Hey, the gang's all here! (Except for those who quit)

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Hey, the gang's all here! (Except for those who quit)

Post by patransom »

Sorry for the delayed validation, end of contract year at work ...

When Vulan yells out, Jiam looks up, glancing quickly towards the door. He rapidly moves in that direction, hoping to put a stop to any warning that may be issued. He dissapears into the circle of mist. [The rest of you can't see this, but I'm putting it on the map anyway and posting it here for simplicity] Heading towards the door, Jiam nearly runs smack into a humanoid figure. From the size and shape, he suspects it might be the small man who disappeared before. [you needed a double move to get there, so you don't get to execute your grapple]

Oldin nods to Aeless and steps toward Esias. Oldin makes another solemn plea to Seker, and once more, the golden flame appears. These flames are not as bright, but are effective. Esias' wounds close and he begins to rise to his feet.

Vulan swings his greatsword again deftly and powerfully. He hits his new foe solidly in the chest and the creature howls. [Another near crit, not confirmed, but how well can one Tharbrian roll?]

Leenah steps back from her attacker, and uses the wand on Esias. Esias is healed further, even as he is in the process of standing. [Esias is now at a total of 18 hp, up from -8 previously]

Aeless, who had delayed until Leenah moved out of the way, charges at the warrior. He barely hits his opponent, a glancing blow, but it draws a great deal of blood.

Esias picks up his shortbow and finishes rising to his feet.

Ruadhnait stabs her spear at #3 again, shouting something in her native tongue. She misses.

It is at this moment that you hear a mighty shout from behind you. "Come weaklings and face a true knight!" The voice is Brand, who has appeared in the dimmest light of the torch carried by warrior 4.

Creature #2 seems to ignore Brand and strikes back at Vulan. Vulan's defensive manuvering seems to have failed him, as this time the creature hits with both claws. [13 hp]

It must be something in Brand's tone, because you doubt the beast speaks his language, but creature #3 immediately withdraws from Ruadhnait and sprints in Brand's direction.

You hear a shout in Tharbrian from the mist near the doorway. Jiam feels the faintest breeze near his head, as if some weapon has narrowly missed him. He also gets the sense that the figure near him has moved, retreating into the hillside, although he remains near...

Warrior 1 withdraws from Aeless, nearly running into Jiam in the mist.
Most of the other warriors follow suit and Jiam now feels himself surrounded with armed figures!

Warriors 3 and 4, however, stand ground and continue to hack at Elezar. One of them hits with his greataxe. [7 hp]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin moves to V16 through T16. "Vulan, I am here to bind your wounds."

Oldin's hand finds its way to the embossed sun on the cover of his dark green tome. He looks spent from the expenditure of such powerful magic, but he makes another plea to Seker. This time, his plea is a single Draconic word. "Heal". (Cure Light Wounds), as he touches Vulan with his free hand.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Orienting on the nearest visible foe, Esias moves to T12 and lets fly with a silver arrow at #2. (+3 to hit, taking into account the +1 from Point Blank Shot and the -4 for shooting into melee without hitting an ally; damage will be (1d6-1)+4+2d6 if it hits).

OOC: Ruadhnait stabs at #3? Wow, talk about a reach weapon! :mrgreen:
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

CGM3 wrote:OOC: Ruadhnait stabs at #3? Wow, talk about a reach weapon! :mrgreen:
Don't be silly! She stabbed at him before he went off after Brand
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Vulan, seeing that some of the group moves to intercept the man, relaxes a bit, turning his full attention back to the werewolf as oldin runs over to him.

Vulan, taking care to ensure that Oldin has time to cast, begins parrying the creature, rather than attempting any assault.

Combat Expertise, -5 to BAB, +5 to AC.
Make a single attack at the creature.
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Draw one of the spare daggers as she moves to W13. If possible a single attack against 2.

Attack: +10 (with flanking bonus)
Damage: 1d6+2 +3d6 (sneak attack)
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

OOC:
Woohoo, finally here!

Declare Shield Block on #3 (+1 to AC).

