John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Brand moves toward the fray.

Zol (d2) lies on the floor and bleeds.

Thanis, although his weapon now lies right next to him, continues to play dead.

Shareev blasts d5, who is pelted with tiny projectiles and collapses to the floor, bleeding profusely. [Shareev, your weapon is empty now]
d3 steps away from Ruadhnait and opens up with multiple bangs from his weapon. Ruadhnait escapes unscathed.

Vulan shouts, "Friends don't let friends die drunk!" and charges across the overturned table at d3, slashing the man with his greatsword and cutting him badly.

Leenah, her easy path to d3 now blocked, goes after d4 instead, cutting him with both sword and dagger. [the sword was a crit, but not a very good one …]

Now within a step of striking d4, Brand attempts to do so, but, even distracted by the wounds Leenah caused, d4 manages to avoid Brand's swing.

Aeless, with d5 down, takes a circling approach to d3, leaving space open for his friends, but after all that, can't hit the man with his greatsword.

Jiam seems to nearly fall down as he stumbles past the corner of the bar. He manages to right himself and take a wild swing with a beer mug at d4, but misses.

Then a glass flies from the bar and narrowly misses d4's head.

Oldin moves over to Zol and stops his bleeding with a little fire.

d4 steps back saying, "Boss, this isn't looking good" There is a single bang from his stick and Leenah hears something zip by her head.

Ruadhnait scowls and steps after d3, cutting him with her sword.

Esias, with d5 down, rushes after d3 [took the liberty and assume you don't mind, since it lets you skirmish. If you don't like it, let me know and you can change actions]. He cuts him badly and d3 now looks on the verge of collapse.

The patrons who were cowering in the corner take this opportunity to run for the door around the melee.

[Technically, this last action won't take place until after Thanis and Shareev next round, but since most of the rest of you might decide different actions based on it …] d5 drops to his knees and raises his stick over his head, yelling "Wait! Wait! Don't kill me! We can work something out ..."
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Shareev moves to 1210 and takes the stick from D5.

"Why the hell did I come in here? I don't need to eat. I don't even need this shit. Thanis, get your ass up and do something."

Shareev looks down at D5, "Sorry about that. Couldn't let you kill my friend here. They", Shareev nods his head over towards the majority of the party," shouldn't even be here from what I can tell. As long as Thanis lives, I have no reason to kill you. However I think that the others may have plans on that."
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin steps over to d5 and briefly assesses the situation. If the man looks like his life is slipping away, he will do the same thing and touch him with Seker's power. Otherwise, Oldin will attempt to use the man's tattered clothing to stop the bleeding.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

"First smart thing you lot said," He spits out at D3. "We'll let you live for nothing more than an apology and a round of ale - or whatever pisswater you can afford. Just hand over those pig stickers first."

If he obeys, Vulan accepts the weapons - if they make any hostile move he instead cuts D3's head off.
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias will reserve action until d3 and d4 either drop their weapons, or one of them continues the fight. In the latter case, if d3 tries something, he'll stab d3; otherwise, he'll move to 1303 (via 1505-1604-1603-1502-1402-1303 with a 40 movement) and do a skirmish attack on d4.
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

"We're letting them live?!" Rúadhnait growls through clenched teeth (in Common). Her sword remains at the ready and she keeps a watchful eye on d3 and d4. If either of them so much as twitches, she attacks.
John Grigsby
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin calmly responds to Rúadhnait's growl. "I am not entirely sure. I figure the laws of this town will prevail. Perhaps they will be put to the death. We will just have to wait to see."

Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

"You would be wise to surrender", Brand says to Dude 3 & 4. "You have my word, we'll not harm you."

Brand waits to see what they will do.
Image R.I.P. Brand
Icefire
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Icefire »

Leenah watches and waits. If they do indeed surrender than she will back off and let others handle it. If they do not than she will take a 5 foot step and attack D3.
Perearth: Tana Lattia, Monk of the Order of St. Cuthbert, human female
Brave New Peareath: Leenah, Viridian female rogue
TOS 100+: Belladona Southfarthing, halfling rogue/swashbuckler/thief acrobat
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

d3, the apparent leader who was holding his weapon over his head, (sorry, I called him d5 at one point in the previous post), drops the stick on the ground in front of him and remains kneeling with his hands raised in the air.

d4, following his boss' lead, kneels, places his stick at arms length out to his right, and raises his hands in the air.

Shareev takes the weapon away from the unconscious d5, while Oldin bandages this injured man's wounds, stopping the bleeding.

The remaining Patrons run out the door and Alice pokes her head up from behind the bar.

d3 says, "Look, take the kuhns, just don't kill us." In response to Shareev, he says, "If you just want some ale, we'll take care of that."
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Rúadhnait signs heavily, obviously not pleased with the decision to let justice prevail. Even so, she lowers (but does not sheath) her weapon and, keeping her eyes on the prisoners, kicks the khuns away from the men.

Looking back at the kneeling men, she says (in Common, of course), "There is no honor in killing a foe that is already beaten. But if you come back to bother Alice Dabber again, I will not hold back."
John Grigsby
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Oldin looks around the room for any of his allies who are injured. With the enemy not at risk of death at the moment, Oldin does not worry about aiding them. He will cast magic from his prepared spells rather than waste wand charges (since he can be recharged, but a wand cannot).

Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

Vulan wipes the blood off his blade and sheaths it, then takes the kuns, "We'll just make sure these aren't used improperly anymore..."

He then orders a round of ale, helps D3 onto his feat - "what's your name kiddo?" and hands sets him in a seat at the bar.
Galaphile
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by Galaphile »

Brand sees that the situation is under control, so goes over to Thanis and Shareev and asks “We've killed one of them, are we in any danger from the local authorities?"
Image R.I.P. Brand
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

"Their dudes and therefore not technically under the jurisdiction of the sheriff. He may not like the fight here breaking out. I am not sure how the rest of the dudes will take it either. "
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Esias frowns at the response. "What is a dood?" he asks. "Some manner o' liege-sworn, or a freeman beholdin' t' none?"
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

Return to “Perearth: Archives”