Aboard the Wench's Arrow

Like in real life, the circumstance of your birth are out of your control, but what you make of yourself after that is up to you. Welcome to the Wilderlands, where life is cheap, travel is dangerous and a strong sword arm is worth more than a purse full of gold!
Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Re: [Active Thread] Aboard the Wench's Arrow

Post by Benji » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:27 am

[talk]Girls?[/talk] Mire says with a frown. [talk]I am not a girl. I am a Warrior. Little girls have no place being on a ship unsupervised.[/talk]
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:37 pm

[talk]Girls or lady's know one is happy with either. it is all semantics.[/talk]

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Volgen raised an eyebrow as he followed behind everyone at Mire's comment for a moment. He found it interesting that she would make such a declaration but, then again looking at her there was not reason for him to dispute her claim. He was unsure of her heritage but he was certain it most likely came from a strong people.
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:17 pm

The goblin smiles for the first time at being called a girl, not sure but mabe even a bit of a blush.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by smeltdm » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:54 pm

Straia turns and looks to Hela, Domasa, Mire, Sefra, Volgen and the young goblin
THINKING: still don'nt know her name. Maybe if I offer my sword hand to all.....and touch her I will then comprehend what the goblin is saying....
[talk]Sisters, and brother Volgen. Domasa is right about one thing, the sailors have been watching us. But I fear they are not fawning over us. I have traveled the seas as ships healer from the far north to these southern oceans, and the one constant of an all male crew, that I have noted, is their Superstitious Beliefs about it being bad luck having just one female on their ship. How many sisters are on board? By my count it is at least five, maybe six if my guess is right about our young goblin friend.[/talk]
Straia looks to Volgen......[talk]Brother Vogen, what say you? You have the sailor skills.......and must have spent a great deal of time at sea.[/talk]
[ooc]I think we’re all hear.....Not everyone has their User bar for The Veil of Ignorance on[/ooc]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:02 am

[ooc]You correctly identified all the PCs.[/ooc]

Below decks, the newly forming adventuring party finds the ship's cook. He is surly and reluctant to cook any sort of special meal, since he has many other duties, not being a full-time cook. A few words from Hela, however, and he changes his tune for some reason and agrees to cook up the seagull that Mirena caught. Soon the group is seated around a table in the cramped galley with a bowl in the middle containing the cooked bird. It is tough, stringy, and indifferently cooked, but at least it's something to gnaw on as the group discusses their plans.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:44 pm

Volgen nods, [talk]You speak truth, Lady Straia.[/talk] He looks to Mire then and also throws in, [talk]As is slaying a gull. Women are I'll luck as they distract the sailors and many men at sea believe seabirds carry the souls of sailors to the afterlife.[/talk] Oddly enough the normally brutish and growling Skandik lost some of that growl in his tone as he used what appeared to be intelligence and knowledge in an abnormally long statement for him. After he himself realizes that he kinda gives a bit of a grunt afterwards and resumes his normal growling tone, [talk]If you believe in such things.[/talk]
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:16 pm

If you are the perceptive sort, you realize Hela doesn't partake in the meal. A good sense motive might reveal that she is used to eating better and considers this food a bit beneath her. She hides this well however, and is nothing but smiles and chit chat.
-SM

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:47 pm

Domasa will start reaching into her bag and will start pulling out enough food for the group that has gathered. [talk]Figured we could all use a bit more food hope you don't mind.[/talk]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by smeltdm » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:01 pm

THINKING: What is the goblin saying. Not knowing what to call her/him is not good, Maybe if I touch her, then my spell will allow me to understand.

Straia, reaches into her backpack and produces a very old mug. She then moves to the Jug of Mead near the goblin, fills her mug. Straia reachs out to touch the goblin and says [talk]A toast to us all, and I would be honored to know thy names and of the lands from which you hail.....??[/talk] Straia speaks both in Elvish, Ghinoran. [talk]And so that you know that I don't mean to decieve you, I am Straia Allana, I hail from Ruti, in the Valley of the Ancients a Cleric to the Temple of Apollo, and I will plege my support to the healt and well being of our party.[/talk] Straia downs the mead and fills her mug hoping to toast again.

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:45 am

The goblin pulls back at the touch. She then mumbles[talk]”My name is Gratchl. I come from the region of Roglaroon in the city of Dart.[/talk] The last part she mumbles in such a way that you only get by listening very carefully. You realize she is not speaking a foreign language, just not used to speaking at all.
When eating she pockets some of the extra food, hoping no one notices. Some of which she will give to the dog.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Mire takes a bite of her captured bird, chews it for a bit and then chokes it down. [talk]Terrible.[/talk] She turns her attention to Volgen. [talk]Tell me, Sailor. Do the seas have red meat to be caught? Bird is not good.[/talk]

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:54 am

Volgen takes his own mug and raises it to Straia before downing it, [talk]I am Volgen Holdsson the Bear. I hail from the village of Vorsteria in Valon.[/talk] When he mentions his home his voice has a very slight inclination of a mixture of emotion of the place. He turns to Mire and says, [talk]If you can kill a whale with that bow of yers you're in luck. Otherwise you'll have to raid merchant vessels for your red meat and even then you'll have to know what she carries or it's luck of the draw.[/talk]

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Mire nods. [talk]Very well. I will go and ask the captain to find a whale or a vessel. Wait here.[/talk] She then starts to head topside.

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:03 pm

The goblin says[talk]”I never see whale, hope see one.”[/talk]

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:13 am

[talk]Name is Domasa Erawn Of Ludgates and i never wish to go back there. Have some of the Rations i have put out. it is meat even if a bit preserved.[/talk]

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:05 am

If you look closely you can see her holding a ring in her hand. [talk]I am Sefera Sotar and I am from Karak[/talk]
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:45 am

Volgen holds hand up and says, [talk]Wo, there, lass. The Wench's Arrow is not equipped for whaling nor is it's crew for pirating. We've nearly reached land anyway. And if fresh meat is something desire over preserved then perhaps you can purchase one of the horses above.[/talk]

Volgen nods and raises his mug to each as they introduce themselves.

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6

Post by kabkal » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:39 pm

The goblin almost looks like she is going to cry, [talk]"No see whale"[/talk]. She then moves over to some shadows and appears to disappear.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:39 pm

[talk]Mirena Aira. Call me Mire.[/talk] Mire says as she slumps back down in her seat. [talk]I hope we land soon. The sea is boring.[/talk]

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:29 pm

[talk]i am in agreement with miss Mirena this is a rather boring trip at sea but as we now have agreed to join together where do we go and what should we seek when we land. i know i have a few coins. i will also say that we never have to worry about food for my one item that gave us this food will feed up to 15 people a day. I can also offer us Shelter every night. My Gifts and fighting style is from a distance.[/talk]

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:44 pm

[talk]Whatever we choose to do, when we port I must wait for a sign from my order usually a wolf before I can continue.[/talk]

smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10

Post by smeltdm » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:48 pm

THINKING: I will be old and gray before we leave the port waiting for a wolf to appear......... [talk]Perhaps you will meet this wolf on the trail. I think it would be more likly than in a busy port.[/talk]

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by rednick90 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:19 pm

[talk]I was instructed to wait in the town, and wait I shall. It shouldn't take more than a couple days[/talk]

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Re: Aboard the Wench's Arrow

Post by scarymike23 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:36 pm

[ooc]Not sure if everyone has their subscriptions set up properly, so I figured a link to the new thread couldn't hurt.[/ooc]
-SM

Return to “{PbP} The Veil of Ignorance {D&D3.5}”