Warforged Equipment

The creation forges gave them form, but not identity. The treaty of Thronehold gave them freedom, but not community. The fey gave them knowledge and understanding, but a question still loomed. What happened to the world they came from?
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Warforged Equipment

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:47 am

During your stay in the fey lands, Mecano can create new items for you. Items to be created must be run by me first. In general, you can equip yourselves with 3,000gp worth of equipment. This equipment must be selected from among items that Mecano can craft, or it must be specially requested from the fey. Mecano can create the following types of objects:

1. Scrolls
2. Potions
3. Wondrous Items
4. Unknown (possibly homonculi or constructs)

Alternatively, you can request for the fey to equip you. You will have a hodgepodge of items that the fey don't think they need and give to you. Essentially, this is rolling randomly for equipment. You will get more than 3,000gp worth of equipment, but the utility of the items you receive may be questionable. You will, however, receive a method of carrying all of the goods, which in and of itself might make this option worthwhile.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: Warforged Equipment

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:13 am

I think I'll take a shot at the fey equipping Verbal. Who rolls and from what list of items?

Either that or a small spider construct that has a poisonous bite and can spin webbing comparable to twice the strength of a rope at double length 8x per day like the monstrous spider web ability? How far is that reaching?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:48 am

Mecano would need to rebuild a Sharrash at some point... If he can find some metal to work with?
R

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:00 am

admin wrote:Mecano would need to rebuild a Sharrash at some point... If he can find some metal to work with?
R
You can choose your own equipment worth up to 3,000 gp. This assumes that Mecano has been doing the crafting. Alternatively, you can choose random equipment from the fey (I roll randomly and you get a list of items that you receive). There is one more option that I am looking into, and that would be grafts. Grafts would grant bonuses to your characters at the expense of hit points. These hit points would permanently be removed from your character in exchange for the benefit from the graft. If you wanted grafts, you would be allowed to choose from among plant grafts and elemental grafts. I would give you a list to choose from.

Regardless of your choice, there will be some possibility for exchange. The items you receive represent your time in the current fey city. However, you said that you wanted to explore Thelanis. It will be during your exploration of Thelanis that you will learn of a manifest zone to Xen'drik. But, you have the potential to barter some of your equipment through one of the fey cities. I will post more about that after initial equipment is chosen. While other cities have economies, they are not like economies on the material plane. Different items have different perceived values on Thelanis (although cost the same to create). So some items might be utterly worthless. If you maximize your 3,000gp for items that you believe would be in high demand in Thelanis, you might do extremely well in the trading period.

For crafted mundane items, they cost 1/3 the normal amount (because you are crafting them by hand). For magic items, they cost full price (because Mecano might make a mistake and have to start again, doubling the cost of his work, or essentially, making it cost the same as a purchased item).

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:08 am

Mecano's priority is recreating a Sharrash - possibly magical if that he can do that.
If any GP is left over, he would try to get stuff maximized for Thelanis exchanges.

R

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:20 am

is this in addition to the equipment we already had?

Nine Might be interested in an elemental Graft. not sure.

and he doesnt really need anything, maybe a weapon of some sort, but he's fine with his spellbook.

In light of that, i think he would look into getting high value items and trading.

Also, Nine would be open to doing things for the fey, in exchange for history and stories as well.

One thing he would like to get very early is a book to keep a journal of his time here, and going forward.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:35 pm

is there an idea of what these elemental grafts would be yet? I'm a bit curious as to what "effects" they may incur as well as any benefits.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Item reboot. I changed my mind. Simplicity is best in this situation. Each character can equip themselves with any items that they want up to a total value of 6,000gp. Assume some combination of items possessed by the fey that were brought by the druids from the material and given as gifts, and items that Mecano has crafted during your stay in Thelanis.

Additionally, I don't have time for full write-ups about grafts, but in general, they are based on abilities present in the creatures they came from. Two types of grafts are available: Plant grafts and Elemental grafts. If you choose a graft, you can gain additional grafts of the same type (to a maximum of five grafts total), but you cannot have more than one type of graft grafted to you. An example ability would be:

Earthen Body
Nodules from earth elementals are magically implanted throughout your body. This improves your natural armor by +1. This stacks with all other types of natural armor, including natural armor granted by a barkskin spell.
Cost: 4 hp

Pretty much, grafts can grant you abilities similar to the chosen type. Elementals could grant you elemental abilities. Plants can grant you plant abilities. Perhaps a plant graft would allow you to gain natural healing when exposed to sunlight and plenty of water. They are very open-ended. If you are interested in grafts, you pick the type. Decide on an amount of your starting wealth that you want to spend on a graft, and I come up with a graft that you are given. Alternately, you can purchase grafts from the Magic of Eberron supplement. Any of the grafts that you can afford are available. The Earthen Body example above is based on a graft from the book. Should you decide on that, we would use the actual graft rather than what I just wrote.

Return to “FFE - Natureforged [FULL]”