Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Amnesia's a bitch!
Post Reply
User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Benji » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:05 pm

The night of rest passes quite peacefully. Nothing stirs in the abandoned camp where you stayed except for the flame which continues to flicker atop it's mounds of rocks. Despite the time that has passed, Therrass still doesn't wake up. He seems to be completely comatose and were it not for the catfolk's pulse you would all think he were dead.

As it seems like the general idea now is to travel to a nearby city, how are you going to get there? Retrace your steps back to the small village? Or would you rather blunder around until you can find it?
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by klakxor » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:25 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I was under the impression that Coin knew the way.....

 


User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Benji » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:32 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
He knows that there's a city nearby but not where it is. Krill wasn't exactly big on giving her staff vacations.

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by rednetra » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:47 pm

THINKING: i think we retrace our steps. i hate getting lost

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by patransom » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:05 pm

Tagrel says, Let's go back to the village first. We should tell them we took care of the crazy gnome lady. Maybe they'll be happy and give us more tasty food. He licks his lips, drooling a bit. Then we can worry about finding a the city with a smart person.
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:35 pm

I agree. Back to the village first then on to the city. says Gir.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Dink » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Nain:
Lets get back to the city and get a cart to transport Therrass.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Dink » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:11 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Did I miss something? Are we already in the city? Can the boys get drunk and Nain get....

 

Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Benji » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:06 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
So it seems like you're heading back to the village first? I'll post that you're going there and if that's wrong then let me know.

 

The trip back to the village where all this began is uneventful. You manage to create a crude stretcher for Therrass, but he doesn't wake up over the whole journey. Upon your return, everything seems normal enough considering they were recently attacked by an army. Nobody is out on the paths, but there is a pillar of smoke coming from a number of buildings, including the Inn where you first met Pell, Shareen, Colwood, Bullium and Len.

Once you get within sight of the inn, Coin starts nervously shifting about. Er... Maybe I should wait outside? I-I don't think I'll be too welcome here considering what's recently happened to these villagers. Unless nobody tries to stop him, he goes to wait outside the village.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Dink » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:04 pm

Nain
How comes you remember all this? When we 'woke' you up you seemed to be completely nuts.
Now you even remember the village.


pause

And yes - I don't think you are welcome at all.

Lifting her nose away from in upwards.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Ceroill » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Metal Man will also wonder about the goblin's apparent knowledge of events here, but will simply follow inside.
Image, Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by rednetra » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:31 pm

let get in there and find out what has happend while he be gone. then let us move on

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Gir shakes his head at Nain's comment and pats Coin on the back as he walks inside.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by klakxor » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:16 am

Rift quizzically looks at Coin as he makes his comment. True enough, little Coin. However your kind is rarely looked upon kindly regardless of the happenstance.

He then looks to the others. Lets stop and see our friends at the Inn to see if they can help direct us towards the city.

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by patransom » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:50 am

Tagrel says, Yeah. Let's go. Do you think all that smoke means they're cooking something?
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Dink » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:06 am

Nain uses her nose to identify the smoke. Is that possible?
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Benji » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:30 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="Dink"]Nain uses her nose to identify the smoke. Is that possible?[/quote]

Not really :P

 

Coin wanders out of the village without much of a word.

Upon entering the inn, you see Colwood, Shareen, Pell and Len all seated round a table sharing a pitcher. There are a couple of other people sitting around that you don't recognise as well. When she sees you, Shareen instantly stands up with a wide smile on her face. The heroes return! Come! Sit down and tell us of your latest adventure! Len! Get some more ale for our guests! All four of them, even the usually sour Len seem quite happy to see you return. When Therrass is carried in, they all gasp but before they can say anything, Colwood is beside the Catfolk. Could one of you help me carry him to my house? I'll see what I can do to help him. How was he injured?
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Dink » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:55 am

Nain walks up to Shareen:
I would like to take a bath before we tell our story.
And there is a green slime outside. He is afraid, that you might not like him.

