Poll: What to do with missing posters?

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

If, as happened today, someone does not post in time for a validation, how should I handle it?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:17 pm

Delay validation until everyone posts
No votes
Act for them
33%
Have their character do nothing
67%

Total votes: 9

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Poll: What to do with missing posters?

Post by patransom »

The point of this question is for handling situations where it only happens occasionally. If it happens repeatedly, I will certainly offer your spot in the campaign to someone who's interested ...

Also, if you know you're going to miss a validation, please let me know in advance.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
CarnageCJB
Templar
Templar

Post by CarnageCJB »

I voted "Act for them", but I'm honestly not certain if that is the best solution or not. I'm certainly guilty of having missed the last two validations (Fridays by a matter of moments, apparently), but there was only one set of actions posted for this afternoon's validation. I haven't had a chance to post anything at all lately (and to be perfectly honest, I forgot that validation was today until I got home a little while ago). But that still means that three other party members were standing there in complete shock while the werewolves and the villagers and the caster got a round to pummel us all. :( Not the most thrilling way for an adventure to go. :cry: Having you make the decisions for four out of the five party members present (and conscious) doesn't quite seem "fair" (either to you, as the GM, or to the players (both those that actually post actions, and those that for one reason or another do not post actions)), but withholding the validation doesn't strike me as entirely pleasant either (and I am sure that those that have more free time than I are less than pleased with the idea of having to wait even longer between encounters).

In short, I'm not sure what the best solution is. You're the DM (and the moderator of this particular little corner of the board ;) ), so whatever you decide is pretty much how it will go, I suppose...

For now though, I'm off to bed. I have a very early day tomorrow. And I am so not looking forward to it. :x

-J
Everybody loves ninjas!
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

lol, Carnage, I find it humorous that you posted the reason why you didn't post an action, yet still did not post an action :) (no offense intended, just ironic).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

I vote to have their character do nothing, as from this point on, as I was waiting to see if my action might change depending on others, I won't wait do so any longer, and will just post as soon as validation occurs. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Speaking as an evil character - I mean a DM from another board - ahem... I have to say if they're not going to post - let them stand frozen in fear and indecision - those werewolves and guards are strong and fearsome and if people are quick thinking enough to decide what to do in a timly manner - then their characters clearly are too muddled to do anything either.

(Naturally if someone misses once, give them the benefit of the doubt - but only ONCE!)
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: Poll: What to do with missing posters?

Post by shai-hulud »

Ruined my back. I'll be up and about by the end of the week. Got a lot of catch up to do at school.

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

shai-hulud wrote:Ruined my back. I'll be up and about by the end of the week. Got a lot of catch up to do at school.
Get better. Your roleplay thread is not all that time sensitive, anyway.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

I apologize for my long absence. I am on spring break, so I will be back for at least a week. After that, I will have to see what school and work throw at me :(

Return to “Perearth: Archives”