[Poll] Conversion to PF?

The creation forges gave them form, but not identity. The treaty of Thronehold gave them freedom, but not community. The fey gave them knowledge and understanding, but a question still loomed. What happened to the world they came from?

Convert to PF RPG?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes : 6

[Poll] Conversion to PF?

Postby shai-hulud » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:49 pm

With the creation of a new game, would people like to stick with straight D&D, or would you like to convert to the PF RPG?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."
shai-hulud
Adjutant
Adjutant

Re: [Poll] Conversion to PF?

Postby tdsprouse » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:51 pm

I voted against conversion. But am open to the idea, if the rest (including you, shai) think it would be good. I am jsut not very fammiliar with it. THough i know it is similar to 3.5
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Postby admin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:57 pm

well, using pathfinder means more testing for that system... (and more classes adapted to it)
So yeah, why not.

R
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Postby Duniagdra » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:03 pm

I'm game for converting
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Postby tdsprouse » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:13 pm

I'll grab a copy of teh beta book and check it out.
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Postby admin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:15 pm

tdsprouse wrote:I'll grab a copy of teh beta book and check it out.

It's on the forum: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=5410

R
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Postby tdsprouse » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:45 pm

Awesome, Got it.

Thanks Richard!
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Postby shai-hulud » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:47 pm

Ok, based on the poll and my personal preference, we will be switching the characters over to Pathfinder.

Changes to Warforged race:
New base stats: +2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Cha
Favored Classes: Fighter or Artificer
Optional Bonus Feat: Unarmored Body (A warforged may take unarmored body as a bonus feat if he desires. Creating a warforged without built-in armor is a lot easier than creating a warforged with it.)

Because of how gestalting works, if one of your classes is your favored class, you get the favored class bonus for that level.

For classes that are not currently PF RPG compatible, I will be doing them up. The psion (for Verbal) is already under way, although I am not happy with my current vision for it, so I will likely be changing that.

Artificer is going to require some changes, especially with crafted items no longer requiring experience. I think I like the suggestion on the Paizo forum for granting them the ability Magical Artisan (crafted items cost 75% of the normal cost). The idea is, artificers don't always succeed on creating the items they intend. That chance of failure requires that they have something to mitigate it. I think lower costs should do the trick. Additionally, the Retain Essense 5th level ability is fairly useless now. I think a Recraft Magic would be more appropriate whereby an artificer can remove the magic qualities of a magic item and reuse it in other items. I think I will say, with Recraft magic, an artificer is capable of stripping 50% of the original item's cost as "magical materials" for future crafting. Artificer Knowledge should just be a bonus to Appraise checks. Let's say +2 unnamed. Any other suggestions?
shai-hulud
Adjutant
Adjutant

Postby tdsprouse » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:03 am

Nine would take Unarmoored Body, in fact i think i was considering it before, but didnt have a slot for it.

Is there already a Warforged Race file for PF? or should we use the regular one?
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Postby admin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:25 am

tdsprouse wrote:Is there already a Warforged Race file for PF? or should we use the regular one?

Only the stats change... so it's easy to modify: Just go to the race worksheet, and update the stats there.
You will need to switch the Sheet to Pathfinder, which will 'reset' all your skills - make sure you have a copy of Nine on the side to see which skills you had, and re-take them as you can with the new PF rules. You'll also need to reselect race and class (if you're using a non SRD class, you'll need the PF version)

R
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Postby admin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:14 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Ok, based on the poll and my personal preference, we will be switching the characters over to Pathfinder.

Changes to Warforged race:
New base stats: +2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Cha
Favored Classes: Fighter or Artificer

Isn't the Artificer class based on Charisma?
If you give a -2 to Charisma, it looks weird that the Artificer class would be a favored class for a WF... With a +2 to INT, it seems a WF would be better off as a Wizard! (Wizard over Artificer?? sounds incorrect)

Consider giving the Warforged a -2 to Wisdom instead of CHA... (they have plenty of reasons not to be too wise - their solid nature itself lends itself to their thinking they can 'chew' more than they really can....) - As for Charisma, their force of personality would, on the contrary, be strong as steel!

My :2c: recommendations:
+2 to CON (WF are solid creatures because of the way they are made)
-2 to Wis (WF lack some common sense!)
+2 to Cha (Strong personality, comes with the though hides)

Richard
P.S. These 'class changes' posts should have their own little thread, out of this POLL message!
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Postby admin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:17 pm

hmm I even think Wf should have -2 to INT... They are created for god's sake! They shouldn't be smarter than their creators :)

So another suggestion would be:
+2 STR
+2 CON
-2 INT
-2 WIS
+2 CHA

Is that 3 cents now? :P
Richard
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Postby admin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:12 pm

According to what one guys in this thread says (on converting the WF to Pathfinder), you shouldn't add 2 physical bonus to a race... So I guess my 2 cents are worth more then my 3 cents recommendations (and I agree).

On the other side of these coins, perhaps the WF's attributes should remain as it currently stands in D&D3.5 as per the comment of the last poster... That might be the best suggestion I've seen (and the DM should note that we also based our original designs on these bonuses/penalties...! :p )

Richard
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Postby shai-hulud » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:02 pm

I read that post, and I disagree. Warforged are well balanced already in 3.5. Much like the half-orc, their stat adjustments should reflect their capabilities. Warforged make excellent artificers not because of a natural proclivity towards the craft, but more towards a natural interest. Artificers created the warforged. Whether they have capability as artificers or not, they are drawn to it. (I have a LOT of Eberron material that I have read through, and all of it supports my decision in this regard, even using 3.5 stats).

Here is why they get the bonuses I gave them:
+2 to Con (they are created sturdy to increase their combat effectiveness)
+2 to Int (they are created with virtually no knowledge at all. They are clean slates. They learn everything they need to know during their first few months after creation. The Lord of Blades has improved upon this learning with warforged-specific learning techniques that only another warforged would know, hence the even younger warforged. However, learning that much that quickly indicates a higher than normal intelligence)
-2 to Cha (they are created with combat in mind, not socialization. their purposes are not social. they are built for war. they are aloof and lacking understanding)

As far as your claim that they lack common sense, if you are referring to the warforged you traveled with, many of them had wisdoms of six or below. The creators of the setting agreed that warforged would not have time to develop common sense. I disagree. wisdom involves more than just common sense. it also involves perception and being able to spot different aspects of combat. this would be inherent in combat training. perception would be necessary for any company of warforged.

So, I had to choose between Wis and Cha. I chose Cha as the less combat-oriented ability score. warforged were not needed in leadership roles (as they could be led by humans), but every member in a company needs to be able to perceive things well in order to be capable in combat at all. Wis won, Cha lost.
shai-hulud
Adjutant
Adjutant

Postby admin » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm

As you wish

R
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Postby Necose » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Where is the PF conversion of the warforged? Is that still on the list of things to do?

Thanks.
Necose
BARON
BARON

Return to FFE - Natureforged [FULL]