Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Amnesia's a bitch!
Post Reply
User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by Benji » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:40 pm

You all awake the next day feeling a bit more confident. Just yesterday you had to deal with complete loss of memory and the fact that you just gained something back, however small, has to be a comfort.

As you all trickle back into the bar from your room (or led back by Shareen in Nain's case) you see the same people there again. Bullium and Pell are laughing over a pitcher of ale, Len is scowling at everyone from behind the bar, even Colwood is there with a mug in his hand. The night's sleep seemed to work wonders for him although he still looks very pale.

As Shareen enters, she looks around and smiles. Taking a seat, she gestures at Len who sullenly brings over a fresh pitcher of ale and a number of tankards. He makes sure to place it far away from the greedier members of your group, but Bullium simply laughs and slides it down to where the Dwarves are sitting.

All in all, you would never guess that these people had just been attacked over the past couple of days, they seem completely without fear of the goblins or anything associated with them.

Pell. Shareen says after a sip of her drink. Did you find anything useful last night?

Pell clears his throat. I know scant little about Krill and his gang. When they attack, they come from the East but who knows where their horde camps out there. The only bits of information I have are optimistic guesses. The first is that there used to be a small keep about three miles away from here. Although abandoned, last reports showed that it hadn't become ruins quite yet. I assume that Krill would be holed up there as it could be quite defensible. Alternatively, there are a large number of caves dotted around the woods around here and he could be keeping his troops there. Other than those two ideas, I suppose the only other option is for one of you to track some of his soldiers back the way they came.

The four sitting look at each other nervously before Shareen speaks up. Ah... We're only a poor village and don't have much to offer you, but we all feel that you need some kind of reward for all that you've done for us, and are about to do. We weren't always simple villagers, we were once like you. Adventuring seemed like the right thing to do for all of us but we gave it up once we found this place and decided to stay and grow old together in peace. A peace that Krill has shattered. I was up for accompanying you, but I feel I would only slow you down so we decided to share some of our equipment with you. There are eight packs outside filled with the bare essentials required for travel. Food, drink, sleeping kits and all that stuff. We can share some of our more personal effects with you all as well, even Len agreed to that.

On to the table, Bullium drags a large sack. Opening it, he pours out it's contents to reveal a number of useful bits and bobs:
  • A set of well oiled and kept tools designed for opening locks and disabling traps (Masterwork Thieves Tools)
    A fantastic looking lute with stylised dragons carved into the woodwork (Masterwork Lute)
    A handful of hammers balanced for throwing (3 Masterwork Throwing Hammers)
    A collection of knives, likewise balanced for throwing as well as combat (5 Masterwork Daggers)
    A small book (Shareen describes this as her backup spellbook)
    A case with a few small bottles in it (A total of ten potions, none of them are labelled and no-one out of the group knows what they do)
    A large metal shield with intricate enamel covering it (Bullium says it's magical, but he doesn't know what kind)
    A fine looking leather helmet (Colwood says that this too is magical and seems to provide him with a better amount of protection)
    A plain looking silver ring (Pell says this is also magical, but he's not sure what it does)
    A single copper coin (Len says it's saved his life numerous times, but he won't elaborate on that)
Take what you need. Bullium says. If you're successful then we won't need it anymore and if you're not... Well, let's not talk about that now.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 2:09 pm
Location: Salem, OR

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by grepme2001 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:55 pm

Rummaging through the pile, "Metal Man" comes out with the case of potion and shakes his head... When will people learn to label potion bottles. He takes the case over to a quiet corner and begins analyzing the contents of each bottle...

Spellcraft: What do these potions do? (1d20 11=20, 1d20 11=17, 1d20 11=25, 1d20 11=22, 1d20 11=20, 1d20 11=29, 1d20 11=19, 1d20 11=25, 1d20 11=31, 1d20 11=16)

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by Benji » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:37 pm

Metal Man:
SpoilerShow
The ones you can work out appear to be two of Cure Light Wounds, one of Delay Poison and one of Bull's Strength.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by Dink » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:03 pm

Nain finds it hard to resist to most of the stuff. She starts counting up to 20, takes a deep breath and says in the best ladylike, still pushing, way:
"I would not mind taking the tools and the daggers."

If the ring is not only plain, but a bit fancier she would add:
"But overall I have to try the Ring."

She resists the urge to run to the goodies and finishes her breakfast first and then go over to the left overs.

