Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Amnesia's a bitch!
Post Reply
User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4205
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by rednetra » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:22 pm

vornon will eat and drink too he passes out
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6181
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by patransom » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Tagrel does his best to imitate Vornon and Gir.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by klakxor » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:40 am

Rift enjoys his companions company for a little while, watching them relax. He does not stay up too late and drinks only a little. When he finally decides to retire for the evening, he thanks Len and heads to his room to sleep.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Benji » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:21 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm just going to hurry things along for a bit here...

 

Soon enough night arrives. Tagrel, Vornon and Gir are all snoring loudly around a single table and Coin takes the opportunity to have a bed for the night. The three heavy drinkers are woken in the early morning by Len as he readies the bar. He seems to be making more noise than is called for and when you wince at him, he barks a short laugh before returning to his work.

At breakfast, Shareen and Bullium present you all with enough food and drink to take you to the city whilst Pell explains a bit more about what to expect.

Normally, I wouldn't bother with these warnings, but as you all seem to have lost your memories it would be wise of me to inform you. The city is called Takra, it lies about eighty miles to the north of here and should take about four days travel to reach it if you follow the roads. Coin will be welcome there, so you shouldn't worry about him too much. What you should worry about however, are the guard patrols. From about ten miles away you will probably begin to see them and they will almost definitely start questioning you immediately. They are tolerant of all races, but only because their law decrees it. Don't give them any reason to throw you into jail, no matter how rude they are.

Once you reach Takra, you should probably find an Inn first so that you have somewhere to stay, and then you can search for a sage. The best place to ask would probably be in the religious district. From your stories, you have a few contacts there already, and so it shouldn't be too difficult to find what you need.


After breakfast and your goodbyes, you depart for the city. The road begins just a short distance from the village, and from there it is easy going. On your journey you pass a number of carts travelling either towards the city or away from it and they all greet you warmly as you pass. Eventually you can see the city sitting on top of a hill in the distance. Not long after you first spot it, a mounted patrol trots down the track towards you. They stop a short distance from you whilst the lead rider, a human, dismounts and approaches you. The second two riders also dismount and approach, but they stay behind the leader and have hands ready on their crossbows. The remaining three riders all stay mounted and mostly look quite bored. You can see that each of the guards is of a different race. Apart from the human leader, there are also a half-elf, an elf, a half-orc, what looks like an exceptionally tall and well built dwarf, and a halfling. Apart from the halfling, they all have gleaming scale armour and well kept looks. The halfling is quite grubby and looks as if he has recently been beaten up in a fist fight.

Halt. The lead human says to you. State your business on the duke's highway.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by klakxor » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:30 am

Rift steps up from the group. We are traveling to Tarka to seek advice and guidance from the sages there.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4205
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by rednetra » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:14 pm

Vornon will Belch very loudly
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:56 pm

Ny remains quiet and waits for any action.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Dink » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:18 am

Nain, stays in the back. She is not willed to be the one to answer to rude behaviour.
After the human approached the party.
Hmmm, he does not look that bad.
Probably a real gentleman at least he know how to state his willings and can handle two sentences in a row. Seems that Pelle was a bit jeallous.
Wow - he is really good looking.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Benji » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:15 am

Sages, eh? The human turns around to the two who followed him and they snicker on cue. Seems we've got a good case here of returning to the scene of the crime, eh boys?

The elf and half elf that followed the man off his horse chuckle along with their leader, but once he turns his back they simply roll their eyes to the skies.

