Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Amnesia's a bitch!
Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:01 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Yay! I finally have something to call him rather than ????

Ahem :oops:

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:10 am

Lead the way Hal. i will always get a drink on before we fight our way out of this place

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:46 am

Well I guess it's time to get out of bed then. The speaker is a a rather surly looking dwarf covered in tattoos. His head is shaved with only a narrow strip of stubble down the center and his beard is short. Name's Girruth but you can call me Gir.With that he puts on a suit of scale armor and grabs a waraxe from beside his bed as he makes his way to the door. Death waits for no one.

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:01 am

It really is a drag sleeping with... as he awoke in a room filled with strangers talking to one another and making introductions of themselves.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:05 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Once I receive the last of the post-dream characters I will move the plot along.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:54 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Assuming that everyone follows the big man through the doorway.

In the other room you see three men and one woman sitting around a table. The large man that you followed also sits himself down there, placing both feet on the table top with a loud thunk. The woman looks at him with disgust before motioning to one of the other men, a willowy type with beady eyes and greasy hair. He sighs, stands up and walks across the room to a bar where he starts pouring out some frothy fluid into eight small mugs.

So! The woman says with a smile. Our heroes have indeed awoken, I apologise for Bullium, he seems to lose track of time when he's in his cups. It is actually the afternoon right now and you seem have slept for a solid sixteen hours! Please, come and sit down, Len is getting the drinks in and we can talk more about your escapades! I believe you were telling us about that time in the Temple of Llolth before the attack. Do continue!

She motions to a couple of tables, each with four empty seats around it.

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:21 pm

"Metal Man" sits down at one of the indicated tables, his crossbow propped against his leg, and listens.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:00 pm

Tagrel also sits at a table, propping his legs up on it in imitation of the big man. "What's a Lloth?" he asks.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:42 pm

"Who the Blood hell are you lady, and how the F*&K did we get to this palce.
OUT OF CHARACTER
was not sure if i could use the word i wanted. so i put &* in it

Last edited by rednetra on Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:45 pm

Rift joins the table that Tagrel is at, looking quizzically at his imitation of the large fellow. Then, turning to speak to the woman Excuse me, but you said we were telling you a story? I cannot remember this tale or a Temple of Llolth?

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:17 pm

Nain moves to a place closest to the darkest corner of the room.
She observes the room for clues about the past and the spoken (books about Loths, symbols, heraldry, maps,...)
Then she takes a closer look at the woman and men, who invited her/them.

All of a sudden she shakes her head (as if in a dream world and trying to get back to reality):
How much do you want to let us go?
Image Dungeon Master (2)

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:19 am

I have no idea what you're talking about woman. I don't remember anything and I'm sure none of these gesturing to his companions, do either. What attack are you talking about? As Len approaches with the drinks Gir grabs one and downs it like a shot, a loud belch following.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:58 pm

The woman looks extremely confused at your reactions. She turns around to the other men at her table. Bullium, the large man is frowning at you whilst the other two men look just as confused as the woman. Len, upon returning with the drinks gives a short chuckle before handing them out. Ah told yerself! he says to the woman. Ah told yer that yer couldint trust dem outsiders! Dey get lucky 'genst a few gobbos and sudden like dey're all 'eeroic and stuff! He spits on the floor with a grin.

He seems about to continue his rant when one of the men at the table stands up. He quietens Len with a raised hand and then leans on his table, staring intently at you all in turn. Are you saying that you have no recollection of the past few days with us? I can assume from your forgetting of Lloth that your memory loss extends to at least six months ago... This is worrying. Whilst amnesia is not a common occurence, it most certainly isn't unheard of.

The other man stands up, and you only now seem to notice just how different this person is. For starter's he doesn't look of the same race as the others round his table. His face has a slight greenish tinge and two teeth jut out a little bit from his mouth. Despite his partial monstrous heritage, he speaks with a surprisingly intelligent tone. Despite what Len says, I fear that Colwood is closer to the truth. Tell me, is there anything that you can remember? Anything at all? He looks intently at you all in turn.

