Into the Caves

Aros' Army
User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:15 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Can i please cast Magic Missle into the Drakness

 

Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:02 pm

As Jaamus listens to the doors, each one is quiet on the other side. Ween checks the doors, easily find simple locking mechanisms on each of them. There do not appear to be any traps on the doors that Ween searches.

Kaht, excited by the books, runs over and attempts to start looking through them. Unfortunately, each book he takes seems to crumble into dust.

As Dominick detects magic, there a very strong illusion magics working on the floors and ceiling. However, as he walks through the room towards the south, a strong sense of magic seems to be coming from the shelf in front of 0116.
OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="rednetra"]Can i please cast Magic Missle into the Drakness[/quote]Sorry, Jaamus already turned on the light. No more darkness. Besides, I don't think you have that prepared :P

 


User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:56 pm

As Dominick detects magic, there a very strong illusion magics working on the floors and ceiling. However, as he walks through the room towards the south, a strong sense of magic seems to be coming from the shelf in front of 0116.
Domnick will reach out and try and take the thing that is being affected by the magic
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Benji » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:34 pm

Kaht stares at the book that just crumbled into his hand. I think I'm going to cry...
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:52 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Does Jaamus see anything? In addition to listening I was also looking for any writing or indication of direction/location. My action

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:25 pm

Signs are all in dwarven....
SpoilerShow
There are different signs on the bookshelves saying what sections there are. Kaht is currently looking through the Monstrous Creatures area while Dominick seems to be heading towards an area labeled Artifacts. There also seems to be sections on Fey, Legends, Dragons, Fiction, Religion and a small area in the northwest corner that is labeled Adult. None of the doors are labeled.

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Into the Caves

Post by CGM3 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:19 am

Ethan is still keeping an eye on the east door,
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:46 pm

Has anyone found anything of note or that may need my translating? If not, I say we get this moving. I'm feeling as though precious time is running out. We were heading north, right?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:47 pm

This has a deep magic Aura. Picking up the book and showing it too everyone
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:11 pm

rednetra wrote:This has a deep magic Aura. Picking up the book and showing it too everyone
Jaamus turns to acknowledge Domnick, Can you make out the writing? Let me see if I can read it. Jaamus walks to where Domnick stands to see if he can read anything of the title if Domnick is unable to.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Nargath » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:33 am

Ween goes and stands near the north door, prepared to unlock it when this party of noise makers makes up their mind.

Ween draws his warning dagger, and starts flipping it up in the air and catching it by the blade, all the while muttering under his breath.
Image Xandos

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Benji » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:02 am

Excited by the sound of a magic book, Kaht wanders over and peers over Dominicks shoulder at the book.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:39 pm

Dominick pulls the book out of the shelf as the books by it seem to crumble.

This book has a beautiful hard red leather cover and binding that seems untouched by time. There is no writing on its cover. There is a clasp on it that keeps the book closed.

Trying to open the clasp shows that it is magically locked in place.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:24 pm

No writing? This must be something for it to have no writing. It only makes sense. Being locked is a good hint too. Although, it could be nothing more than a journal. Can anyone help figure this out or should we just take it and figure it out later? We do have somewhere to get to after all.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:26 pm

i say we try now as it might have a clue what is here or what is ahead. if it is a journal it could hold clues. Who is good at picking locks and can cast a spell to unlock it
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Benji » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:41 am

Locked? Kaht says in an incredulous tone. Knowledge should be available to all! He will then cast Detect Magic to try and work out the auras surrounding it himself.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:04 pm

Kaht is able to determine that the lock has an abjuration on it, although the book itself has several different powerful magics on it

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:36 pm

The lock on the book is a simple arcane lock spell. The magics inside the book are transmutation, illusion, and necromancy. Is anyone going to unlock and open the book? Or are we going to be moving ahead?

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Into the Caves

Post by CGM3 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:20 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Ethan can whack at it with his mind blade (Open Locks isn't in his skill repertoire).

 

Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Benji » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:17 pm

Hmm... Kaht will then shrug and try to grab the book. I'll keep hold of this until I work out a way to open it. Anyone else for more zombies? I'm hungry!
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:34 pm

I've been ready to move on a long time ago, announces Jaamus. He swings his greathammer to a shoulder and puts his mind to figuring which way is best to head. He returns to any writings in the room that might indicate a best route to resume. He'll translate anything significant to his party.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:56 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
what is the book. i did use my ability to identify on it

 

Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:28 pm

rednetra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
what is the book. i did use my ability to identify on it

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
You were able to identify the arcane lock, but the magics locked inside you cannot determine

 


User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:26 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Marry Christmas too you all

 

Dominick says What way now my comrades
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 3350
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: Into the Caves

Post by CGM3 » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:35 pm

"As our goal is on the surface," Esias reminds his companions, "I suggest we continue upwards, unless someone thinks there is a reason to linger here or explore through one of those doors."
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Nargath » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:56 pm

Ween sighs, and goes to check the bottom of the stairs for traps.

Searching the stairs: 1d20+12=19
Image Xandos

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:47 am

"I agree getti.g out of the mine is wise, but I would hate too not mae sure that these dors do not hold the way out. it would be way to easy for a cunning dwarf to put the exit right infront of us also if we do not check the other doors. it leaves our flank an easy target"
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by klakxor » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:16 am

Ween checks the stairs and there are no traps, ascending the staiwell to the third floor, you find what appears to have been a magic study/alchemists lab. There is a bright orb at the top of the rooom that appears to be the light source. The floor, unlike on the previous level, looks to be a solid hardwood floor.

The tables have empty bottles and beakers on them and there are several books about on the tables. Looking through the books, they look like alchemical recipe books and journals, as well as notes for experiments. There are no doors exitting this room, only the stairwell you cam up.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by Benji » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:13 pm

As Kaht makes his way up to the next room, he sighs in happiness before rushing over to the nearest book and flipping through it.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Into the Caves

Post by rednetra » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:00 pm

this seems to be the end. im useing my invocationa gain too make sure there is nothing magical hideing around here
Image

Locked

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 2”