Hey, the gang's all here! (Except for those who quit)

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:46 pm

Elezar attempts to feint against w3 and then attack with his rapier

Bluff check: +6
Attack: +8
Damage: 1d6+3 (+1d6 for sneak attack if feint is successful)


Jermain will pull out a what appears to be a small wooden archery target and starts casting another spell.

Truestrike: gain +20 to next attack

whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:45 pm
Location: Ocean Springs, MS

Post by whtknt » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:17 pm

Realizing that her spear is having no effect, Ruadhnait tosses it to one side and grapples the werewolf, screaming, "You will not have him!" Her intent is to get a grip on its throat and strangle it (whether or not it works out that way, we will see).
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:55 pm

Aeless will sneak away to P-9 while in the mist, trying to catch them by surprise then.

OOC: Move Silently and Hide at 7

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:54 am

Vulan, grimaces as he takes the blows, but with a renewed strength, swings the sword once more down upon the creature letting loose a gutteral vocalization of the strength he puts behind the swing.

Power Attack for full again.
Image

User avatar
CarnageCJB
Templar
Templar
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:43 pm
Location: Lexington, KY, USA
Contact:

Post by CarnageCJB » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:59 am

Using Flurry of Blows, Stunning fist to both W5 and W2.
Everybody loves ninjas!

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:57 pm

Validation comes early today, since I happen to be online and everyone posted!

Jiam snaps his fist between w2 and w5, bouncing it off each of their heads and injuring them.

Elezar makes an awkward lunge with his rapier, which w3 dodges easily. The dodge puts w3 off-balance, however, and Elezar's real attack does not miss. W3 is skewered and falls bloody in the snow.

Oldin waves his wand again and Vulan is healed. [healed 9 hp]

Vulan grimaces and strikes that #2 with a gurgling grunt. His swing misses wide.

Leenah, however, does not miss. Her short sword pierces the creature right where you would expect it's kidney to be and it whines, falling to the snow. [Sneak attack did just enough damage to bring it down]

Jermain pulls some small wooden object from his pouch and begins casting a spell.

Aeless ducks noiselessly back into the mist, away from his attackers. [We'll see whether they find you :)]

Esias moves forward and, having seen w3 fall, looses his arrow at w4, who is rolling around on the ground. His shot flies wide.

Ruadhnait looked ready to leap at the werewolf when it fell … [I'll allow Ruadhnait an extra round at the start of the next, since her action lost a target.]

Brand swings again at #3, but misses completely.

#3 growls as it strikes back at Brand. One claw actually makes it past the knight's shield this time. [7 hp]

w1 and w6 move into the mist in the direction they saw Aeless go, but after a few steps they seem confused, unable to spot the half-elf hidden in a crouch right in front of them!

w4 remains lying on the ground, grasping his sides in laughter.

w5 strikes back at Jiam, missing, while w2 stands still, as if dazed by the blow Jiam issued.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by patransom on Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:02 pm

patransom wrote:w4 attacks Elezar ineffectively.
If Jermains spell (T's Hideous Laughter) was successful last round (which I assumed it was because he started laughing), then w4 should be unable to complete actions for 5 rounds. Just clarifying if he succumbed to the spell or not to determine what their next actions will be.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:04 pm

Blast! I forgot to write that down. Post about to be edited.

Too many creatures in this bloody combat, which was not the original intent ...
Image

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:14 pm

The half-elf shall move as quietly down(P-10) a little to the side of one of the warriors (w1). Aeless attacks with his Large Greatsword trying to surprise them.

OOC: Aiming to try and splash his friend(w6) with gore.

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:28 pm

Move to R8 listening as she tries to determine where those nearest her are and whether they are friend or foe. Moving quietly once she is in the mist.

Listen: +5
Spot: +1
Seach: +10
Move Silently: +9
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:37 pm

Elezar will slash at the prone w4 with his rapier

Attack: +8
Damage: 1d6+3


Jermain pulls a small dart from his pouch along with some powder and casts another spell, looking towards Brand and #3

Ranged Touch Attack: +23 (3+20 for casting true strike the previous round)
Melfs Acid Arrow: 2d4 acid damage for 2 rounds

User avatar
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by Galaphile » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:47 pm

Brand grunts as the werewolf's claw makes contact. Undaunted he continues the attack. Swinging his longsword with all his strength.

OOC:
Continue Shield Block on #3 (+1 to AC).
+1 Longsword (Atk: +4, Dmg: 1d8+9, 19-20/x2)
*includes Knight's Challenge & Power Attack +5

C'mon dice, show me some love...
Image R.I.P. Brand

whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:45 pm
Location: Ocean Springs, MS

Post by whtknt » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:00 pm

Ruadhnait snatches up her spear and runs screaming into the battle going on near the entrance (the one involving Aeless). As she runs, she shouts curses at the werewolves.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3132
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Post by CGM3 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:31 pm

OOC: Actually, I believe there's only one werewolf left, the one Brand's facing; the "w"s are ordinary mooks, aren't they?

Changing tactics, Esias moves to W26, drawing his shortsword en route (with a BAB of +3, he can do that while moving as a free action, as per the Normal description under the Quick Draw feat, PHB pg 98 ) and takes a stab at w4, who gets an Attack of Opportunity (vs AC 18 with the skirmish bonus) but is flanked.

Shortsword: +8 to hit (including the +2 flanking bonus), 1d6+2+2d6 damage if I hit.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:41 pm

CGM3 wrote:OOC: Actually, I believe there's only one werewolf left, the one Brand's facing; the "w"s are ordinary mooks, aren't they?