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:19 pm

I remember... floating... no, drowning... not much help I suspect.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:37 pm

Rift looks at the others as he struggles to remember anything more, I remember my name and my equipment. I also remember a dream with a woman in a chapel apologizing to me and my companions for what they needed to do. I can only assume that our loss of memory has something to do with this dream.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Tagrel had a dream, too. There was ice and it was cold. And there was a voice that said something, but no one was there. Then the ice got slippery.

He shrugs, It's warmer here. And I can see the people doing the talking, so that's better.

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:16 pm

Nain San says
I remember nothing, but different from the others I didn't even had a dream. Just blank.
Though when I woke up I knew my weapon and armor.
Don't remember nothing before this day.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by AlGromHerrit » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:51 pm

Therrass will dart over to the table and grab something to drink. He will then sniff at it and if it smells drinkable he will take a sip. I rrememberr thiss and thiss he says pointing at his armor and his staff I rrememberr firre lotss of glorrious firre. The warrmth the glorriouss warrmth.
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:01 pm

Gir taps his chest and raises his axe as he says I remember me axe and me armor but nothin else. Except a dream about a cave and a voice.
Last edited by marine7312000 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:10 pm

Gir, did the voice you heard say anything?

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:14 pm

It said that I'll have to do. Gir grimaces as he says this and spits off to the side.

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:38 pm

Hmm..., "Metal Man" grimaces, thinking about the pool of saliva forming near Gir, and says, Interesting. I remember a voice as well. It simply said, "Mine."

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:21 pm

The people around the table all listen intently as you share what you know, but every time a dream is mentioned, you hear Len tutting in an amused tone to it. Once you are finished sharing, the man named Colwood speaks up again.

Interesting... It seems as if your memory loss is rather specific. I don't know too much about afflictions of the mind, but if you give me a while then I should be able to work something out... He trails off as he walks out of the building. The other, yet unnamed, man at the table sits back down and peers thoughtfully at you all but just as he seems about to say something, Bullium speaks up.

Well fair enough! He laughs. Would seem like introductions are in order again! I would be Bullium, blacksmith of th' village and current captain o' th' militia. The fine lady here would be Shareen Ashwood, our local 'erbalist. The green gent sitting there would be Pell, not quite sure what 'e does round 'ere... Er... And the guy what just left is Olwin, our sad excuse for a clergyman. The bunch o' sour grapes o'er there would be Len, proprietor of this 'ere inn. Ignore 'im, 'e don't tend to be one fer likin' outsiders.

At this, Len sneers and walks back to his bar where he makes a poor pretence at washing mugs. Bullium let's out a loud belch to which Shareen gives him another look of disgust before standing up.

I guess you'll have some questions for us... Well, all we know about you are the stories you've been telling us these past days. Which would you like to hear first? The invasion of the Orc-King's castle? The destruction of the dragon Fëre? We know a little about your journey into the temple of Llolth and there was that one you told us on your first day about how you killed a demon lord too.

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:06 pm

Aye i do not think that it matters what order that you speak them just that we can know more about our selves. walks over feeling a littel more at ease but ready none the less to blast them will partake in the refreshments provided

Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by Dink » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:15 pm

Nain, keeps an eye on Pell and listens to what the woman has to say.
The desire for freedom is strong (she looks at the door), but decides in an act of pure will to stay and listen.

Information are welcome. Might be interesting to know who I am.
At least what you think of me.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:52 pm

Drift sits and listens to the introductions. I am Rift, although I am sure you know this already. But it is a pleasure to meet you again. The stories you wish to retell us should be good to hopefully jog our memories, but more importantly I wish to know why our memories are missing. There was a priestess of some sort in my dream who told me to help guide my friends to recalling their memories.

grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by grepme2001 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:30 pm

Metal Man just sits. Listening.

valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by valinor » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:59 pm

You sought out heroes? Well, I happen to be one and my name is Ny' Feraeth though you may call me Knife for short. states the rather young elf.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:16 pm

Tagrel, feet still on the table, says, Stories are good, but how do we know if we were telling the truth? Maybe we're a bunch of liars...

rednetra
DUKE
DUKE

Post by rednetra » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:18 pm

there was some crazy bitch in my dream saying i was here. this Dwarf is know ones.

Return to “{PbP} Chosen [CLOSED]”