Red Warehouse

A city of mysteries, secrets, and dark histories, Ptolus lies forever in the shadow of a towering stone spire reaching impossibly high into the sky, itself an enigma and a reminder of evil long past. Ptolus is a place where the supernatural is expected, and treachery lies around every corner—or is it that the supernatural lies around every corner and treachery is expected? Either way, Ptolus is a city of danger, magic, intrigue, and above all: adventure.
harneloot
Knight
Knight
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by harneloot » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:57 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Kaul enters the warehouse. He has 60ft drakvision and a 21 for his perception check - what does he see?

 

Image Kaul Kettlefist - Dwarven Journeyman Mason

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:52 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm waiting for shai before continuing on.

 


harneloot
Knight
Knight
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by harneloot » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:23 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
yeah, well, he hasn't posted anything for 2+ weeks!

 

Image Kaul Kettlefist - Dwarven Journeyman Mason

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5785
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:52 pm

Garrick waits patiently for those who said they would check things out to return and let him know what they see. In the meantime, he will look around for a guard, although he will not leave his position of waiting. If he sees a guard, he will call the guard over and ask, Excuse me, do you have a moment?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Aldran, Kaul, Kirdamil, and Branador entered the warehouse which is filled with crates with a couple sets of stairs to a platform. It was dark in the warehouse but they were able to notice a trail of blood and an elf on the platform. Suddenly you hear a booming voice in the warehouse just coming behind the elf.

It seems Darrel wasn't lying about the interference but I didn't expect to come so soon though. Shame I shouldn't have kill him so quickly. Laucio, Marcus, kill them now.

The party sees the elf presumably Laucio draw an arrow while you hear a growl coming from behind some crates.

Initiative:

Aldran
Vagger
Laucio
Kaul
Kirdamil
Branador
Marcus
Treye
Garrick

Combat Round 1 Starts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Ceroill » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:46 pm

Aldran will blow loudly on his whistle to alert Garrick and any others outside to trouble inside. He will also try to take cover under the stairs or under the elevated area where the archer elf is, using a tumbling move. Once under cover he will ready his crossbow, and seek the origins of the growl. I know he won't be able to fire at "M", and hopefully "M" doesn't have a bow ready to skewer him.
acrobatics check (1d20 6=25)
Image, Image

harneloot
Knight
Knight
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by harneloot » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:10 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
ok...waiting for the bad guys to go....

 

Image Kaul Kettlefist - Dwarven Journeyman Mason

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Aldran whistles to alert Garrick and Treye but Garrick doesn't hear the whistle (I did your Perception check on the whistle). Then he moves under the platform directly above Laucio. He sees the source of growl, Marcus, to be a Doberman Pinscher along with a dead body that's been chewed up. He draws his crossbow.

Vagger draws his shortbow and fires at Kaul and misses horribly.

Laucio fires his composite longbow at Kirdamil and pierces the half-elf's chest. The shot hurts but still conscious. (6 damage)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Current turn is Kaul.

Damage taken:

Kirdamil: 6

 


harneloot
Knight
Knight
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by harneloot » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:59 pm

Kaul stares in shock for a moment at the arrow sticking out of Kirdamil's chest.....he then runs under the platform, clutching his crowbar protectively. While he does so, he screams out HELP, They're shooting at us!!!
OUT OF CHARACTER
Kaul double moves from G12 to O12

 

Image Kaul Kettlefist - Dwarven Journeyman Mason

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:27 pm

Branador moves to K13 adjacent to Laucio and attacks with his bastard sword.
Attack/Damage (1d20+4=23,1d10+4=13)
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Benji » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:43 pm

Treye steps into the room and pales visibly when she notices the arrow jutting from Kirdamil. With a quaver in her voice, she begins to sing a song that her mother used to hum to her when she was unwell.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Using Inspire Courage. Lasts for however long I keep singing plus 5 rounds. All allies listening gain +1 to attack and damage as well as saves versus charm and fear. Treye will be standing in F13

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by larenee » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Kirdamil, irritated by not seeing their foes sooner, dashes up the stairs (single move to K12), drawing his rapier on the way (free action), and thrusts the blade at Laucio (standard action), cleanly missing him.
1d20+4=10
Kirdamil meets the stranger's eyes, hoping his anger shows through. He knows only one of them will be going home tonight. At present, Kirdamil may not be that one, but he certainly isn't going to let his enemy know he's thinking that.
Image

harneloot
Knight
Knight
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by harneloot » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:34 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
WTF is up with this game? This is my first play-by=post, so please excuse me if I'm out of line, but the last post was Wednesday.......its now Monday night......that's a pretty darn slow moving game IMHO. Frankly, I'm getting way tired of checking in and seeing nothing new here. Pretty darn disappointing I must say.......are all PBM games like this? :?

