Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Amnesia's a bitch!
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by patransom » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:00 pm

Dink wrote:(Pointing at Tagrel with a light disgust on her face)
That nice man over there already helped my, like a real gentleman.

Tagrel, apparently oblivious to the look of disgust, gives Nain a big, happy, toothy grin. He has a terrible underbite and his teeth are crooked and pointy. He also still has bits of goblin flesh caught in them here and there.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:08 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I will answer questions here. There will be a new topic coming up after this, and the PbP itself will continue on to another thread after a few more bits and bobs in here.

As you all enter the inn, you see Pell and Shareen carrying Colwood in to the room where you all awoke. Bullium and Len are seated at a table. Bullium looks upset and tired, but Len looks just as calm as before the battle.

As you arrive, Bullium looks up and motions for you to sit down. Once you are all comfortable, Pell and Shareen come back in. Colwood will live it seems. Shareen says. He is in no immediate danger at the moment, so I suppose we have time to share questions... I expect there will be a lot of them from you and we have a fair few too.
Tagrel wrote:“Somethin' funny 'bout that dead goblin... smells like burnt goblin, but not like fire. And the ashes are cold.”
Pell speaks up and says Yes we have seen this before. Usually when Krill has sent his soldiers in the past they are all extremely loyal to him, but occasionally we get one or two who try to get something out of our weakness for themselves. They meet the same treatment as the one you fought did. All we know is that it must be magic, but it is of some kind unknown to any of us.
Ny'Feraeth wrote:“That was wierd. Anyway, what is there to eat? I'm a bit hungry after a nice practice.”
Len! Shareen says, Get some of that lamb haunch back on the fire! And bring us some ale! Len wanders off grumbling to himself.
Gir wrote:“Food sounds good to me. But some ale sounds even better. Now would someone tell me why those gobbos knew Therass?”
Now that we don't know. Shareen says. They've never expressed interest in any specific person before now. We can only assume that one of them recognised you the other day and told Krill about it.
Nain wrote:“And could you ask your wife to get me a mirror, something to refurbish my aweful looking face and a comb for my hair.”
My wife?! Bullium exclaims. He turns to Shareen and starts blushing. Ah... Not quite, we're just friends... Shareen chuckles at this. Don't worry, I'll get you some accoutrements after we finish our chat.
Nain wrote:“Ehm - and while your are on your way, please ask someone to get me some medicine. As you can see I am bleeding to death.”
We don't have anything in the way of medicine. Pell says. Colwood is our healer and he is currently incapacitated. I am sorry about that.
Nain wrote:“My dear - ...
did you find us, before we woke up or did we come back from a mission on our own?
You arrived in our small hamlet one day out of the blue. From your tales, it would seem that you were just passing through.
Nain wrote:What was our exact task, when we left?
You said something about meeting the seer to get some help with a quest of your own, but you were quiet about the exact nature of that quest. You let slip something about finding a goddess, but nothing else seemed to be forthcoming.
Nain wrote:Who killed the Goblin leader. I did not see anyone out there, putting him on fire.
That would be Krill. It was definitely his voice as well.
Nain wrote:Why was the goblin cold after such a short time?
Again, we can only assume it's magic and part of how the spell works.
Nain wrote:How do the elements work? Is anyone in their service, are they the main believe here?
Elements? All of them look rather confused before Pell brightens and says Ah! I remember now! Yes, you were saying something about elements the other night. The way you were talking it seemed as if they should be revered as the gods are. No offense meant, but we found that to be a bit... heretical in thinking.
Nain wrote:Where about is the next town, how far away? Where are we overall? It is hard not to have a clue about the situation.
The closest town would be about twenty leagues to the north. You came from that direction in the first place. There are numerous villages scattered about though. You're approximately right in the middle of the continent of Shale. Quite small, and only an island, but we make do. The entire area is ruled by King Jeffers of Nordingham. He resides in the aforementioned town.
Nain wrote:I am missing my ranged weapons and I would like to buy one in a large shop to have a choice.
Well you didn't have any when you first arrived... Nordingham would probably be able to supply one to you, but we can probably find one for you around here some place. At this point, Len returns with a platter full of roast meat and a pitcher of ale. He places them down in the middle of one of the tables and goes to take his seat again. Len! Shareen says again. Find a bow or something from one of the deceased! Len grumbles again, but still goes out of the inn to look.
Nain wrote:And - no mistrust meant - but why should we trust you, my dear?”
Well... You don't have to, but we all built up somewhat of a friendship before you lost your memories.
Therrass wrote:“Does someone have some paper and ink handy? I need to sketch something before I forget it.”
Pell hands you a sheet of parchment and small ink bottle from one of his pouches. He looks to see what you're drawing but nothing registers on his face.
Therrass wrote:“I do not why the goblinss know who I am. It sseemss like theirr massterr wantss to talk to me for ssome rreasson. Jusst before he wass immolated thiss ssymbol sshowed up on the goblinss head.”
Nobody seems to know what it stands for. It rings a bell with all of you, but as to the details, you all draw a blank.
Therrass wrote:“Doess any one know what thiss ssymbol meanss?”
Pell, Shareen and Bullium all shake their heads. May I borrow this sketch? Pell asks. I may be able to research something in time for it.
Therrass wrote:“What do you know of my passt? Wherre wass I and what wass I doing jusst before we woke up in that rroom. Did I tell any interressting sstorriess?”
They all chuckle before Shareen speaks up Yes, you all had plenty of stories for us. As for your past, it would have appeared that you eight spent all of your lives travelling the world and righting wrongs! Over the course of the past few months, you have all done so much.
Vornon wrote:“WHo the hell am I. WHo are we. who the fuck are you and why were goblins attacking us”
Pell lifts an eyebrow at your question. You are Vornon. You are a dwarf. We are the council for this hamlet. The goblins attacked because they seemed to recognise Therrass it would seem. Or possibly they were still stung from their defeat yesterday and wished to gain revenge.
Metal Man wrote:“Should we be expecting any more attacks soon?”
I don't know. Possibly not right away, Krill would probably wait and see if his minions returned before sending out another troop. I don't know why he sent so few, but after your performance today I can only be glad it was just a few. It would seem you forgot a lot about your own capabilities over the night as well as the rest of your lives.

