Round 1 - The Kobold is Mother: Main Party

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Round 1 - The Kobold is Mother: Main Party

Post by draconas » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:12 pm

There is a ripping noise, then the world goes white and you feel yourself falling.

Abruptly the sensation stops and the world resolves around you. You are in a giant jar of some kind, and you are not alone.

A hnuman, an ogre, a shifter, a xill and a pixie are all stuck in the giant jar, which is rather cramped with the ogres bulk. Outside the jar are a pair of humans, you think, staring in. A pair of large metal copils on either side of the jar crackle with lightning, occasionally a bolt strikes the glass, though it doesn't leave a mark.

A quick check also shows that you cannot break the glass, even the ogre cannot so much as mark it.

One of the humans looking in, dressed in the robes of a mage comments, "5! Odd. There must be an anomaly in the metatemportal flux. There should only be 4."

The other replies, "Possibly my lord. But you know, they might get further with 5?"

"Nonsense. The Arena of Tarrus allows 4 man teams only! Well and the Iron Men."

Dozens of floating eyes appear and make passages around and through you. The one in the mages robes smiles, "The human looks like she is made of sterner stuff though. It has been a while since I have given the crowd a worthy iron woman. Lets see if they can manage to survive the kobolds shall we?"

He merely waves his arm towards you and the world vanishes in a white flash again.

When the flash fades from your eyes the jar is gone, as are the 2 men. You stand in a plain cicular arena, almost 200 feet across, the floor is plain, flat and featureless hardpacked dirt. Around the area there are rows and rows of tiered seating, you can hear shouts, crues and cheers coming from the crowd.

Then there is a crack and puffs of purple smoke obscure the edges of the arena for a moment, the smoke fades in seconds revealing hordes of kobolds, they immidately begin cackling and screaming.

Map:
Red: Raz
Orange: Ogie
Pink: Obanon (pixie)
Green: Xian
Blue: Horde of kobolds. There are 2 packed in every square.

The party has won initatative.
Round_1_main.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Re: Round 1 - The Kobold is Mother: Main Party

Post by LinusMundane » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Xian lets out a high pitched gutteral yell, all 4 arms extend to the sky. Brandishing his weapons, he waits for another to make a move.
Image Glugglug; Orcish Paladin of Tyranny
Image Bone Crushnsmash; Fighter of the Bloodthirst School
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue
Image Dwanthor; Hill Dwarf Warlock

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:43 pm

"Little dragons no good. Very tricky. Be careful" The guttarel sound of Ogie's shout is heard as he charges straight out at the creatures with his greatclub in both hands.

Charging to 16-17/ cc-dd
Wielding Greatclub two handed
10 foot reach
Attack +15 Damage 2d8+6 Cleave/Great Cleave

I believe this should put 16-20 of them in reach, since I am threatening ff 15-18 and ee 14-19 (I think, maybe just 15-18)
Last edited by klakxor on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:27 pm

I will go Invis and fly up about 20 feet and hover there watching for a moment to attack

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:54 pm

watching Ogie go one way, Xian will charge out to J 18 (the end of his 40' move)

Screaming the whole way, if possible I'd like to be making an intimidate check as the sight of a red colored 4 arm monster screaming and waving daggers and claws might be a bit unsettling.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:45 am

"Wait! stay together! ... don't separate we're stonger together. As one, we'll survive. Alone we die."

Rhaz watches in disbelief as two of the others run in different directions, then notices the pixie is gone. A split second later his brain is slammed with a rush of adrenaline as his feral nature takes hold. No longer thinking about the odds, no longer thinking about the pathetic little creatures he charges forward with the blinding speed and ferocity saturate his essence.

Begin shifting-19rounds [swift action]:
-Shifting
-Bloodclaw Traits
-Weretouched Master Traits
-Morphic Effects (sorry if the text is small and hard to read)

Pounce: full attack at the end of the charge

Once Xian has moved past, Rhaz charges (+2attack/-2AC) to 18 dd and makes a full attack:
+19/+19 claws 1d6+11dmg(+4d6 skirmish) one kobold each
+17 bite 1d6+9dmg (+4d6 skirmish) a third kobold

After having moved 10ft Skirmish +2d6dmg +1AC
After having moved 20ft Improved Skirmish +2d6dmg +2AC

+5ft reach from mophic effects
reminder:combat reflexes if they start moving past my 10ft reach and DR 4/silver if they hit

uhg, I mighta bit off more than I want to chew :shock:
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:57 am

I am working on the assumption that if AoO are presented people will take them?

