See post
No votes

Total votes: 9

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Improved Spell Capacity [Epic]

Post by shai-hulud » Thu May 22, 2008 1:00 pm

When I run across something in the rules I don't know, I will run it by you, the players, to determine how it works. My current debacle is the interpretation of the Improved Spell Capacity feat located: Here.

The issue is when a character has multiple classes that meet the prerequisites for Improved Spell Capacity, like a wizard 10/cleric 10/mystic theurge 10 has access to 9th level spells from both Wizard and Cleric. So, please vote:
  1. When the character takes Improved Spell Capacity, he gains a spell slot of a level equal to his highest level+1 in each class that qualifies for the feat. In the example above, the character would gain a 10th level spell slot for both Wizard and Cleric.
  2. When the character takes Improved Spell Capacity, he must select the class to which the benefit of Improved Spell Capacity is gained.
  3. I don't really know. Whatever the common opinion seems to be is fine with me.
  4. See post
This is a five-day poll. You may change your answer until the five days are up.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Re: Improved Spell Capacity [Epic]

Post by valinor » Thu May 22, 2008 1:11 pm

I had a huge discussion about this long ago with my players here in town. The way it reads is mainly for one category of spellcasting class. Means the player has to choose which spellcasting type will get it, either his arcane or divine or even psionic, not both nor all. Hope that helps a little.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: Improved Spell Capacity [Epic]

Post by shai-hulud » Thu May 22, 2008 1:39 pm

valinor wrote:I had a huge discussion about this long ago with my players here in town. The way it reads is mainly for one category of spellcasting class. Means the player has to choose which spellcasting type will get it, either his arcane or divine or even psionic, not both nor all. Hope that helps a little.
I understand the intent, but not the purpose. The prerequisites for the feat are not cheap. It requires the ability to cast (or manifest) the maximum level spells for your class. It seems very difficult to abuse this ability, even if it did apply to multiple classes. I am not asking for the correct interpretation. I am asking for what you all feel is the correct balance point. I don't know how I feel about it, so I leave it to you, my players, to decide. We can leave it as it was originally written (where you must choose the class to which it applies), or we can expand it (where it works for all classes which meet the prerequisites).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Return to “{PbP} God-Slayers [ENDED]”