Changing tactics, Esias moves to W26, drawing his shortsword en route (with a BAB of +3, he can do that while moving as a free action, as per the Normal description under the Quick Draw feat, PHB pg 98 ) and takes a stab at w4, who gets an Attack of Opportunity (vs AC 18 with the skirmish bonus) but is flanked.
No AoO from w4, he is prone on the grounding laughing his a$$ off because of Jermain's choice in projectile weapons.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5771
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:56 pm

Oldin follows the warrior woman and calls, "Slow down for a moment so that Seker may tend your wounds." If Oldin can catch her before she rushes into battle, he will touch the woman and beseech, "Seker, may your light bind these wounds." If he cannot reach her this round, but she slows down, he will still cast the spell as soon as he does reach her. Either after he casts the spell or if she ignores him, he will return his attention to healing Vulan with the wand.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
CarnageCJB
Templar
Templar
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:43 pm
Location: Lexington, KY, USA
Contact:

Post by CarnageCJB » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:03 am

Continue to use Flurry of Blows on the two by me, using the Improvised Weapons this time. (Gotta love the extra damage. :wink: )
Everybody loves ninjas!

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:42 am

Vulan, takes a short breath, and begins sprinting over towards brand.
<Double move to U37? Purpose is to provide a flanking bonus.>
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5833
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Post by patransom » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:25 pm

Jiam swings his staff in an awkward circle above his head, as if he doesn't know how to use it. This action is suprisingly effective as the end of his staff smacks both warriors in the head, hard enough that they fall down dead.

Elezar stabs the laughing w4, who laughs even more at the blood spurting out of him.

Oldin manages to cast a spell before Ruadhnait sprints off and the fire from his hands heals her. [healed 10 hp]

Vulan moves with incredible speed to behind the last remaining werewolf, who ignores him, all attention concentrated on Brand.

Leenah moves quietly into the mist. Once there, she can hear the sounds of combat just to the west of her.

Jermain casts a spell and a glowing, dripping green arrow springs from his hand. The arrow strikes #3 in the back and it howls.

Aeless steps quickly sideways and swings his gigantic sword at w1, but misses.

Esias moves easily around the laughing man and stabs at him with his short sword, but the man's convulsions do not make him an easy target and Esias doesn't make contact.

Ruadhnait shouts some things in a language none of you understand, but they don't sound pleasant. She sprints into the mist, eventually coming across several figures locked in battle.

Brand smacks the last remaining werewolf with his longsword. The blow is hard enough that the creature whimpers a bit before striking back.

The werewolf's claws and teeth are unable to penetrate Brand's heavy armor.

w1 and w6 continue attacking Aeless, but have no success at all.

Ooooh, I predict an end to this epic battle soon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Post by klakxor » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:50 pm

Elezar will slash again at the prone w4 with his rapier

Attack: +8
Damage: 1d6+3


Jermain will move to x25 and take a swing at w4 with his quarterstaff.

Attack: +4
Damage: 1d6+1
Last edited by klakxor on Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Icefire
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:43 pm
Location: Santa Clara, California
Contact:

Post by Icefire » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:11 pm

Creeps silently to Q8 and smiles as she hits w6 with both sword and dagger.

Move silently: +9

Short sword:
Attack: +8 (with the +2 for flanking) 19-20/x2
Damage: 1d6+2 + 3d6 sneak attack

Dagger:
Attack: +7 (with the flanking) 19-20/x2
Damage: 1d4
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat

User avatar
CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9
Posts: 3132
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:20 am
Location: Atlanta, GA (USA)

Post by CGM3 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:17 pm

"Hold still, y' gigglin' loon!" Esias snarls as he makes another stab at w4.

Shortsword: +6 to hit (plus +2 if a flanking bonus applies, plus any adjustment for target being prone), 1d6+2 damage if I hit (no skirmish bonus).
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:45 pm
Location: Ocean Springs, MS

Post by whtknt » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:25 pm

Ruadhnait stabs at w1 with her spear, shouting epithets about his ancestry in her native tongue.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36

User avatar
valinor
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 909
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Post by valinor » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:54 pm

Hearing Ruadnahait's battle-born voice Aeless silently tries to dispatch the warrior(w6) who stepped up in front of him.

User avatar
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by Galaphile » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:25 pm

Sensing that the Werewolf is weakening, Brand attacks with all his might.

OOC:
Continue Shield Block on #3 (+1 to AC).
+1 Longsword (Atk: +4, Dmg: 1d8+9, 19-20/x2)
*includes Knight's Challenge & Power Attack +5
*Knight cannot take Flanking Bonus
Image R.I.P. Brand

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5771
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:36 pm

Oldin performs a double move directly behind Vulan and begins to release another charge of its power (to be concluded next round).
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
TheGreenLabrador
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:14 pm
Location: Denton, Texas
Contact:

Post by TheGreenLabrador » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:15 am

Vulan also attacks with full force.

I can use flanking. :-) Power attack for full.
Image

User avatar
CarnageCJB
Templar
Templar
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:43 pm
Location: Lexington, KY, USA
Contact:

Post by CarnageCJB » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:28 am

[edit]I just remembered I can't do a flurry after moving more than 5ft[/edit]

Move to N8, and swing my staff like a big ol' club at w1...

OOC: (I never really thought about how much of a pain this spell was...)
Everybody loves ninjas!

Post Reply

Return to “Perearth: Archives”