New friends?

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

New friends?

Post by patransom »

The immediate danger past, the party observes the strange behavior of the new arrivals.

Shareev, atop the what-is-it, sets to work with what appear to be tools, although you haven't seen the like before. He sets about digging into the guts of the construct and pulling out its metal innards. He examines each part as he removes it, tossing some aside while placing others carefully in a pile at the base of the hulk. After a while, he climbs down and sets to work on the arms, removing the ends and some of the elbows and adding them to his pile.

Thanis watches his friend work while setting fire to the small stick in his mouth. For those of you near to the smoke it creates, it smells like halfling pipeweed, although less strong and strangely sweeter. He makes some effort to speak with Oldin and, although the words are strange, it seems Oldin is getting some sense of his meaning.

Brand drinks his potion and Oldin pokes him five times with the wand, while trying to interpret Thanis and Shareev's speech for the rest of you. [Brand has been healed 38 hp]

Amon sticks his tongue out at Oldin's teasing and says, "I may be ugly, but I'm younger and smarter than you, old man. And I'll get smarter while you just get older." He stares at Shareev atop the construct for a moment and says, "The fleshy-headed one means that," he points to the tidy pile that Shareev has made, "when he says treasure. He and his friend have been stalking it for a while. He doesn't want us to steal it, but thinks we might help him carry it to his home." [Sunbolt may be playing Amon in the near future, but I felt a response to Oldin was absolutely needed here ... also, Amon said that before Thanis' last post and Oldin's translation, so he must really be smart, eh?]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin chuckles at Amon's riposte. "Touché, I am getting old. But I'm looking good doing it. Alright Mr. Smartypants, why don't you give me a hug and tell us what happened. Do you know what that man was doing to you? He claims to have removed a demon from you. Is that so, my boy? If it is, it might explain your wretched appearance." Oldin makes a face at the boy. "And are you feeling all right now? He seemed to have drained a lot of blood, and claims that he healed you. Are you feeling well?"

After a long hug, Oldin heads over to Leenah and uses the wand to restore her to health. If Amon says that he is still hurt, Oldin will instead heal Amon first, then Leenah, then anyone else who was injured.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah pulls out her wand of healing and heals herself for the damage caused by the construct,

Use Magic Device: +7
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev looks at the pile and then back at the remains.

"Weesh dere ways mur."

He then whistles very loudly. From the tunnel where Thanis and Shareev came down rolls a small box on wheels. It rolls over to where Shareev is standing. He opens a hatch on the top of the box and starts piling the pieces into it.

He looks over at Oldin and Amon, "Maypee yau cayn gelf garri de leks."

When he has as much in as he feels comfortable with it carrying, he pulls another smoke stick out of his bag. This time, he just pops it in his mouth and starts chewing.

"EE aym gunkri"

He looks at the group for a moment, as if deciding if he should follow through with whatever is going through his head.
TheGreenLabrador
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by TheGreenLabrador »

Vulan, looking at Oldin and the boy, says quietly,
"Are you positive we should aid them? We have Amon, I am sure we would be able to leave the way we came in. "
mechwarrior26
Horseman
Horseman

Post by mechwarrior26 »

Thanis turns to Shreev,"Ee’ve koth some rahthions wid mee ib yau wahnth dem."
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin says, "While you make a valid point, I have some concerns for our safety right now. The creatures that we battled earlier were cursed. That curse may have spread to any one of us. By my reckoning, we have about 12 or 13 days before we will know for certain, which is exactly how long it would take us to return. I would prefer that we get checked out as quickly as possible, but if you think that we can make it back before the curse can affect us, then I am all for returning. The sooner we get back, the sooner Amon will be safe."

valinor
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by valinor »

"Shall we stand down at the moment, it seems that what-it-is has quieted and our guests are speaking of another tounge." as the half-elf wanders closer to the bulk of the party.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin translates for the two, "This one says he is hungry," Oldin says indicating Shareev, "and the other offered him some rations he brough."

Suddenly, Oldin realized that he was quite hungry. He would need to have Tildon make him up something.... TILDON!!!

"If we do decide to aid these two gentlemen and return to their village, we must go back and get Tildon."

mechwarrior26
Horseman
Horseman

Post by mechwarrior26 »

Thanis sighed slightly stamping out the smoking stick on the ground before he turned around and walked over to Shreev, " Gau mucg tit wee keth auth ob ith?"

He waites until Shreev answered and nodded a little, looking at the hulk that still stood there. He grinned to shreev and whispered quietly," Wi coult gayf dem harri som on de wee pah ib wi’re thahink dem thau thown…" He chuckled a little...
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

“Leths sfit dis uf Thanis. Ith weell pe tayrh saun, aynt yau noow go EE geeth thrayvelink ayth neeth.”

Shareev walk up to Oldin and Amon, extending his hand to Oldin in a gesture of friendship.

“Nauthan is de cloosesth than aynt Tinker shault pe aple thau gelf yau thaylh. Gelf us weed or treasure aynt wi gayn theeg yau dere.”
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

"I'm fine. I feel great. Better than in ages, actually. I don't remember a whole lot. I was in the dark - outside, I thought I was having that dream again, and then I was on the floor and feeling strong and that thing was coming at me and the man was picking me up and pushing me towards you saying he wasn't sure if he could trust you. I'm not sure, but was that the Prelate?

"And what is that... thing?"
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

"That thing is some construct of magic. Too bad your father is not here. He might have known more about it. I will send a message to him letting him know that you are safe as soon as I have some time to read.

"So, tell me about this dream that you were having. What was happening in the dream?"

Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

shai-hulud wrote:"That thing is some construct of magic. Too bad your father is not here. He might have known more about it. I will send a message to him letting him know that you are safe as soon as I have some time to read.

"So, tell me about this dream that you were having. What was happening in the dream?"
"It's very hazy. But I had that dream a lot. I'd be asleep and then I'd go down stairs and out - through a door that isn't there, but was there in my dreams. I'd be alone in the darkness, but I wasn't alone. And then I'd see all of these animals, and I'd call them to me, and they'd come and... Can we talk about it - later?"
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin says, "Sure, my boy. You just take it easy now.

"Everyone, let's go out and find Tildon. Since the staircase is out, we should probably head out through this very convenient hole that the 'treasure' made. Hopefully, in addition to helping us speak the dialect here, the man we are being brought to see can help if any of us were cursed. After that, we get Amon back to his father as fast as we can.

"Does this sound agreeable to everyone? If so, let's grab some treasure for these gentlemen and be on our way!"

Oldin turns to the strangers and says, "Ee aym Oldin. Aynd yau?" as he grabs a leg of the metal beast.

Edit: Before taking the leg of the beast, Oldin shakes Shareev's extended hand... I missed that part.
Last edited by shai-hulud on Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

"If ev'rything went as planned, 'twouldn't be an adventure, now would it?" Esias observes as he slings his bow and steps forward to grab another leg of the what-is-it.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

OUT OF CHARACTER
Updated previous post

Return to “Perearth: Archives”