Welcome to the Brave New World

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless steps forward 5 feet (1315) and continues to fire his arrows. He states, "I hope that is fixing to break, Leenah."
CarnageCJB
Templar
Templar

Post by CarnageCJB »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Man, let a fellow catch pneumonia for a bit, and he just misses out on all the fun. :?

Jiam coughs weakly once or twice and sits up, glancing around with a slightly confused look on his face. Quickly seeing several of his allies in need of aid, he staggers to his feet and rushes forward. Stand, and move to 1419. (Unless there is some magical way to charge without standing up first. Then I'll do that. :wink: )
Everybody loves ninjas!
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Aeless steps forward and begins firing again. His very first arrow strikes the arm holding Leenah, just a glancing blow, but suddenly there are sparks and a loud groaning comes from the machine. It stops moving, the siren stops, and the arms all slump to the ground. The lights atop it are still on and red, but now they flicker on and off, giving the cavern a strobe-like effect.

Thanis, seeing the immediate threat over, relaxes.

Esias draws his shortsword and moves to the what-is-it for a closer look.

Vulan retreives his sword and returns to his position near Oldin.

Jiam gets up and moves forward to survey the situation.

Leenah easily extricates herself from the unmoving scoop arm.

Oldin examines the scroll in his hand, but decides not to read it at this time.

Brand pulls himself from the hatch, nodding to Ruadhnait.

Ruadhnait peers into the compartment vacated by Brand, observing that there are many large, sharp-toothed gears protruding into it.

Shareev climbs to the top of the what-is-it, examining it closely. [Knowledge checks PMed to you]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"Thanis, ee aym kueenk thau sthayrth thau theeh ith ayforth. Three thau thalh thau di mayn weed thau poy."

Shareev takes out a small toolkit, full of strange utensils and starts carefully dismantling.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Cautiously keeping an eye on the what-is-it, Oldin returns the scroll to his pack, then kneels down to give Amon a hug. "My boy, I was worried sick about you! You know better than to get captured by a psychopath intent on draining your blood!" Oldin's chiding is sarchastic, but Amon would be well used to that. "My goodness you are ugly! Were you this ugly before he kidnapped you?"
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

"Thank you all, I don't think I would have lasted much longer in there." He then, steps down off the machine and walks to 1520, as he walks he fishes a cure light wounds potion out of his pack.
Image R.I.P. Brand
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Seeing Brand exit the machine and Leenah safe, Oldin calms poor Amon. He then makes his way over to the edge of the What-Is-It's reach, says, "Brand, will you be alright? I would like to introduce us to these men with the strange speech. I believe the one atop this... I'm not certain what this is, perhaps some sort of magical construction. I believe he referred to the one with the boy, which would be me."

To Shareev, "Greetings stranger. Are you able to understand me?"

whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Galaphile wrote:"Thank you all, I don't think I would have lasted much longer in there." He then, steps down off the machine and walks to 1520, as he walks he fishes a cure light wounds potion out of his pack.
Rúadhnait acknowledges Brand's thanks with a simple nod, her attention focused on the hatch. She carefully extends her arm down inside and winces as she pricks her finger on a sharp outcropping. Sliding off the construct's back, she rejoins the group at 1316.

"What manner of beast is that?" she demands sharply of Oldin. "It has metal for guts!"
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev pulls something out of his bag, a small stick of some sort. Sticks one end in his mouth and uses another small stick to create fire and burn the other end.

He appears to be in deep concentration and seems to not be paying attention to anyone.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Recognizing that the man atop the metal beast is not paying attention, Oldin assumes that the man cannot understand him, so he turns to Rúadhnait, "I am not certain. It might be a creation of the dark magics possessed by the Prelate, although he mentioned something about not knowing where we are himself. Perhaps his magics animated the very metal within this cavern into the beast that tried to kill Brand, or perhaps another powerful caster brought it to life. Whomever the man atop it is, he seems intrigued by its workings. Perhaps once he has completed looking at it, he will be able to tell us more about it. Right now, I can only speculate."

Oldin turns to Thanis next, "Stranger, are you able to understand me?"

