Character Sheets here

Post by draconas » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:19 pm

Title says it all really.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Re: Character Sheets here

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:34 pm

Well, here is your first to review. Ogie the Half Ogre Barbarian Cleric.

Let me know what I messed up.

Fixed Greataxe of Speed (no plus 2)

Added Amulet of Nat armor, wand of cure mod and some more potions

Also corrected rage formula in the class I set up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by klakxor on Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:56 am

Ok I think I got it this time. For your review.
File removed for moderator sanity.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:39 pm

LinusMundane wrote:Ok I think I got it this time. For your review.
I don't think you have, for a start your xill appears as a level 6 character
Next the character status section says that you have overspent your skill points by 30.

While I'm at it the repeating Xbow is an exotic weapon for which you lack proficiency feat for.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:15 pm

I believe I uploaded the wrong one, however, skills aside. He is that level because he actually has an ECL of 10 due to being a monstrous race. We actually talked about this before and you told me to use a negative HD to balance out but I suppose I can keep the HD and use gestalt level of 1 and still have the ECL of 10. Originally I was playing it as multi classed and that was an issue.

File removed for moderator sanity.,
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:41 pm

Here's Tanith. Stab. Stab. Kill. Kill.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

An unwilling gladiator to the masses.

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:53 pm

There be shifters 'ere
Rhaz al-Ghol.tos
*EDITED* Updated 2/27... FINISHED!!
Last edited by MonkeyAlpha on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:18 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:51 am

LinusMundane wrote:I believe I uploaded the wrong one, however, skills aside. He is that level because he actually has an ECL of 10 due to being a monstrous race. We actually talked about this before and you told me to use a negative HD to balance out but I suppose I can keep the HD and use gestalt level of 1 and still have the ECL of 10. Originally I was playing it as multi classed and that was an issue.
Ahhh
The sheet handily already has a LA of 4 for a Xill... Had i checked on the sheet as well as the srd websage in the first place life would ahve been a lot easier, i never said nor meant for you to balence things using negative HD, but i did pick an inccorect (and too generous) LA.

Right By default a Xill has 5HD and a level adjustment of +4. Thus you should have all 5HD and 1 level of fighter/rogue making ECL 10.

I do think this is a bad choice for a gestalt game as you only get 1 level of classes, so if you wanted to change to another race (but keep the fighter or monk/rogue classes) I won't mind. If you do want to stick with the Xill I will look at it and all the others either tonight or friday.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:52 am

MonkeyAlpha (and anyone else who has used the Magic Item Compendium) can you please give me the page numbers of what your items are. I am not too fussed about other sourcebooks as they usually onyl have a few pages of items for me to check but the MIC is rather large.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:52 am

This is what was posted, the only way I saw to accomplish this was to take -HD.
LinusMundane: you would need to pick a second class to gestalt to, you would have 2 characters levels (I would say an Xill is ECL +2, unless anyone wants to argue different)
Now that said, I am fine with keeping it as is with 1 level of gestalt. I have a lot of ideas in my head already and my heart is set on this xill. Looking at his stats, hes not that bad aside from HP's so as long as I can keep him from getting hit, we're good.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:13 am

draconas wrote:MonkeyAlpha (and anyone else who has used the Magic Item Compendium) can you please give me the page numbers of what your items are. I am not too fussed about other sourcebooks as they usually onyl have a few pages of items for me to check but the MIC is rather large.
Tanith's one MIC item has the page reference in the weapon description, but it's rather small text if you look at it on the FRONT page, so here it is: p. 50.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Magic Item Compendium Items

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Ring of Adamantine Touch p121
Skirmisher Boots p136
Scout's Headband p132
Lesser Clasp of Energy Protection p24
Healing Belt p110

-Alpha
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:31 am

I will be doing the inital look through of all submitted sheets tonight.

Pat sorry for the delay, but I will be wanting to start both groups off at the same time, You'll see why later.

