Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Amnesia's a bitch!
User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Dink » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:20 pm

Nain waits until 2 is distracted. At the right moment she will 'flow' from shadow to shadow and end up in a first move at 1315.
Then she makes sure to slip into the shadow behind the house, waiting for 10 and * to be distracted. That way she allows the shadow to gently move her to 1613.

I am sure the sun will blind you for what goes well with the shadows.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:01 am

Tagrel sprints around in a wide loop, ending next to a creature that soon finds itself without a throat. [[Overkill! Got a max damage critical hit on it.]]

Gir moves forward and throws himself into a rage.

Ny'Feraeth moves and slices at a creature with his blade. Unfortunately, the attack just skims off to the side of the little creature.

Vornon tries to loose another blast, but this one misses even more badly than the first one did. [[Critical Miss! Unlucky]]

Nain is still being sneaky, and manages to move up behind the house. [[Assuming you don't want massive penalties, I only moved you to 1315 for now.]]

Rift tumbles forwards and the creature being attacked is so stunned from the shifting that it seems to throw itself onto Rift's weapon! [[Another dead creature from a max damage critical hit... Seems like DM sheet is going all or nothing at the moment.]]

Therass moves and launches another blast at the larger goblin. This one however shoots well wide.

Pell and Shareen rush forwards and start pleading with Bullium to move out of the way. Len and Colwood don't seem to be doing anything new.

The goblins all rush forwards with shrieks. Two of them manage to land solid hits on Rift, despite their obvious fear of the shifting creature. Another one also hits Tagrel.

The goblins in the back ranks are now out of javelins and seem quite content to mill around aimlessly.

"Metal Man" draws his crossbow and sets a bolt into the runner.

INITIATIVE ORDER AND CURRENT HP:
Tagrel 7/11
Girruth Stormhammer 17/17
==END OF ROUND 1==
Ny' Feraeth 9/13
Vornon Cross 6/8
Nain San 8/8
Rift Drussel 1/11
Therrass 9/9
Villagers
Goblins
"Metal Man" 6/6
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by patransom » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:18 am

Jaws dripping with blood, Tagrel attempts to replicate his last attack and rip Goblin 8's throat out.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Still +6, 1d6+8

 

Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Dink » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:15 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry I just figured out that I cannot move that far. My bad. So this is my updated turn.

 

Nain moves to the south east corner of the house (1515) peeks around the corner and silently continues to slip from one shadow to the next until she gets to 1714 and from there to 1712 (movement happens whenever someone shouts or the sound of combat overlaps with her steps).

Standing hidden next to the spider, she tries to make out vulnerable and live essential parts of the spider.
If this spider produces strands, she will try to figure out if it is possible to block/damage this with a single blow.
Otherwise it seems to be fair enough to rip off a leg, so that the rider falls off. Nain's weapon seems to be perfect to hook up with a leg and rip it apart.

Nain always goes for AoO for some extra damage.
OUT OF CHARACTER
+1d6

 

Last edited by Dink on Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1578
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:59 am

Gir will move to 1212 and attack goblin 8 with his waraxe held in both hands, if it still standing. If not he will attack goblin 4.

User avatar
AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am
Location: US - VA - Sterling
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by AlGromHerrit » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:21 pm

Therrass will move up to 0911. He will then Back you foul crreaturress and use Baleful Utterance on the weapon of Goblin 7. The Goblin will need to make a Will save of DC 17 or its weapon shatters. If it fails the DC 17 Will save it will then have to make a DC 17 Fort save or be dazed for 1 round and defaned for 1 min.
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by rednetra » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:25 am

"Stop moveing you blood wanker" will let go another blast at any of the goblins not in melee combat

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by klakxor » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:22 am

Rift will step back 5 feet (1110) and activate the power of his armor (clw on himself).

User avatar
grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 2:09 pm
Location: Salem, OR

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by grepme2001 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:46 pm

Knowing that he is far from the best shot, Metal Man will pick a target as far away from his Allys as possible and attempt to shot it, All the while complaining loudly about not being designed for combat.