 

Image Kaul Kettlefist - Dwarven Journeyman Mason

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Ceroill » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:27 pm

harneloot wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
WTF is up with this game? This is my first play-by=post, so please excuse me if I'm out of line, but the last post was Wednesday.......its now Monday night......that's a pretty darn slow moving game IMHO. Frankly, I'm getting way tired of checking in and seeing nothing new here. Pretty darn disappointing I must say.......are all PBM games like this? :?

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
No, not all, and not always on the ones that are. Unfortunately real life has a way of impinging on these things from time to time. Try to be patient.

 

Image, Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Benji » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:04 pm

Ceroill wrote:
harneloot wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
WTF is up with this game? This is my first play-by=post, so please excuse me if I'm out of line, but the last post was Wednesday.......its now Monday night......that's a pretty darn slow moving game IMHO. Frankly, I'm getting way tired of checking in and seeing nothing new here. Pretty darn disappointing I must say.......are all PBM games like this? :?

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
No, not all, and not always on the ones that are. Unfortunately real life has a way of impinging on these things from time to time. Try to be patient.

 

Yeah, PbP games tend to go quite slowly anyway. Most of the time they're updated weekly, so don't get too impatient. I'm sure our DM has just been distracted by work or school or something.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:17 pm

Kaul runs away in fear of being shot again and hides under the floor (under Vagger).

Kirdamil still weak from the arrow attack misses Laucio.

Branador with his mighty bastard sword manages to subdue Laucio with one swing and brings him to the ground.

Marcus moves to attack Aldran but its bite misses the nimble half-elf.

Treye enters the warehouse and begins to hum a song that somehow inspires her allies.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Current turn: Garrick

Damage Taken:

Kirdamil: 6

Laucio: 13

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Benji » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:43 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Just keep Treye as singing for the entire battle. She wouldn't do anything else apart from maybe run away if she's attacked.

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by larenee » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:54 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Aldrin is under the platform, right?

 

Image

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Ceroill » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:37 am

Yep
Image, Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Phoenix512 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:56 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
And Kaul is directly under Vaggar.

 


User avatar
larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by larenee » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:50 am

Kirdamil hopes to avoid having to engage the other enemy directly, knowing that additional injuries could spell his demise.
He draws one of his daggers (move action), throws at 'V' (standard), then backs up a couple paces (5-ft step to J12).
1d20+4=19, 1d4=3
Best I can do guys....
Image

harneloot
Knight
Knight
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by harneloot » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:39 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
and we're still waiting for Garrick to go, yes?

 

Image Kaul Kettlefist - Dwarven Journeyman Mason

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:46 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
You guys can go if you want since right now, Garrick can't really affect the fight right now.

 


User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Ceroill » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:07 pm

Aldran will fire his crossbow point blank at Marcus as he charges in, or after the dog misses if too slow (or is he a wolf?)

To Hit with Crossbow (1d20 4=11)

Damage, if he hit (1d8=8)
Image, Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:08 pm

Branador pursues Vagger to O8 and attack with his greatsword but misses. Att/Dmg (1d20+4=7, 1d10+4=7)
Last edited by Duniagdra on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

harneloot
Knight
Knight
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by harneloot » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:50 pm

Kaul looks to see if Aldran took down the dog. If he did, then Kaul moves out from under the platform and up the stairs to a position behind V.

If Aldran did not take down the dog, then Kaul musters his courage, hefts his crowbar, moves to L11 and whacks it
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/ ... ">1d20+1=4
Image Kaul Kettlefist - Dwarven Journeyman Mason

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:14 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm going to continue on without shai for the time being since he's on sick leave.

 

Aldran shoots at Marcus point blank which wasn't the best idea since he missed and the dog took a huge bite out of him. It was enough for the half-elf to drop unconscious onto the floor. (It was a critical bite attack for 10 damage.)

Vagger will fire an arrow at Kirdamil and misses. He retreats to O7.

Laucio is slowly dying. (1 damage)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Current turn: Kaul

I'm allowing you to make a new action since Aldran is at negative HP right now along with Vagger moving away.

Current damage taken:

Kirdamil: 6
Laucio: 14
Aldran: 10

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

harneloot
Knight
Knight
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by harneloot » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Kaul yelps in fear as he watches Aldran miss and the vicious dog jump for his throat and drop him!

He all but pees himself, but summons enough courage to take wack at the dog to keep it from completely tearing out Aldran's throat.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Heres my new roll with my new action :D

 

1d20+1=16

Does Kaul connect?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry - can someone explain how to properly format the die rolls. Thanks!

 

Image Kaul Kettlefist - Dwarven Journeyman Mason

User avatar
Ceroill
BARON
BARON
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:32 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by Ceroill » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:29 pm

"ARrrghhhh!" *thud...bleed, bleed, bleed*
Image, Image

harneloot
Knight
Knight
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:59 pm

Re: Red Warehouse

Post by harneloot » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:27 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
well, assuming Kaul did hit, here would be his damage

 

1d6+1=6
Image Kaul Kettlefist - Dwarven Journeyman Mason

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Ptolus: The City Within Praemal [CLOSED]”