All of the threesome seem a little nervous about the banter going on between Nain and the Dwarves, but they say nothing about it.

After the Q&A session finishes, Pell stands to his feet and hops on to an empty table where he clears his throat. Ahem, before the attack you expressed an interest in some of your own stories. I feel like I should start telling you about those tales, but I will begin with the previous night's battle and continue at a later date.
OUT OF CHARACTER
See new topic for his story

After Pell finishes orating, he sits back down at the table and takes a long drink from a mug of ale.
OUT OF CHARACTER
If you have any more questions or actions you wish to make then post them here, otherwise it is effectively bed-time!

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:30 pm

BURP!!!!!!!! So which of us used stayed back and which of us got to chop some ogres? Gir says between bites, food falling from his mouth.

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:12 pm

“My wife?!” Bullium exclaims. He turns to Shareen and starts blushing. “Ah... Not quite, we're just friends...” Shareen chuckles at this. “Don't worry, I'll get you some accoutrements after we finish our chat.”
Receiving the accoutremnts Nain calms down instantly.

Overall it seems that we are barely twins of these heroes in your story.
On the other hand it seems it was not necessary for the today fight to be better than we were.

THINKING: ...
Did some of us arrive with better manners?
Image Dungeon Master (2)

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:50 pm

Tagrel scratches his mangy head as if confused by the story. He doesn't bother asking questions, though. He's too busy stuffing food into his mouth with his bare hands.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:13 pm

vornon will also be eating and drinking with fod and drinking faling out of his mouth "this"more food shuveled in "is a ate sto" take a sip of the ale.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:31 pm

Gir wrote:“So which of us used stayed back and which of us got to chop some ogres?”
Well you all leaped into combat, but Therrass, Vornon and the un-named construct all preferred to shoot from afar.
Nain wrote:“Did some of us arrive with better manners?”
Haha! No, you all seemed pretty much the same as now just a bit more tolerant of each other.
OUT OF CHARACTER
In the spirit of moving things on, I'm assuming nobody has any problems with you all going to bed now? Len will return eventually with a shortbow, a light crossbow and twenty ammunition for each. Nain can take her pick of them.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:54 pm

One last question, does anyone know where we can find this Krill. It may seem like a suicidal thought, but he must know something more of us and if his magics can turn a goblin into cold ash, one must think he may have something to do with our current problem of memory loss

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:10 pm

Im withFood and drink falling out of his mouth Him this mageslob effectmust know something

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:11 pm

I'm with them. Mr smartypants must know sumthin. Gir is now on his fourth tankard of ale and doesn't seem to be slowing. How much is this stuff gonna cost? pointing at the food and ale.

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:12 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="Benji"]un-named construct [/quote]
Is this the metal man?

Image Dungeon Master (2)

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:21 am

This is probably the worst day in my life. I need to catch some sleep.

Towards the barkeeper:
Is there any chance of a more 'Lady like' room?

Anyways, Nain will finish her food half way and go to bed.

Praying to any god who would like to listen:
THINKING: Dear God,
please let this be a bad dream. I am stripped of my powers, cannot remember how to melt with the shadows in a proper way and I don't know who the uglies are.
There are monsters and wild man with bad manners. Not to mention a machine that can talk, a catman who eats fresh meat and swollows only half the food, leaving the rest to rot outside his mouth.
I am thankful for the healing, but I am not sure yet if I am infected by him at the same time.

No one really listens to me.

