Character concepts here please

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Character concepts here please

Post by draconas » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:46 pm

At the moment I am still looking for character concepts, not TOS+ files.

I've had a few on the announcements forum.

Concept doens't have to be immensely detailed, just who you are, what you are, where you come from and why you should have the honour of having your brains bashed out in my arena.

In the first run through the area I will give prioirty to:
Most interesting and unusual characters, show me some of the stuff we never see!
Richard if he wants to play
Experienced players, especially the small legion of DM's we now have

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:00 pm

Hmm. maybe a re-working of Corriander is in order here. I will see what I can do. mwahahahahaha

AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by AlGromHerrit » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:15 pm

Ok this is sounding like something I was planning on working on for one shot game nights. I was planning on calling it something like D&D Survivor. Party VS DM whose job is to kill you. How long you survive depends on how smart you play.

Ok well here is a concept, I have to do some flushing out to make it work but it should survive for a while. I would need to do some work on magic items and what not but the basics are there.

Name: The Lost Soul (He will not use his original name "Norkul" since he has fallen)

He was on a quest for his lord and was captured and made into an undead. The necromancer then forced him to kill the lord and his family. Norkul was able to break the necromancers control eventually and proceeded to take his revenge. He has wondered the realms ever since tying to erase the stain on his honor. He is hoping that by winning the Great game he will find favor with a higher power and will be restored to his former self.

Umbral Human or Elf Fighter/warlock.
5 lvls of Umbral template
5 lvls of fighter/warlock

Or I think a friend has a Medusa that fits in 10 lvls.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:49 pm

Where is the umbral template from?

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:10 pm

draconas wrote:Where is the umbral template from?
Google said Libris Mortis ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libris_Mortis

R

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Libris Mortis Page 128 (Umbral Creature)

On another note,

I think I would like to throw a Nice sized creature into the ring instead of using Corriander here. I would like to use a Half Ogre Barbarian/Cleric (Half Ogre is from RoD). Anyone willing to help me do a Gestalt Class for this?

Edit: Forgot supposed to be gestalt (doh).
Last edited by klakxor on Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:25 pm

Name: (in the works)
Race: Elf

Description: Originally just a street rat, he was taken in by a monk who wished to prove a point to an arrogant student: "Any man can come to greatness, no matter their birth-right."

The elf trained hard, taking on the challenges of a strict, martial lifestyle, even adopting his own knowledge from growing up an orphan. His knowledge and skills grew quickly, thus proving to the old monk that birth-right meant very little.

Ultimately, he left the monestary and sought out a life for himself when he was attacked and overrun by a band of slavers.

He awakes to find himself fully clothed for combat, and shackled to a chair...

Monk/Fighter or monk/warrior (which may or may not include a prestige class, I have yet to decide)
Image Rain Talayan
ImageAndraes Grey & Kain Canterbury
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:53 pm

Name: Xian
Race: Xill
Class and Level: Monk/Rogue 1 level each
Background: Xian was summoned to these lands by a Necromancer of unwielding power, Xian is cunning though and managed to escape when the necromancer was traveling to other realms for more specimens. As cunning as he was, he managed to fall into a hunters trap while searching for food. He was knocked unconscious and drugged once the hunter saw what he had caught.

Xian was brought into town and caught they eye of a slaver who was trying to acquire a poor soul to enter into a tournament of some sort, he was enthusiastically purchased for a hefty sum and awoke to find himself behind a magical barrier inside a cage. From his cage, his only view is that of a training ground where men and beast fight to the death. Being an evil creature and one skilled in fighting himself, he became intrigued.

Though he has not yet spoken in common, he can and understands that the man who bought him wishes to enter him in something similar to what he watches daily and Xian cannot wait for the chance to kill.
Last edited by LinusMundane on Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:10 pm

[Removed by Catalyst because it breaks the no psionics rule. Sorry, I keep forgetting the Giths are psionic]
Last edited by Catalyst on Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:13 pm

Name: In the works
Class: Warlock/Monk
Race: Half Dragon/Hald winged elf

background all he knows is wakeing up in the arean and read to fight he lives for the next battel.

