[OOC] [RotR - Module II] Out of Character remarks and discussions

Millennia ago, the powerful empire of Thassilon ruled the land, dominated by despotic runelords who maintained their power through harnessing the power of rune magic. Thought gone forever, the workings of Thassilon are not so far beneath the surface and one of the runelords plans a return to power. Only the brave adventurers stand in his way.

Moderator: Duniagdra

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Re: [OOC] Out of Character remarks and discussions

Post by marine7312000 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:53 am

We don't have a specific system however, we are using the Loot Divider. Such being the case, since I'm managing party loot, whoever wants the ring needs to let me know. At the current time the breakdown is as follows:[ooc]"Loot for each of the 6 players: 1,240 gp, 4 sp / 1 cp (rate: 100%)
  • 10x Potion of CLW (50gp) {Group}
  • Breastplate Armor [MW] (350gp) {Ryder}
  • 20x Arrow (gp) {Durmisht}
  • 2x Cloak of Resistance +1 (1,000gp) {Group}
  • Ring of Protection +1 (2,000gp) {Mak}
  • 2x Potion of Cure moderate wounds (300gp) {Group}
  • Bastard Sword [+1] (2,335gp) {Durmisht}
  • Breastplate Armor [+1] (1,350gp) {Durmisht}
  • Shortbow (30gp)
  • Wand of Magic Missile (1st) (750gp) {Vi}
  • Wand of Shield (675gp) {Vi}
  • Sihedren Medallion (3,500gp) {Vi}
  • Scroll of Sleep (25gp) {Carter}
  • Scroll of Comprehend Languages (25gp) {Vi}
  • Scroll of Minor Images (50gp) {Vi}
  • Scroll of See Invisibility (50gp) {Carter}
  • Scroll of Whispering Wind (50gp) {Vi}
  • Wand Of Silent Images (375gp) {Carter}
  • Ring of Force Shield (8,500gp) {Yiri}
  • Gold$7412
  • Silver$4
  • Copper$8
Generated by the Loot Divider, Version 1.41
"[/ooc]

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Thu May 17, 2012 8:46 am

marine7312000 wrote:I'll gladly take the ring for Durmisht. Just need to be able to take Exotic Weapon Proficiency Bastard Sword before he can fully use it. And I'm all for exploring more.
You might not be able to use both hands though if you activate the ring (as I understand it, it requires one hand to wield, even if it is weightless and does not have any shield penalty). Also, I dunno if a MONK can use that without loosing abilities - the rule ain't clear about it and both sides have valid points.

In any case, you're welcome to it!

admin

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu May 17, 2012 9:02 am

admin wrote:
marine7312000 wrote:I'll gladly take the ring for Durmisht. Just need to be able to take Exotic Weapon Proficiency Bastard Sword before he can fully use it. And I'm all for exploring more.
You might not be able to use both hands though if you activate the ring (as I understand it, it requires one hand to wield, even if it is weightless and does not have any shield penalty). Also, I dunno if a MONK can use that without loosing abilities - the rule ain't clear about it and both sides have valid points.

In any case, you're welcome to it!

admin
That's why he needs EWP, so he can wield the bastard sword one handed.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Thu May 17, 2012 10:12 am

Duniagdra wrote:That's why he needs EWP, so he can wield the bastard sword one handed.
I am aware of that: When wielding a weapon in one hand (irrelevant of EWP), you will loose the +50% extra damage dealt when wielding two-handed.
So this item is a trade-off for a Barbarian: less damage, more AC. If it was assigned to a class not using weapons in two hands, then it would not be a trade-off - only a Bonus...

If a MONK can use it, Mak could give his Ring of Protection +1 to Durmish, and use that force ring. Like I said, I dunno if a Monk can use it
(various points of view here) - The DM would have to decide.
admin

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu May 17, 2012 11:10 am

The monk, in all examples I've ever known, has been a class both nimble and graceful. I've never seen an example of a monk ever using a shield. As for the barbarian, I find myself recalling this going both ways. Yes, a valid point that for the barbarian it is a trade off of one for another, but so what. Your group has one-handed fighters that can make full use of the ring without trading anything off.

No, the monk can not use a shield, even if it's from a ring. No, I have not looked at the referenced link you gave, as I feel it's not needed. Yes the barbarian would have to trade off the x1.5 str damage for THW to gain a +2 AC. This is why it's up to the party to decide what items are most suitable to what members.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: [OOC] [RotR - Module II] Out of Character remarks and discussions

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:41 am

All content above pertains to active within Runelords Module I. Since we're about to begin Module II, I felt it would be good to provide a distinction between the Modules.
Image Image

Return to “{PbP} Rise of the RuneLords {Pathfinder}”