And does anyone know how to get the grid to overlay on top of everything else in Autorealm? It's driving me nuts.
Getting Fractal mappers grid to appear readably is just as difficult and it won't work later on. Numbering I can handl,e if i can get the sodding grid to overlay.

Difficulties:
Coming up with campaign idea: Gladitor game, utter cop out: 1
Thinking about whether presented characters would work: 2
Coming up with appropreate challenges: 6 (hell I've probably screwed this one up)
Coming up with appreate different arenas to compliment the battle: 4
Making mapping software do what I want it to: 10!

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:26 am

draconas wrote:I will be doing the inital look through of all submitted sheets tonight.

Pat sorry for the delay, but I will be wanting to start both groups off at the same time, You'll see why later.
No worries
draconas wrote:And does anyone know how to get the grid to overlay on top of everything else in Autorealm? It's driving me nuts.
Getting Fractal mappers grid to appear readably is just as difficult and it won't work later on. Numbering I can handl,e if i can get the sodding grid to overlay.!
From what I remember of Autorealm, if you want the grid to overlay everything, you actually have to draw the grid yourself as an object (yuck).

Getting Fractal mapper's grid readable is a matter of zoom level and font size. I find that, for 5 foot squares, a font size of 1 to 1.3 feet usually works, depending on zoom. I haven't been able to get the grid number font style to change in the current version. It's stuck on Times New Roman, which is annoying.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:43 pm

draconas wrote:And does anyone know how to get the grid to overlay on top of everything else in Autorealm?

From the Menus:
Transform
Position
Bring Grid Forward

I'm with pat though, go with Fractal Mapper

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:15 pm

Ta for that.

Klaxxor have looked over ogre.
All good except for primary weapons:
on front as greataxe of speed +2
Speed = +3 bonus++2 bonus = +5 weapon =costs 50k.
On the back you have it as a +2 greatclub costing 26k.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:29 pm

Yeah, thats what I get for changing my mind on the weapon. I'll fix it tonight and update the character

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:35 pm

Linus
You are still 40 skill points in the red for your Xill
You do not have a separate bite attack, if you manage to maintain a grapple for a round you get an automatic bite deals no damage but injects venom
Your second set of claw attacks are secondary attacks not primary.
You have not applied the -4 penalty for being non-proficent with the repeating crossbow. Also you should select the ammunition for it on the dropdown on the front sheet.
And last but not least, I read your character value as only 15k, as 10th level characters you have 49k to play with (if you only want 15k of gear that is fine, but I thought I'd be kind and point it out)

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:48 pm

Pat
You appear to be missing the msk silver dagger on the front sheet.
Otherwise all good.... You must have had fun getting those classes to play nice

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:41 pm

MonkeyAlpha
You've been saved till last as I skipped shifters when i bought eberron - warforged were far more my thing.
Net result, given your interesting class combinations (which do seem very cool, I'll give you) is I have a collection of questions:
1. Where did you get a bite attack from?
2. I don't see anything about claws of the beast (Weretouched master) adding +2 to strength and letting you grow claws. From my reading it lets you add your full str bonus to tiger claw weapon (which includes claws) weilded in the offhand. The BCM shifting ability is the same type as your racial one so would merely give you an extra use per day.
3. To make it easier for me to look them up could you add what path your martial abilities are from? Page nubmers are worth extra credit
4. You have 8 feats while the sheet says you should only have 5. If there are extra bonus feats from somewhere please specify (from what i can see in the class features I can only get to 7)
5. I'm sure I've just missed this one - a base shifter can shift once per day, you can 4 times. 1+1 for BCM, where did the other 2 come from?

Thats questions round 1. Sorry, this boy might take me a while to get my head round.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:44 pm

I am so confused. I fixed all that already or I wouldn't have wasted your time by telling you i did lol. I just dl'd it and sure enough its all still wrong.. I apologize, not sure what happened.

Only thing is, I don't see the 40 points over..

