The Boar and Pig (Introductions)

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Chuckles and pockets most of the games, rising with her mead and moving to join the others near the chess game.
"And what makes you think I will pummel him, Aeless?"
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Well, a puzzle solver like you can use your mind freely as the game moves as if it is water-.... fluidly." and a smile shows.

"Well, I guess you do have a point there Esias. No doubt we'll be of sound mind, as we all get done with our mugs in this establishment." as he starts whistling 900 bottles of ale on the wall.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

"Mmm, perhaps... we shall just have to see, will we not."
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"I'd say so milady."
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Vulan leaves the room, and asks the innkeep to send a wench or two into the meeting room, as well as food, before asking where the clothier is in town.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Looking about the room, Esias asks the group at large, "Has anyone here ever been t' the northern lands of Tharbria? I confess, I've not, and belike some knowledge beforehand of the ground we'll be coverin' might be useful."
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Not much to validate here as the interviews are still going on:

Between your time with Oldin, all of you relax and eat and drink to your hearts' content. The innkeeper and his wenches are attentive to your every need, as Oldin has promised to pay them well. A few other customers come and go, stopping for a quick meal or drink, but generally pay you no mind.

After his interview, Vulan goes out and returns some time later with a package wrapped in paper.

After Jermain pulls out his chess set, Aeless sits down to join him in a game. Although Jermain seems the more experienced player, Aeless is relentlessly agressive and ends up winning.

Leenah then tries her hand at the game against Aeless. Aeless continues his agressive strategy, which Leenah uses against him by setting traps for his advancing pieces. After a time, neither can gain the upper hand and they agree that the game is a stalemate.

I actually have a copy of a Dragon magazine from 1983 that covers playing chess under D&D rules! It was kind of fun to actually use that. If you'd like to play more chess while you wait for the interviews to finish, I can cover the results of further games at the next validation time.

If you're playing, post here and pm me a choice from one of the following strategies:

A = General Attack
B = Build Up Own Position
C = Destroy Foe's Position
D = Set Traps
E = Trade Down
F = Attack Foe's King

You can also try to "cheat" using slight of hand, intimidate, or bluff :)
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand stands up, and wanders over to watch the game.

I think Jiam has passed out.

He looks over towards Esias.

I've been to Tharbria, as far north as Iso Monster Lake. I never encountered any of the Monsters that it's name implies, but the people there are fierce warriors.
Image R.I.P. Brand
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"So do nobles love to play the game? Since you're rather great at this game." a grin shows on his face rather than the usual smile.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Arches a brow at Aeless.
"Have I presented myself as a noble?" She asks very softly. Looking up at Brand she then glances at Jiam, "So it would appear. I have never been out of Viridian, but there are some I may check with on the morrow that might have."
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Come, come no need to be in distress, as most nobles I know play these games as most are not in the muck as some would want to be." as he whispers with a smile.

"I find it interesting that people of the status would come and be among their lower class citizens. Care for more mead?" as he asks.

"Shall we continue or is it time for you to speak with Oldin?"
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Galaphile wrote:Brand: I've been to Tharbria, as far north as Iso Monster Lake. I never encountered any of the Monsters that it's name implies, but the people there are fierce warriors.
Esias gives the knight a measuring look. "From what sage Oldin showed me, your experiences might be useful. Mayhap you can weave that yarn over dinner."
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Still only half way through her mug she shakes her head no. I am fine thank you, if you wish to play again we can. While I may have learned to play at my father's knee, twas my mentor that truly taught me to play. What makes you think I am one of status? Or that I view any of you as lower class citizens?" Her voice drops as she answer Aeless. "Let me say only that, that might be my father's view, but not my own."
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

With but a joyous laugh, "Leenah, your a lady of my own des... I meant heart." as he picks up the rest of the chess pieces and resetting them.

"Tis hard to see if one has fire until one stirs and rouse it out of the person." as that smile comes back. "Shall we close the inn for ourselves or let the rest of folks freely come and go?"

