Roleplay Thread

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Roleplay Thread

Post by patransom »

Since I've fast-forwarded several days of your journey, this thread will provide a place for you to roleplay any interaction with your fellow party members that may have taken place during that time.

You aren't required to post here, nor do I plan on validating anything posted (although I'll certainly read it). It's just meant to provide a place for you to interact, outside the constraints of your current encounter.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

After we pass through Trenth and cross the river, Oldin divulges the information he promised.

"Everyone, I have a confession to make. While I have not openly lied, I have deceived you. This deception has been eating away at me, and now that we are passed the borders of the empire, it is time for me to come clean. Between the divinations of the Gnosophim and that of Jiam's brotherhood, we actually know a bit more about Amon's kidnappers than I led on.

"The man holding Amon is named Phatem Rablil. He is a Prelate of the Natchai. Because of its widespread worship in the Empire, I did not want to bring up the nature of this mission within Tak Shire. The Natchai relish secrecy and would not appreciate ten nonbelievers divulging information abouts its rituals and practices. In fact, we believe that Amon is to be the Prelate's Scarlet Sprinkle this month..." Oldin pauses a moment as he chokes back a tear. "This ritual involves the sacrifice of a small--" At this, Oldin can't hold back and lets out a sob. He turns from everyone while he regains his composure.

"Anyway, now that I have the opportunity, I will divulge everything. The ordinary way of resolving such a matter would of course be through the Imperial Courts in Viridistan. Does the Shah deserve his boy back, or does he now belong to the Natchai, by virtue of possession? Unfortunately, knowing what the Natchai do with 10 year old boys, there isn't time for a drawn-out legal battle, and I am not even certain we would win.

"Once we arrive at the Natchai obelisk, I suggest that we all alter our appearance. As I have already stated, Natch-Ur is a god of secrets. Let us hope that the Prelate will not have the ability to learn our secret. If he does, he may attempt to exact vengeance for his lost sacrifice. Are any among you uncomfortable opposing the Natchai? If you are, please let me know now, and we will bid you farewell. I will not force anyone into this situation, no matter how much Amon means to me."

Oldin looks to everyone, making sure that they understand the full gravity of the situation, and awaits a response.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
CarnageCJB
Templar
Templar

Post by CarnageCJB »

Jiam rides his horse up next to Oldin. "I was already aware of this information. An innocent does not deserve to suffer. At anyone's hands. I stand with you."
Everybody loves ninjas!
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Nods at Oldin's words. Now I see why you had some of the questions for me that you did. I will go, I think perhaps you will need some of my abilities even more now, if we are to get in quickly.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Ahhh, the menacing truth... anyway, am rather sure that you can really use my skills in this then... stealth and devastation." as the half-elf giggles in laughter and composes himself in seriousness, "That I can assure you I can lend you my aid in arms... success... well, that is to be determined by all of us. I do love a good covert mission." and he exhales in relief.

"Oh, when do we camp and dine?" as he smiles with glee.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias responds to Oldin's revelation with a grimace and a short phrase in a harsh, grating tongue. (OOC: PM me if you understand Orcish) Then he addresses the the other: "Be this plinth th' location marked on th' map, some shrine or monument t' this unsavory god? And what more can you tell us o' what we might find there?"

Before the Viridian priest can answer, he adds, "I've no intention o' showin' yellow, good sage, and I've seen th' afterwards o' too many tusk-face raids along th' Smokes t' want t' abandon th' lad. But could as be knowin' th' lay o' th' land, and what we might have t' face there, could give us a sore-needed advantage for this task."
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

The obelisk is atop a hill at that location, but the boy is being held underground, as all Natchai temples are caverns.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin puts his hand inside one of his saddlebags and rummages around for a bit. Eventually, his hand emerges with a black velvet pouch with a drawstring tied carefully.

"Do any among us possess skill in creating disguises? Within this bag is Dust of Illusion. We can use it to create a magical disguise, if need be. The disguise will not last long, though, and there is only enough dust for perhaps 20 disguises. Whoever sprinkles the dust on another simply imagines a form of approximately the same size and voila, the disguise is made. The better the sprinkler is at creating normal disguises, the better the magical disguise will be."

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Not I, sounds like Leenah's side of the conversation." and smiles at her.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Chuckles softly shaking her head at Aeless, "Mmm disguises are not my forte, getting in and out quickly and quietly and not being seen at all, are."
jameswllorimer
Horseman
Horseman

Post by jameswllorimer »

Jermain stayed silent for the most part whilst the revelations about the exact nature of their mission came to the fore. Only a small frown crossed his face. He spoke quietly and solemnly when he did. "Oldin, I say I do not like being decieved in such a manner with regards to the circumstances we will be facing. However I am a man of my word, I will stay the course, if not for yours, but the boy's sake." He nods curtly towards the sage, and seems to relax a little after that. "There may of course be one benefit, these Natchai if they are truly keepers of secrets, may be a source of knowledge that is yet untapped." He fell quiet again, lost in his own thoughts.[/b]
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin's expression seems unaffected as Jermain speaks, but when he finishes, Oldin says, "Jermain, may I please speak with you in private?"

TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Vulan looks to Aeless, and asks in response to his demeanor, "Do you delight in death and destruction for the simplicity for it, or do you just jest of your love for such things?"
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

OOC: I forgot to mention this, but Oldin will take one of the healing wands and suggests that either Aeless or Leenah take the other. Did anyone decide that they were taking lighting? Oldin will grab an everburning torch and store it in his backpack.