I will make the other changes. i used 15k cause I mis read the entry in the DMG.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:02 pm

Ok, if this one is not correct, Im gonna go insane.

Here is what I see as far as skill points on this sheet.

I have also upped his value.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:15 pm

My fault - i was still on 1.35 - which had a bug related to racial skill points, once you said it was fine on yours i checked out the upgrade options and lo it balences fine now.

Will look in detail later tomorrow.

Though can you do me a favour, facinating as you last.fm music choices may be, they make your signature twice the length of your actual posts!

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:27 pm

Okay, I updated Ogie on the original post. I messed up my magical adding. But it gave me more money to buy things anyway, so it will be better for the party

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

A Monster of a Shifter

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:25 pm

draconas wrote:MonkeyAlpha
You've been saved till last as I skipped shifters when i bought eberron - warforged were far more my thing.
Net result, given your interesting class combinations (which do seem very cool, I'll give you) is I have a collection of questions:
1. Where did you get a bite attack from?
2. I don't see anything about claws of the beast (Weretouched master) adding +2 to strength and letting you grow claws. From my reading it lets you add your full str bonus to tiger claw weapon (which includes claws) weilded in the offhand. The BCM shifting ability is the same type as your racial one so would merely give you an extra use per day.
3. To make it easier for me to look them up could you add what path your martial abilities are from? Page nubmers are worth extra credit
4. You have 8 feats while the sheet says you should only have 5. If there are extra bonus feats from somewhere please specify (from what i can see in the class features I can only get to 7)
5. I'm sure I've just missed this one - a base shifter can shift once per day, you can 4 times. 1+1 for BCM, where did the other 2 come from?

Thats questions round 1. Sorry, this boy might take me a while to get my head round.
1)The bite attack comes from the Warshaper's Morphic Weapons. Increase dmg of existing natural weapon one step or create a new natural weapon (of appropriate size) - CW p90
2)Claws of the Beast is from the Bloodclaw Master... but it's the shifting class feature that grants a +2 to strength and claws, while shifting. The side bar at the bottom of the page notes the interaction with the class and the shifter race (+ 1 round/class level and +1 shift/day and is treated as having the razorclaw trait...) ToB pg97
However, Weretouched Master Weretouched I also class feature grants claws, but if the character already has the razorclaw shifter trait, it increases dmg one die. ECS pg 86
3)I've added the discipline and the page #s to the spell data sheet. Sorry I meant to do that. All Tome of Battle (of course):
Iron Heart - Steel Wind pg 69
Diamond Mind - Moment of Perfect Mind pg 94
Stone Dragon - Mountain Hammer pg 84
Tiger Claw - Sudden Leap pg 89, Blood in the Water pg 86, Claw at the Moon pg 86, Soaring Raptor Strike pg 89, Death from Above pg 86, Leaping Dragon Stance pg 88
4)Levels 1,3,6,9 (shifter feats) 1 Scout feat (Improved Skirmish) 1 Warblade feat (Combat Reflexes) 2 Weretouched Master feats (shifter feats) = 8
5)Shifting per day 1+(6 shifter feats/2)+(1st level Bloodclaw Master) = 4
Shifting per round 3+(6 shifter feats)+(1 level of Bloodclaw Master)+CON mod = 10+Con mod ... this should be integrated on the sheet (recorded under charges)

Also, there's errata on the Weretouched Master that evens things out quite a bit at 5th level (it's accounted for in the sheet)
Last edited by MonkeyAlpha on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:20 am

draconas wrote:Pat
You appear to be missing the msk silver dagger on the front sheet.
Otherwise all good.... You must have had fun getting those classes to play nice
Mwk silver dagger is in her possession as a material component for the spell cloud of blades (in case you throw any werecritters at her). She doesn't plan on using it as a weapon. Stormlords think daggers are stupid; they don't go crackle, boom.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Re: A Monster of a Shifter