OR

IM leaning with this one

Name: Obaron
Race:Pixie
Class: Monk/Sorcercr

He was outcasted by his kind for wanting to wage war and battel at all times he has traved all over looking for the next battel till he heard of this place and wnated to be the last standing.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:40 pm

Name: Ogie
Race: Half Ogre
Class: Barbarian/Cleric

Having faith has brought Ogie (a nickname born unto him because of his ogre heritage) into a lot of battles.

Following the leads of the barbarian tribe he was raised in, he took to the battlefield young and hungry for blood. He quickly climbed through the ranks as others he fought with fell to the wayside.

As he raged htrough the battlefield, he must have come across some planar rift and was set apart from his tribe, ending up in this strange arena. With hopes to get out and return to his tribe, he will fight to whatever end he must to survive.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:04 pm

AlGromHerrit wrote: Umbral Human or Elf Fighter/warlock.
Hmmm not keen on the umbral template, especially as it whacks 2 stats (in a point buy system). also it cannot be applied to a human or an elf and it blats class-based hitdice.

Medusa I like. Given I can't see one in the monster description I am assigning it a +1 level adjustment ontop of its 6 racial hitdice, allowing for 3 class levels. Its ability adjustments are STR +0, CON+2 DEX +4, INT +2, WIS +2, CHA +4. It gets all the abilities listed in the monster entry, including the 3 feats (which are from its monster hitdice) the save DC for the petrification is 13+CHA poison is 13+CON
Last edited by draconas on Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:35 pm

Catalyst wrote:[Removed by Catalyst because it breaks the no psionics rule. Sorry, I keep forgetting the Giths are psionic]
Cat, I forogt that killed a load of playable races, am happy with a gith character, I will treat its inbuilt psionics as spell like abilities.
Will update the characters page to say no psionic classes.
Last edited by draconas on Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:52 pm

klakxor, sounds fun

rednetra, I would be happy with either of those characters

LinusMundane: you would need to pick a second class to gestalt to, you would have 2 characters levels (I would say an Xill is ECL +2, unless anyone wants to argue different)

Catalyst Happy with the elf, see the above post about a gith.

Catalyst
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Catalyst » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:09 pm

Good to hear. Now, to wrack my brain to remember what I wrote.

I'll come up with it for you a little later.
Image Rain Talayan
Image Kal'Tathel
ImageNathan Snow

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:12 pm

Catalyst wrote:nd to fill the request for something a bit different...

Name: Blue, because pronouncing his name would be near impossible
Race: Githzerai
Class: Ninja/Sorcerer

Borne to a race built on strength and honor, Blue was always an outcast. His knack for stealth and lack of concern for a fair fight was always a bone of contention between him and the monestary leader.

Eventually, his care-free attitude earned him exile from the monestary and out into Limbo. Unfortunatly, the Slaadi chased him from there, and sent him to the Material Plane.

He made a living for a few years as a thief and killer, until he was captured in an assassination attempt on a nobleman. The nobleman's gaurds unmasked him and were shocked. The mottle-skinned man had no nose, sharp features, and yellow eyes. For fear that he was a lepper, they drove him out of the manor with spears and sent him sprawling into the gutter.

He found a flyer in the gutter next to where he landed "Experienced combatants wanted. We're looking for the best, the cream of the crop. Rewards for the winners, death for the losers."

Blue stood and brushed himself off.

"Rewards for the winners? Death for the losers? Well.. one way or the other, it'll solve my life's problems."

He followed the directions, hoping maybe this time, luck would at least smirk at him, as he knew a smile would be too much to ask.
Thankfully, it was still in by browser cache, I like it as a character concept.
Last edited by draconas on Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:45 pm

Cross-posting from the announcements forum:

I'm interested. This game seems perfect for Tanith "The Tempest" Tingunn, a character who made appearances in two PbP games here: the long since defunct Demon Hunters and the pre-reset Madragar campaign. I never got to use her in a real fight and she's mad about that.

