Shipwrecked!

Like in real life, the circumstance of your birth are out of your control, but what you make of yourself after that is up to you. Welcome to the Wilderlands, where life is cheap, travel is dangerous and a strong sword arm is worth more than a purse full of gold!
User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by patransom » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:14 pm

The Hunter wrote:[ooc]For Volgen's remaining move action.[/ooc]
Volgen plants his foot on the creature's body and pries his axe from it's exoskeleton. He looks to Straia to confirm that after she's freed she is still alive. With that confirmation he redirects his rage towards the newest foe and with an inhuman roar he charges the creature.
[ooc]What square is Volgen moving to?[/ooc]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by The Hunter » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:05 pm

[ooc]Sorry. Square 2320.[/ooc]
Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by rednetra » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Domasa will Fly too 1818 and Blast as many times as she can at the 3rd creep crawly thing. THINKING: Oh Blessed Eros please let my blast be true.
Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by kabkal » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Gratchl will wait until the larger beast comes out from the archway hiding as best she can.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by patransom » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Round 2 Continues

Volgen eliminates the scorpion holding Straia with one mighty swing. He then rushes forward at the remaining huge scorpion. As he runs through the range of the creature's claws, the beast snaps him with one [7 hp damage from the AoO], but does not manage to get hold of the raging Skandik [grapple check failed].

Round 3 Begins

Hela's gloves suddenly swell with light as blue star like bolts launch from her hand smacking solidly into the massive scorpion for significant damage.

Gratchl hides in the shadows of the castle wall, waiting for the scorpion to come out of the archway.

Domasa flies to where she has a clear line of sight at the creature and delivers an eldritch blast that fails to connect.

Straia lets loose a stream of foul incantations at the scorpion, then moves off to the side. The curse makes the creature much clumsier [save failed]

Seeing Volgen's devastating blows out of the corner of her eye, Mire refuses to let herself be outdone by a man. She flies into a rage of her own and steps forward to attack the bigger enemy. Her first attack bounces off the creature's thick shell, but her next two do considerable damage.

The creature, oozing yellowish insect blood, scuttles backwards in a slight retreat [5' step]. Then it turns its attention to the creature who injured it so badly and makes a full attack on Mirena. In spite of the curse, it hits her with both claws and its stinger [24 hp total, and Mirena needs a DC18 Fort save to avoid 5 CON damage].

[ae]Dashed red line shows the extent of Scorpion 3's reach
Glitterdust (yellow area): DC16 Will save or blinded, -40 to hide, 5 rounds left
Bless (everyone): +1 to attacks & saves vs fear, 7.8 minutes left
Haste (everyone): extra attack when making a full attack, +1 attack, +1 AC, +1 REF, +30' speed, 6 rounds left

Round 3 Continues
Volgen Holdsson (V) - raging, 5 rounds left
Round 4 Begins
Hela Boatfoot (H)
Gratchl (G) - hiding
Sparky (Gratchl's Dog, Sp)
Domasa Erawn (D)
Straia Allan (St) - 18 hp
Mirena Aira (M) - 55 hp, raging 8 rounds left, needs a DC18 Fort save to avoid 5 CON damage
Monstrous Scorpion 1 - DEAD
Monstrous Scorpion 2 – DEAD
Bigger Monstrous Scorpion 3 - 65 hp, blinded 5 rnds, cursed (-3 to attacks, saves, skill checks, and ability checks) 7.9 minutes
-----> Next Validation[/ae]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1889
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Straia moves to 2211 and touches Mirena channeling positive energy and casting Cure Serious Wounds.

[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by Benji » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Growling her thanks to Straia, Mire moves forward to 2417 and strikes out again.

Fortitude save:
[dice]0[/dice]

Power Attack (2)1:
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]

Damage 1:
[dice=totalonly]2[/dice]

Fire damage 1:
[dice=totalonly]3[/dice]

Power Attack (2) 2:
[dice=totalonly]4[/dice]

Damage 2:
[dice=totalonly]5[/dice]

Fire damage 2:
[dice=totalonly]6[/dice]

Haste Power Attack (2):
[dice=totalonly]7[/dice]

Haste damage:
[dice=totalonly]8[/dice]

Haste fire damage:
[dice=totalonly]9[/dice]
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by Benji » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Haste critical confirm:
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Haste critical damage:
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by rednetra » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:02 pm

Domasa will let off two eldrich blast at the large nasty
Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by scarymike23 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Feeling that the others have it well in hand, Hella conserves her resources and only cheers her companions on.
-SM

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by kabkal » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Gratchl will look for a way to keep in the shadows and move into a spot where she could attack next round if needed.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by The Hunter » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:47 am

Volgen looks at the glittering wall before him and grumbles under his breath something about hating magic before taking a 5-ft. step forward into square 2420 and waylaying the creature with his axe.