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Vulan, that is a question I can't trully answer since to delight in destruction isn't what intelligent beings like, but what can you say when one jest of things of what is to come?" as you see the glint of seriousness in his eyes under the night stars.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

OOC: I can take the other healing wand if no one else is.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

OOC: I think it would be a great idea, then I will take an everburning torch, if no one else will take it.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

OOC: I'll take one of the sunrods.
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Vulan only shrugs at the reply, and returns to the scenery, taking 10 on spot.
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Rúadhnait merely shrugs at Oldin's revelation. "So long as you do not betray us, your real motivation means little. I will keep my part of the bargain, but you had best keep yours."
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
AtlantaDM
Soldier
Soldier

revelation response

Post by AtlantaDM »

Elezar: "Worry not mate, more often than not a ship sails under one pretense and the crew finds out the true destination once the sun rises on the second day out of port. Can't have every nere do well knowing what treasure we are sailing for can we. Besides, you can't fear what you don't know. Who are these cave dwelling child killers?"
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: revelation response

Post by shai-hulud »

Elezar wrote:Who are these cave dwelling child killers?"
"The Prelate who is holding Amon is Viridian. A Prelate is one of the highest ranks in the Natchai church.

"I know little of the results of his ritual, other than it grants both arcane and divine power. The ritual sacrifice is performed monthly. Do you have any specific questions about the Natchai or this Prelate?"

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias responds: "What manner o' men will these Natchai likely be: tradesmen or ruffians, zealous acolytes or trained warriors? Have y' any idea how many there could be, and how armed? And what name does this Prelate own, and what sort o' reputation has he?"
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

CGM3 wrote:Esias responds: "What manner o' men will these Natchai likely be: tradesmen or ruffians, zealous acolytes or trained warriors? Have y' any idea how many there could be, and how armed? And what name does this Prelate own, and what sort o' reputation has he?"
Oldin's eyes narrow and he looks down to his book that he always carries as he replies, "The Natchai are vile, disgusting heathens worshipping a demon lord disguised as a god." Something in a dark, gutteral language which brings to mind images of dread. Oldin looks up and says, "I apologize. Seker is not fond of this... religion, so I get rather worked up when discussing it. Their followers tend toward the divine and arcane arts. They worship secret mystical power and will stop at nothing to achieve it.

"The Prelate is named Phatem Rablil. All that I know of the man is that Jiam's brotherhood has armed us with a method to sever him from his power should we encounter him. Based on the power of the item Jiam was given, I can only assume that without it, we would not stand a chance against the man. For all I know, we will still be defeated with it. As much as I would like to purify the man, it may be best to avoid direct confrontation.

"He may have followers with him, but the magics used to find Amon saw only him.

"Finally, he may even know that he was discovered and is prepared for our attempt to rescue Amon."

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

As we camp:

Curiousity abounds from the half-elf, "What is this method, Oldin?" and grabs some stew in a bowl and approaches Leenah, "May I have a sit with you?" and hands the bowl to her.

He places his bags near him and pulls an ornate bottle from one of them, as he pulls a couple of ornate glasses. When he opens the bottle, it fills the air with a sweet fruit and flowery bloom aroma that tingles your senses, as he pours it into the two glasses. He says, "Courtesy of home." as he sips a little.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

valinor wrote:As we camp:

Curiousity abounds from the half-elf, "What is this method, Oldin?" and grabs some stew in a bowl and approaches Leenah, "May I have a sit with you?" and hands the bowl to her.

He places his bags near him and pulls an ornate bottle from one of them, as he pulls a couple of ornate glasses. When he opens the bottle, it fills the air with a sweet fruit and flowery bloom aroma that tingles your senses, as he pours it into the two glasses. He says, "Courtesy of home." as he sips a little.
Chuckles softly as Aeless settles near her, taking the bowl she smiles and nods, "But of course." She watches as he pulls out the glasses and bottle, pouring the fluid into the glasses. Accepting one she smiels and sips, "Tis quite lovely. Thank you."
Lifting her glass she holds it up to him and smiles, "To interesting adventures." She toasts softly.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

valinor wrote:"What is this method, Oldin?"
"Jiam, do you feel there is any more explanation? As your brotherhood provided this means, you would know the most about it."

CarnageCJB
Templar
Templar

Post by CarnageCJB »

Jiam sits on the ground, crosses his legs, and begins to think... "To be perfectly honest, I know little about the sphere, save its purpose and how to use it. My brothers instructed me on the manner in which it may be used to further our cause, and I have no reason to question that. It is a small item that may be used to disrupt the power of the darkness for a time. It is not permanent, but it may be enough to enable us to succeed upon our quest. More than that I did not need to know." Jiam shrugs at the last sentence and stands up. He opens a pocket on his belt and takes out a sack. He rummages around in it for a moment, and produces several tankards. "Would anyone care for some ale? Perhaps some wine? I find myself parched from the travel, and am more than willing to share what I have..." He looks around, checking to see if anyone else is thirsty.
Everybody loves ninjas!
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Vulan sighs at the monk, instead eating the stew and taking a lit piece of timber from the fire to a spot off to the side about 50 feet, and begins his regimen before bed.
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"A sphere? Sounds more like the magical arts than you lead on, Jiam?" asks Aeless and eats a potato from the stew.

Return to “Perearth: Archives”