MonkeyAlpha, this may be a feature I have missed but if you full attack you can only attack a single creature.... that is going to be one dead kobold.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:48 am

Xian will take all AoO's
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:01 am

Ogie will take them too, however I think he will be provoking more AoO then taking

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:53 am

ah, yes charge one kobold for 11d6+31 if all attacks hit.
appologies. AoO when possible.

"I swear to Pelor your death will be quick"

Rhaz makes quite a spectacle of killing the single little creature, eviscerating it with his claws and ripping it's throat out with his bite. ensuring that a fountain of blood sprays forth, dripping from tooth and nail as he turns to make another kill.
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:13 am

Iwill cast Flameing shpere amoveit to the group on the left side of the feild.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:04 pm

Initative worked out at (xian, Raz, then pixie and ogie symultaniously)

Xian runs towards the left hand swarm and makes scary noises, the kobolds are appropreately scared by this stange 4 armed creature.

Raz utterly eviserates a kobold, all that is left is little bits of chunky kobold salsa splattered all over him. The crowd approves.

Ogie goes lumbering to the right after Raz. The mighty swings of his greatclub sends kobolds flying like pins in an alley, the crowd cheers at the entertainment. (Got to love gt cleave + kobolds really)

Obannon creates a flaming sphere in E20. The kobolds in that square die in horribly flaming agony. (the sphere stops moving when it hits a creature).

Then the kobolds counterattack!

Spears bounce of the thick hides and armour of ogie and Raz. Then a kobold dashes past Ogie to leap at Raz. It's just liek whack a mole for ogie who splats it flat with a single swing, detonating the volotile mixture of chemicals inside it. The fireball sets off the other 2 kamkazee kobolds in the pack resulting in a total of 3 firey explosions.

Ogie isn't fast enough to avoid the first explosion which catches him almost completely by suprise (roll of 2) and suffers 62 points of damage. Raz is faster and avoids the worst of all 3 blasts: 49 damage. The blasts turn the entire swarm of kobolds to nothing but smoking bodies.

The kobolds on the left seem a little unwilling to charge Xian, but 3 of them come leaping over their comrades screaming things in Draconic he doesn't understand.
The first one to reach him attempts to grapple the Xill, and is badly mauled by Xians dagger. The following 2, instead of trying to help, headbutt the leading kobold in the back as hard as they can, detonating themselves in spectacular, and from the roar of the crowd, extremely funny fashion.
Edit. I forgot that Xian had only 1 level of monk so does not have evasion. He thus takes half damage from all 3 explosions : 57 (he made all 3 saves) and loses the extra intimidate check from being totally undamaged so the left most group of kobolds will attack him, just at a penalty.

All remaining groups of kobolds charge Xian, instead of attacking him with spears they try to mob him and pin him to the ground, the first ones to get to him are still afraid of him, most fail miserably to either grab him or secure a grip, but weight of numbers eventually allows 2 of them to manage to keep a hold. The kobolds are packed in (4 to a square), literally all trying to mob him and pull him to the ground.

Damage totals:
Ogie: 62
Raz: 0 Edit after Monkey realised he had evasion
Xian: 57 - being grappled by 2 kobolds this turn. The kobolds immidately surrounding him are the intimidated ones.
Obanon: 0

Pink: Obanon
Purple blob: Flaming sphere.
Round_1_main.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:22 pm

Ogie turns to Raz, "See, nasty little dragons very tricky. Let me heal then I go blow up some more."

Ogie starts to chant, feeling comfortable leaving himself open to Raz.

Cure Critical Wounds

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Xian will make bite attempts at the two grappling him and if he is successful in getting them off, he will assume a defensive fighting position

His bite causes paralysis.
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:23 pm

Nods to the giant next to him, "Aye."

Dripping in Kobold blood, Rhaz charges the foul little dragon creature straight ahead,
and literally pounce on the Kobold, Jumping from 40 feet out and (if allowed) landing on the creature for the 'pounce',
shredding it's scalely hide over and over until it looks like it went through a woodchipper.

Rhaz is supposed to have Evasion from 5th level of Scout...
Pounce: full attack at the end of the charge (+2 attack/-2 AC)

Against the Kobold in m17, sickly little beasty,
+19/+19 claws 1d6+11dmg(+4d6 skirmish)
ony biting if the two claw attacks don't finish it, +17 bite 1d6+9dmg (+4d6 skirmish)

reminder:combat reflexes if they start moving past my 10ft reach, skirmish damage still applies and DR 4/silver if they hit
Fast Healing 2 is in effect from Morphic Healing

Any significantly different scents from the mass of kobolds?

