Alice's Restaurant

Archives for Brave New Perearth

Moderator: patransom

patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

The loud talk and drinking at the bar continues for while. Then a couple of the men begin looking around the room. The gaze of one of them settles on Leenah and he grabs one of his friends by the arm, pointing her out.

The two men approach your table and the one in the lead leans down, uncomfortably close, so that she can smell the liquor on his breath. He says, "Hey, you new in town, baby?" He seems about to put a hand on her shoulder when his friend, who has moved over behind Aeless, interrupts, "Hey Vic, I think we got a Newskin here!"

He pokes Aeless in the back of the head and says, "You a Newskin, Bub?"

[On the map, big blue A is Aeless, little blue a is Amon, and green A is Alice]
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin lifts his head and smiles widely for the thugs. "Rúadhnait, do you like how these men are talking to us? I don't like it at all. Would you be so kind as to discuss the matter with them?"
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev looks in horror as Oldin says that to Ruadnait. Then he elbows Thanis gently and quietly says "This is such a bad idea"
OUT OF CHARACTER
You told told us all the A's but why is there green P all over the place :lol:

Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

If Rúadhnait makes an aggressive move against the men then Leenah will use the dagger in her lap to make a sneak attack on the one behind her.
If Rúadhnait does not then she will stay still but is prepared to tumble off the bench towards 710 if the man does anything more than lean close.
In either case she will answer quietly, "I might be."

Attack: +8
Damage: 1d4+1 (19-20/x2) (+3d6 sneak attack)
Tumble: +10
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

klakxor wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

Ah, the P's are all the other patrons of Alice's Restaurant.
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Jiam (who is now an NPC played by me) says to Oldin in common, "Sage Oldin, do you imagine there is going to be a tavern brawl? It seems like ages since I've had a good one ..." He quickly fills an empty mug with ale so that he has one in each hand, although he remains seated to see what Ruadhnait will do.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

patransom wrote:
klakxor wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

Ah, the P's are all the other patrons of Alice's Restaurant.
Trying to make a joke about peeing on the floor of the restaurant
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Apparently having exercised his hitherto unsuspected ability to become invisible, Esias will move to 0818 to flank d1. :shock:

OOC: +14 Move Silently

(Unless, of course, the DM has -- *gasp* -- made a mistake! :mrgreen: )
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Rúadhnait looks at Oldin, earnestly surprised. She nods and rises from the table, still facing her companions. Her hand moves to her waist, her fingers tightening around the pommel of her sword. Then, she seems to think better of it and releases the weapon, reaching instead for her empty mug.

Mug in hand, she moves purposefully in the direction of the bar. She pauses in square 1109 and suddenly wheels to face d2, swinging for his chin (or general region of his head). If the mug is made of metal, she'll wield it in the attack, otherwise, she drops it in favor of her fist.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin continues smiling, but with a bite to his tone says, "Having traveled with me, my good friend Jiam, I would suspect that you have noticed that I don't care much for violence. Now, Rúadhnait seems to understand that subject much better. You should probably ask her." He adds poignantly, "I, for one, will have nothing to do with the likes of this filth!"

Seeing Rúadhnait's action, he says, "And there you have your answer."
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

CGM3 wrote:Apparently having exercised his hitherto unsuspected ability to become invisible, Esias will move to 0818 to flank d1. :shock:

Blast! Always messing up! Let's assume Esias is at 1110. Since you are not invisible, do you still want to move to 0808 (which is what I assume you meant)?
mechwarrior26
Horseman
Horseman

Post by mechwarrior26 »

Thanis's eyes narrow slightly as the 'Dude' walks over to Leenah his hand adjusting on the barrel of the sniper rifle, but he waits patiently to see what would happen. His eyes showed deep shock and concern at Oldins words, and even greater suprise and shock at Rúadhnait's action, "Son of a...."

Thanis pushes the chair back quickly. He kickes the sniper rifle into the air infront of him and grabs it out of mid air to aim at the three men at the bar to keep them from coming over...
((Don't know what to roll for that catch. Probably a reflex roll. But I'm sure I'll pass it with any luck...hint hint wink wink. After that he moves to 1311 to keep the three at the bar covered.))

..."Shar... that spray can (Shotgun) of yours would be really handy against thes subs their about to break out. All I got besides this is 'Shiny' (his shortsword)"

((If any of the three at the bar so much as move, Thainis is going to pump a round into their heads to get his point across to the others standing there. If no one else gets up, considering that the 'Dudes' are probably going to start spraying, will duck for cover.))
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

patransom wrote:
CGM3 wrote:Apparently having exercised his hitherto unsuspected ability to become invisible, Esias will move to 0818 to flank d1. :shock:

Blast! Always messing up! Let's assume Esias is at 1110. Since you are not invisible, do you still want to move to 0808 (which is what I assume you meant)?
Hide in Plain Sight would be so useful here... :wink:

No, Esias will remain seated until Rúadhnait throws her punch at d2; then he'll rise to his feet and get in his own shot at that goober (unarmed strike, +5 to hit, 1d3+2 nonlethal damage, opponent gets attack of opportunity if he is armed (and Improved Unarmed Strike is considered armed).

"A riot is an ugly thing... and it's high time we had one!"
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

[ooc - I'm now posting for Vulan M'dore - and will continue to do so until further notice]

Vulan wheels about - looks up at the man who spoke and says, "Don't much care for your tone, little'bit." And smashes his fist into the man's nose.

"Maybe that'll make you sound different."
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand watches in surprise the actions of his comrades, then stands up and steps to 0710. He mutters to himself, "A tavern brawl, my teacher would not approve". He focuses his attention on the 3 men still at the bar, waiting to see what they will do.
Image R.I.P. Brand
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

With the flurry of action going on, Shareev looks down and says to Amon in a quiet voice, "Hide under the table behind us."

He then pulls his shotgun off of his back and looks over at Thanis,"You know this is a real bad idea, don't you."

He then moves around Oldin to sqaure 0813.

Return to “Perearth: Archives”