Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Amnesia's a bitch!
User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:46 pm

Memories are well and good. It's the fights I want to hear about.More Ale!

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:33 am

Shareen looks around at each of you in turn as you speak. She eventually seems to decide on something and says Well, I suppose the best help we can offer is for Colwood Olwin to return with some good news. Until then, I suppose we can weave your tales back to you. She looks expectantly over at Pell who smiles and clears his throat. Before he gets to say anything however, you hear a shriek coming from outside.

Colwood! Bullium yells, and he immediately bounds out of the building into the daylight. They're back! You hear him yell back into the room.

Oh dear... Pell says, wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead. My friends, I do hope you remember how to fight! As he finishes speaking, he too runs out of the room with Shareen in tow. Soon you are left with just yourselves and Len, who looks at you with a sneer and saunters calmly into the outside.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by rednetra » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:46 am

Will follow out side and ready to blast anyone that is in need to blasting
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Dink » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:56 am

I hate it, when someone disturbs me.This was already the second time today. *$%*§"*%

With that Nain takes a deep breath and slips into the nearest shadow to vanish.

She moves outside making sure her steps are always less noisy than those of others.
If she finds anywhere a ranged weapon she grabs it.
Outside she stays in the shadows. As soon as she is sure to be unnoticed, she will take a closer look at the situation.

But most important she will stay off any dirty spots. This is just not a good time of the day to clean up everything because of some bullies.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I will be away next week. Still I will try to check for the latest moves, but don't wait for it. Just go ahead.

Nain will stay in the shadows, jump out of it and attack from behind for an extra 1d6 damage and dodge for another point of AC (or flanking for the extra 1d6 still dodging).
If not flanking she will tumble away from the attacked, get back into the shadow, spend one round cleaning up her outfit if necessary (especially the Talosan Hook and her hair) and get an overview of the situation to go back to action.

If anyone uses a ranged weapon, she will help to kill the one with the best looking longbow (shortbow or other ranged weapon in the order of damage).
If any weapon looks way better than the others (in the meaning of good looking), she will go for the better looking one.

 

Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:45 am

Gir will run outside with the others.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6183
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by patransom » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:30 pm

Tagrel growls, then changes shape into an odd-looking leopard with white, matted fur and darts toward the door.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 2:09 pm
Location: Salem, OR

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by grepme2001 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:08 pm

Metal Man rises slowly from the table and moves over towards the door, peeking out to see what is going on.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by klakxor » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:30 pm

THINKING: Hmmm, I wonder who exactly is back.

Rift takes his scimitar out of it's sheath and rolls it around in his hand as e slowly follows the others out.

User avatar
AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am
Location: US - VA - Sterling
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by AlGromHerrit » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:53 pm

Therrass will move outside with everyone else. He will look around and try to figure out what is going on.
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:16 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Valinor, in the spirit of moving on, I am assuming you are following the rest of them outside, if this is not the case then let me know and I will retcon for you.

 

Everyone follows Bullium, Shareen, Pell and Len out of the inn you woke up in. Outside, you see a scene of carnage. Or, more specifically, what was once a scene of carnage. Blood is spattered all over the grassy ground, dried now but still very much in evidence. Every now and then you see a shattered arrow but apart from the blood, the grass is mostly clear. The exception to this however are the eleven creatures standing down the path from where you are. None of them are much taller than three foot and they all have sickly yellow skin with flat faces and jagged everything else. Apart from the one in the middle, they all seem to have javelins in their hands and are wearing some kind of leathery armour. The one in the middle is remarkably different however. He stands closer to four foot than three and is sitting quite calmly on the back of what appears to be a large black ball with eight legs and large mandibles. You can't see any weapons on him nor do you see him wearing any armour.

Just in front of the group, there is a prone figure lying on the ground, you recognise it immediately as Colwood but he doesn't seem to be moving at all. Bullium is kneeling down on the path and seems to be quite insensible. You see Pell and Shareen standing off to one side by a tree but neither of them seem to be injured in any way. Finally, Len is doing his best to stay out of the way besides the inn.

You all emerge from the inn to the above scene, Nain San manages to slide herself into a shadowed area and is relatively confident that she's hidden. Tagrel now appears to be some kind of dirty white cat. Everyone else is just appreciating the view.

As soon as you emerge from the inn, the creature sitting on the eight-legged creature raises it's voice and says something in a peculiar language (OOC: If anyone speaks Goblin let me know and I'll PM you the details of what it yells). You do however understand two names. That of Therass and that of Krill. As soon as it is finished speaking, the creatures surrounding it roar and brandish their weapons threateningly towards you.

INITIATIVE ORDER:
Ny' Feraeth
Vornon Cross
Nain San
Rift Drussel
Therrass
Villagers
Goblins
"Metal Man"
Tagrel
Girruth Stormhammer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6183
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by patransom » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:14 pm

Since Tagrel goes after the goblins, he'll wait to see where they are before deciding what to do...
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 2:09 pm
Location: Salem, OR

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by grepme2001 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:17 pm

Metal Man mutters something about being caught unprepared and takes a free action and reassigns the enhancement bonus on his weapon to his armor class, for an amazing total ac of 13.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Rift draws his scimitar and moves forward to Bellium. Friend, are you okay?

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by rednetra » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Vornon will move too 810 and let a Eldric blast fly at the goblin infront of him.
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:43 pm

Gir will move forward and in front of Bullium and call upon his rage.

