Game Start and Validation Timing

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Game Start and Validation Timing

Post by patransom »

If you check the Player List post, you'll see I'm still waiting for mcs files from 3 players. If you are one of them, please try to get your character done ASAP. We will start as soon as those characters are completed, or, if they aren't done soon (like by mid this week), we will start without them.

In my other campaign, I've been validating (i.e., chiming in as DM to tell you the results of your actions) basically whenever everyone has posted. For this campaign, because of the larger number of players, I'd like to validate on a set schedule, maybe twice a week.

I propose validating on Tuesday and Friday afternoons, because that schedule works really well for me. If you have an opinion about the number of validations per week, or the timing of them, please post here to let us know. We will try to work something out so that everyone is accomodated.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

This is my first experience online gaming. I say whatever is most convenient to you.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Tuesdays and Fridays works for me
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Works for me.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

I'm good.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

ok
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

As a thought only - the average player has more time over the weekends and less during the week. Might I therefore suggest that you make it Mondays and Fridays? Giving people the extra day during the week to get in and post - while taking advantage of the weekends? They'd have friday night, saturday and sunday to get in - read and post. While then having all of Tuesday, Wednessday and Thursday before having to "beat you to it on Friday". ...

Also - a set cut off time might be useful - for example - No validation before 8pm on Friday - or Anything until noon will count towards this validation. (You can always post after that time - but if you post at 12:01 and they didn't get in their post - well, that's on them, isn't it....)
CarnageCJB
Templar
Templar

Post by CarnageCJB »

I like the idea of Monday and Friday, since I tend to be off most weekends. But I understand that some others may have plans, and might not be able to get in before Monday. Is there going to be a provision to allow early validation, in the case of everyone getting a reply in quicker than expected? That would enable the game to move along at a quicker pace when possible, while still letting people have time if they needed.

Just my $.02
Everybody loves ninjas!
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Doesn't matter to me, just make sure I know the time and date once we decide.

Return to “Perearth: Archives”