Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Amnesia's a bitch!
Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:29 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
You should have all received PMs by now. If you haven't or have any questions about them then just PM me and I shall respond

You wake up in a large room with eight beds in it. Sitting up in your bed you realise how comfortable it is, probably stuffed with goose-down and fluffed enough to accommodate even the most demanding of tastes in pleasure.

Then you wonder what goose-down is. Come to think of it, where is this place you found yourselves in? Nothing from your past life rings any bells in your head. You don't know how you came to this place or who the other people around you are. You vaguely recall your own name and the identities of the weaponry and armour standing besides your bed but apart from that nothing makes sense.

As you are pondering this turn of events, you hear the sound of raucous laughter coming from another room. Looking around you see a door at the bottom of the room slowly close shut. The laughter suddenly stops and is replaced by loud chatter that you can barely make out from behind the closed door.
OUT OF CHARACTER
This is basically an introduction post. Feel free to say whatever you want to the others in your room before I move on with the story.

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by grepme2001 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:51 pm

I swing my legs around to sit on the edge of the bed. I pick up the crossbow and case of bolts propped at the head of the bed and look at them quizzically, the weight of them feeling somehow familiar and odd at the same time.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Anyone looking at me sees a spindly construct sitting on the edge of a bed staring intently at a crossbow.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:04 pm

A large, hideously ugly half-orc sits bolt upright in bed, wiping drool from his oversized jaw. He looks around in confusion, sniffing the air. His expression becomes even more confused and he squints his eyes as he looks first at the bed, then the floor, then the ceiling, and finally at the others rising from bed.

He continues sniffing the air as he says, rather sheepishly, in a deep voice that sounds a bit like a growl, Ummmmmmm... Who are you people?
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:26 pm

I look up from the crossbow and at the door. I... don't know. Perhaps I don't remember would be a more apropos response given the circumstances. Perhaps our friends on the other side of the door can provide us with some answers. I rise to my feet with a slight mechanical creaking and move to the door to listen.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Listening at the door: 1d20-1=13

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:42 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
All of my speaking will be in a heave scottish accent

"Aye i was blooding going to ask you who the hell you be" Says the hagered dwarf who also swings and ready to blast the man holding the crossbow. "were are we"

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:21 am

My apologies Sir. Had I answers to give I would do so kindly, I say in a rather short, and rather flat monotone. Now, if you could, please keep the noise to a minimum, I am trying to listen through this door.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:20 am

The shifter stretches on the bed before he gets up. THINKING: This is not a good sign.

He hurriedly puts on the leather armor next to his bed and hooks the scimitar on to his side. It seems we are all here together for a reason. It sounds to me like no one knows what here is. Let's try and work together for now to see if we can at least remember who and what we are.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:30 pm

For Grepme:
SpoilerShow
You can't hear much more than the generic sound of senseless talk. Occasionally one voice raises itself in volume, but the only words you seem to make out are 'Therass' and 'Krill'. From the manner he speaks those words, you suspect they are names that he is somewhat in awe of. Or possibly fear.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:45 pm

"Aye we should work together. we can attack each other later down the road. what do you need me too do" he will put on his armor.

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Returning from the door I say, Well, I can't make out much, but or hosts out there do seem to be a bit excited. Do the names Therass or Krill mean anything to any of you?

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:01 pm

Nain San wakes up, just to dive back under the blanket. Counting until it seems that the situation wont change by simply wishing so.
She closes her eyes and comes back from under the blanket and opens them slowly.

Oh no, not one of these days.

Then she tries to find a good moment to grab her armor, most likely when the following happens (she hopes that everyone turns towards the speaker):
grepme2001 wrote:Returning from the door I say, Well, I can't make out much, but or hosts out there do seem to be a bit excited. Do the names Therass or Krill mean anything to any of you?
She tries to cover herself with her blanket and gets dressed under the blanket.

Once done, she gets her weapon (Kama).