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

Aeless seems still at a ready with his bow and arrows, states "Shall we move out folks before something else comes forth and maybe devour us this time? I don't know those two but it seems their posing us no threats as of yet, so lets go and just watch out."
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah dusts herself off and looks around her. Moving away from the metal thing she tries to figure out if there is anything else different about where they are, something that may help to understand what has occured.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias turns his attention towards Thanis, keeping the arrow nocked in his bow but aimed towards the ground. "That fellow there seems t' carry some sort o' noisy magical staff, maybe a weapon," he remarks in a steady voice to the others. "Sage Oldin, it sounded t' me like you said something in their language; d'ye ken what they say?"
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

With his attention still on Thanis, Oldin says, "I can make out a bit of their language, so I did my best to fumble through a sentence, but I don't think I fared very well. It is very similar to our tongue, yet there are definitely distinct variances. I am not certain if it is a dialect or a completely different language. It will only be a matter of time before I figure it out, like an intricate puzzle, just waiting to be solved." Oldin's voice betrays his excitement at this prospect.

mechwarrior26
Horseman
Horseman

Post by mechwarrior26 »

Thanis nodds a little," Lauhs leeh ay bew ub dem cault bi Mauthand thau mi… " He stands from his position, holding the reeble in one hand as he walked towards the group that was around the boy. As he walked to 1517, he flipps open a small pack and pulls a small stick like Shreev's and another flame stick, lighting the stick. A small plume of sweet smelling smoke puffed off of it. He held the stick in his hand and breathed out a cloud of the smoke from his lungs as he walked over. His eyes were keenly watching all of them. Once he got to his stoping point, he exhailed another lung full of smoke and looked them all over," Ou, Yau bulhs tun’th lauh leeh yau’re brom ayraunt hir. Gow da gell tit yau keth in hire?" Thanis looked them over slowly as he took another puff of the smoking stick...
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

"Hrmm. Ay daynt ken gow da gell ee kayth in hire," Oldin fumbles, trying to find words that this man will understand.

Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

"Oldin, I am injured quite badly, if you can spare some healing, it would help a great deal," replies Brand.
Image R.I.P. Brand
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin turns to Brand, "Of course, my friend." He turns back to Thanis, "Ee muss gelp mee fraynth."

Oldin then pulls out the wand of healing and concentrates on calling forth the power of Seker.

mechwarrior26
Horseman
Horseman

Post by mechwarrior26 »

shai-hulud wrote:"Hrmm. Ay daynt ken gow da gell ee kayth in hire," Oldin fumbles, trying to find words that this man will understand.
Thanis's face turns to shock for a moment, the smoking stick stuck to the bottom lip of his slack jaw. He blinks a few times and then looks to Sheev," Guly crayp… dees one aylreaty thich uth de laynkuayk aylreaty… " He looked back to the man who had spoke to him,"Ayniyway, go tau yau noth huw go yay koth gire?" He waited for a moment as he watched him help his friend with a stick..... his eyebrow furreled in slight puzzelment.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev glances over at Thanis from this statement.

"Kaut, thell dem dis is or treasure. Wi gayv pin bulluwing ith bor a long theem. Meepay Tinker cayn gelf dem thaylh reeth."

He then goes back to the creature, slightly irratated at the interruption.

He says it under his breath, but loud enough to be heard, "Meepay dee cayn gelf carri payh some treasure"
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin does his best to translate for his companions, "I believe they are saying that this beast is their creature, or perhaps treasure actually means treasure. I am not certain yet. They say that maybe someone named Tinker can help us understand their language. Also, they want our help carrying the creature or treasure. This does appear to simply be a dialect of our own language, but some of the words are rather tricky."

Oldin continues using the wand to heal Brand.

mechwarrior26
Horseman
Horseman

Post by mechwarrior26 »

Thanis nodded again, grinning slightly, as Shreev went back to work on the contruct. He looked the guy over for a moment as well as the others that were with him," Sorri aypauth da throple wid dath dinh. Ith rekisthert yau as ee dreath ant athachet yau. Wi rially werth flaynning on thahing ith town teth. Og well, banhs bor fe gelp ee sofaus. Pud thau pi gonesth, Shreev ant ee keth saylvayk reeths bor ith. Wi’ve peen thrayhink ith bor tees nau." He chuckled a little, seeing how fluent this guy could be by now...
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin continues acting as translator in between uses of the wand.

"He says, 'Sorry about the trouble with that thing. It registered you as a threat and attacked you. We really werent planning on taking it down yet. Oh well, thanks for the help so far. But to be honest, Shreev and I have salvage rights for it. We've been tracking it for days now.'"

Return to “Perearth: Archives”