IC:
Brand, readies his Shield and draws his Longsword. Moves 20 feet forward. "Alas, a worthy foe approaches. Come face your better, you mangy dog!" (Knight's Challenge: Fighting Challenge (+1 Will, +1 Atk, +1 Dmg)

OOC:
Longsword (Atk: +9, Dmg: 1d8+4) *includes Knight's Challenge
Image R.I.P. Brand
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

OOC: Tried to charge, but the mist obscures all movement and combat effectiveness. So, I'll move and attack warrior #7 with my Large Greatsword.

Aeless moves into the mist to try and help Jiam, as Aeless attacks one of the warriors. (P-6)
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

OOC: Does Ruadhnait get an attack of opportunity when her foe turns and runs?

As her opponent turns and charges the approaching knight, Ruadhnait growls something unintelligible and looks about for a new opponent. Her eyes settle on Vulan and she moves to aid him against creature #2.

"None will say Ruadhnait let an ally stand alone, even a Tharbrian!"

Bleeding from several claw wounds, the warrior-woman nonetheless charges boldly into the fray.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
CarnageCJB
Templar
Templar

Post by CarnageCJB »

Jiam looks up and around himself at the whisper of the air, grinning excitedly at the prospect of an all-out brawl in a nice confined space. "I haven't had a brawl like this since my days at 'The Drunken Clam'. There may be a bit fewer barstools here for me to beat you gentlemen with than I would like, but I assure you, I'll do what I can to see that you each get a beating of some type."

Five foot step to M3, then Flurry of Blows against the caster M. First strike, I shall use the Stunning Fist (Unarmed Strike +2, 1d8+1, DC 15 (Fort)). After that, I am going to use the second attack in the Flurry for a Grapple attempt (+4 (unless it takes the -2 from flurry attacks as well, making it +2)), moving into his square (N3) if I succeed.
Everybody loves ninjas!
valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

OOC: I kinda picture Ruadnahait, as Grace Jones' character in Conan the Destroyer... :D
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

You hear a voice from the mist, "I haven't had a brawl like this since my days at 'The Drunken Clam'. There may be a bit fewer barstools here for me to beat you gentlemen with than I would like, but I assure you, I'll do what I can to see that you each get a beating of some type." Jiam attempts to punch the small man, then grab him, but fails in both efforts. As Jiam lunges to grab him, the man manages to bounce his heavy pick off Jiam's shoulder. [2 hp] Likewise, w5 has an opportunity to swing his axe at Jiam, but cannot hit the bobbing and weaving monk.

Oldin moves behind Vulan, saying "Vulan, I am here to bind your wounds." He speaks a single word in some odd language and touches Vulan with his free hand. [Vulan is healed 9 hp]

Vulan takes a rather defensive swing at the creature in front of him, but fails to hit it. [What? No critical threat? So much for my dice liking Vulan]

Leenah draws a dagger as she moves behind the creature. She stabs it in the back with her short sword. Although her blow strikes precisely where the creature's kidney should be, it seems to do nothing and the creature doesn't even seem to notice. [Sorry, that was an awful damage roll]

Aeless rushes into the mist in the direction of Jiam's voice. He soon runs into an opponent blocking his path and cuts the warrior down with his greatsword. [#7 is dead! Nice damage roll, Aeless]

Esias moves nimbly across the snowy ground, firing an arrow as he goes. The creature howls as the silver arrowhead pierces its side.

Ruadhnait shouts, "None will say Ruadhnait let an ally stand alone, even a Tharbrian!" as she moves to stand beside Vulan. Her spear strikes the creature firmly, but appears to do nothing. [No AoO against your original opponent because he withdrew]

"Come face your better, you mangy dog!" Brand moves forward and stands his ground, awaiting the creature with his longsword.

#2 steps in Esias' direction, but continues attacking Vulan. In spite of Vulan's parrying, one of the creature's claws slashes him across the arm. [5 hp]

#3 seems enraged by Brand's taunts and charges the knight. Brand swipes at it as it approaches, but does not make contact. The creature's claw glances harmlessly off Brand's shield.

