Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Amnesia's a bitch!
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by valinor » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:20 am

Goblin!!! If you run, we will kill you! If you fight, we will kill you! If you drop your weapon and not fight, we will talk to you!!! states Ny as he moves towards the goblin (1610).

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:22 am

Let them Run they will only Die Tired

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:45 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="rednetra"]Let them Run they will only Die Tired[/quote] Why have I seen that somewhere before

Rift will take a five foot step to 1510 and kneel down next to Colwood. Speaking quietly, he lays his hands on Colwood allowing nature's power to flow into him. (Casting Cure Minor Wounds to make sure he is stable)

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:33 am

Tagrel, in snow leopard form, thinks to himself, THINKING: Please run little goblin... been a while since I got to chase anything.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:53 am

patransom wrote:Tagrel, in snow leopard form, thinks to himself, THINKING: Please run little goblin... been a while since I got to chase anything.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Cute. I like that little cat a lot. Seems it has to play a bit. Goblins will do the job :)

Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by AlGromHerrit » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:24 pm

Therrass will move to 1608. He will then use Baleful Utterance on some minor piece of equipment (ie something that shouldn't be magical). The Goblin will need to make a Will save of DC 17 or its weapon shatters. If it fails the DC 17 Will save it will then have to make a DC 17 Fort save or be dazed for 1 round and deafened for 1 min.

If the item pops Surrender or I start on your bones!!

If the item does not pop, then he will remain quite.
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:15 pm

As everyone moves into position, Rift casts a quick spell on the unconscious form of Colwood. His breathing becomes a little more steady but he is still out cold. [[Not a moment too soon! He was on -9 with little chance of stabilising...

As for the two remaining goblins... Well, the minion seems quite content to dive headlong into a death-trap. He launches himself headlong at Therass. In the process of which, he gets bashed, sliced, poked and chopped by Vornon, Rift, Ny and Gir respectively. When he lands just in front of the catfolk, he rather closely resembles a christmas turkey gone horribly wrong.

Seeing his last guard get annihilated, the leader panics. He drops his longsword to the ground and sinks to his knees, babbling something about mercy. However, the moment his knees touch the grass, a large pillar of flame engulfs him.

For Therass and Gir:
SpoilerShow
You both manage to notice an odd emblem glowing on the creatures forhead just before the fires coat the goblin. Therass thinks he got a good enough look to be able to re-draw it but as far as Gir is concerned, it was just a peculiar symbol.
The fires last for a few seconds before disappearing just as quickly as they arrived. In their place, you see a blackened husk of a goblin. It is obviously quite dead, which is odd considering it seems to be speaking. Useless! This one has no place left at my side! Cowardly cur! Therass! Next time, you are mine! it says in the common tongue, just before it crumples into ash and bone.

As you all ponder at this turn of events, Pell and Shareen move forwards quite calmly. Perhaps a bit too calmly considering what happened. Without saying a word, they each grab one of Colwood's arms, drape it over their shoulders and start back to the inn. With tears still streaking his face, Bullium too stands up and addresses you all. We need to talk. He doesn't seem to be crying anymore, but there is quite obviously something that he's still worried about.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:17 pm

Vormpm woll hear Bullium and want to know what just happend and why he knew us he we did not know ourselves.

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:33 pm

Well start talkin' then.

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:53 pm

SpoilerShow
Nain tries to stay invisible from everyone.
She moves to the Goblin leader, searching him, looking especially for a shed of the sword, papers, and valuable stuff (maybe even a ranged weapon).
Finally she grabs the sword from the ground.

After she takes the sword she moves behind the house, taking some time to conceal whatever she found.
Then she takes at least two minutes to put her hair back in place and style herself again. Just the wound should look really bad.
Nain steps out from behind the house (1315), holding her badly wounded left arm, but otherwise being styled.
She seems to be slightly dazzled, being close to faint, but manages to make it to the doors of the towns hall (0511).

