Shipwrecked!

Like in real life, the circumstance of your birth are out of your control, but what you make of yourself after that is up to you. Welcome to the Wilderlands, where life is cheap, travel is dangerous and a strong sword arm is worth more than a purse full of gold!
rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by rednick90 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:54 pm

[talk]Would you be so kind as to carry this over for me?[/talk] Talking to Domassa and holding out what seems an empty back pack. she will then start to swim across.

[ooc]she will also take 10.[/ooc]
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Straia seeing that no ones too keen on the idea of going further upstream.......[talk]Don't you all think we should scout the far shore before we all start jumping in[/talk]
Straia looks to Domasa......[talk]Maybe you could fly Gratchl over to the far shore let her scout the area a bit, just to make sure we don't get caught in the open unawares.[/talk]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by kabkal » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:07 am

Gratchl is happy for a lift so as not to swim in this. She is also happy to scout where ever you would like her to go.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4204
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by rednetra » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Domassa will take the empty backpack then smile putting out her hands [talk]Gratchl thank you for Flying Domassa Air. please keep hand and legs in the ride at all times.[/talk] then will fly up about 60 or so feet then across over the river THINKING: Straia might have a point so lets Fly high enough that something might not spring out of the river.then after getting over will lower Gratchl on the ground [talk]it was my honor being your pilot today. please fly again on Domassa travel. now all kidding aside. i can say invisible next to you for backup on your scouting if you wish. or fly over your head invisible again to not let you off alone strength in numbers.[/talk]
Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by scarymike23 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:59 am

[talk]I've got this potion, infused with the magics of flying if needed, although I'm loath to give up the resource if its not necessary.[/talk]

[ooc]Unless anyone speaks up that they need the potion, Hela will begin swimming across. taking 10, giving her a 10. She will keep the potion of fly in her hand, in case an emergency pops up[/ooc]
-SM

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by The Hunter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:39 am

Volgen stands and waits as others scout and decide how they are going to get across. By the look of the river he has swam more difficult waters when he was a lad. He'll hang back to be the last to make sure that if someone does start to have problems he'll be able to aid.
Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Straia looks to Volgen, then at the water then back at Volgen [talk]You may want to keep an eye on me. I'v never swam this far before. I'm ready to jump in as soon as we get the ok to go......[/talk]

[ooc]Taking 10 would be a result of 10.[/ooc]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by The Hunter » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Volgen nods to Straia and says, [talk]I'll not let you drown, Lady Straia.[/talk]
Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6180
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by patransom » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:54 pm

The party crosses the river without incident. Even Straia, in spite of her concern over her swimming ability, makes it across after a bit of effort. The group continues moving north along the coast and soon passes through an area where a large forest grows close to the shoreline. Keeping close to the beach, the party keeps a close eye out for anything that might be lurking in the trees, but manages to pass through the region unmolested. The land to the northwest opens up into plains again and some rugged-looking hills can be seen further west. It has been a full eight hours of marching now, so the party decides to make camp.

However, as the sun begins to set, some lights can be seen atop a certain hill to the west-northwest. The lights are stationary and flickering. Thus, they could indicate a settlement, castle, or other encampment of civilization.

What to do? Should the party abandon their plan to camp here and press on overnight, risking fatigue to reach the unknown lights? Or should they rest and try to make for the location by memory in the morning? Or should they ignore the lights to the west and continue north in the morning, knowing from the sail down that there is certainly a village along the coast?

[ooc]The black on the map is to hide areas you weren't able to see as you traveled. You're at the green dot, about to make camp. The lights are at the location of the square in the hills to the west.[/ooc]

[ae]Domasa Erawn - Fell Flight, See the Unseen[/ae]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by kabkal » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:11 pm

Gratchl says [talk]"We should stay here, but we cannot light any thing as they would be able to see us if we can see them. We should either try to figure where the lights are and go there in the day, or wait 24 hours and go in under the cover of night."[/talk]
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by Benji » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:26 am

[talk]You think too much.[/talk] Mire says. [talk]Bandits wouldn't camp on top of a hill. We will be safe to go there and get some good food.[/talk]
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4204
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by rednetra » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:05 am

[talk]I would say as none of us had a good night sleep last night and we have been marching for well i to the day that we pop the tent take watches and go up during the day. As it has been about 24 hours i can also creat enought MRE for the us all and maybe set some kind of traps also around the tent or either animals for a hearty meal innthe moring or anyone of thing we might not spot. As i also can see in the dark and invisabke creaturs i will take a middle watch not being a true spell caster and needing a full night or restfull sleep[/talk]
Image

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by The Hunter » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:02 am

Volgen looks towards the lights and to the rest of the group. He personally would be interested in going and investigating and would march on into the night but, he acknowledges the fact that he is not alone. [talk]I'll take first watch if we decide to stay.[/talk] He decides to leave the decision to the women.
Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by scarymike23 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:07 am

[talk]I say we camp, but look for the settlement tomorrow. Its to dangerous to travel this path with no sleep.[/talk]
-SM

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by Benji » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:09 pm

Mire grumbles to herself. [talk]Fine. I'm on first watch.[/talk]
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:07 pm

[talk]Bandits or not[/talk] Straia says [talk]None of us are well equiped to travel through the wilds when only two of our party has mounts. We should rest for the night and keep watch for what lies to the west for the night, but in the morning we need to keep moving to the north along the coast and seek transport to Tlan.[/talk] Straia then says to no one in paticular [talk]I will pray for guidance as to which path would be better for party[/talk] Straia then moves of to the side of the group and starts an incantation.....

