[Poll] Continue the Game?

Like in real life, the circumstance of your birth are out of your control, but what you make of yourself after that is up to you. Welcome to the Wilderlands, where life is cheap, travel is dangerous and a strong sword arm is worth more than a purse full of gold!

What do you want to do?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:45 pm

I want another crack at the Dark Tower. I owe that Sheriff fella a good thrashing.
50%
I want to keep playing, but I want nothing more to do with that Dark Tower adventure. It is evil.
50%
You killed my beloved randomly-generated character, so I quit!
No votes

Total votes: 2

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

[Poll] Continue the Game?

Post by patransom » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:45 pm

As you may have noticed in the main story thread, the whole party is dead. Thus, a poll to decide whether this game ends or continues (after y'all roll up some new characters). And if it continues, what sort of challenge you want to face...

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Re: [Poll] Continue the Game?

Post by admin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:49 pm

Which system is to be used?
admin

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:18 am

Well, that depends... If it's Dark Tower, there would be a lot of conversion work for me to use PF, but I would be willing to consider it if there were strong player demand (like overwhelming majority). If it's not Dark Tower, then whatever rule system the players want.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:52 am

I voted for doing something other than Dark Tower, but I wouldn't mind giving it another try I suppose...

For rule system, I would be very happy sticking with 3.5
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:21 pm

I change my Vote im with Option 2 and as for Rules i would like 3.5 also change of class.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Okay. Duniagdra seems to be busy with RL, so I doubt we'll see a vote or comment from him. Unless I hear otherwise, I'm guessing he won't be continuing. The other two players have let their subscriptions lapse. So whatever Benji, rednetra, and admin decide is what we'll do. I will try to recruit about 1-3 additional players once we decide.

If I'm interpreting the comments above correctly, I see the following regarding what scenario to play:

Benji - Something other than Dark Tower, but maybe okay returning to Dark Tower
rednetra - Something other than Dark Tower
admin - ?

I see the following regarding rules set:

Benji - 3.5
rednetra - 3.5
admin - ? (but I suspect prefers PF)

Am I right? admin, what do you say? Will you play a 3.5 game that does not involve a return to the Dark Tower?

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:04 pm

i am like Benji we can keep going with the dark tower or new as for James he is planing on reuping his subscription or keeps telling me he is.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:28 pm

I know this is probably a bit selfish, but I've seen you do a Modern version of Age of Worms in Brave New Perearth. Would you be willing to do a normal 3.5 version of it, or would that be me being cheap?

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:58 pm

patransom wrote:admin - ? (but I suspect prefers PF)
correct - If I join a new game, it will not be 3.5 based. I'm thinking of starting a new PbP/Mission as soon as I have the APG done, so best not plan on my presence.

If you restart with a new scenario/adventure/gang, I can make the necessary forum section. I can also include an ad about it in the next Newsletter

admin

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Benji wrote:I know this is probably a bit selfish, but I've seen you do a Modern version of Age of Worms in Brave New Perearth. Would you be willing to do a normal 3.5 version of it, or would that be me being cheap?
Actually, the Modern Age of Worms became too much of a hassle for me (converting characters, figuring out how to translate the plot into modern terms) and I changed it over to a PF Age of Worms. It is still ongoing, so you're welcome to join that game as soon as the party reaches a point where a character could join (should be soon). Of course, it's PF, but the rules aren't that different than 3.5 and they're accessible on the internet.
admin wrote:If I join a new game, it will not be 3.5 based. I'm thinking of starting a new PbP/Mission as soon as I have the APG done, so best not plan on my presence.
So, if we were to do this one as a PF game, would you be interested in staying in?

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:14 pm

patransom wrote:
admin wrote:If I join a new game, it will not be 3.5 based. I'm thinking of starting a new PbP/Mission as soon as I have the APG done, so best not plan on my presence.
So, if we were to do this one as a PF game, would you be interested in staying in?
Please assume I'll not join at this time, irrelevant of the system used (I have entered no vote above!)
admin

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:52 pm

patransom wrote:
Benji wrote:I know this is probably a bit selfish, but I've seen you do a Modern version of Age of Worms in Brave New Perearth. Would you be willing to do a normal 3.5 version of it, or would that be me being cheap?
Actually, the Modern Age of Worms became too much of a hassle for me (converting characters, figuring out how to translate the plot into modern terms) and I changed it over to a PF Age of Worms. It is still ongoing, so you're welcome to join that game as soon as the party reaches a point where a character could join (should be soon). Of course, it's PF, but the rules aren't that different than 3.5 and they're accessible on the internet.
Oh right, that's cool. I know how to play PF, but I'm not a massive fan of it. Don't get me wrong, I will play it, I just prefer 3.5 :P

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Oh right, that's cool. I know how to play PF, but I'm not a massive fan of it. Don't get me wrong, I will play it, I just prefer 3.5 :P
I know PF a bit but i know 3.5 better so what ever you run im game. :thumb1:

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Sorry for my absence. At this time I will pass on this at this time.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:38 am

Okay. Benji and rednetra, I will continue this game as a 3.5 game and try to recruit some other players to join you.

I am thinking of running this game as an open sandbox type of game. I will plop your new characters in a random hex in the Wilderlands and let the party decide what to do from there. There are plenty of interesting plots and adventures to stumble upon in the Wilderlands, but I'm not going to force you into any of them. For example, if you want to help the villagers with their hill giant problem, fine. If you would rather not, also fine.

What do you think of that?

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:44 am

im cool with that. will we stay as our characters or change who we are.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:04 pm

New characters. If you want to get started, you can post your 15 d100 rolls (see the Character Creation post)

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:21 pm

are you allowing Dragon fire adept and what level will we be starting this time.

Return to “{PbP} The Veil of Ignorance {D&D3.5}”