Character Concepts

"Gee paw, I think I'll fell a gawd today!"
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Character Concepts

Post by shai-hulud » Sat May 10, 2008 12:40 am

This is the thread where you post your character concepts. I will choose one or two parties of 50th level characters.

Character creation rules:
Any 3.5 WotC race (DM Approval required for any non-SRD race)
Any 3.5 WotC classes (DM Approval required for any non-SRD class)
No gestalt (50th level is powerful enough without throwing in gestalt)
No level adjustment buyback. If you choose a race with a level adjustment, you are stuck with it.
Starting gp = 39,000,000 (yes, that is 39 million).
Maximum gp for single item: 10,000,000
Hit points -- I have yet to decide how I will do this, but likely I will use InvisibleCastle.
Ability score generation: 25 Point buy. Add 1d4 to each stat. If any stats are 16 or higher, you have a potential super-stat. Roll 1d6 and add the result to your stat. If that 1d6 results in a 6, roll another 1d6 and add it to your stat. (A maximum of 2d6 may be rolled in this way for a maximum stat of 34).
Starting XP = 1,250,000. From that, you can purchase any equipment that requires XP. All Epic spells are subject to my approval. You may begin at a lower level due to crafting or epic spell research.

Current Ideas:
  • Benji
    • Amberyl - Human Female Druid
  • Catalyst
    • Nathan Snow - Human Rogue/Monk/Shadowdancer
  • marine7312000
    • Keider Paol - Human Swashbuckler / Wizard
  • LinusMundane
    • Tollman Erwing Wiseman - Halfling Ranger/Deepwood Sniper/Scout
    • Goldie - Gold Dragon
  • MonkeyAlpha
    • Unnamed - Rogue/Fighter/Wizard (Conjurer)/Daggerspell mage
  • fnord
    • The Emissary - Unknown
  • grepme2001
    • Tongk - Female Troll Monk/Swordsage?
  • rednetra
    • Mustard Seed - Pixie Sorcerer / Favored Soul / Mystic Theurge
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Re: Character Concepts

Post by Benji » Sat May 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Let's see what I can come up with... I'll probably go into the Myrallus one as well when I get a chance to properly read through the rules.

----

Amberyl - Human Female Druid

Amberyl was born to loving parents in a peaceful village in a land untouched by war or famine.

Boring, no?

Well yes. It was. Amberyl wasn't the sort of woman who could count her blessings and leave it at that. She craved adventure. She needed excitement. She desired danger. So she travelled. Along the way she met up with a number of others who needed to revel in battle and travel and one of those, a Druid named Rashe, taught Amberyl much of what she uses nowadays.

As happens with most adventuring groups, the party slowly split up. The fighter was lost to war, the cleric was elevated to high priest and the rogue was arrested for an indefinate period of time. Only Amberyl and the other druid still wished to continue journeying, but after a few months of righting wrongs and saving lives, they too grew bored with it and settled down in a peaceful forest, got married, and lived with nature in peace.

To cut a long story short, Rashe couldn't simply settle down so easily. After a decade or two where they raised their children and communed with nature, Amberyl's loving husband went off on another adventure. He took their eldest son with him and left without much ceremony. Knowing that he had to do it to live with himself only made Amberyl more upset about the whole thing. Her two daughters soon grew tired of living away from civilisation and they too left her alone in her forest.

Viewing herself as too young to settle into being a hermit, Amberyl took to the road as well. Determined to find either her husband or any of her children. Her husband and son were found two years later, buried in a small cemetary. Her two daughters were found in a similar state five months later. After having been on her own for almost three years, Amberyl couldn't bring herself to feel sorrow, so she continued her travels. Nowadays, she can usually be found speaking with animals, or observing dangerous creatures from afar. Despite her own wishes however, there is a tiny spark in her heart that wants her to go out with a bang.