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Tagrel ignores Bulliam for the moment, preferring to let the others handle the questions. Remaining in snow leopard form, he wanders over to sniff at the ashes of the goblin leader and see if there's anything interesting left over.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:54 pm

Rift watches them start to carry Colwood away, Be careful with him, he is in very bad shape and needs much more then I have given him

As Bellium speaks, Rift begins searching through the belongings of the goblin bodies. Go and talk, I will be along in a moment.

Rift is searching for anything on the goblins bodies that moght help them remember their former selves.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:30 pm

rednetra wrote:Vormpm woll hear Bullium and want to know what just happend and why he knew us he we did not know ourselves.
marine7312000 wrote:Well start talkin' then.
Bullium turns his head to address you. Please, come inside and we can all talk in relative comfort. He seems to be a lot more docile than when you first met him.
Dink wrote:
SpoilerShow
Nain tries to stay invisible from everyone.
She moves to the Goblin leader, searching him, looking especially for a shed of the sword, papers, and valuable stuff (maybe even a ranged weapon).
Finally she grabs the sword from the ground.

After she takes the sword she moves behind the house, taking some time to conceal whatever she found.
Then she takes at least two minutes to put her hair back in place and style herself again. Just the wound should look really bad.
Nain steps out from behind the house (1315), holding her badly wounded left arm, but otherwise being styled.
She seems to be slightly dazzled, being close to faint, but manages to make it to the doors of the towns hall (0511).
The only thing left over from the corpse is the longsword. It appears to be relatively well made, but is otherwise too small for you to use reliably.
patransom wrote:Tagrel ignores Bulliam for the moment, preferring to let the others handle the questions. Remaining in snow leopard form, he wanders over to sniff at the ashes of the goblin leader and see if there's anything interesting left over.
There's absolutely nothing left there. The only thing that really draws your notice is that the corpse doesn't smell quite right for something that was recently immolated. Although there is the obvious stench of burnt flesh, there is none of the usual smells of flame and the body is quite cold.
klakxor wrote:Rift watches them start to carry Colwood away, Be careful with him, he is in very bad shape and needs much more then I have given him

As Bellium speaks, Rift begins searching through the belongings of the goblin bodies. Go and talk, I will be along in a moment.

Rift is searching for anything on the goblins bodies that moght help them remember their former selves.
Pell and Shareen seem to be taking extreme care with carrying Colwood, you are pretty sure that your spell got him out of any immediate danger though. Amongst the goblin corpses, there isn't that much of interest. Each of them had a small javelin along with a small morning star, small suit of leather armour and small wooden shields. There is nothing left on the leader's body apart from the longsword which you think you saw Nain take behind one of the houses.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:51 pm

After giving the charred ashes a good sniffing, Tagrel changes back to his usual ugly half-orc shape and walks over to follow Bulliam inside. Somethin' funny 'bout that dead goblin... smells like burnt goblin, but not like fire. And the ashes are cold.

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:22 pm

That was wierd. Anyway, what is there to eat? I'm a bit hungry after a nice practice. states the elf.

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:34 pm

Before Nain moves into the house she tries to grab two javelins, if no one cares about them.
Then she moves into the house and tries to pass close to Therass and drops the sword on his knees (making sure not to hurt him).
´think this is yours
Then she moves in a dark corner and tries to stop the bleeding and to take care about the wound, while listening to what the other have to say.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:07 pm

Rift will follow the others in after checking the bodies. First thing he does is check on Colwood and make sure he is still stable.

After that he will go up to Therass, They seemed to know you or about you specifically. Why they want you seems less important than whether you remember them. Any ideas?

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:10 pm

Vornon will wlak inside looking for a chair to plop into. after finding a seat THINKING: Got any Ale. these bones need a pick me up after all that fun

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Metal Man will simply move back inside and take a seat.

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:52 pm

Gir will follow the others back inside, dismissing his rage as he does so. Food sounds good to me. But some ale sounds even better. Now would someone tell me why those gobbos knew Therass?