Then she gets up and takes a good look at the room. Probably there is more to the walls than it seems.
At least the situation feels so unreal, that Nain San cant believe this to be it.

THINKING: there was enough time to kill Nain San and everyone else seems to be in the same bad situation. No need to keep an eye one someone for now, still good to have an alternative route.
OUT OF CHARACTER
How do I use the dice :d20: ?
I have seen that you can calc a die and add modifiers.
How does it work?

Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:54 am

Found how it works to roll the dice.
Here is Nain San's search roll:

Search the Room for secret door/exits/compartments: 1d20+7=20

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:54 am

grepme2001 wrote:Returning from the door I say, Well, I can't make out much, but or hosts out there do seem to be a bit excited. Do the names Therass or Krill mean anything to any of you?
The half-orc answers quietly, Only name I know is Tagrel... I think Tagrel's me? He scratches his unkempt hair and sniffs his armpit, Smells part like orc, part like human...

Tagrel feels a little nervous around all these people, although he can't remember why. He sniffs the air in the general direction of each person who has gotten out of bed: You smell like dwarfs, he says to the short scottish-accented fellow. You smell like shapechanging critters, to the shifter. You smell like human girls, to Nan Sain. And you smell like... nothing at all? Statues? to the construct.

He turns his attention to the bed he just got out of: You smell like tasty birds! He uses a clawed glove to shred the pillow, causing feathers to fly everywhere. He searches through the remains of the pillow, looking for the meat...

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:07 am

Are we all dressed? Rift looks around the room, making sure everyone is dressed and ready.

Lets start with introductions. I am Rift. That much I know.

He notices the human girl searching the walls. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. We do not know if those who lie behind that door are enemies or friends. For all we know, they may have kept us safe while we slept. Metal man, did you hear anything out there to make you think they may be allies or enemies?

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:50 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Can you explain to me what a shifter is. Never heard of or played one before.
About 5 Minutes later: Thanks for the explanation. Sounds cool.

Turning towards Rift:
My name is Nain. -Pause-
Yes - I am dressed. -Pause-
And I am looking for something to use if your plan fails or if I simply do not like what they want me to do.

[Action]
Continue searching
[/Action]
Last edited by Dink on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:59 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Shifters, sometimes called "the weretouched", trace their lineage to distant human and lycanthropic ancestors. Unlike their Lycanthropic ancestors, shifters cannot fully change form. Instead, they take on animalistic features, an ability they call shifting.

A unique species that breeds true, shifters long ago founded their own culture and traditions. Never numerous when compared to the other races of Khorvaire, the majority of the shifter population lives in small villages in the Eldeen Reaches. Other shifters live across the continent within communities dominated by other races. - Races of Eberron

AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by AlGromHerrit » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:29 am

Therrass slowly climbs out of the bed. Once he sees the others he grabs his gear and puts it on as fast as he can. He then speaks in a low purring voice.Therrass that soundss familurre I think thatss me. Who arre the resst of you? What did they say about me?
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:40 am

The name i have is not clear but i think the Words Cross was in it. yes Vornon Cross.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:42 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="klakxor"]Shifters, sometimes called "the weretouched", trace their lineage to distant human and lycanthropic ancestors. Unlike their Lycanthropic ancestors, shifters cannot fully change form. Instead, they take on animalistic features, an ability they call shifting.

A unique species that breeds true, shifters long ago founded their own culture and traditions. Never numerous when compared to the other races of Khorvaire, the majority of the shifter population lives in small villages in the Eldeen Reaches. Other shifters live across the continent within communities dominated by other races. - Races of Eberron[/quote]

In other words, "shape changing critters" :wink:

Tagrel sniffs in Therass' general direction and adds, helpfully, Smells like cats. He turns his attention back to disembowling the pillow, looking for the tasty innards.