Er... The halfling pipes up in what sounds like a mostly unused voice. The killers were drow though and none of these look li-

The tall dwarf casually reaches over and punches the halfling in the back of the head, sending him flying from his saddle into the dirt. The human ignores this outburst and addresses Rift. Why don't you tell me why you need to speak to a sage and then I'll decide whether or not you can pass by unbloodied.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:02 am

Ny loosens his two thinblades and approaches the lead patrol to stand beside Rift, Sir, it's clear that you're looking for someone other than anyone in our group. It's also clear that we have done nothing to warrant threats against our well being. We are seeking information to something that concerns us. Please let us by without incident.
SpoilerShow
TOS Chat Diplomacy Roll (06:50:10) ChatBot: Duniagdra rolls 1d20+6 and gets [20]+6=26.
If you go into chat and at the top select the {PbP}_Chosen_[FULL] channel, you should find my roll there. Otherwise I will reroll when IC is back up and working again. The channels keep a record for some bit of time I believe as I have gone into the Runelords channel and found rolls and chats there that were from other times.
Actually, I just logged out and back in to check and the channel does end up scrolling up, so after time, my roll can be lost, but Richard could run a quick search to verify, or maybe I'll just wait for IC to come back up and reroll.
Here is a screen shot of my roll in chat. Hope this is enough.
NY-DipRoll.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Dink » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:11 am

For Nain it sounds like trouble coming up.
A big guy with thurst for trouble and Ny opnening fire....
Nain's hands start to ready the weapons and she prepares a bluff to disappear from the scenery . She looks for a good coverage at both sides of the street.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6181
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by patransom » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:51 am

Tagrel just waits, unconcerned, since he figures things will work themselves out quickly enough, one way or another.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3605
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by klakxor » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:06 am

Turning to Ny as he speaks This young man is simply doing his duty as the road's patrol guard.

Then turning back to the human. I assure you that I do not know of any crimes that have been committed, especially by us. We are simply travelling from a small village four days south of here in hopes to speak with the sages regarding some personal issues amongst us.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:23 am

Looking at Rift as if to say, I'm no fool, I fully understand this. Sir, I'm not trying to be rude or discourteous. I'm saying that your comrade has pointed out your looking for dark elves and we have no dark elves in out group. Our business is of a personal matter and of no harm to anyone.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm still working on the same Diplomacy Roll I made before.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Benji » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:42 pm

The human sees Ny's hands reaching for weapons and starts to reach for his own when the elf behind him walks forwards. Ah, sir, they do have a point. I-I know it's your say, but please remember what happened last time you apprehended innocents?

Yeah... Murmurs the half elf. You managed to get all of us busted down to highway patrol. I'm sure as hell not wanting to work the mines. Despite his whispered voice, the words carry clearly and the human whirls round with a look of rage in his eyes.

Damn it all Sergeant! He snarls at the half elf. Like it or loathe it, I am still your commanding officer! You will speak to me with respect! And what in the name of the gods is Willikers doing on the dirt?! Pick yourself up you worthless halfling and get ready for punishment back at base! You'll be in the mines by tomorrow if I get any say!

The halfling meekly clambers back on to his horse and keeps his head down. The human moves up to him and begins berating him for a large number of offences.

Damnit all... The elf says to himself. This will take a while. He then turns to Ny and Rift. You lot should probably just get a move on. Once he's finished with Willikers, it'll be almost nightfall and you'll be safely behind the walls of Takra. Good luck with your search for a sage though. You'll probably need it. He then turns around and watches the one-sided argument with great boredom.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:52 pm

Ny thanks the man and nudges Rift, See, I wasn't starting a fight. Ny grins an ever small grin and waves the wagon forward. once near him and Rift, Ny climbs back on and gets comfortable.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4205
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by rednetra » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:37 pm

That could have been fun. he will say too Ny
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Dink » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:02 pm

Nain moves on, still keeping an eye for the human.
Seens not to be my lucky day, week, month, life.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:19 am

Gir saysBah! There were only six of em. We coulda whupped some sense into em.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:26 am

Ny looks to Gir saying, True, very true. But it only takes one to escape and then we have all the guard to fight. While I'm not one to turn down a fight, I do know when it is best to fight and when it is not. Still, it would have been fund teaching that guy a lesson in manners.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Dink
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:06 am
Location: Germany, NRW, Hilden

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Dink » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:50 am

Nain:
Probably Gir could teach him a lesson in a one-on-one fight.
They could take off their shirts and the winner keeps the others shirt.
That way the guy would learn a lesson, no one would run away (anyways, they did not look like helping him, when its not necessary).
And it would be a great training for Gir.