[ooc]Straia will cast Divination and share what is reveled to the group[/ooc]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Straia has an answer, of sorts. If anyone is listening they hear her whisper...........

[whisper]When faced with a complex test,
Such as choosing which path is best?
Even gods may be sorely pressed
Both Pan and Astraea cry "west"
While Hermes urges north, at Poseidon's behest[/whisper]

Straia turns and calls out........[yell]Poseidon, you will not have my soul on the tomorrows dawn or any other day[/yell]

Now turning calmly to the group........ [talk]We should go west tomorrow and I will take the second watch[/talk] Straia moves off to the tent to sleep.
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

rednick90
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:35 am
Location: Grand Haven, MI/ Chicago, IL

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by rednick90 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:01 am

As the group is deciding what to do a wolf wanders into camp and walks right up to Sefera. [talk]This is the wolf I was to wait for. It is fortunate he found us on this trail considering the wreck.[/talk] She will pull the wolf to the side and question it as to what it found on its journey to the island.
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner

kabkal
Divine Rank 6
Divine Rank 6
Posts: 2821
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by kabkal » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:08 am

Gretchl hopes she does not have to take a turn at watch, she quietly finds a place to sleep.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
Image Gerbull: Tortle Barbarian

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6180
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by patransom » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:53 am

Domasa sets up her magic tent, which will provide shelter for the entire group, and provides food for the whole group from her magic box. Straia asks her god for guidance and receives an answer that she has an obvious strong opinion about. The wolf that Sefera's been waiting for shows up rather unexpectedly. She takes it aside, apparently to talk to it.

The group decides on watch schedules and settles in to camp for the night.

[ooc]Because deciding group logistics (length of watches, who's on when) is not really a fun party of the game, I'd prefer to handwave that part. If something happens in the night, I'll just roll randomly to determine whose watch it's on. We won't worry about whether it happens to be the first watch or the last.

The only issue in this case is that Gratchl, RP-wise, has indicated she's going to try to avoid taking a watch. You guys can decide how to handle that (e.g., someone wakes her up and insists it's her turn OR someone decides to let her sleep and covers her watch OR no one notices/bothers about the issue and everyone except Gratchl takes equal watches). That will determine whether I include Gratchl in any random "whose watch" rolls. It won't matter for any other game-mechanical purposes.

So, give me at least one more post each about that and/or anything else you want to do before resting, and I'll proceed from there.

rednick90: I'll PM you with the wolf's report sometime today or tomorrow.[/ooc]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by Benji » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:00 pm

[ooc]Mire wouldn't really care about Gratchl not taking a watch. She hasn't seen anyone in action yet, so as far as she's concerned they're all potential liabilities. She would have stayed on watch all night if she didn't need the rest.[/ooc]
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:07 pm

[ooc]At this early stage Straia would not think much about Gratchl not taking a watch, as she only needs two hours sleep to be fully rested and would seek to aid those on watch. However if it were to interfere with her pre dawn morning prays, she would have a problem and would wake Gratchi to carry her fair share of the watch.

patransom: I'll PM you my next days spells when dawn arrives or sooner if you prefer.[/ooc]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by The Hunter » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:08 am

[ooc]Volgen cares little about who's taking a watch so long as he does at some point in time.[/ooc]

Volgen looks at the tent and provisions that Domasa has provided everyone and shakes his head to himself. He instead goes about find his own provisions and setting his own sleeping situation up. If it's not raining and it does not seem as though it will through the night then he'll not worry about shelter and instead focus on making a simple bedding area.

Survival Check (1d20+10=18)
Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI USA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by scarymike23 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:01 am

[talk]I'll take whatever watch you want me to.[/talk]

[ooc]Hela doesn't even notice someone not taking a watch.[/ooc]
-SM

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4204
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by rednetra » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:16 pm

[ooc]Domasa will also like Mire at this point about the watches being all even as she does not need a uninterrupted sleep. She will stay flying over the tent turning ever so offten keeping a turret watch so to speak.[/ooc]
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6180
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by patransom » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:16 am

[ooc]Sorry for the delay, very busy work week...[/ooc]

The party manages to rest through the night without interruption. After dawn arrives, the lights in the hills to the west are no longer visible, although you're all fairly certain you know what direction they were coming from.

Sefera looks like she might have received some information, strangely enough, from the wolf that arrived last night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4204
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by rednetra » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:41 am

Domasa will pack up her tent and give out anything left from the trail rations from her box [talk]so do we hick up and figure out who they are or stay to the beach so to speak.[/talk]
Image

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Straia chimes in [talk]I say we take the most direct route to were we saw the lights[/talk]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4204
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by rednetra » Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:51 pm

[talk]Do you wish me to fly up there invisable it is the most direct route.[/talk]
Image

User avatar
smeltdm
Divine Rank 10
Divine Rank 10
Posts: 1887
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Leesburg, VA

Re: [Active Thread] Shipwrecked!

Post by smeltdm » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:43 pm

[talk]That might be for you but not the rest of us, and it appears to be a long way. Perhaps it would be better if you could scout out the most direct route for us on the ground from the air.[/talk]
Image Evan Prost: Halfling/Rogue

Image
Nilrem: Human Wizard/Sorcerer

Image Belor Fletcher Human Cleric of Abadar

“I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.” – HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} The Veil of Ignorance {D&D3.5}”