Then he awaits for your opening move.... "tis your go my dear, and I shalt not upset you any further for you are your person and not your father." as he whisper with that wisdom filled smile.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Looks at Aeless and then chuckles, eyes dancing with mischief. "I see, t'would be wise to be careful how one stirs anothers fire and who's fire you stir, m'dear Aeless. For all you know I might have drawn my sword and attacked at your words. She laughs and arches a brow, And whyever would we need to close the inn?" she asks coyly, making her opening move if no others appear to want to play.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

He whispers towards Leenah, "Maybe we can ask for some wine here." and smiles.

"Talking about those weapons, hmm... maybe we can spar practice since it has been a long while since I had a little training." and winks.
Last edited by valinor on Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Looks at her still half full mug of mead and shakes her head, "But I still have half a mug of mead, so why would I need wine too? Perhaps we can on the morrow, I fear by the time the interviews are down, that I will be to tired to spar, given that I am second to last."
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Well, lets just finish this game, give back Jermain's board and finish our mead." as he ask for another mug of mead.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Grins with true humor as she has parried Aeless for the moment. Leaning closer to him she whispers something very softly to him. Then leans back and makes her next move, sipping her mead as she watches Aeless' reaction to her whispered words.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

With a smile, "In time, my dear and we'll see this through along the way." and moves a chess piece.

"Being part human makes me think of things that needs to be done as soon as possible, and being elven blooded allows me to see things through with patience." as he releases a quiet sounded sigh.

"We'll see upon the morrow to what we do and where we go." as he whispers to Leenah.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Inclines her head, eyes dancing.
"So we shall..." she returns softly and moves a piece.
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

"I will spar you Aeless, if you so desire."

Vulan stands from a table nearby, picking up his sword by the hilt and keeping one hand on the shealth in anticipation of drawing it out to spar.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless leans closely towards Leenah and stands, "Well, Vulan we might have to go outside since we'll need room rather than break things here in the inn." and smiles. "Now, be sure and good since I don't bring these out much." as he grabs his packs and is ready to follow Vulan to an area to spar and maybe pass time in sweat.
Last edited by valinor on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Chuckles softly.
"Perhaps I shall come watch until it is my turn."

Goes to watch the sparring if she has enough time.
CarnageCJB
Templar
Templar

Post by CarnageCJB »

Jiam slowly shakes the cobwebs from his head and looks around the room. "Has anyone else ever become completely lost within a memory? Perhaps it is the fact that I prefer to not revisit them that makes them so captivating."

As his gaze travels from person to person, his smile broadens at each new sight of comraderie and merriment, with only a slight furrowing of his brow when he catches sight of (what appears to him as) Vulan preparing to unsheath his sword.

"I see that my reverie was longer than I thought. For that I must apologize, though it seems that the intervening time was well spent by most. However, it seems that not everyone is enjoying themselves. Come, have some ale, perhaps some wine, else some other spirits if they are your choice. Tonight is a night for celebration! Every night should be a night for celebration, for one never knows when it may be their last!"

While giving his little "speech", Jiam is walking from person to person, doing his best to encourage each one to make merry.
Everybody loves ninjas!
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

"Lead the way Aeless."
Vulan swings the sword around his back, catching the strap in his other hand and quickly tightening the shealth around him. He picks up his helmet as he turns to follow Aeless from the inn.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless smiles and turns towards the innkeeper, "Innkeeper, any area at back to practice and get gawked at too much by folks around here? We just want to be around and be able to sweat a little." as he grabs his half filled mug. As he thinks of his statement pauses a few moments and says, "I meant not get gawked at by folks." Leans towards Leenah.
CarnageCJB
Templar
Templar

Post by CarnageCJB »

OOC:
Who is currently getting interviewed? From what I can follow, it seems to be Rúadhnait, but I just want to make sure, before I go off and start trying to talk to people that aren't here. :wink:
Everybody loves ninjas!
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Technically, I don't think the postings in this thread are necessarily connected to the order of the interviews, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

In real world time, most of the interviews are completed, except maybe Rúadhnait, Elezar, and Jermain. Hopefully, those will be done by Tuesday, so Oldin can make some pronouncements and I can validate the gathering of supplies and have you set off on your journey.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

When talk of Tharbria comes up, the warrior-woman with spear merely glares. "I know of the Tharbrians," she says, spitting on the floor after speaking the word. "Savages, without even a hint of honor."
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36

Return to “Perearth: Archives”