The small man shouts something in Tharbrian, then chants in a foul tongue. The spell complete, he moves heedlessly away from Jiam. Jiam tries to strike him as he goes, but stops mid-blow, as some compulsion prevents him from completing his attack. [No AoO when he cast because he did so defensively, and you saw the result of your attempted AoO when he moved away] Jiam, now outside the mist, can see that the space behind the door is a dark corridor, decending steeply into the hillside.

Several of the warriors move to engage Jiam. With their vision obscured by the mist, however, none of them hit him.

Only one of the warriors stands to fight Aeless. He jabs the half-elf with his spear. [7 hp]

The two warriors engaging Elezar have no success in striking him. And finally, as if shaking off cobwebs, Elezar strikes back. He stabs one of his opponents with his rapier, wounding the man badly.

Jermain, likewise, finally acts. He steps away from his foes and casts a spell. Three shimmering arrows fly from his hand and strike werewolf #2. The werewolf howls as the arcane projectiles pierce its fur.

[It's just silly for Jermain and Elezar to be standing there doing nothing, so I'm acting for them for the time being. Also, the next validation will be Tuesday, as I'll be out of town Friday.]
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Five foot step to V17 to maintain flanking position, single against 2.

Attack: (short sword) +8 19-20/x2
Damage: (short sword) 1d6+2 + 3d6(sneak attack)
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand, grins as he engages the werewolf, attacking with his Longsword.

OOC:
Continue Shield Block on #3 (+1 to AC).
+1 Longsword (Atk: +9, Dmg: 1d8+4, 19-20/x2) *includes Knight's Challenge

If Brand hear's Oldin's instructions before his turn, will use Power Attack +5 to try and beat the DR. Not sure how you manage Initiative.
Last edited by Galaphile on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image R.I.P. Brand
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias continues on to X16, then turns and lets fly another silvered arrow at #2. (Again, +3 to hit, taking into account the +1 from Point Blank Shot and the -4 for shooting into melee without hitting an ally; damage will be (1d6-1)+4+2d6 if it hits). AC is now 18 (+1 from skirmish ability) if the werewolf moves to attack (which should generate a flurry of Attacks-of-Opportunity :mrgreen: )
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin, wand already in hand, mentally calls forth Seker's aid in activating the stored energy. As Vulan is parrying the attacks, he finds an opportune moment to touch the end of the wand to the large warrior.

Oldin then calls out to Brand, "These creatures are werewolves. They are more easily defeated by silvered weapons, if you have any."

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless steps up closer (O-9) seeing that he has two warriors blocking his way towards the monk says, "I'll be right there Jiam. It is just a pickle here at the moment." and swings at the warrior (w6) that became visible.

OOC: Ouch, ouch... down to 6 hp, I meant to say ouch.. :p

If Jiam doesn't move warrior (w6) is flanked. I hope he eats this swing.. :)

Att +4 +flank bonus, Dmg 3d6+1, +1d6 Sneak Attack
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

patransom wrote:The two warriors engaging Elezar have no success in striking him. And finally, as if shaking off cobwebs, Elezar strikes back. He stabs one of his opponents with his rapier, wounding the man badly.

Jermain, likewise, finally acts. He steps away from his foes and casts a spell. Three shimmering arrows fly from his hand and strike werewolf #2. The werewolf howls as the arcane projectiles pierce its fur.

[It's just silly for Jermain and Elezar to be standing there doing nothing, so I'm acting for them for the time being. Also, the next validation will be Tuesday, as I'll be out of town Friday.]
OOC: I have offered to run Jermain and Elezar through this combat for patransom. Which warrior (3 or 4) did Elezar hit?

Elezar will continue to attack the warrior he already punished.

+8 to hit, 1d6+3 damage

Jermain will throw some tarts at the one flanking Elezar and wave a feather from his pouch in the air.

Sounds silly, doesn't it.
Tasha's Hideous Laghter, Will Save DC 15 negates, Loss of action for duration
**See rules post for duration question
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

OOC: Why is Jermain carrying prostitutes around with him? Why is he throwing them at warriors? How is he throwing them at warriors?

Sorry for the interruption. For those that didn't know, in addition to being a small pie, tart is slang for a prostitute :D

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

shai-hulud wrote:OOC: Why is Jermain carrying prostitutes around with him? Why is he throwing them at warriors? How is he throwing them at warriors?