Post by draconas » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:51 pm

MonkeyAlpha wrote: 1)The bite attack comes from the Warshaper's Morphic Weapons. Increase dmg of existing natural weapon one step or create a new natural weapon (of appropriate size) - CW p90
2)Claws of the Beast is from the Bloodclaw Master... but it's the shifting class feature that grants a +2 to strength and claws, while shifting. The side bar at the bottom of the page notes the interaction with the class and the shifter race (+ 1 round/class level and +1 shift/day and is treated as having the razorclaw trait...) ToB pg97
However, Weretouched Master Weretouched I also class feature grants claws, but if the character already has the razorclaw shifter trait, it increases dmg one die. ECS pg 86
3)I've added the discipline and the page #s to the spell data sheet. Sorry I meant to do that. All Tome of Battle (of course):
Iron Heart - Steel Wind pg 69
Diamond Mind - Moment of Perfect Mind pg 94
Stone Dragon - Mountain Hammer pg 84
Tiger Claw - Sudden Leap pg 89, Blood in the Water pg 86, Claw at the Moon pg 86, Soaring Raptor Strike pg 89, Death from Above pg 86, Leaping Dragon Stance pg 88
4)Levels 1,3,6,9 (shifter feats) 1 Scout feat (Improved Skirmish) 1 Warblade feat (Combat Reflexes) 2 Weretouched Master feats (shifter feats) = 8
5)Shifting per day 1+(6 shifter feats/2)+(1st level Bloodclaw Master) = 4
Shifting per round 3+(6 shifter feats)+(1 level of Bloodclaw Master)+CON mod = 10+Con mod ... this should be integrated on the sheet (recorded under charges)
Also, there's errata on the Weretouched Master that evens things out quite a bit at 5th level (it's accounted for in the sheet)
Righty, though redneta has still to post i think you are claiming the prize for most headaches!

Firstly you can shift 5 times per day, not 4 (6/2=3)+1+1

Trying to work out where you get sent from in animal form, i can't see it either in the errataed entry or the SRD for a tiger.
-wait i just did, you list it as weretouched 3, it comes from weretouched 2!

Correct me if i am wrong but following the errata if you shift all the way to alternate form you gain the attacks, stats and abilities of a normal tiger. (you keep your own mental stats and HP). I am checking the errata and it specifically says, if you assume alternate form:
The weretouched master doesn’t gain any of the normal benefits granted by shifting while this ability is active, and the weretouched master can’t use his ability at the same time that he is shifting
But I think I am now up on your various shifter abilities. However you will have to tell me what is in effect at any one time or I will probably forget.
You are 999 gold overspent - limit for 10th level is 49000
You appear to have typed in the healing belt not entered it as a custom item so it's price is probably not included in the character value calculation, please fix.

I do have a little warm glow from wrapping my head round all that, and yes i agree, it is an extremely cool class combo, even after being nerfed in the errata (but they did have to because alternate form would have just been sick!)

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:24 pm

Linus
Have gone over Xill again
He is nearly right:
You put Dagger of Venom in the front section for weapons, i think you met adamantine dagger!

Also you cannot make grab attacks if you use all for arms with daggers, in order to do that you have to make the secondary attacks claw attacks (see the Xill entry in the SRD as it does this)

The Xill entry in the SRD is very strange about fighting with weapons because it gets 2 attacks at primary bonuses (2 "upper" claws holding weapons) and 2 attacks at secondary bonuses. According to the multi-weapon fighting rules it should only get one attack as primary and all additional atacks should be considered offhand and take the appropreate penalties. However if you want to use 2 weapons and 2 claws I'll go with the racial entry from the SRD in an attempt to prevent my brain from exploding.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:45 pm

2 weapons and 2 claws is what I envisioned so as long as thats fine with you thats what I would like it to be. Vice uploading another sheet, can you just change it to the adamantine dagger on the one you have? That is what I intended.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:55 pm

here you go sorry to take so long

Return to “{PbP} The Arena Original Game: Main party”