Depending on her incarnation, Tanith was either a Barbarian/Favored Soul of Gyrax or a Barbarian/Favored Soul/Stormlord of Talos. As a gestalt character, I imagine she would be a Barbarian/Favored Soul --> Stormlord/Frenzied Berserker or something.

Tanith's brief background:
Tanith was born to a nomadic tribe in <insert place here>. From a young age, she displayed great strength and a warrior's prowess. In battle, her ferocity at first earned her respect from her people. She showed no mercy for her foes, never ceasing until all were anihilated. Reaching her teens, however, she began manifesting strange powers. Along with this came an utter disdain for strategy or following orders. Her violence, unpredictable behavior, and dark powers ultimately led her tribe to fear her.

Thus, Tanith has become an outcast. Now she wanders the lands in search of powerful foes to test her mettle. And crush their skulls after she kills them.

Tanith's personality is loud and brash. She likes to cause trouble. She is fascinated by people who are good with weapons, especially really destructive weapons. She tends to ignore or overlook people who seem small, weak, or who are serious or devoted. She has a tendency not to use people's names.

Tanith has recently become aware that her "powers" are, in fact, a manifestation of some deep connection to <insert appropriate Deity of Chaos here>. She revels in this, because destruction suits her, but keeps it a secret. She remembers well how her tribe disowned her. And she has learned that the civilized peoples are even more fearful and less approving of <insert deity here>.

Lord Silvermore's arena seems a perfect place for Tanith!
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:25 pm

draconas wrote: LinusMundane: you would need to pick a second class to gestalt to, you would have 2 characters levels (I would say an Xill is ECL +2, unless anyone wants to argue different)
Added a 2nd class.

AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by AlGromHerrit » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:36 pm

Ok good catch on the race I was looking at all the other stuff and missed that part since it was in the text. So even if i fix the race no umbral . :( Oh well. Ill take a look at the medusa and see if I can figure something out. Or I could us a ch that I’m currently playing in a table top game. Pixie Rouge. Think Fairy Godfather. Yea I know its wrong. I would have to do a bunch of work to gestalt it and redo the stats, and take it to 10th lvl(currently its 5th), but shouldn’t be a prob

draconas wrote:
AlGromHerrit wrote: Umbral Human or Elf Fighter/warlock.
Hmmm not keen on the umbral template, especially as it whacks 2 stats (in a point buy system). also it cannot be applied to a human or an elf and it blats class-based hitdice.

Medusa I like. Given I can't see one in the monster description I am assigning it a +1 level adjustment ontop of its 6 racial hitdice, allowing for 3 class levels. Its ability adjustments are STR +0, CON+2 DEX +4, INT +2, WIS +2, CHA +4. It gets all the abilities listed in the monster entry, including the 3 feats (which are from its monster hitdice) the save DC for the petrification is 13+CHA poison is 13+CON

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:12 pm

Name: Elanolt Badniin
Race: Grey Elf
Classes: Rogue/Wizard 3, Fighter/Wizard 2, Daggerspell Mage/Invisible Blade 5
History: Trained from birth in the noble art of wizardry, Elanolt loved learning. He especially loved studying the espionage of the lesser races. At the age of seven, he developed his first trap. He brought it in for show-and-tell, as he was far too noble to utilize his knowledge for the mundane purposes of deception.

Over the years, Elanolt grew powerful. His skills of diplomacy were mostly book-learned, as he was not a likable fellow, yet he soon found himself in a position of authority. His unpleasant disposition gave quick rise to death threats. He continued his wizardly studies while also participating in martial combat lessons. Surprisingly, he excelled in that area, as well.