THINKING: Wow and I could enjoy both of them without a shirt.
Image Zwollex: Dwarf Cleric

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Benji » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:35 pm

After the brief interlude with the guard, the remaining journey is peaceful enough. It is close to nightfall when you reach the gates of Takra but the gate guards seem much more docile than the human you met on the highway. They direct you to an affordable, yet cosy, inn and wish you a good nights rest. Although the hour is getting late, there are still a few people out and about. Most are in the process of closing up shop, but there are also a few who seem intent on finding a place to drink away their earnings.

The Inn that you were directed to stands against the wall with it's door looking down a long street. A picture of a skeleton hanging by a noose decorates the sign and the name above the entrance reads 'Death's Lament'. Despite the forboding name, there is warm firelight coming from the windows and laughter coming from the taproom. As you approach the entrance, a voice calls out from a nearby alley. Psst, adventurers! Looking closely, it looks like a human wearing a shabby suit of leather armour. You don't wanna go in their. Charges double to out-of-towners. You want to stay at The Splintered Wheel. Nice, cheap and free of bedbugs! Just follow this road along and tell them that Nilas sent you. After that, he disappears back down the alleyway, obviously not willing to elaborate.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:43 pm

Someone we don't know spots us right off the bat and tries to direct us to a place that he's known at. Tell me that doesn't sound suspicious. None of us have any contacts that we know of here, so we can only assume we're unknown here. I say we take the guards suggestion. I'm not keen to following the suggestion of someone calling us from hiding and then slipping away. It just seems too suspicious. Ny looks to the rest of you for argument or agreement.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Benji » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Someone we don't know spots us right off the bat and tries to direct us to a place that he's known at. Tell me that doesn't sound suspicious. None of us have any contacts that we know of here, so we can only assume we're unknown here. I say we take the guards suggestion. I'm not keen to following the suggestion of someone calling us from hiding and then slipping away. It just seems too suspicious. Ny looks to the rest of you for argument or agreement.
SpoilerShow
For the most part he seems to be telling the truth. He seemed pretty honest about what he was saying.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:07 pm

Benji wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:Someone we don't know spots us right off the bat and tries to direct us to a place that he's known at. Tell me that doesn't sound suspicious. None of us have any contacts that we know of here, so we can only assume we're unknown here. I say we take the guards suggestion. I'm not keen to following the suggestion of someone calling us from hiding and then slipping away. It just seems too suspicious. Ny looks to the rest of you for argument or agreement.
SpoilerShow
For the most part he seems to be telling the truth. He seemed pretty honest about what he was saying.
Considering a moment the sincerity of the man, Ny retracts his previous statement, It is unusual and irregular, but he seemed sincere in his claim. What do you guys think?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4205
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by rednetra » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:27 pm

IM just happy with a nice safe place too sleep and safe food. then lets find this bloody sage
Image

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6181
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by patransom » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:59 am

Tagrel, like Ny, considers the man's sincerity...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sense Motive (1d20+3=17)

 

Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by Benji » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:47 am

patransom wrote:Tagrel, like Ny, considers the man's sincerity...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sense Motive (1d20+3=17)

 

SpoilerShow
Tagrel, on the other hand, believes that the man was lying. Some of what he said may have been the truth though. Despite the lies, he didn't actually seem like he meant you any ill will.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1
Posts: 6181
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by patransom » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:08 am

Tagrel says, Dude wasn't telling the whole truth, but he wasn't trying to put us in danger either. Kinda interesting. I don't care where we sleep...
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Image Agrous Devone: Human Cleric

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Chapter Three: We're off to see the Wizard... Er... Sage

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:51 am

Gir says Aye really don't care where we stay as long as aye can drink and maybe get inta a fight. And nae necessarily in that order.

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Chosen [CLOSED]”