Attack: 1d20+2=22, Damage: 1d8=4
Crit Confirm: 1d20+2=7, Damage: 1d8=7)

SpoilerShow
Laptop.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by rednetra » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:06 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
what is this DM sheet you talk about

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by klakxor » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:59 pm

rednetra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
what is this DM sheet you talk about

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
I believe he is using the DM sheet that patransom created for TOS and TOS+. I use it in my games too. It is a great addition to the the tools the sheet itself provides (and it's free and it integrates with the sheet and all sorts of other awesome stuff)

 


User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:16 pm

klakxor wrote:
rednetra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
what is this DM sheet you talk about

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
I believe he is using the DM sheet that patransom created for TOS and TOS+. I use it in my games too. It is a great addition to the the tools the sheet itself provides (and it's free and it integrates with the sheet and all sorts of other awesome stuff)

 

I completely agree. I was almost dreading this until I found that spreadsheet. Saved me lots of time.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by valinor » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Ny continues his attack on the critter composing himself for not causing damage to the creature.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:57 am

Tagrel bites again at one of the goblins. It's throat doesn't go missing, but it is still dead from the gaping hole in it's side.

Gir wades in to combat and manages to send his axe deep through the collar bone of one goblin, crumpling it to the floor.

Ny attacks again at a creature, this time his attack strikes true and the goblin is put down.

Vornon looses another blast into the enemies, but this one too seems to hit closer to the moon than any of the enemies. [[Yikes! That's your second crit miss in a row...]]

Nain manages to sneak up to the mounted goblin. At the very last moment, the leader of the creatures spots her but the spider isn't nearly as lucky, getting a massive wound in it's bloated abdomen, causing it to crumple to the floor. The leader goblin is nimble enough to jump clear of it's dead mount however and snarls at you.

Rift moves out of combat and invokes the power of his armour. His more serious wounds close up somewhat and he is looking more healthy now.

Therass moves forward, using one of his invocations. The goblin targeted however is having none of it and his weapon stays sturdy. [[Goblin 7 was already dead, so I used it against Goblin 9, still managed to roll a 20 on the save though...]]

Pell and Shareen begin dragging Bullium's sobbing body out of the way.

The Goblins are a bit more wary now, but with a snarled word from their leader, they still charge forwards. One of them manages to hit Rift and another manages to hit Tagrel. The leader charges at Nain San, seemingly drawing a sword out of nowhere, it hits but Nain is still standing.

Despite his claims to the contrary, Metal Man manages to send his crossbow bolt straight through the throat of a goblin, killing it almost instantly.

INITIATIVE ORDER AND CURRENT HP:
Tagrel 7/11
Girruth Stormhammer 17/17
==END OF ROUND 1==
Ny' Feraeth 3/13
Vornon Cross 6/8
Nain San 3/8
Rift Drussel 3/11
Therrass 9/9
Villagers
Goblins
"Metal Man" 6/6
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by rednetra » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:10 am

I do not care if i hit one of my fellow people (just kidding) i will try and hit any of the goblins
OUT OF CHARACTER
Also wanted to thank people with the DM page

 


User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1578
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:22 am

Gir will attack goblin 9 with his axe held two-handed.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Dink » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Iiii-Yack
After she killed the Spider, the only thing she really wants, is to take a bath.
But first of all - she knows - she needs to focus.

Nain fully concentrates on her defense - a total defense - with a focus on the Goblinleader.
She moves to 1310 laughing at the Goblinleader and Goblin 10 and their pitiful attacks.
SpoilerShow
total defensively (+4 AC) -standard action-
Dodge (feat) using against Goblinleader
Good thing Nain cannot see Tagrel (at least her concentration is on the close combat fight).
I guess she could not concentrate on fighting any longer.
But she surely is deeply impressed by Gir. What a man.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by valinor » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:19 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Did Ny got hit? :) not sure from 9 down to 3.. :) just asking.

 

As the corpse of the creature slides off his blade, in a sudden movement from one hand to another he attacks the goblin attacking Rift and the one in front of him.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Using Steel Wind I attack both goblins #3 and #5, Att Bonus +7, Dmg d8+1, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/276473
Goblin #3 (22 to hit, dmg 3); Goblin #5 (20 to hit, dmg 8 )

 


User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:43 pm

valinor wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Did Ny got hit? :) not sure from 9 down to 3.. :) just asking.

 

Whoops! That's my bad, it was actually Tagrel that took that damage so... yeah... :oops:
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by patransom » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Benji wrote:
valinor wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Did Ny got hit? :) not sure from 9 down to 3.. :) just asking.

