[OOC] [RotR - Module II] Out of Character remarks and discussions

Millennia ago, the powerful empire of Thassilon ruled the land, dominated by despotic runelords who maintained their power through harnessing the power of rune magic. Thought gone forever, the workings of Thassilon are not so far beneath the surface and one of the runelords plans a return to power. Only the brave adventurers stand in his way.

Moderator: Duniagdra

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

[OOC] [RotR - Module II] Out of Character remarks and discussions

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:05 pm

This thread is strictly for Out Of Character commenting and discussion all pertaining to in game situations.

Use of this thread is expected to follow this guideline:
A link to a new post here must be provided from the post of the originating thread and the same back from here to there.
Without this back and forth interconnection, I will not address the post.
If you're posting a question that does not fit within the scope of the current game thread, or the PbP Game, then please indicate so with the phrase, "Dead Start".

I'm not putting any heavy requirements on this other than the above. I'd like all to use this so we keep the active game threads free of excess dialog that can sometimes cause confusion or the loss of place or fluidity.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Re: [OOC] Out of Character remarks and discussions

Post by Benji » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:41 pm

I'll keep this post updated as my spells get cast. Also, this is useful for anyone curious enough to know precisely what Dregs has in him.

Bless 0/2
Divine Favor 1/1
Magic Weapon 0/1
Bull's Strength 1/1
Lesser Restoration 1/2
Cure Light Wounds 0/1
Cure Moderate Wounds 0/1
Channel Energy (2d6) 0/6
Rebuke Death 7/7
Lesser Vigor 25/25
Last edited by Benji on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Benji wrote:Duni:

Would it be okay for me to keep Dregs' list of spells here?
Yes, as long as I know what post to find it in. I'll let you know when days change.
Image Image

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:09 pm

I've been keeping track of the gear we found and just wanted someone else to double check it. Here's what I have before the last fight. I really should update it but I want to make sure what I have so far is right first. Also I need some idea of what type of sword actually got from Nualia so I can update.

Attached file RotRL Treasure.xls deleted by ADMIN

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:06 pm

marine7312000 wrote:I've been keeping track of the gear we found and just wanted someone else to double check it. Here's what I have before the last fight. I really should update it but I want to make sure what I have so far is right first. Also I need some idea of what type of sword actually got from Nualia so I can update.

Attached file RotRL Treasure.xls deleted by ADMIN
You must not attach the Loot Divider to a forum post, as it is a commercial product. You must not give my hard work to others.
Your account could be suspended for doing this. Please be more careful in the future.

The Loot Divider ALREADY has a function to 'post' the loot in a Forum message, found in the REPORT sheet.
Use that if you want to 'share' the Treasure list to a forum post. Thanks.

admin

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Mak focuses on shadow 3, drawing from within himself his ki and lashes out in a Flurry of Blows, managing to squeak in an extra attack, but it's like attacking air. (reference)
Why roll a percentage? Mak's 3rd attack should have hit something... (unless a shadow is MORE than AC20?) - Mak's attacks are considered Magic, thus follow the Pathfinder rules for Incorporeal and should have done 7/2=3 hp of damage (if we round down, I don't recall). Percentages were used in the D&D3.5 rules only.
Incorporeal (Ex) An incorporeal creature has no physical body. It can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, magic weapons or creatures that strike as magic weapons, and spells, spell-like abilities, or supernatural abilities. It is immune to all nonmagical attack forms. Even when hit by spells or magic weapons, it takes only half damage from a corporeal source (except for channel energy).

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:53 pm

I'll be damned. I've been playing pathfinder since it came out in beta and never noticed that before. Good catch:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules- ... poreal-Ex-
-SM

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Hm... Seems I was following incorrect rules. I'll have to look at who has weapons capable of actually hitting these things and adjust accordingly. I'm not going backward though. We'll progress from this point on. You should actually be glad of my mistake since more than just Dregs would be dead then.
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:19 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Hm... Seems I was following incorrect rules. I'll have to look at who has weapons capable of actually hitting these things and adjust accordingly. I'm not going backward though. We'll progress from this point on. You should actually be glad of my mistake since more than just Dregs would be dead then.
I specifically mentioned that Mak could hit the Shadows using his (magic) fist on 17 Feb 2011 02:59 pm and again on 24 Feb 2011 10:05 am, so that you would know about it. I guess I failed *twice* to make an impression on you!! :wtf:

Also, in your last validation, the map shows one shadow dead, while the validation mentions two shadows dead... I'm not sure which one is valid....