---

Note: Depending on how I want to go with her, I may be wanting to include PrCs from some other books (Namely the Complete series). They will be purely to focus her druidic abilities more, nothing else. Also, would DM Approval be needed for external feats and spells?
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Sat May 10, 2008 10:02 pm

Nathan Snow

Rogue/Monk/Shadowdancer
(race to be determined, but will more than likely be using the dark template)

Nathan was born on the plane of shadow.. at least, he thinks so. That would be the only real explanation as to why he melds into the darkness so well and why, despite being 6' tall, he only weighs 135 lbs, but doesn't look like he's been starved his whole life. It might also explain why he is only black and white, with various shades of gray mixed in. His skin is pale grey, with the appropriate variations where there should be, just no pigment at all. His hair is jet black and his eyes are the same.

In general, he's a little angry at the gods. None of them has answered him, ever. He tried to discuss things... That didn't work out too well. He wanted to know what was going on with existing. Why were they all here? He was met with more silence. And then he was cast out, sent back to his home plane, and imprisoned there. That's what you get when you question the powers that be, right? Wrong.

Nathan, ever so crafty, managed to find a way to break the rules and bend the shadows to his own will. He wanted out, and gods be damned, he was getting out, even if it meant breaking their rules. Note: Their rules. Not his.

Finegling the planar traps that bound him to a small corner of the desolate and dark world that has been his home and now his prison, he broke the rules, broke the traps, and in a bit of luck with a strength of will, he tore out of the plane of Shadow, tore a hole through the fabric itself, and managed to escape to the material plane...

At least, that's what he tells people.

Now, though, he still wants answers, and if they won't give them to him... Well, he is more than willing to take it out in blood.

Rolls:

1d4=1, 1d4=1, 1d4=2, 1d4=2, 1d4=1, 1d4=1

1d6=6, 1d6=2

Yeah, I'm not sure if this was done right.

Either way, editted to reflect rolls.
Last edited by Catalyst on Tue May 13, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun May 11, 2008 11:29 pm

To test out the different systems, here are three examples when generating Ru-Ru's stats. Ru-Ru is an Ogre Were-Bear Barbarian/Frenzied Berzerker

STR 16, DEX 13, CON 12, INT 10, WIS 14, CHA 16
Strength and Con boost (1d6=5, 1d6=4)
So, my final stats are:
21, 20, 14, 13, 12, 10.

If I go with option 2:
STR 9, DEX 13, CON 11, INT 11, WIS 14, CHA 16
Here, I drop the 9 and replace it with an 18. Then I roll for a bonus to that one stat:
1d6=1
And my stats are:
19, 16, 14, 13, 11, 11

If I go with option 3:
STR 18, DEX 11, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 8, CHA 8
I add 1d4 to each stat:
1d4=3, 1d4=3, 1d4=2, 1d4=3, 1d4=2, 1d4=1
So, I have 21, 14, 16, 11, 10, 9. That gives me two potential super-stats:
1d6=4, 1d6=5
And my stats are:
25, 21, 14, 11, 10, 9

Each way generates similar stats. I think I like the 25 point-buy +1d4 to each stat, +1d6 to each 16, 17, or 18 (option 3). So, if you want to roll your stats, sign in to invisiblecastle, use the Point Buy (set 25 for the point buy). Use your forum name here and God-Slayers as the campaign name. After you generate your stats, all future rolls will save to that character name. When you roll the 1d4s, apply them in order. Then, scores that are eligible for super-stats, roll them and apply the bonuses in order.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon May 12, 2008 12:32 am

