Common story

The creation forges gave them form, but not identity. The treaty of Thronehold gave them freedom, but not community. The fey gave them knowledge and understanding, but a question still loomed. What happened to the world they came from?
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Common story

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:34 pm

In order to keep your histories similar and in depth, I would like to have a little time spent describing Thelanis and your experiences there.

First of all, the question has already been asked, "What do her children believe?" Well, she is a leShay. No one in the party would ever learn the term leShay. I say that only for those readers who know what one is. If you don't, then ignore it as a piece of useless trivia. In essence, it is a fey who survived the end of the last multiverse and lived through to the creation of this one. The creation myth held by most races goes as follows:

The three progenitor dragons, Siberys, Khyber, and Eberron, were the creators. Eberron went off dancing while Siberys created the stars. Khyber followed behind Siberys, gobbling up the stars as quickly as they were created. Not much is discussed about Eberron's dance. That is where the fey version takes over. According to the fey, Eberron met her. She taught Eberron the dance. The first of all races were the fey. Beyond that, the creation myths are rather similar. The fey claim that the other races learned the truth from them, then ignored the most important parts.

The fey have no religion. They follow a spirituality centered around magic. Some of the magic would be taboo on the material plane, such as the blood magic of the Redcaps or the emotionally-powered magic of the Joystealers, but the fey look at all of it as different forms of their connection to the multiverse itself. The majority of their magic is emotionally charged in the form of intense rituals and celebrations designed to develop magical charge to power different effects. The fey possess a control over their environment unmatched on the material plane, yet at the same time, their connection is far deeper, as well.

The warforged find a place among the fey doing whatever it is they decide to do. They can be crafters, forging weapons, as there are certainly dangers in Thelanis, and the fey have no qualms about doing battle against them. But, the style of weapons used by the fey are vastly different than human-style weapons. I don't know much about weaponry, so I leave it to your imaginations to decide what it may be that fey use to protect their cities.

Perhaps Verbal would enjoy being a collector of stories. He simply travels around talking with different fey, learning all he can of their histories and beliefs.

For Nine, perhaps he would enjoy participating in the magical rituals that abound on the plane.

Mychasi enjoys learning about different things and fostering his own bond with the land.

So, now for the question and answer period:
  1. Would you remain in the city, or would you explore more of the plane?
  2. How much of your time would be spent with her? Would you want to fully understand everything that she could teach you, or would you prefer to live among the fey? (Time with her will lead to understanding while time among the fey will lead to social growth).
  3. Where do you consider home? Thelanis or the material plane?
  4. Some of the magical rituals change matter. Warforged are comprised of a great deal of matter. Would any of you have qualms participating in rituals that might affect your physical appearance and possibly more?
  5. If you found a way to return to the material plane sooner than six years, would you?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Re: Common story

Post by admin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:29 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Would you remain in the city, or would you explore more of the plane?
both? (city 1st)
shai-hulud wrote:How much of your time would be spent with her? Would you want to fully understand everything that she could teach you, or would you prefer to live among the fey? (Time with her will lead to understanding while time among the fey will lead to social growth).
both if possible - staying 2 'cycles' if necessary (might as well!)
shai-hulud wrote:Where do you consider home? Thelanis or the material plane?
Thelanis sounds cooler :P
shai-hulud wrote:Some of the magical rituals change matter. Warforged are comprised of a great deal of matter. Would any of you have qualms participating in rituals that might affect your physical appearance and possibly more?
no problem, as long as they don't amputate!
shai-hulud wrote:If you found a way to return to the material plane sooner than six years, would you?[/list]
No

Here is what Mecano would focus on:
a) Learn as much as he can from this plane and its inhabitants
b) Try to develop new materials to forge weapons against those who would hurt the fey (he needs to create a new Sharrash, possibly masterwork for eventual enchantment)
c) If more magical supplies can be found, Mecano would try to develop wondrous items usable for himself & his friends

Why wold Mecano return to the Material Plane: He would return to try to help out those who could need his help (good folks & fey, as there ARE fey in the prime). He would eventually be curious as to what is happening there. He could (hopefully!) always return to Thelanis when the need arises.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:50 am