admin

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:38 pm

admin wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:Hm... Seems I was following incorrect rules. I'll have to look at who has weapons capable of actually hitting these things and adjust accordingly. I'm not going backward though. We'll progress from this point on. You should actually be glad of my mistake since more than just Dregs would be dead then.
I specifically mentioned that Mak could hit the Shadows using his (magic) fist on 17 Feb 2011 02:59 pm and again on 24 Feb 2011 10:05 am, so that you would know about it. I guess I failed *twice* to make an impression on you!! :wtf:
No, I saw it. I just never registered why you were pointing that out because of how I was looking at the rule. I'm not going to back track. Change your pending to an action and move on.
admin wrote: Also, in your last validation, the map shows one shadow dead, while the validation mentions two shadows dead... I'm not sure which one is valid....

admin
Two shadows are dead. You started out with three and took down two, then Dregs fell and rose as a shadow. That leaves two shadows. And for what I see, the map shows two shadows dead (T12 & V11) and the validation shows two dead.
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue May 17, 2011 10:03 am

Reference
patransom wrote: Vi has 5 scrolls she needs to cast read magic on or otherwise figure out what they do.

She's also collected some other items. Is there time to have Vorvashali Voon or someone identify them? They are:

- Cloak, abjuration
- Wand, abjuration
- Wand, evocation
- Some sort of protective coin
In Pathfinder, you use a Spellcraft check to identify objects using detect magic (I guess you didn't know about it since you could have checked the moment we found them... lol). If vi can't identify an item, we could ask another caster to check em out? (if there is one... I don't recall :P)

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:13 am

Carter has spellcraft (8) and detect magic.

Should I just roll for each item listed?
-SM

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Tue May 17, 2011 10:19 am

admin wrote:Reference
patransom wrote: Vi has 5 scrolls she needs to cast read magic on or otherwise figure out what they do.

She's also collected some other items. Is there time to have Vorvashali Voon or someone identify them? They are:

- Cloak, abjuration
- Wand, abjuration
- Wand, evocation
- Some sort of protective coin
In Pathfinder, you use a Spellcraft check to identify objects using detect magic (I guess you didn't know about it since you could have checked the moment we found them... lol). If vi can't identify an item, we could ask another caster to check em out? (if there is one... I don't recall :P)
Admin is right, just roll for Spellcraft and anything that Vi fails on, someone else can try.
scarymike23 wrote:Carter has spellcraft (8) and detect magic.

Should I just roll for each item listed?
If you wish, by all means go ahead. :thumb1:
Image Image

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Tue May 17, 2011 10:25 am

Cool. Obviously, I didn't realize that. PF is so kind to players!

Here are Vi's rolls: Spellcraft for Cloak, abjuration; Wand, abjuration; Wand, evocation; Some sort of protective coin (1d20+9=25, 1d20+9=23, 1d20+9=10, 1d20+9=13)

Carter will need to at least take a shot at the evocation wand and the coin...

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:35 am

You can also decifer scrolls with a spellcraft check (dc 20+spell level). I'm going to roll for all items, just as a roleplaying device (as in, Vi and carter are looking the items together to determine what they are.) Thats 9 rolls (5 scrolls, 4 items)

5 scrolls, 4 items in the order listed in Vi's list above. (1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=13, 1d20+8=24, 1d20+8=9, 1d20+8=14, 1d20+8=21, 1d20+8=18, 1d20+8=18, 1d20+8=9)

for ease of use by DM:
(DC 20+spell level)
scroll1: 24 (4th level spell or lower)
Scroll2: 13 (fail)
scroll3: 24(4th level spell or lower)
scroll4: 9 (fail)
scroll5: 14 (fail)

(DC 15 + item's caster level)
Cloak, abjuration: 21 (Vi got 25)
Wand, abjuration: 18 (vi 23)
Wand, evocation: 18 (vi 10)
Some sort of protective coin: 9 (vi 13)
-SM

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm going to put this campaign on hold for a time to give Benji some time to fix his internet issue. How much time do you guys feel is fare though before we just move on? Benji has been a fairly consistent player in Runelords. If Benji is able to give some feedback, like maybe a timeline of when he expects to have access again to his files, maybe that can help. Another thought is I can load Benji's character and print it to PDF. I can then send him a copy of it via a remote storage drive I have.
Image Image

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Duniagdra wrote:I'm going to put this campaign on hold for a time to give Benji some time to fix his internet issue. How much time do you guys feel is fare though before we just move on? Benji has been a fairly consistent player in Runelords. If Benji is able to give some feedback, like maybe a timeline of when he expects to have access again to his files, maybe that can help. Another thought is I can load Benji's character and print it to PDF. I can then send him a copy of it via a remote storage drive I have.
Thanks, but I'm back now. Should be for good as the problem was with the graphics card, and that's been replaced now.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Duniagdra wrote:I'm growing to be a non fan of the die roller
I go to add the rounds for stunned blinded and unconscious and the results for the goblins dc saves all went invalid. I've now spent a total of six hours on this one validation.
Try to avoid using 'preview' in a post where you have the DICE code - that changes your dice codes to invalid ones.
I'll ask about it on the PbP FOrum - I'm hoping the author fixes this as a preview should not trigger the dice code - but that guy don't tend to his Mod much :(