Nain takes a quick look at the tools, the lute, the knives, the ring and the coin (if these items are still there).
OUT OF CHARACTER
Is this a check vs. "Use magic device"?
If there is anything that fits to her dreams, it would be great to know.

 

Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by Benji » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:51 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Nothing looks especially fancy apart from the lute. The rest of it just looks well made without any extra flair. The ring is extremely plain. Just a silver band. And for checking out the items, if you want to know what they really do then an Identify spell would probably be best. Detect Magic combined with Spellcraft checks can give you a general hint as to it all as well. Spellcraft could also work on the potions.

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
grepme2001
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 2:09 pm
Location: Salem, OR

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by grepme2001 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:55 pm

OK, to the best of my knowledge we have two Cure Light Wounds potions, one Delay Poison potion and one Bull's Strength potion, MM says placing the potions back on the table, but the rest are a mystery. Eying the helmet he continues, While most of my body can be replaced, my head is actually valuable to me, can you be more specific as to what kind of protection this helm may offer?

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by patransom » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Tagrel looks briefly at the pile of goodies, but decides that none of the items is edible, or otherwise of great interest to him. He waits patiently for the group to sort things out, so he can go outside.
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1582
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:14 pm

Gir makes way towards the gear, running an appraising eye over it all before picking up the throwing hammers and shield. I'll take these unless someone else needs em. Now I just need a razor, a needle and some ink and I'll be ready. As he mentions the razor, his hand rubs over the stubble on his head.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by klakxor » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:49 pm

Rift eats quietly, allowing his friends to look through the items. When he is finished, he will walk over to the pile. It all looks rather plain. Of all things, I think the coin sounds the most interesting of them. If no one else is interested in it, I would be glad to take.

User avatar
AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am
Location: US - VA - Sterling
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by AlGromHerrit » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:51 pm

Therrass will make his way over to the table. He will hover his left hand over each of the remaining items for a second or two. As his hand hovers over the ring.
OUT OF CHARACTER
For effect.. His hand will glow with eldritch fire.

 

I will take thiss. It remindss mee of home.
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by Benji » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:56 am

patransom wrote:Tagrel looks briefly at the pile of goodies, but decides that none of the items is edible, or otherwise of great interest to him. He waits patiently for the group to sort things out, so he can go outside.
For some reason, this just gave me the idea of a dog scratching at the back door so it can make it's business...
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by Dink » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:57 am

Nain takes a closer at the lute.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Fancy - hmm. Can you describe it a bit more.

 

Shareen, do you have some gloves for me?
Putting on the gloves Nain moves to Tagrel and start petting the cat. At least she tries hard to make up for what happend last night.
THINKING: Iiiiijjack, ##&$§#
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by rednetra » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:26 pm

IM not one for the way i look so i would like to use the helmet. can always use more protection Vornon will put the helmet on him since he is comfterble that it is not cursed since they said they have used it.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by Benji » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:49 pm

  • A set of well oiled and kept tools designed for opening locks and disabling traps (Masterwork Thieves Tools) - Nain
    A fantastic looking lute with stylised dragons carved into the woodwork (Masterwork Lute)
    A handful of hammers balanced for throwing (3 Masterwork Throwing Hammers) - Gir
    A collection of knives, likewise balanced for throwing as well as combat (5 Masterwork Daggers) - Nain
    A small book (Shareen describes this as her backup spellbook)
    A case with a few small bottles in it (A total of ten potions, none of them are labelled and no-one out of the group knows what they do)
    • 1. Unknown
      2. Unknown
      3. Cure Light Wounds
      4. Unknown
      5. Unknown but looks similar to the Cure Light Wounds potion
      6. Cure Light Wounds
      7. Unknown but looks like a more concentrated version of the Bulls Strength potion
      8. Bulls Strength
      9. Delay Poison
      10. Unknown but looks like a more concentrated version of the Cure Light Wounds potion
    A large metal shield with intricate enamel covering it (Bullium says it's magical, but he doesn't know what kind) - Gir
    A fine looking leather helmet (Colwood says that this too is magical and seems to provide him with a better amount of protection) - Vornon/Metal Man
    A plain looking silver ring (Pell says this is also magical, but he's not sure what it does) - Therrass
    A single copper coin (Len says it's saved his life numerous times, but he won't elaborate on that) - Rift


Metal Man:
Out of the potions you couldn't identify, you think a few of them might have similar effects to others you have detected (see above). Also, nobody seems to know much about the helmet other than it provides protection. You might want to discuss with Vornon who gets it :P

Gir: The shield is much lighter than you would have thought. Apart from the unknown magical properties, consider it as weighing half of what a heavy steel shield would normally weigh. Bullium says he can get you a razor and Pell has some ink to offer but also says No offense meant, but you don't seem to be of either the scholarly or fixing type, why would you want ink and a needle?