Unlike the majority of his classmates who attempted to learn to cast their arcane spells while wearing armor, Elanolt shunned armor, preferring to use his intellect to improve his defenses. Before he knew it, he was asked to join the elite ranks of the Invisible Blades! As a blade, he wrote a treatise on imbuing arcane power into daggers. His two daggers are somewhat legend, as they have defeated countless opponents of far greater skill. But, that is another story!
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:09 pm

Just a Summary, as much for my benefit as everyone elses

LinusMundane
Xill
Monk/Rogue

rednetra
Half Dragon/Hald winged elf
Warlock/Monk
(where is winged elf from please?)

Pixie
Monk/Sorcerer

Klakxor
Half Ogre
Barbarian/Cleric

Patransom
Human?
Barbarian/Favored Soul

Catalyst has withdrawn due to no TOS+ and Shai is making characters for the fun of it....
anybody else I've missed please speak up.

Those who have races with level I suggest having a gander at Shais point about how gestalt interacts with level adjustment which is on the questions thread on this forum.

Nerw year update form me: the building work overran (shock shock horror horror) so I still have no access to real books. Builder will be back to finish things up in a week or so, I am at this point still intending to run the game.
Though I would say, so far pretty much all classes have come from the core books, though we do have an interesting variety of races. There are a world of extra classes to explore (Incarnum and Tome of Battle to name 2 sources).

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:09 pm

Since really reading this i have come up with a werid Combo i think

sowrdsage/warlock race Warforge i was built to battle i do not care how or why.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:12 am

Quick update:
I am mostly back in my room at the moment but work and life have been crazy these last few weeks and we have a building inspector coming round and my landlord is panicing about the state of the house (old house, 4 single men, lot of building work been done, go figure....) so I am expecting to be busy for the next week or 2. Have not forgotten.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

That's one bad m*th... WATCH YO' MOUTH!

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Race
Goliath (RoS,56)

Class
5 levels of Warblade/Wizard
5 levels of Abjurant Champion/Warblade

Special
The character is based on the principles of the Powerful Build trait combined with *both* Combat Brute and Shock Trooper tactical feats (CoW110,112). The character is both a power attacking front line melee tank mixing in martial maneuvers, and a caster with plenty of versatility whether buffing or blasting.

The gestalt rules prohibit leveling in two prestige classes at once, if that condition is disregarded the character would have another prestige class to go with the abjurant champion.

-Alpha
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:13 pm

I don't recall that rule at all but I do know that a goliath has a level adjustment so you may only have 9 levels of classes.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:08 pm

Unearthed Arcana pg73 wrote:A gestalt character can't combine two presitge classes at any level, although it's okay to combine a prestige class and a regular class. Prestige classes that are essentially class combinations such as...should be prohibited if you're using gestalt classes...
sorry, forgot about the LA :shock: ...

5 levels warblade/wizard
4 levels warblade/abjurant champion

-Alpha
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:36 pm

cans omeone on here program the swordsage/warlock in the sheet

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:41 am

a bit of a change:

Race:
shifter

Class:
5 warblade/scout
2 weretouched master/warshaper
3 weretouched master/bloodclaw master

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:56 pm

Ok, I have:

LinusMundane
Xill
Monk/Rogue

rednetra
Pixie
Monk/Sorcerer

Klakxor
Half Ogre
Barbarian/Cleric

Patransom
Human?
Barbarian/Favored Soul

MonkeyAlpha
Goliath
Warblade/Wizard

Shifter
Warblade/Scout

I have updated the rules with what houserules I intend to have in effect.
I have a room, and I have spent this afternoon thinking up the first 10 or so rounds. I strongly advise everyone to check the background/rules post.

So far in that list are 5 players, one with 2 concepts. Monkeyalpha i would expect you to pick one of the pair.

Given I am now prepared to start. Everyone has until next weekend (Sunday 10th February) To give me more concepts or change, I will then pick from that. Aim is to start the game end of feb/beginning of march.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:50 am

Clarification:
On 10th february I will amke a decision on which characters based on the concepts that have been posted here. anybody else who wishes to play please post your character concept, anybody with an existing concept that wants to change their mind and have a new one has until then to post it.

Return to “{PbP} The Arena Original Game: Main party”