 

Whoops! That's my bad, it was actually Tagrel that took that damage so... yeah... :oops:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Ah... I thought Tagrel had picked up some kind of damage reduction all of a sudden :)

 

Tagrel growls angrily about the wounds inflicted by the goblins. He steps away from the goblin in front of him (5-foot step), shifts out of predator form (a free action), casts cure light wounds on himself (std action, 1d8+1), then returns to predator form (a swift action).
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by klakxor » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:58 am

Rift will move to 1209 and flank to attack number 3 if it is still standing after Ny's attack, otherwise he will move over to Colwood and check on him (+3 on heal check)

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:49 pm

Just waiting on the last two people
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 2:09 pm
Location: Salem, OR

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by grepme2001 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:04 pm

Metal Man will load up his crossbow and take pot shot at #3 if it is still standing, if not the shot will be aimed at #5. If both of those have been taken down by our friends Ny and Rift, he'll switch to #9.

Aquation Bow attack (-4 for shooting into melee) (1d20-2=5, 1d8=3)

I'm pretty sure the shot goes wide and sticks into the side of a barn in some far off village, possibly on a different plane.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:58 am

Just waiting on AlGromHerrit now, and then I'll validate
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am
Location: US - VA - Sterling
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by AlGromHerrit » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:45 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry about that got distracted.

 

Therrass will use Baleful Utterance on the weapon of Goblin 5. If that goblin is dead he will pick a living target. If he needs to move he will, he has a 40 foot base move. The Goblin will need to make a Will save of DC 17 or its weapon shatters. If it fails the DC 17 Will save it will then have to make a DC 17 Fort save or be dazed for 1 round and defaned for 1 min.
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Benji » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:03 pm

Tagrel backs away from his enemy, shifting back to his normal form and casts a spell. Some of his wounds close up a little bit, and then he shifts back.

Gir launches another swing at a new goblin, but this time his attack goes wide.

Ny'Feraeth attacks two enemies at once in a blur of movement. Both attacks hit, but only one of the goblins falls from the onslaught.

Vornon launches another blast at a goblin, unlike the previous two, this one goes straight into the goblin that Ny had previously hit, knocking it to the floor.

Nain shifts her stance into a purely defensive one as she taunts the two goblins assaulting her. As she moves out of combat, one of her enemies takes a swing at her which passes well clear.

Rift moves over to where Colwood is lying down on the floor. He is still breathing, but you can't quite tell just how bad his wounds are, although there is a pretty horrible looking bruise on his forehead.

Therass uses his invocation on the closest standing goblin. It's weapon explodes into pieces, but the goblin doesn't seem overly shaken by this fact and is still in a (somewhat pointless) combat stance.

Pell and Shareen leave Bullium's body on the ground as they seek better cover. Len and Colwood are still doing next to bugger all.

The goblin leader yells out something in it's own speech and backs away a little bit. [[Again, if anyone who speaks Goblin wants to know what was said then PM me and I will tell you.]] The weaponless goblin bends down to pick up the weapon from one of it's comrades, only to find both Gir and Ny taking the oppurtunity to attack it. Ny's weapon goes through it's left eye whilst Gir's axe chops the rest of it's head off. The other goblin moves forward and lands a solid blow atop one of Rift's recently healed injuries.

Metal Man's crossbow bolt manages to pierce the garden shed of Tiamat on her home plane. Tiamat, being a pragmatic deity, launches a premature assault on the domain of Bahamut in retaliation. She is summarily rebuked and everything goes back to normal.

INITIATIVE ORDER AND CURRENT HP:
Tagrel 5/11
Girruth Stormhammer 17/17
==END OF ROUND 1==
Ny' Feraeth 9/13
Vornon Cross 6/8
Nain San 3/8
Rift Drussel 3/11
Therrass 9/9
Villagers
Goblins
"Metal Man" 6/6
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5849
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by patransom » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:39 pm

Tagrel gives off a growl that sounds a little like a whine (complaining about the poor performance of his last spell, one might imagine). He unshifts (free action), casts Lesser Vigor on himself (standard action, fast healing 1 for 11 rounds), then changes back into cat form (swift action), and pads off around the other side of the house to see if he can spy any more goblins (move action to 1615). Once there, he sees that two are still standing and growls ferociously.
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by Dink » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:26 pm

If the Goblinleader turns his back towards Nain, she will sneak up on him (move silent and bluff if needed, moving to 1812).
She will wait for the right moment to attack him (AoO).

If the Goblinleader faces the party Nain moves to a place close to 2210 and stays in full defense, looking for a shadow to slide in.

In any case she will dodge the goblin leader (feat).
Image Dungeon Master (2)

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1578
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:03 pm

Gir will move to 1611.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter One: Wh-where am I?

Post by rednetra » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:14 pm

Vornon will move too 1610

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Chosen [CLOSED]”