In your name I told him to wait outside.
He is some kind of Goblin or such bestiary.

And thanks for the ale for the 'men'. They could not think about anything else since we left.

And now please - a bath.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by patransom » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:15 am

Tagrel is torn between the offer of ale and helping carry Therass. He looks back and forth between the table and the catfolk several times, waiting to see if someone else volunteers before making a decision.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by klakxor » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:32 am

Rift looks down at Therass and then to Tagrel, who seems to be torn. Go ahead and enjoy yourself Tagrel. I will assist with Therass.

Turning to Colwood He walked in to some type of magical fire that seems to have scrambled his mind. Though there are no visible marks on him, he has been in this catatonic state since then. I am not completely sure, but I think he was drawn to it.

Then back to the others Don't forget that we are looking for the closest city.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Dink » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:15 pm

After Rifts reply:
Later, let me take a bath and then the gossip
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Benji » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Colwood raises an eyebrow when Rift mentions the flame. Odd... Pell? Could you come and help us? We might need your knowledge. You should probably come as well Rift so we know all the details. Pell walks over and picks up one end of Therrass' stretcher whilst Colwood strains with the other end. They begin slowly making their way towards one of the houses.

Shareen to Nain: A goblin, eh? A captive of yours? You should bring him in so we can ask some questions. Meanwhile, I'll go and get you a bath set up. You remember the way to my house?
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by klakxor » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:56 pm

Rift will help Colwood with his end of the stretcher, Here Let me help with that.

He then leaves with Pell and Colwood

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Dink » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Nain:
Yes Shareen, I remember the way.
I will get the goblin for you.

Nain turns around and makes faces, while thinking:
THINKING: Why did I have to mention the goblin. Now I have to ask it to get into town.
Lets hope they barbeque it to get the answers.


Turning around with a smile:
Please make it a hot bath, Shareen.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:18 pm

Gir looks at the departing group and says to Nain Don't worry lass. I'll get the wee bastard. on his way out the door to get Coin.

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Dink » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:46 am

Nain:
(high pitched) See Shareen, they just try to be helpful.

(To Gir, very, very, very, very thankful) Thanks. (with a slight bow)


THINKING: Thanks Gir for not letting me alone with this stinking green slime.
Image Dungeon Master (2)

BINGO DICE on Kickstarter

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by rednetra » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:28 pm

IM in need of a good night sleep an a good meal then we will gladly tell of our adventure and killing of the demon bitch

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Benji » Tue May 05, 2009 6:37 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
In the Tavern...

 

After Gir, Rift, Pell and Colwood have left, Shareen turns to your remaining group with a smile. Well, I'm sure that they won't mind missing parts of the tale. Why don't you start telling Len and I about your latest adventure now?
OUT OF CHARACTER
In Colwood's House...

 

As Rift helps Pell lower the stretcher into the priest's bed, Colwood begins looking through a small collection of books. Let's see now... You say this happened after he touched some kind of giant fire? Hmm... Let's start with elementals then. He brings down a dusty book and opens it at his table. Whilst he begins reading, Pell is looking over Therrass' body for any obvious marks. Rift, my friend, would you mind helping me take his armour off? I want to see if he has any wounds.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Just outside the village...

 

Gir finally finds Coin in the middle of a spot of bother. He is holding a dagger in a defensive stance whilst Bullium is looming over him and cracking his knuckles. Seeing you, Coin immediately drops the dagger and waves at you. You! Gir! Come and talk some sense into this ape! He doesn't believe that I'm with you!
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by rednetra » Wed May 06, 2009 9:52 am

Vornon will start eating and being the pig that he is

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by patransom » Wed May 06, 2009 10:10 am

Tagrel sits at the table and starts eating. With mouthfuls of food still in his mouth, he tells the story, Found the goblin caves. Most of 'em were gone, but we found a crazy demon-gnome lady and killed her. Krill, I guess. Then we found a big fire and Therass touched it. He assumes someone more eloquent will fill in the details.
Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Chosen [CLOSED]”