Rift: Upon picking up the coin, you notice that it has two heads. One is of a jester's head in full motley, whilst the other is of a weeping woman. It also seems to be heavier than you would expect a single piece of copper to be.

Therrass: On picking up the ring you notice that it truly is completely unremarkable. Apart from maybe being able to get you a few coins at a store, you doubt it could possibly hold any magical enchantment. Both Pell and Shareen are adamant that it contains some enchantments however.

Nain: Shareen will be happy to provide you with a pair of gloves. She calmly asks whether you would prefer functionality or style. As for the lute, it just appears to be very intricately detailed. Pell says that he himself carved the dragons into it, but it was of very fine quality when he purchased it.

Vornon: As you put the helmet on, your vision blurs for a moment but quickly corrects itself. Nothing seems different after that.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am
Location: US - VA - Sterling
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by AlGromHerrit » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:17 pm

Therrass will walk over to where Pell and Shareen are standing or sitting. What can you tell me of thiss prrettiess hisstorry? It sseemss familurre for ssome rreasson. It sseemss plain but it iss more I can feel it. He will spin the ring on his finger as they talk.
Last edited by AlGromHerrit on Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1582
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:25 pm

Gir says Bullium You're right. I need to make my new marks. When he sees Bullium's confusion over this statement he motions to his arms which have, in between the larger tattoos, small tattoos in dwarven runes for different types of monsters. There is very little empty space left on his arms.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by rednetra » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:23 pm

Vornon will blink for a few moments Aye nothing seems funny nice. Now weres the food and drink
Last edited by rednetra on Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by Dink » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:02 am

SpoilerShow
Nain grabs the lute and it vanishes in her sleeves. Nain just cant resist.
Nain walkes over to Shareen
It would be great to have two pairs of gloves. If possible both of a dark color.
Thanks for the daggers and the the tools. They are wonderful.
I remember that I heard of a nice set of small hammers and .... (continues to talk forever)
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by Benji » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:07 pm

Therrass wrote:What can you tell me of thiss prrettiess hisstorry? It sseemss familurre for ssome rreasson. It sseemss plain but it iss more I can feel it.
All we know is that whenever Len flipped it into the air and caught it he just became... Pell seems to struggle for the right word before ending on ...competent...
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:52 am
Location: US - VA - Sterling
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by AlGromHerrit » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:31 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Flipped a ring in the air??? Or did you mean this for the coin?

 

Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by Benji » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:43 am

Ah! Crap! Sorry =P Got mixed up there.

Ah... But of course you meant the ring. Pell says in an embarrassed tone. Not much known about it to be honest. We know it's magic but that's all.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by valinor » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:40 am

Ny just watches and listen as he peels and eats an apple.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by rednetra » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:13 pm

Seeing an Apple and food Vonron will start eating a Apple

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by Benji » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:27 pm

Is there anything else that anybody needs? If not, then you still have a decision before you... Where next?
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by patransom » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:15 pm

Tagrel says, Goblin huntin' time? and looks optimistically at the door.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Tagrel is not in cat form, nor is he scratching at the door to be let out... Although I admit I'm having a hard time keeping that image out of my head :)

 

Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by klakxor » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:24 pm

I do believe you are right Tagrel. It is time to start hunting goblins.

Rift will nod to the the townsfolk. We thank you for your assistance and will do our best to rid you of the problems you are facing.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by rednetra » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:25 pm

IM all for killing us some goblins. A hunting we shell go

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by Dink » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:55 am

Nain steps out of her corner.
I will aid you in your search for goblins. But one question:
Why not wait and stay here. Last time they came, this time they will show up, if they are really after us.
That way we could capture one of them.
If - at the same time - one of us waits in the woods, we could see if their boss is in the area.
(with a slight disgust - looking at the cat) And later you could eat the goblin...
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by klakxor » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:19 am

Nain, your plan sounds as solid as any, but why endanger the lives of these folks any more then we already have.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Two: On the road again, for the very first time

Post by rednetra » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:37 am

"im all for making the bastards come too usbut I would also say I we raid there camp there might be papes or more clues there. since this evil bastard kills his hubchmen."

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Chosen [CLOSED]”