Basic idea

Not a true campaign but a place to test ideas. Always accepting new characters, new players, and new ideas.
Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Basic idea

Post by Lachesis » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:30 pm

This is the sandbox "campaign". I find that as a player I have lots of ideas for interesting characters that just never seem to have an appropriate place in any campaign and I suspect I'm not alone. For this purpose I've decided to host a sort of testing area where players can try out any idea for a character, item, or enemy they may have come up with. This "campaign" will consist of short "runs", generally a single battle or some sort of obstacle course. After each run the next one will be announced and players can make new characters. These runs will in no way be connected so each one will allow for different characters and even different players. I'll announce the basics of each run before hand so you can make a character suited for the particular challenge. Also, while I have quite a few ideas for things people might want to try out but not get the chance I realize that someone else might have thought of something entirely different so there will be a topic for suggested themes. These suggestions will almost definitely even be used!

"Blame yourself, or God."

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Re: Basic idea

Post by Lachesis » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:08 am

Character creation will be the same for most if not all scenarios. Fixed hp, 38 point buy, standard gold for whatever the level is. Flaws and traits are allowed as well. Any book is allowed. Homebrew will probably be allowed but let me know first.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:37 am

Also put in how you would like hit points (Roll your own, Use Invisible Castle, Fixed HP, Max HP) unless this is subject to change based on scenario

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:07 pm

I did, it says fixed hp. What's invisible castle? I've never heard of it.

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:25 pm

Oops :oops:

Invisible castle is an online Dice Roller that saves the rolls and gives you a link so you can post them in a thread, like this

1d20+13 ->[6,13] = (19)

Lachesis
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Lachesis » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:44 pm

Oh, I like that! Perhaps I'll use that for the campaign.

Return to “The Proving Grounds [CLOSED]”