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:57 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I will be starting a new topic soon. For now, just pile on any and all questions you would like to ask Shareen and Company. Expect the new topic... probably on this weekend.

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:13 am

After resting for about 5 minutes, Nain comes out of the dark corner:
Please get me an ale and something to eat, I would prefer a soup with fresh baked bread.
And could you ask your wife to get me a mirror, something to refurbish my aweful looking face and a comb for my hair.

Once he is on his way:
Ehm - and while your are on your way, please ask someone to get me some medicine. As you can see I am bleeding to death.

While Nain is waiting for her food, she asks questions addressed at Sharen and Company:
My dear - ...
did you find us, before we woke up or did we come back from a mission on our own?
What was our exact task, when we left?
Why do the Goblins know Therass if not by your word?
Who killed the Goblin leader. I did not see anyone out there, putting him on fire.
Why was the goblin cold after such a short time?

How do the elements work? Is anyone in their service, are they the main believe here?
Where about is the next town, how far away? Where are we overall? It is hard not to have a clue about the situation.

I am missing my ranged weapons and I would like to buy one in a large shop to have a choice.

And - no mistrust meant - but why should we trust you, my dear?

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:49 am

Tagrel looks at Nain, I don' think yer bleeding to death... 'cause people who are bleeding to death don't talk so much, but... He walks over and taps her on the shoulder with a gnarled, dirty finger.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Casting cure minor wounds

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:41 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
@patransom: Its fun playing with you. I had to laugh big time.

Nain closes her eyes - one hand at her weapon - prepared to cut the infected flesh Tagrel touched.
When the finger lifts she opens her eyes.

Still not being able to hide her disgust she nods thankfully. Wispering "thanks".

She turns around, sits down and as soon as Tagrel does not look at her any longer, she gets out some water and tries to rup the pointed spot clean.
This should not happen to a lady. This should not happen to a lady. This should not happen to a....

AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by AlGromHerrit » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:19 pm

Therrass's will move inside with everyone else. Does someone have some paper and ink handy? I need to sketch something before I forget it.

Once he gets the paper and ink Therrass will try to sketch out the rune he saw. While he is doing that he will think over the little that he knows and try to figure out what it means.
OUT OF CHARACTER
He has Knowledge Arcana=4, Planes=4, Religion=4, Nature=4, Spellcraft=5

After the symbol is drawn he will speak to the rest of the group. I do not why the goblinss know who I am. It sseemss like theirr massterr wantss to talk to me for ssome rreasson. Jusst before he wass immolated thiss ssymbol sshowed up on the goblinss head. If Therrass knows what the symbol is then he will let ppl know other wise he will say the following.

Doess any one know what thiss ssymbol meanss?

What do you know of my passt? Wherre wass I and what wass I doing jusst before we woke up in that rroom. Did I tell any interressting sstorriess?
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:15 am

WHo the hell am I. WHo are we. who the fuck are you and why were goblins attacking us

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:40 am

MM asks quietly, Should we be expecting any more attacks soon?

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:11 am

To Nain Sweetie, I doubt you're dyin with all that yappin. Now, where's me ale? And bring some meat wit ya too!

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:17 am

marine7312000 wrote:To Nain Now, where's me ale? And bring some meat wit ya too!
Hysterically and high speed talking:
I doubt that I am the one to serve you. No matter how you feel about my YAPPING. And believe me, I am the one to judge if I am dying.

Do you understand me, Mr. Gir?

Adding in a clam manner, with a slightly raised nose, looking away from him:
Just to let you know - though I do not need to defend myself - :
You are coming late to judge this anyways.
(Pointing at Tagrel with a light disgust on her face)
That nice man over there already helped my, like a real gentleman.

Now you may leave.

She stares at Gir, hoping he will leave.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:58 am

Please get off the rag lady we should not be fighting with in our littel group.

Return to “{PbP} Chosen [CLOSED]”