Would you remain in the city, or would you explore more of the plane?
Nine would probably try to get an understanding of the Plane, and how it works. But would lke to also be with the fey in teh city as well.
How much of your time would be spent with her? Would you want to fully understand everything that she could teach you, or would you prefer to live among the fey? (Time with her will lead to understanding while time among the fey will lead to social growth).
Nine would greatly lean toward Understanding with her, but as not to put all his parts in one bin, he'd spend some time with the other fey as well.
Where do you consider home? Thelanis or the material plane?
over a short period of time, Nine would come to consider this place home. Having spent the most time here. He had never spent more than a year (at most) in any one place before. so spending 6 here, he would grow here and surely consider it home.
Some of the magical rituals change matter. Warforged are comprised of a great deal of matter. Would any of you have qualms participating in rituals that might affect your physical appearance and possibly more?
Nine would be a little hesitant early on, but if teh opportunity arises after he's been with her and the fey a little while he would not have any qualms with this. he would come to understand that his appearance wouldnt matter, it could stay the same or change, and his friends would still be his friends.
If you found a way to return to the material plane sooner than six years, would you?
He would not return early.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:52 pm

Well, since it seems that exploring the plane is of interest for many, here is the skinny...

It turns out that the city where you are staying is a very exclusive city. Other cities exist, but elves, some half elves, and even the occasional orc, half-orc, and human, can be found living there. It also seems that the city where you have made your home is outside of the fey court. The rules and customs of the court are enough to make your heads spin! None of you are prepared to survive in the Fey Court, so for the most part, you stick to the more rural areas during your travels. You discover that there are areas of Thelanis with permanent manifest zones to the material plane. Fey not of your city are not terribly pleasant towards you, unaware of your interactions in your home city.

In general, home is definitely the one city where you have been accepted. And there, you are universally accepted.

From talks with various fey and with her the following information becomes apparent:
  • Back in the Material plane, you have discovered that the great nations are back at war. Of the original five nations, magical calamity has claimed three, and the domain of the warforged has expanded tremendously. Breland and Karrnath are all that remain. The warforged have gained in power, as well. Each have begun creation of massive mechanical apparati called mechs. Apparently, the secrets to their creation were found in schemas recovered from Xen'Drik.
  • Being warforged, your creation can be tied to specific locations. You know where you were created, but the details of how are still a mystery. For Mecano, he knows that Karrnath created him, and for Nine and Verbal, they were created in the Mournlands, but where did they come from? Warforged creation wasn't developed in either of those locations. They got the idea from somewhere else. So, whose idea was it to create the warforged in the first place? According to her, the secrets of their origin lie in Xen'Drik.
  • The three warforged have earned their place as residents of the city, but they should feel free to explore. Self exploration is important in development. This plane is their home now, so they should feel free to explore what it has to offer. Additionally, they may take interest in what is happening back where they were created, or perhaps in search of where their true origins lie. What is clear is that they are spiritually incomplete. They must go forth and gain knowledge and experience to bring them closer to who they could be. This is the impetus for their return to the Material world.
Given that information, where would you like to have the party return? To the same forest where you initially left? To the Twilight Demense (where there is a permanent manifest zone to the Material Plane)? Or perhaps to Xen'Drik? This choice will determine the nature of the campaign (I have been interested in running a Xen'Drik campaign, as well :D)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:04 pm

shai-hulud wrote:So, now for the question and answer period:
  1. Would you remain in the city, or would you explore more of the plane? Verbal would try to learn all he could about both.
  2. How much of your time would be spent with her? Would you want to fully understand everything that she could teach you, or would you prefer to live among the fey? (Time with her will lead to understanding while time among the fey will lead to social growth). Again both.
  3. Where do you consider home? Thelanis or the material plane? Thelanis would become Verbal's home.
  4. Some of the magical rituals change matter. Warforged are comprised of a great deal of matter. Would any of you have qualms participating in rituals that might affect your physical appearance and possibly more? Verbal is very interested in the rituals practiced by the fey. He would likely continue to learn what it was the redcaps acted out and possibly seek to learn many rituals himself.
  5. If you found a way to return to the material plane sooner than six years, would you? Verbal would spend as much time with the fey as he could, but he also knows there is more to life. He would remain the six, but once the gate opened he'd be inclined to explore again, possibly for one last time.
Answers in Red
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:11 pm

Xen'Drik
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:33 pm

Xen'Drik
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:35 am

I was jsut thinking Xen'Drik would be neat.

To find our origins would be swell.

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:04 pm

Shai, can i assume, after the 6 years in Thelanis, that i've mastered my spellbook? I need to add the two new spells for lvl 4, and anything else i may have picked up in that time.

Return to “FFE - Natureforged [FULL]”