I received a PM that the stat-rolling is very complicated, so here is the breakdown.
  1. Use 25 point-buy to generate your six stats.
  2. Go to this website: InvisibleCastle
  3. Sign in
  4. Go to Roll Dice
  5. Put in your forum username (I would use: shai-hulud)
  6. Put in the campaign name (God-Slayers)
  7. Enter the number of rolls (6)
  8. Enter the Dice to roll (1d4)
  9. Click on Roll Dice
  10. It will give you a list of die rolls. Add these in order to your stats generated from the 25 point-buy in step 1.
    • Example: Using 25 point buy, I chose the following stats:
    • Strength 18
    • Dexterity 11
    • Constitution 14
    • Intelligence 8
    • Wisdom 8
    • Charisma 8
      So, I apply the modifiers I roll in order: 1d4=3, 1d4=1, 1d4=1, 1d4=4, 1d4=1, 1d4=2
    • Strength 18+3 = 21
    • Dexterity 11+1 = 12
    • Constitution 14+1 = 15
    • Intelligence 8+4 = 12
    • Wisdom 8+1 = 9
    • Charisma 8+2 = 10
  11. Now, for each stat that is above a 15, I roll 1d6 and add it to that stat.
    • Example: From the stats generated above, only Strength qualifies as a super-stat, so I roll 1d6 and add the result to my strength.
    • I go to InvisibleCastle and enter "shai-hulud" as my character name.
    • I enter "God-Slayers" as the campaign name
    • I enter "1" as the number of times to roll
    • I enter "1d6" as the Dice to roll
    • I click Roll Dice
    • Here is my result: 1d6=6
    • Because it was a six, I repeat the process AGAIN. For my second roll I get: 1d6=2
    • Now, I have a Strength of 21+6+2 = 29.
At this point, I have six stats. In the example I gave, the six stats are:
Strength 29
Dexterity 12
Constitution 15
Intelligence 12
Wisdom 9
Charisma 10

Those six stats go in the "Rolled" column on the FRONT worksheet of TOS+. Any ability score adjustments due to race are applied after.

If there are any questions, please either post them here or PM me.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon May 12, 2008 6:38 am

Putting these here for my reference and yours if you need to see them now.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:01 am

Keider Paol
Human Swashbuckler / Wizard
Keider was born to a noble family that had recently been stripped of its titles. His family was still wealthy and had kept a few loyal guards who initially trained Keider in the use of weapons. Keider was sent to study magic in his teens and after completing his initial training he left school and became an adventurer. He traveled for many years before finally retiring and becoming an instructor at a college of magic. He taught at the school for a few years before wanderlust again overtook him. After trying to contact his former party members and discovering that the majority of them had died since the last time he saw them, he decided to find a group that could use his talents.

His point buy stats were
10 Str
15 Dex
11 Con
15 Int
10 Wis
10 Cha
d4 rolls:
1d4=1, 1d4=4, 1d4=1, 1d4=4, 1d4=2, 1d4=3

2d6 (Dex and Int)
1d6=5, 1d6=6

1d6 (Int)
1d6=6

His starting stats are with bonuses for leveling
12 Str
26 Dex
12 Con
40 Int
12 Wis
13 Cha

FYI I accidentally put God-Slayer as the campaign name on invisiblecastle.
Last edited by marine7312000 on Tue May 13, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Mon May 12, 2008 10:39 am

Tollman Erwing Wiseman is a halfling of typical size and stature, that is where typical ends. His knack for a short bow specifically a composite short bow is unmatched throughout the lands as well as history. Tollman once hit a mark over 3 times further than ever recorded in history and that was before he honed his skill as a "Sniper". He quickly grew bored of life in his current surroundings, again untypical, and set off for great fame. He travels took him to elven lands, known for their prowess in archery as well and quickly he was interwoven into their society.

The elves showed him how to take proper aim as well as how to make his arrows "hurt" more than normal, he devoted many years to learning from them, and again grew bored. Tollman traveled on and his fame brought him some unwanted attention, a band of thieves, out to prove their merit to their leader got the jump on him and knocked him out cold. Upon awakening he found himself in a jail cell. Tollman is crafty though and all the while focusing on his woodland ways seemed to always have a knack for getting out of tight squeezes. While trying to make his way out of his prison, he encountered a man that radiated confidence as well as sinister ways. Intrigued by this he asked the man to hone his craft in roguish ways and soon became John the Rogue's favorite student.

John has since passed, being human he knew Tollman would out live him by many many years, his final months were spent giving him every secret he had ever learned but Tollman was not happy to be called a thief, he managed to intertwine his Ranger and Roguish abilities into a class he calls Scout.

Having grown bored once more, Tollman's need for danger and his lust for learning has led him to set out once more, for greatness.

