Character Concepts

Do you have what it takes to restore existence as it once was? Or will you allow the ashes of its annihilation continue to smolder?
Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Re: Character Concepts

Post by Benji » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:08 pm

Unfortunately, Avery is too busy to join, so it will be the three of you!
Does this mean we're still waiting on a fourth or that we will be starting with three?
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:21 pm

We will be starting with three.

Monkey, your changes to your post looks good. Yes, your shapechanging does take up your racial feat slot.

I just wanted to mention, I haven't updated the SRD yet, but I wanted to explain how spell points work:

Each spell you cast uses a number of spell points equal to the caster level you attempt to cast it at (similar to power points). You may use any number of spell points to power a spell, but keep in mind that you must succeed on two Magic checks, with failure producing some potentially nasty effects (I still have to come up with a table of bad effects). Should you overextend your spell points during an encounter, you take nonlethal damage equal to the number of additional spell points used. Should the damage you take cause you to fall unconscious, you take Ability Burn to your Constitution score equal to the additional damage. This means that overuse of your spell points could be fatal.

A 1st level character is free to attempt a 9th level spell if he desires, but the minimum caster level is 17. That makes for a very dangerous attempt at such a low level. In fact, by 17th level, the caster still might not be ready for such a check without extending casting for a great long while and performing a ritual. Spells higher than 9th level are available, so epic magics are not strictly needed. That is not to say that they are not possible, but there is little use to their research.

Artifacts can be created with the Craft skill. These artifacts are all lesser artifacts so long as they duplicate the effects of caster level 20 or below. They are greater artifacts when they duplicate caster levels of 21+. Some Craft checks may require Magic checks, as well.

Are there any questions about the system at all?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:43 pm

Also, since there are no days, spell points are recovered a number equal to your level per period of time. Because this number is subjective, it means that it is up to me how long it takes. Resting until your spell points return is not always a good idea. Sometimes, in fact, it will be impossible. Myrallus is a very dangerous place. Morality does not exist, so reasons for killing or not killing may or may not exist.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

musif
Squire
Squire

Post by musif » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:26 am

Nice Topic ........ :LuvTos: :LuvTos: :LuvTos: :LuvTos: :LuvTos: :LuvTos: :LuvTos: :LuvTos: :LuvTos: :LuvTos:

Return to “{PbP} Myrallus [ENDED]”