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:03 pm

How about Therass and Kill. Just drop the 'r'

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:24 pm

For Nain:
SpoilerShow
You can't see anything untoward in this room. The only thing you notice that is a bit confusing is a small pin on the floor by the door. It is unclear what the pin is for but it isn't attached to anything.
For everyone:
After you have talked for a few moments, you hear the chatter in the other room start to die down. Soon after, you can hear the sound of loud footsteps approaching your door. The portal swings open and you all see a large man standing there. He wears dirty clothes topped with a thick leather apron. He stands at almost seven foot tall and seems to be one giant ball of muscle. As he looks at you all, he suddenly lets out a loud roar of laughter. Len! Yer guests 'av awoken! he yells to someone unseen in the other room, then he turns back to you. Mornin! he says to you in a booming voice, Come on through! Celebrate with us like the heroes ye are!

He then turns around and stomps back through the other room, laughing loudly all the way.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:39 pm

Tagrel, disappointed not to find any goose meat inside the pillow, gets off the bed, appearing not to notice the feathers stuck in his hair. He puts on his leather jacket and prepares to do as the big man instructed.

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:08 pm

SpoilerShow
Pin: If it has no trap or other other functionality, she picks it up.
Nain San moves to the place and inspects it closer, covering it with her body (lets say until the last one moved out of the room).

I am no hero.
What did I get into?
I should have listen more carefully to my grandma.
I always just wanted to make it to the next day.
And now I am in the sleeping room of a big guy I don't know and he is happy.
What did I dooooooo?

Then Nain San moves on to the next room, with the others.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:15 pm

Rift looks around at the aseemblage of 'heroes'.

What do you suppose we did. I do not remember any great happpening. But at least I am comforted that we are welcome visitors as opposed to imprisoned slaves. Come, let's join the festivities and enjoy ourselves until we can figure out where we are.

..and, Tagrel is it, I am sure there will be much more tasty food at whatever celebration this is. Has to be better then the feathers
Rift will attempt to pick out some of the feathers from Tagrels hair.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:32 pm

Tagrel nods, Hmmmm, yeah... whoever caught that bird only left the feathers in that sack. Musta taken the meat for themselves. Whaddid you say your name was?

AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by AlGromHerrit » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:55 pm

Therrass will follow the group out of the room. In response to Rift. Yess let uss hope it stayss that way.
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:23 pm

I am most definitely not a statue nor a man, metal or otherwise. Yes, it does appear that our hosts are not overtly hostile. At this point, "Metal Man" makes his way with Rift into the other room giving Tagrel a very wide birth. I would very much like to discover what heroics I am being accused of. And, pointing to Therrass, if that is Therrass I wonder which of us is Krill.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Metal Man has the unarmored body feat. While there is a bit of exposed metal at his joints he is a mostly wooden frame covered with strange fibrous cords emulating human musculature, with some sort of polished stone inlays which are purely decorative.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:36 pm

grepme2001 wrote:I am most definitely not a statue nor a man, metal or otherwise. Yes, it does appear that our hosts are not overtly hostile. At this point, "Metal Man" makes his way with Rift into the other room giving Tagrel a very wide birth. I would very much like to discover what heroics I am being accused of. And, pointing to Therrass, if that is Therrass I wonder which of us is Krill.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Metal Man has the unarmored body feat. While there is a bit of exposed metal at his joints he is a mostly wooden frame covered with strange fibrous cords emulating human musculature, with some sort of polished stone inlays which are purely decorative.

OUT OF CHARACTER
hehe, my bad.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:52 pm

Tagrel looks skepically at the Metal Man. He still thinks he smells like a statue or possibly a coffee table. Except he can't remember whether statues are supposed to walk around and talk. And he's not sure he ever knew what a coffee table is. So he shrugs, shakes his head like a wet dog in an attempt to get some of the remaining feathers out of his hair, and follows into the other room.

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:00 pm

klakxor wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
hehe, my bad.

OUT OF CHARACTER
No problem, I should have started out with a better description. Besides, I hate posting in first person so Metal Man will work until something better comes along. :)

Return to “{PbP} Chosen [CLOSED]”