Then she will starts weeping until she falls asleep.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:46 am

Len coughs and splutters at the sheer amount of food and drink you are all swilling but at a glance from Bullium says nothing.
Rend wrote:“One last question, does anyone know where we can find this Krill. It may seem like a suicidal thought, but he must know something more of us and if his magics can turn a goblin into cold ash, one must think he may have something to do with our current problem of memory loss”
It's possible I suppose. We don't know where he's holed up, but I suppose if any of you have the necessary talents you might be able to track some of his troops back there? If not, then I'm sure we can probably find something for you tomorrow.
OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="Dink"]Is this the metal man?[/quote]
Yes, it is.

Nain wrote:“Is there any chance of a more 'Lady like' room?”
Len starts sputtering at this again. Ye'll take wut yer- He is then interrupted by Shareen. Of course dear, you can spend the night in my home. I have some extra blankets and a spare bedroll if you don't mind sleeping on the floor?

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:03 am

All trouble leaves Nain's face.

I can help you tracking them down, but I am not as good in the wild as inside.

Thanks a lot Shareen. I have no trouble sleeping on the ground.
I guess there is a lot we have to talk about.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:35 am

Tagrel pauses stuffing his face for a moment, I'm good at following critters from their tracks and their smells. Trail's probably gettin' old by now, but if the goblins ain't too good at hiding their tracks, won't be a problem in the mornining.

He yawns, with a mouth still partially full of food, Tired now. Unless directed otherwise, he crawls underneath a table, curls up in a ball, and goes to sleep, snoring loudly.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:53 am

Rift eats and drinks his wine and food carefully. He also watches his sloppy companions eating and drinking THINKING: Well, I guess that one has to learn to appreciate and accept these qualities for the greater good. It would seem we were all together as well seasoned companions and we must find our way back there.

Nain, please do not think less of our companions for their eating habits. We all worked as a team before, our power seemingly nigh undefeatabled from the story told. I hope you enjoy your evening and join us in the morning for breakfast. Rift will then get up, reaching under the table to get Tagrel. Come my friend, there are feathery pillows for you to eat in our room

I will be retiring now as well. Let's hope Tagrel is correct and we can track the goblin attackers in the morning.

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:51 am

Well I can somewhat track as well. Sleep does sound good however. Gir follows the other upstairs after chugging the rest of his ale.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:10 am

vornon will take the ale too bed

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:18 am

Becalmed by Rift's words Nain silently nods and will return the next morning in time to make sure she can share breakfast.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:39 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Ok. I know some people haven't posted recently, but consider this to be the bedtime post. Any questions that you would have asked before sleep then just PM them to me instead.

As you all lay down in your beds (or underneath tables) for the night, you remember the tale that Pell told you of the battle. Kind of hard to believe that you were so much more competent just a day before today, isn't it?

As you all sink into sleep, you start to dream again. This time, there is no surreal landscape or mysterious voice. You find yourselves reliving the battle that was told to you. Goblin viscera goes flying through the air, Ogre limbs cartwheel over your heads. In this dreaming state, you all have the same abilities that were told to you in Pell's story.

In the morning, when you wake up, some of that dream sticks with you. Maybe it's the way you held your weapon. Maybe it's the subtle inflections of that spell. Maybe it's simply seeing yourself in action is what did the trick. Regardless of what it is, you all feel slightly more confident in your abilities.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Ding! Level 2! Extra hit points, better to hit and lingerie! For electrical appliances please stay in the elevator.

Send me your updated .tos files when you can. Except for Therrass of course as I believe he is still working off his level adjustment?

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:40 pm

Benji wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Ding! Level 2! Extra hit points...

How many extra hit points? Max, 1/2, roll?

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:51 pm

Benji wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Ding! Level 2! Extra hit points, better to hit and lingerie!

OUT OF CHARACTER
I am pretty sure no one wants to see Tagrel in lingerie

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:42 pm

Forgot about hit points. It's 75% of maximum.

And as for Tagrel in lingerie... Well I'm sure there's a niche somewhere for that.

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:23 pm

I apologize for my silence, but our metal friend is quite revolted by the meatbag feeding ritual and is not quite sure how to respond to the situation.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:47 pm

React the same way most people do.

Vomit.

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:19 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I am not sure how and where to add lingerie for Nain.
Probably you can help her get dressed.

Image Dungeon Master (2)

AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by AlGromHerrit » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:55 pm

Therrass sits there looking at his claws. THINKING: Tagrel in lingerie ... I have claws and I have eyes I can fix this ... it might hurt but i can fix this!!

OUT OF CHARACTER
What no love for the cat. Why are the only ones wo care for the kitty the goblins??

Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:45 am

Once I receive all of the Level 2's, I will open up a new thread to continue with this.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:58 pm

Currently just waiting on rednetra and valinor

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:36 am

I don't think Valinor has been online in some time, so I will start up a new thread soon and he can pass me his updated sheet once he returns.

The new thread will probably be up tonight.

Return to “{PbP} Chosen [CLOSED]”