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:37 pm

MonkeyAlpha wrote: Dripping in Kobold blood, Rhaz charges the foul little dragon creature straight ahead,
and literally pounce on the Kobold, Jumping from 40 feet out and (if allowed) landing on the creature for the 'pounce',
shredding it's scalely hide over and over until it looks like it went through a woodchipper.

Rhaz is supposed to have Evasion from 5th level of Scout...
Any significantly different scents from the mass of kobolds?
It's not on his character sheet (but i did look it up, you are right), and his shifter bite has turned to "none" in red for me. Given he had one last time I suggest you fix it, but this is the last chance, what you post up you are stuck with.

I will rule that if he wants (speed and jump are easily high enough) he can charge and leap to land on them (there are 4 kobolds in the square). This will inflict some form of damage on all 4 from falling shifter but will randomise you FRA between them - its harder to get a specific target when you are landing on them. Or you can land in the square infront and do hacky hacky slashy slashy on one as per normal.

You do not get any significantly different scents, but there is such a huge mob it would overpower them.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:16 pm

will fly down to Xin and do Flurry of Blows on the two pinning Xin then take a 5 foot move action and fly up and hover all still invis.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:51 pm

draconas wrote:I will rule that if he wants (speed and jump are easily high enough) he can charge and leap to land on them (there are 4 kobolds in the square). This will inflict some form of damage on all 4 from falling shifter but will randomise you FRA between them - its harder to get a specific target when you are landing on them. Or you can land in the square infront and do hacky hacky slashy slashy on one as per normal.

You do not get any significantly different scents, but there is such a huge mob it would overpower them.
Rhaz turns to rush into the mass of kobolds, are hesitates when he sees the sheer mass of them... dozens upon dozens of the foul little beasts swarming all over one another. The feral part of his mind is overcome by reason, and charging isn't the best of ideas... Backing up to put some distance between himself and the cretins, he draws his bow as he moves. Takes aim at the one that has caught his attention and lets loose an arrow. Preparing himself as best he can for what comes next...

Four per square? So there are over 150 Kobolds swarming in that mass!!
Rhaz is taking out that kobold.
Move 20ft to ff21 drawing my bow and firing at the sickly little monster.

+15 1d8+4 (+4d6 skirmish)

reminder:combat reflexes if they start moving past my 10ft reach, skirmish damage still applies and DR 4/silver if they hit
Fast Healing 2 is in effect from Morphic Healing

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:57 am

rednetra wrote:will fly down to Xin and do Flurry of Blows on the two pinning Xin then take a 5 foot move action and fly up and hover all still invis.
You can only move and attack, you can't take a 5 foot step afterwards.

For continuity: Xian is going to successfully bite one (he can only automatically bite one creature per round, but there is nothng that says he had to start the grapple in order to get the free attack). Paralysed by his poisonous bite the kobold will drop off so by the time Obanon acts there will only be one kobold on him.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:33 am

then i will change what i was going too do.

I will fly into the Mob and attack Kobalts with unarmed strike

"Watch out for the Green one they can exploid"

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:01 pm

Redneta anywhere specific in the swarm? I am guessing from your coment that you are looking to avoid any that you spot as off colour? Or are you targetting them?

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:19 pm

no i am not going near them if i can.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:12 pm

Ogie heals 32 points putting him on 30 points of damage.

Raz takes aim with his bow and lets fly an arrow at one of the green tinted kobolds, but in the scrabbling another kobold gets in the way and dies in it's place. (unlucky I'm afriad)

Xian bites a kobold that falls off, paralysed and manages to wriggle out of the grip of the other one then goes defensive, weaving and moving to be as hard to grapple as possible.

Obannon (invisible) flies down and caves in a kobolds skull with one blow, he is now in the mob.

The kobolds try to get another grapple with Xian. With his weaving only 2 are even strong enough to get a grip and he is able to fling them off easily before they get a hold (succeeded the touch attack, failed the grapple check). He kills one in the process with his daggers.

The press of the mob is such that the kobolds can tell that Obannon is there and try to leap on him widly, none manage to get a hold.

The mob stays pretty well the same shape. Those of you that had spotted greenish kobolds last round can't see them this round - they moves further in towards the mob centre.