Will Save vs. Glitterdust [dice]0[/dice]

Greataxe Attack Hasted [dice]1[/dice]
Greataxe Damage Hasted [dice]2[/dice]

Greataxe Attack 1 [dice]3[/dice]
Greataxe Damage 1 [dice]4[/dice]

Greataxe Attack 2 [dice]5[/dice]
Greataxe Damage 2 [dice]6[/dice]
Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by patransom » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:00 am

Round 3 Continues

Volgen reluctantly steps forward into the glitterdust and is immediately blinded. Still, he swings at where he knows the scorpion to be. In spite of his impairment, he manages to connect with the giant vermin and lop off its claw. It falls to the ground, dead but still twitching and oozing ichor.

COMBAT ENDS

Mirena manages to shake off the effects of the scorpion venom. Within a few seconds, the glitterdust evaporates, the haste spell expires, and the barbarians calm down. The area around the sunken castle is now quiet. Beyond the open doors of the keep, a huge shadowy room can be seen.

[ae]Bless (everyone): +1 to attacks & saves vs fear, 7 minutes left
Straia Allan - 18 hp
Mirena Aira - 55 hp[/ae]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1889
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:47 am

smeltdm wrote:Straia moves to 2211 and touches Mirena channeling positive energy and casting Cure Serious Wounds.

[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]
[ooc]Just noticed error in this post. Straia moves to should read 2217.[/ooc]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by patransom » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:56 am

[ooc]Yes. I didn't validate that because the combat ended. Presumably, Straia still wants to do the healing, though, so...[/ooc]

Straia moves over and heals Mirena.

[ae]Bless (everyone): +1 to attacks & saves vs fear, 7 minutes left
Straia Allan - 18 hp damage
Mirena Aira - 39 hp damage[/ae]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1889
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:47 pm

Straia looks to the wounded and casts Cure Moderate Wounds on Mirena Aira.
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Straia burns one of her Delay Poison spells and casts another Cure Moderate Wounds on herself.
[dice=totalonly]1[/dice]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by Benji » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:19 am

Breathing heavily, Mirena thanks Straiar for the healing before wheeling on Volgen. [talk]You stole my kill.[/talk]
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by The Hunter » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:09 am

Volgen turns to MIrena, his eyes still adjusting to being able to see again, the slightest of smiles comes across his face and he gives a shrug in response.
Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by scarymike23 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:10 am

[talk]Once everyone's wounds are addressed, I'm anxious to head inside[/talk], says Hela.
-SM

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by Benji » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Growling, Mire leads the way.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1889
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Straia cast Magic Vestment on her Elven Chain before moving on. [talk]Does anyone need more healing? If not I'm ready![/talk]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by rednetra » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:55 am

Domasa moves to 2818 and looks into the darkness with out a problem
Image

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2825
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by kabkal » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:57 am

Gratchl will stay in the shadows scouting ahead. She will try to get in front of the fighters so she could warn them if there are any dangers. If the fighters move faster than her she will just stay in the shadows in case there is any danger.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by patransom » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:38 am

After some healing, the party moves forward to investigate the castle. The interior of the keep is now just one big chamber, littered with rubble and wooden debris. Whatever furnishings or interior structures were once here have been destroyed, probably to make scorpion nest materials. The only thing that remains is a huge stone throne on the far wall facing the entrance to the keep. Above the throne is a large tarnished bronze plaque with unfamiliar runes etched upon it. On the floor in front of the throne is a square metal grating covering the entry to stairs leading down into the ground.

[ae]Bless (everyone): +1 to attacks & saves vs fear, 6.7 minutes left
Mirena Aira - 19 hp damage[/ae]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by rednetra » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:29 pm

as Domasa looks into the room will use his detect Magic ability.
Image

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1889
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:32 pm

smeltdm wrote:Straia cast Magic Vestment on her Elven Chain before moving on. [talk]Does anyone need more healing? If not I'm ready![/talk]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Missing Magic Vestment on Straia

 

Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by The Hunter » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:21 am

Volgen, wary of the room, keeps his axe at the ready.

Listen check [dice]0[/dice]
Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6182
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by patransom » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:14 am

Domasa does not find any magic auras. Volgen does not hear anything.

[ae]Bless (everyone): +1 to attacks & saves vs fear, 6.6 minutes left
Straia Allan - Magic Vestment 8 hrs left
Mirena Aira - 19 hp damage[/ae]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by scarymike23 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:33 am

Hela walks up the bronze plaque and begins to study it. [talk]Someone please take a look at that grate, make sure nothing is going to pop out at me! is it held shut or easily removable?[/talk]

After realizing she cannot read the plaque, Hela casts Comprehend Languages. She then gently reaches up and runs her fingers across the writing.
-SM

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1889
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:14 pm

Seeing Hela moving towards the large tarnished bronze plaque Straia follows to examine the plaque and the area around it.
THINKING: I wonder if Dolgrin was ever here.

Knowledge: Arcana
[dice]0[/dice]
Knowledge: History
[dice]1[/dice]
Knowledge: Planes
[dice]2[/dice]
Knowledge: Religion
[dice]3[/dice]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} The Veil of Ignorance {D&D3.5}”