[Active Thread] The Arena

Aros' Army
Post Reply
User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

[Active Thread] The Arena

Post by klakxor » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:18 am

As you move through the opening, you look out across a Huge Arena. It is easily several hundred feet across. You are currently up in what appears to be the stadium area. There is a good amount of light streaming in through the open ceiling which looks to be hundreds of feet above you. The weather outside does not seem to affect the arena (as you all know that there was a blizzard outside when you enetered the cave systems.

The Arena itself has several parts. You are towards the Western portion of the arena.

The outside seems to be a path for racing. There are ruts in the ground from what looks like chariots.

The Northern End opens up into a more subterranean area that looks to be a maze of some sort. Spectators could look down at participants who were fighting creatures in the maze. The Maze seems to continue underneath the Southern End of the Arena.

The Southern End of the Arena is a flat surface with 3 raised circles. Each of these circles would have been used for hand to hand matches.

These are observations that Jaamus makes as you look down.

Through the quiet you can all hear loud groans and labored breathing. Through the vastness of the Arena, it is nearly impossible to tell where it is coming from.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Arena

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:47 am

Jaamus attempts to discern the type of breathing he hears. Is it more a growling slumber, the sound of breathing made from excursion and forced labor. Trying to identify sound of Breathing. Is it from Dragon or something else? (1d20+1=13)

Domnick, can you try to fly in and spot from high what might be making that sound while still invisible?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Arena

Post by rednetra » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:13 pm

on itDomnick will fly into the area and try and make spot checks while staying invsiable.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Arena

Post by klakxor » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:09 am

From, up above, Dominick still cannot discern the sound they here. He can see some movements through the maze area, but whatever is moving is small and quick. Down in the stadium, Jaamus and the others hear the sound start to slowly subside.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Arena

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:09 am

Jaamus will return back to the others hopefully signaling Dimnick and anyone else looking into the arena to return. Once everyone is gathered, While I'm truly bored and looking for a fight to add some excitement to this endeavor, we can just stay under here out of view in the open arena. We can walk around the place until we reach the other side where I'm sure there will be a door as this one we entered. Or we can descend to the edge of the arena for a closer look at what may be in the maze. This may likely expose us to an attack and some excitement, good or bad. I say we keep to the hidden corridor here and walk the interior around to the opposite side.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3144
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Re: [Active Thread] The Arena

Post by CGM3 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:02 pm

Ethan concurs with Jaamus' suggestion. We're here for a purpose, not to blunder into random fights. Let's go.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
Nargath
Level 14 Contributor
Level 14 Contributor
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:32 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Arena

Post by Nargath » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:34 pm

Not obviously drawing attention to ourselves? Sounds like a plan.

Hide to walk through the corridor: 1d20+14=17
Move Silently too: 1d20+12=22
Image Xandos

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Arena

Post by rednetra » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:27 pm

FLys down IM not seeing much up there. Just hearing sounds

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Arena

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:07 am

With no objections from anyone else, we ALL follow the corridor around the arena to the opposite side, cautiously watching and listening for any potential threat, weapons ready.

Listen; Spot Skill Check (1d20+1=17, 1d20+3=9)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Can we get this moving again?

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Arena

Post by rednetra » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:12 am

Dominick will stay invisable and paying close attention too his blaindsense

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6862
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Arena

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:47 am

Jaamus, being so bored and no longer caring of the reason for this mission, begins contemplating killing his party members just to bring this to an end. After all, it's not getting anywhere to begin with.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] The Arena

Post by klakxor » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:39 am


Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} The Madragar Campaign - Game 2”