Damage totals:
Ogie: 30
Raz: 0
Xian: 57
Obanon: 0

Pink: Obanon
Purple blob: Flaming sphere.
Blue: Kobold mass

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:24 pm

Ogie charges up to 16-17/n-o, attacking the nearest kobolds. He will only go through the little guys right in front of him (not looking to kill them all, just the ones in m16 and m17.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:48 pm

Rhaz charges stowing his bow as he moves. Like a bolt he rushes the mass, leaping into the air and landing crushing, clawing, shredding, and biting. Just as he attacks he screams in Draconic, "Blood for the Blood God!"

Shifting-17rounds remaining:
-Shifting
-Bloodclaw Traits
-Weretouched Master Traits
-Morphic Effects (sorry if the text is small and hard to read)

Pounce: full attack at the end of the charge

Rhaz charges (+2attack/-2AC) to n19 and makes a full attack against the kobolds in m18:
+19/+19 claws 1d6+11dmg(+4d6 skirmish)
+17 bite 1d6+9dmg (+4d6 skirmish)

reminder:combat reflexes if they start moving past my 10ft reach and DR 4/silver if they hit.

I couldn't find anything in the rules that limits full-round attacks to just one target.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:06 pm

attack with unarmed strick and move the flame sphere to the out side of the mob and try and hurt a few

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:45 pm

/ooc I am not too sure if the multiattack feat allows me 2 attacks with each arm or just two attacks total, but if I can get 8 I will attack at 8 kobolds surronding me, not ones that are off color though. If I can't get that many I will take as many as I can at that number of monsters. Note that my last attack will be a claw attack, allowing me to make a grapple and bite check.

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:18 am

Raz charges and everserates a trio of kobolds, learing that square.

Ogie charges and plays whack a mole thanks to his cleaving swings, sending kobolds flying everywhere, he clears both squares infront of him.

Obannon caves in another pair of kobold skulls in the square he is in. His flaming sphere moves into the mob, torching the kobolds in the square it lands in.

Having sat down and worked this out with multiweapon fighting Xians attacks go like this:
Multiweapon fighting lets you use all of your limbs to attack, just like 2 weapon fighting lets you use your 2nd hand.
All attacks except the primary count as seohndary attacks
In addition you can only ever attack once with a claw/natural weapon in a given round.
Multiattack merely lowers the attack penalty bore using the claws as 2ndary weapons.

With daggers (e.g currently), he gets 5 attacks
Primary hand (with a dagger) 2 atacks, 2nd one at -5. so (+10/+5 after 2 weapon fighting penalties are taking account of)
Secondary hard (with dagger) 1 attack at -5 (so +5),
Attack with the 2 free claws (both at +9 because of multiattack)

With claws he gets 4 attacks, one with each claw, but because the claws get paired, the first 2 are both at +11, the 2nd 2 at -9.

All 5 of Xians attacks connect, killing 5 kobolds, which clears the square he is in and kills one in an adjancet square.

The kobolds swarm, putting 4 more in Xians square, even after he takes out one with an attack of oppertunity.

Obannon caves in the skull of another one as it tries to go past him, putting 3 kobolds remaining in his square.

Raz rips kobolds to shreds as they attack him, kobold iccy bits everywhere!

Ogie squashes one flat as they come towards him, leaving 3 left (the triangular shaped mass)

The kobolds in m17-19 all try to grapple Raz instead of the giant ogre. His armour proves too slippery and none can grip him.

The kobolds agan try to find and grapple Obannon, against all the odds one of them manages to grab his arm and obtain a hold (obannon is being grappled by 1 kobold now)

The kobolds around Xian are helping each other, limiting the the Xill's movement to give them the best chance to grab him. Sheer mass of reptiles lets 6 of them grab him (succeeded touch attack), but he just manages to wriggle free before they can get a hold (he won all the opposed grapple checks, but he would know that it is getting harder)

KlaxxorBefore I forget for the 3rd time. Can you send me what spells ogie has memorised please.

LinusMundane
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by LinusMundane » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:29 am

On my next turn I am going to try and make as much use of tumble as I can to move to 16M so that I am near the rest of the team. If I can get there and I have any attack left, I am going to attack the kobolds closest to me in 17M
Image Collin; Monk
Image Nani; Rogue

draconas
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by draconas » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:40 am

As Xian moves first so everyone can react, this action will succeed (just!) and he will end on 16M

Return to “{PbP} The Arena Original Game: Main party”