In my PbP, I use one post for my rolls (or more if a crit needs confirming) and then I post the validation in my PbP. This way, I don't mess around with those dice bbcodes anymore then I need to. Also you can use Invisible castle [if the site is up] - choose what works best for your style...

admin

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:41 pm

admin wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:I'm growing to be a non fan of the die roller
I go to add the rounds for stunned blinded and unconscious and the results for the goblins dc saves all went invalid. I've now spent a total of six hours on this one validation.
Try to avoid using 'preview' in a post where you have the DICE code - that changes your dice codes to invalid ones.
I'll ask about it on the PbP FOrum - I'm hoping the author fixes this as a preview should not trigger the dice code - but that guy don't tend to his Mod much :(

In my PbP, I use one post for my rolls (or more if a crit needs confirming) and then I post the validation in my PbP. This way, I don't mess around with those dice bbcodes anymore then I need to. Also you can use Invisible castle [if the site is up] - choose what works best for your style...

admin
[ooc]Yes Putting the rolls into separate posts will work, but all I did was add two additional rolls to the post after they failed the save. I didn't use preview. Anyhow, since I knew they fail the saves, I just rolled on my own for the rounds.[/ooc]
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Yes Putting the rolls into separate posts will work, but all I did was add two additional rolls to the post after they failed the save. I didn't use preview. Anyhow, since I knew they fail the saves, I just rolled on my own for the rounds.
Yeah I guess editing a post that already has rolls (to add more) don't work.
I dunno if that is normal or not.

admin
P.S. no need to add OCC in the OCC thread! ;)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:46 pm

admin wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:Yes Putting the rolls into separate posts will work, but all I did was add two additional rolls to the post after they failed the save. I didn't use preview. Anyhow, since I knew they fail the saves, I just rolled on my own for the rounds.
Yeah I guess editing a post that already has rolls (to add more) don't work.
I dunno if that is normal or not.

admin
P.S. no need to add OCC in the OCC thread! ;)
LOL I didn't even realize I was posting in the OOC Thread. LOL
Image Image

Ludyee
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Ludyee » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:15 am

I have downloaded Yiri'eth and am looking the character over. Going to take me a few days to digest everything. Please send me a message if the campaign is waiting for me to do something.

Well met.

E.
"We're all gonna die." -Billy, Predator

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:49 am

Ludyee wrote:I have downloaded Yiri'eth and am looking the character over. Going to take me a few days to digest everything. Please send me a message if the campaign is waiting for me to do something.

Well met.

E.
Right now I'm waiting for actions from some players to a trigger I gave them. They are currently in rounds for an encounter. I asked that from time to time, you view the active thread to know if action is needed. Being in rounds, all players are expected to post, even if to just hold their action.
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Mak enters the room checking for traps and finds nothing, but he also knows trap finding is not his strong point. Durmisht follows Mak in and still nothing happens.
I beg to differ!!
As we don't have a Rogue in the group (unless one sneaked up on us?) Mak is probably one of the best suited to locate traps - and he knows it! LOL
Of course he can't disarm them... *smirks*

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:34 am

Does we know what a 'Barghest' is, as indicated in the enemy token name? (ref)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:08 pm

admin wrote:Does we know what a 'Barghest' is, as indicated in the enemy token name? (ref)
Ah, I didn't mean for that to show. Being an outsider, I think that's a Knowledge Arcana check?
Image Image

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:08 am

Outsiders are knowledge: planes, so here's that check from Vi: [dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 pm

patransom wrote:Outsiders are knowledge: planes, so here's that check from Vi: [dice=totalonly]82065:0[/dice]
Vi is able to recall this bargest species quite well from her studies of the planes, and so she can feel free to tell all she can.

Refer to the pathfinder srd for the bargest. Understand though that her understanding is generalized and that there are advanced specimens too.
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat May 12, 2012 12:12 am

Duniagdra wrote:...Within is a ring radiating a moderate evocation aura. Further study reveals this ring to be a Force Shield ring, Though anyone who ends up wearing it so finds it's not like any other force shield ring....
Do we have a system to determine magical object assignment? (i.e who gets what)
I don't remember... :(

admin

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Sat May 12, 2012 9:36 am

admin wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:...Within is a ring radiating a moderate evocation aura. Further study reveals this ring to be a Force Shield ring, Though anyone who ends up wearing it so finds it's not like any other force shield ring....
Do we have a system to determine magical object assignment? (i.e who gets what)
I don't remember... :(

admin
I believe we decided that the halfling in the party gets all magical rings. :8
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

Return to “{PbP} Rise of the RuneLords {Pathfinder}”