Sorry for the interruption. For those that didn't know, in addition to being a small pie, tart is slang for a prostitute :D
OOC: I knew what it means, but the visual gives it so much more.....
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

OOC: Suddenly has this image of Dumbledore picking up the 6'2" prostitutes I've seen in San Francisco...
So of course I have to share that image with everyone else.
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Ruadhnait does not relent in attacking her new target.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

klakxor wrote:Jermain will throw some tarts at the one flanking Elezar
OOC: A brilliant tactical diversion! Stick a dart in a guy, and the odds are he'll come charging at you to deal out some payback with a sharp blade. Toss a curvy wench-of-easy-virtue into his arms, and he just might decide to take advantage of his good fortune with an impromptu furlough. :twisted:
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Vulan, having taken a small amount of healing, renews his attacks in an attempt to finish the werewolf off.
Power attack for full!
CarnageCJB
Templar
Templar

Post by CarnageCJB »

OOC:
Almost forgot to post. :P

IC:
Charge attack on M, using Stunning fist. (I'd use my flurry if I could, just so I could grapple him too. :P)
Everybody loves ninjas!
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Jiam appears confused by his inability to strike at the small man, but charges after him. As he does so, w5, w6, and w2 swing at him. None of them hit. Arriving at the small man's location, Jiam finds himself strangely unable to complete his attack.

Elezar takes another stab at w3, but misses.

Oldin touches his wand to Vulan's back [Healed 5 hp]. He then calls out to Brand, "These creatures are werewolves. They are more easily defeated by silvered weapons, if you have any."

Vulan takes a mighty swing at #2. This time his greatsword spatters blood across the snow as it cuts into the creature's midsection. [Back to crits with every swing, apparently, but not quite enough to finish the werewolf.]

Leenah moves behind the creature, stabbing it in the back with her short sword. The creature howls with pain. It is still standing, but just barely.

Jermain throws some tarts at w4 and waves a feather from his pouch in the air. The warrior stares at this strange act, then collapses on the ground, laughing hysterically.

Aeless steps further into the mist and strikes at the warrior he finds there, but cannot hit his target. [That miss chance is a pain, eh?]

Esias continues moving and firing. His arrow misses.

Ruadhnait stabs #2 with her spear. Again, although she hits, the attack seems to do nothing.

Brand grins as he engages the werewolf, attacking with his Longsword. Having heard Oldin's warning, he swings with all his strength and hits, but the creature appears uninjured.

#3 strikes back at Brand, but cannot penetrate his defenses.

Extremely wounded werewolf #2 goes after Vulan again. It hits with both claws [10 hp and Vulan again appears near to collapse]

Jiam sees the small man start to run off down the corridor. Jiam remains unable to overcome whatever compulsion is stopping him and all he can do is watch as the man disappears into the darkness.

w1 and w6 strike at Aeless. Both of them miss, unable to find the half-elf in the mist. [Miss chance saves YOU there, so I guess it's not so bad]

w5 and w2 follow Jiam and attack. One of them hits with his greataxe [5 hp]

w3 attacks Elezar, and misses.
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand presses the attack on the werewolf.

OOC:
Continue Shield Block on #3 (+1 to AC).
+1 Longsword (Atk: +4, Dmg: 1d8+9, 19-20/x2)
*includes Knight's Challenge & Power Attack +5
Image R.I.P. Brand
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Attack 2 again single attack. If 2 falls before she gets an attack she will move into the mist to R9.

Attack: (short sword) +8 19-20/x2
Damage: (short sword) 1d6+2 + 3d6(sneak attack)
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Seeing that the werewolf is apparently on its last legs, Esias changes course and moves to X20, loosing an ordinary arrow at w3. (again, +3 to hit, taking into account the +1 from Point Blank Shot and the -4 for shooting into melee without hitting an ally; damage will be 1d6+4+2d6 if it hits, and AC if attacked is 18.)
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin waves his wand again and heals Vulan as best he can, saving the rest of his spells for what is yet to come.

Return to “Perearth: Archives”