Male Halfling
Ranger 30/Deepwood Sniper 10/Scout 10

Stats:

STR 18
DEX 24
CON 17
INT 10
WIS 10
CHA 9

25 pt buy
1d4=1, 1d4=3, 1d4=2, 1d4=2, 1d4=2, 1d4=1

1d6=1, 1d6=6, 1d6=3

1d6=6
Last edited by LinusMundane on Fri May 16, 2008 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Mon May 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Enter a man, or the shell of a man, haunted by his past. The atrocities he has committed hang on him like the stench of the multitude of corpses he has created. His vileness was only exceeded by his hatred of what he had become. And thus it was with his last breath he sank his blade into the heart of a great priestess just as she uttered the last word of her spell. It was this spell that changed this man's destiny, and perhaps the fate of all mortals...

The broken evil man found himself unable to move, and trapped within a crystalline structure while the world passed him by... displaced outside of time, outside of memory he remained. The priestess's magic forced him to relive his own life and then the life of one of his victims then his own life again and yet another one of his victims ad infinitum, until one day when the crystalline structure shattered and he stepped forth. His skin was as black as night, and his tattoos were of the purest white but seemed to pulse with life and on a rare occasion reflected red in the high glossiness the way only blood can. The man was free, he knelt down on the spot, feeling the soft earth under his bare knees and wept, his mind was free of the hatred, of the killings, of the bloodlust.

But, over time he found that his soul was stained with the deaths of all those who died by his hand and blade. The families he ruined and children orphaned, cities ransacked, pillaged, and razed. The remainder of his life is dedicated to redemption and to salvation; he has walked in the deepest darkness, but now serves as a great adjudicator for evil and tyranny wherever he is needed.

Rogue 4/Fighter 18/Conjurer 3/Daggerspell Mage 23

So many possiblities... I'll start with some rolls! (1d4=1, 1d4=4, 1d4=4, 1d4=1, 1d4=4, 1d4=1)
Str 12 Dex 18 Con 16 Int 16 Wis 16 Chr 9
4 ability scores equal to or greater than 16... (1d6=5, 1d6=6, 1d6=1, 1d6=6)
Str 12 Dex 23 Con 22 Int 17 Wis 22 Chr 9
Additional rolls for 6's (1d6=3, 1d6=3)
Str 12 Dex 23 Con 25 Int 17 Wis 25 Chr 9
Last edited by MonkeyAlpha on Thu May 22, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon May 12, 2008 6:14 pm

Updated original post.

fnord
BARON
BARON

Post by fnord » Tue May 13, 2008 7:33 pm

An unkown identity known by all. A bedtime story to scare children with. A standard for men to look up to. A living legend. A destroyer of kings, a builder of nations. He often goes by the name of Megdail. She has been known as Irethia to many. Nazim to his friends.

The Emissary has traveled the planes and saved the world. The Emissary has debated with great wurms. The Emissary humbled a god in debate over the everlasting fight between good and evil. Disenchanted with the machinations of the races, The Emissary travels the planes, seeking to bring balance.

Ever mindful of the tales that abound, The Emmissary refuses to maintain any lasting ties. When needed an army may be raised, and just as quickly dispersed when the need is over.
Image Frix/Male Pixie
Image was:Nayda/Female Human; now 'Laurai/Female Silver Dragon

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:51 pm

I am Tongk. I used to be your average run of the mill mountain troll. My memories from that time of my life are very hazy though, mostly a blur of insatiable hunger and blood lust. I remember clearly though the day when that began to change. I was wandering through my territory looking for something to eat when I caught an unfamiliar scent in the air. It had the definite smell of food, but unlike any I'd eaten before. The promise of something new was exciting. I didn't need to travel very far to reach this food, and I thought it odd that it didn't try to run away like most food did, but not odd enough to pass up a meal. It just stood there and watched as I stalked closer. It did wiggle a bit for the first few bites, but most food did that and it tasted better when it did. A few minutes after finishing that meal was when I first heard the strange new voice in my head, I do hope you enjoyed that, I know I didn't. I am, or rather I was, Shari Donyil, and I was sent here to guide you to your destiny. Things began to change quickly after that.

