check for any traps or even if a door is locked. might one of you be able too get that done.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6872
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:08 pm

All Dwarves are in their element when underground. Our specialty is in stone and metal. Any traps relating to stone, especially dwarven made traps, might best be looked at by me. Unless someone else could fair better?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Nargath » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:45 pm

More books? Feh.

Ween will check all the doors for traps and locks, starting with the northern door.

Searching the northern door: 1d20+12=14
OUT OF CHARACTER
Ugh, what a crap roll

 

Searching the eastern door: 1d20+12=25
Searching the southern door: 1d20+12=32
Searching the western door: 1d20+12=15
Image Xandos

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:58 pm

i will use my one invocation and see magic please

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:26 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
helloooooooooo and you hear the eco in the caves :D

 


User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3153
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Into the Caves

Post by CGM3 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:39 pm

rednetra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
helloooooooooo and you hear the eco in the caves :D

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
At least it's only a mere eco, and not the dread gazebo! :mrgreen:

 

"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:33 pm

CGM3 wrote:
rednetra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
helloooooooooo and you hear the eco in the caves :D

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
At least it's only a mere eco, and not the dread gazebo! :mrgreen:

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
The Gazebo is on the next level of the library. lol. I will do my best to have the update tomorrow

 


Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 2”