River Crossing

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Crisis averted, the party and its horses wades across the ford, marveling at the dwarf’s ability to stride on the surface of the water. You reach the opposite bank without incident, while the Riverkeeper remains standing atop the water near the edge.
Once everyone safely crosses the river, Oldin turns to Riverkeeper and asks, "Riverkeeper, we have discovered the name of our Natchai enemy. Have you ever heard the name Phatel Rablim? And do you know anything about the area he is in? Esias, please show Riverkeeper the map. Any information he might have for us may be helpful in defeating our foe. Also, after we defeat our Natchai enemy, is there any service that we can perform for your Lady in thanks for your aid?"

Esias produces the map and shows it to the Riverkeeper.
The Riverkeeper answers, “I don’t know that name, but in past months many of the locals have become less friendly, less willing to stay away from the Lady’s river. They say the name of Natch Ur as they seek to corrupt this place. The only service you can perform is to smash their dirt-worshipping souls! The Lady needs no more aid than that.”

He looks at the map disinterestedly and points to your location, “Yes, yes, this is the Lady’s River. Not a very pretty picture of it though.” He frowns, tracing the line that depicts the river, “I know the waters from here to here. The rest of these lands are dry and I care not for them.” He waves his hand over the map a whole. “The peoples and creatures that live on the lands come near here sometimes, but I chase them away.” He waves the wand that is still in his hand a bit. “Now go and smash the dirt-worshipers!”

He then watches as you ride north, out of his sight.

If you have parting thoughts to convey to the Riverkeeper, post them here, but the validation will continue in a new thread, to appear in the next hour…
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin nods, slightly disappointed. "Thank you, Riverkeeper. We will travel with haste to defeat the worshippers of Natch Ur!"
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue

Return to “Perearth: Archives”