Tongk, Female Troll / Monk / Swordsage?

Starting stats based on 25 point buy plus racial modifiers.
Str: 20, Dex: 15, Con:20, Int: 9, Wis: 15, Cha: 8

d4 rolls: 1d4=3, 1d4=4, 1d4=2, 1d4=4, 1d4=3, 1d4=1
Str: 23, Dex: 19, Con:22, Int: 13, Wis: 18, Cha: 9

1st d6 rolls: 1d6=2, 1d6=2, 1d6=4, 1d6=6
Str: 25, Dex: 21, Con:26, Int: 13, Wis: 24, Cha: 9

2nd d6 roll: 1d6=2
Str: 25, Dex: 21, Con:26, Int: 13, Wis: 26, Cha: 9

Plus level bonuses: Str +7, Wis +4
Str: 32, Dex: 21, Con:26, Int: 13, Wis: 30, Cha: 9

I've never played epic before, this should be interesting.
Last edited by grepme2001 on Tue May 20, 2008 1:09 am, edited 5 times in total.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Fri May 16, 2008 1:28 am

Sure!

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Fri May 16, 2008 5:37 pm

GNevermind on this
Last edited by LinusMundane on Wed May 28, 2008 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:16 am

Hey Shai, do you enforce the often lamented "monk/paladin who gains a new class or (if already multiclass) raises another class by a level may never again raise her monk/paladin level" restriction? For my character concept, see above, I'd like to stagger Monk and Swordsage levels to avoid xp penalties, but that damn restriction gets in the way... again. :(
Last edited by grepme2001 on Tue May 20, 2008 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue May 20, 2008 1:28 am

There is always the Monastic Training feat.

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:58 am

Oh yeah, I always forget about Eberron stuff. Thanks. :)

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed May 21, 2008 11:18 pm

If you choose to read a Tome of Clear Thought, assume that you read it at 20th level, so you can put it into Int tracking beginning 21st level.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat May 24, 2008 7:04 pm

So far, it is looking like this game may be split into two groups. The concepts submitted thus far have a wide range of abilities which should fill out two parties nicely.

fnord
BARON
BARON

Post by fnord » Sun May 25, 2008 10:37 pm

Does that change your mind about BoED?
Image Frix/Male Pixie
Image was:Nayda/Female Human; now 'Laurai/Female Silver Dragon

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:39 pm

Hey Shai, two questions regarding items.

1. is it OK to carry the Amulet of Might Fists into epic progression?

2. What is your call on the Pariapt of Wound Closure interacting with Troll regeneration. Does it double it or do nothing?

Thanks!

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon May 26, 2008 12:10 am

1. Yes, the maximum bonus you can achieve is +17. The cost is Bonus^2 x 6,000gp (for +17 it would be 1,734,000gp)
  2. It doesn't seem to have any interaction with Troll regeneration.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Mon May 26, 2008 3:16 pm

What is the ruling on having previous spells cast on creatures permanantly? There is a spell or two that would be awesome to have cast on Nathan that just wouldn't end :)
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon May 26, 2008 4:38 pm

The cost of spellcasting is detailed in the PHB, Chapter 7, Equipment. Permanency is a 5th level spell, XP used in spellcasting adds 5x the number of XP used in gp. Use the caster level requirement in Permanency as the caster level both for the Permanency spell and the spell to be made Permanent.

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:05 pm

shai-hulud wrote:The cost is Bonus^2 x 6,000gp (for +17 it would be 1,734,000gp)
Don't forget the x10 epic premium, so +17 would be 17,340,000gp. The best I can get on that would be +12 at 8,640,000gp.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon May 26, 2008 10:08 pm

grepme2001 wrote:
shai-hulud wrote:The cost is Bonus^2 x 6,000gp (for +17 it would be 1,734,000gp)
Don't forget the x10 epic premium, so +17 would be 17,340,000gp. The best I can get on that would be +12 at 8,640,000gp.
Very true :)

Return to “{PbP} God-Slayers [ENDED]”