User avatar
grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 2:09 pm
Location: Salem, OR

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by grepme2001 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:56 pm

"Metal Man" steps forward into the space vacated by Rift and pulls a small slip of parchment from a pouch at his hip. With an utterance of what at first sounds like gibberish he crumbles the parchment in his left fist and then drags his fist down the back of Girruth's armor. Anyone nearby who is adequately steeped in the art of spellcraft should feel a subtle pattern in the sound and gesture and recognize it as a defensive incantation, Shield of Faith, adding a +2 deflection bonus to Gir's armor for one minute. That should help to keep your skin intact. Now, if you would be so kind as to keep those filthy things away from me you would have my gratitude., he says to Gir while tossing a fist full of ashes over his right shoulder.

If Gir wishes to resist the infusion, it is a DC 15 will save to negate the effects. ;)

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Dink » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:30 am

Nain remains silent and moves to 0913.
If none of the goblins has moves yet, she will try to make it to 1312 and stay hidden (if there is enough shadow to stay hidden, otherwise somewhere in the shadows closeby).
OUT OF CHARACTER
I missed what time of the day it is, could you write this again.

 

Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:20 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Dink - It is mid-afternoon.

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am
Location: US - VA - Sterling
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by AlGromHerrit » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:21 am

Therrass will point at the big goblin that is on the spider and What do you want with me!

He will then fire his Eldritch blast at it. (he is right at 60' If you would like me to move I can but should not need to)
Ranged Touch @ a +4 for 1d6 damage. (1d20+4=14, 1d6=6)
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:32 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Once Valinor posts I'll validate the first combat round. Until then, everyone is free to alter their moves if somebody does something that would make a difference.

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by valinor » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:33 am

Ahh, playtime? It seems you've invited some guest and want to speak. I want that one. as he points at the talkative goblin and winks at it smiling, as if a predator has found its prey. Taking one of his strange looking swords out and walking to another area (0811).

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:54 pm

Ahh, playtime? It seems you've invited some guest and want to speak. I want that one. Ny'Feraeth says as he draws a weapon and moves forward slightly.

Vornon also moves forwards and lets fly with a blast of energy that just misses one of the creatures. The attacked minion looks extremely shocked by this!

Nain, still being sneaky, moves forward swiftly.

Rift draws a weapon and moves up behind Bullium. Friend, are you okay? he asks the large man. Bullium turns around with tears in his eyes but apart from that seems to ignore the question.

What do you want with me! Therass yells out at the bigger creature. Unlike Vornon, his blast lands a solid hit and the creature grunts at the pain.

Pell and Shareen just stand there, not quite knowing what to do. Bullium keeps on kneeling, his body racking with quiet sobs. Len seems quite content to just watch and Colwood is still down on the floor but Nain thinks she can just make out the rise and fall of a breathing chest.

Three of the creatures move forwards, dropping their javelins to the ground and drawing thick spiked clubs whilst adopting somewhat defensive postures. The rest also move forwards, but end with throwing their javelins at you all. One hits Ny'Feraeth for 4 damage. One hits Vornon for 2 damage. One also hits Rift for 4 damage. The rest miss. The lead creature doesn't move from his mounted position.

"Metal Man" moves up to Gir, casts a spell and says That should help to keep your skin intact. Now, if you would be so kind as to keep those filthy things away from me you would have my gratitude. to the Dwarf.

INITIATIVE ORDER:
Tagrel
Girruth Stormhammer
==END OF ROUND 1==
Ny' Feraeth
Vornon Cross
Nain San
Rift Drussel
Therrass
Villagers
Goblins
"Metal Man"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6183
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by patransom » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:17 pm

Tagrel lets out a loud snarl and sprints past Nain, then heads off to the right. For a moment it looks like he's fleeing the area, but he turns back, ending next to goblin 2. He attempts to bite the goblin on the leg.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Tagrel's speed in predator form is 50', so this is a single move in a sort of loop to avoid AoOs: first to 1012, then 1113, 1214, 1313. The bite attack is +6, 1d6+8.

I really wanted to insert a direct link to the Penn State Nittany Lion roar in this post, but I couldn't figure out how to do it...

 

Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by rednetra » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:50 pm

Vornon will again let go another blast upset that his first blast did not hit. i am shooting 1113
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:01 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
There isn't anything in 1113, did you mean another location?

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4209
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by rednetra » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:50 pm

yes sorry 1311 Disyxlia kicked in again
Image

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by valinor » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:01 am

Time to move Rift. the elf states as he moves towards (1211) the goblin (4) slicing with his weapon.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Mind, I use Invis Castle for dice roll? AC: 19, to hit: +7, dmg 1d8+1

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Nvm, Invis Castle is currently down at this day and time.

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by klakxor » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:29 am

Bellium, if you cannot help, stay out of the way at least.

Rift will jump over the crying man's body, shifting as he moves, and rolls over into square 1210 slashing at creature 1. I am here with you, my friend.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Jumping and rolling into the square is really only for cinematic effect. If you want to roll, jump is 5 ranks and tumble is 0 ranks
Shifting lasts for 9 rounds
Attack is at +4, 1d6+4

 


User avatar
AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am
Location: US - VA - Sterling
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by AlGromHerrit » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:35 am

Therrass will move to 0711 he will then shoot the big guy on the spider in 1711.

Ranged Touch @ a +4 for 1d6 damage. (the castle is dead sorry)
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

User avatar
grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 2:09 pm
Location: Salem, OR

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by grepme2001 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:53 pm

On his next turn MM will pull out his crossbow and load it.

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Chosen [CLOSED]”